PS4-Infamous

PlayStation Blogcast 026: Sly Cooper, KickBeat, the Latest on The Last of Us

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on May 24, 2012 // Social Media Manager

Subscription Links:

Urge to kill…rising. That’s sign #236 that E3 2012 is almost here! While Jeff, Rey and I slash and burn our email inboxes, sit in endless planning meetings, and prepare for PlayStation.Blog’s ambitious all-access E3 game demo livestream (details soon!), we found a couple of minutes to talk about important stuff. You know, games.

Today’s episode shows a distinct PS Vita slant, starting with the latest details on the PS Vita version of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time straight from Sanzaru Games President and CEO Glen Egan and Lead Designer Matt Kraemer. Then, Zen Studios Creative Director Neil Sorens stops by to discuss his goals for KickBeat, the kung-fu-flavored rhythm game coming to PS Vita later this year. Then Jeff serves up late-breaking impressions of The Last of Us and When Vikings Attack.

We top it off with first details on the PSN game lineup for next Tuesday, 5/29, plus a farm-fresh crop of new user questions and user tips. Listen in!

Stuff We Talked About

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanJeff Rubenstein

Official PlayStation.Blogcast: Rey Gutierrez

The Cast

• Sid Shuman – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Jeff Rubenstein – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Manager
  • Rey Gutierrez – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • [Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game
    details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating
    descriptions.]

+ yourworldonfire on May 24th, 2012 at 6:17 pm said:

Is next week going to be sort of an E3 preview maybe???? pls!

+ IzoGray on May 24th, 2012 at 6:43 pm said:

Only listening to this because you linked Greg Miller.
    Maybe this will be the start a weekly thing though!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 24th, 2012 at 10:53 pm said:

I’m of the opinion that Greg doesn’t get enough attention. Surely that’s the case.

+ camiwaits_us on May 24th, 2012 at 6:56 pm said:

Is the Harley Quinn DLC for Arkham City coming out this Tuesday to PSN?

+ AsiaQatar on May 24th, 2012 at 7:03 pm said:

I like the fact I can download this straight to my PS3′s Music Folder on the HDD, just by clicking on the mp3 link above.

I don’t know why you guys have never promoted that.
    At least add a “You Can Download This Awesome Blogcast To Your Awesome PS3 By Clicking this here mp3 link!”.

Or something…

I mean (right click/save)? Who we all workin’ for here?
    #srslywho

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 24th, 2012 at 10:54 pm said:

Maybe that’s our Tip of the Week next week?

+ AsiaQatar on May 24th, 2012 at 7:13 pm said:

#synergy

+ foxman420 on May 24th, 2012 at 7:45 pm said:

the music u played at the end of todays blocast was from darkcloud.

+ Sid Shuman on May 25th, 2012 at 12:37 pm said:

Was it now?

+ StealthReborn– on May 24th, 2012 at 7:57 pm said:

Nothing better than listening to the blogcast on my PSPgo in the baking sun while I cut the grass tomorrow afternoon. Although I should probably remember to use sunscreen because listening to you guys and (gals?) distract me with an always fun and informative blogcast. =)

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 24th, 2012 at 10:55 pm said:

Thanks! Use the sunscreen. I’m getting over a crappy burn from the beach in San Diego.

+ DarkOne_PR on May 24th, 2012 at 7:59 pm said:

RANDOM COMMENT!

Guys now that u have a good relation with greg listen to what he said about PS ALL STAR BR! The game MUST HAVE a Knock off the ring Mode like SMASH! thats what we wanted! dont do that crap about filling specials so u can actually score! ARRGGG! dont like that idea! still love the game and that sony listened to us but keep hearing us and greg miller too…. WE WANT SMASH OUT OF THE RING! thats what give the game tactics and good teamwork when fighting 2 vs 2! Love u all

+ chaoszero14 on May 24th, 2012 at 8:23 pm said:

LOL! I’ll be there with my JEFF, R3Y, and SID sign! This sounds awesome though, thank you guys for doing this! I will be there for sure.

+ DZORMAGEN on May 24th, 2012 at 9:04 pm said:

I really hope I can meet the PS Blog crew again this year!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 24th, 2012 at 10:55 pm said:

You can. You can.

+ DeadKillersRevng on May 24th, 2012 at 9:09 pm said:

LOL #$%^! Greg Miller!

+ tbm0987 on May 24th, 2012 at 9:41 pm said:

umm so my buddy just downloaded NFSMW and i got old data on my ps2 card. witch is on my ps3 and when we went to load it we found out that the game installs another save data utility for ps2 game. ergo rendering my old data useless. so my questions is what is the point in being able to save my old ps2 card data if i cant use it for ur classic games? please answer. ty

+ etur0 on May 24th, 2012 at 9:48 pm said:

@AsiaQatar I use media go I subscribe to the show and it automatically downloads since I have media go running at all times(wish it would auto start when I turn on my pc) then I either listen to it on my pc or on my psp go (don’t have a vita yet low on money right now) depending if I’m busy or not

+ etur0 on May 24th, 2012 at 9:54 pm said:

here is an idea put up this shows email address in the post to make it easier for people to send in questions tips and the answer to this weeks song

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 24th, 2012 at 10:57 pm said:

We don’t for spam reasons – you throw an email address in a page and your inbox magically fills with crap!

+ Emerald_Swords on May 24th, 2012 at 10:59 pm said:

As always, a great blogcast.

+ Sid Shuman on May 25th, 2012 at 12:38 pm said:

Glad you liked it! (^_^)

+ redbeanrice on May 24th, 2012 at 11:12 pm said:

Hey guys, great blogcast. I’ve only just started listening to some podcasts, and this is one of my favorites. Keep it up.

That said, Atelier is pronounced atl-yey :-).

+ Sid Shuman on May 25th, 2012 at 12:38 pm said:

Thanks! Where were you when I needed you? ::sob::

+ etur0 on May 25th, 2012 at 12:28 am said:

@Jeff Rubenstein yeah that is true but it would still be nice if it was easier then having to try to remember the email from listing to the show

+ Richard919 on May 25th, 2012 at 12:43 am said:

i think it was Jeff who said The Walking Dead was on A&E buuuut its not, its on AMC. haha :P

great blogcast like usual ! cant wait for next week

+ Sid Shuman on May 25th, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

I told Jeff about that just now and he went “Oooooohh!” :)

+ cjmc18 on May 25th, 2012 at 3:22 am said:

its so easy to download this from my vita. one touch and there. btw im also commenting from my vita lol

+ Elvick_ on May 25th, 2012 at 5:34 am said:

NIS America fan here~ Looking forward to Atelier Meruru LE getting here. Barrel shirt ftw~

Still listening… but loving it so far. (as usual)

+ Sid Shuman on May 25th, 2012 at 12:39 pm said:

Thanks for the kind words! (^_^)

+ Xer0Signal on May 25th, 2012 at 7:02 am said:

YES! That’s 2 more uses of “poo-poo” from Sid.

I’m loving it.

+ Sid Shuman on May 25th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

Well, Scooby Doo can doo-doo! But Jimmy Carter is smarter

+ PainOfSarrow on May 25th, 2012 at 8:25 am said:

what exactly is Blogcast abouttt ??????????

+ Sid Shuman on May 25th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

All kinds of stuff! Give it a listen and let us know what you think.

+ hotandserious on May 25th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

Hi Guys

Great show!

I wanted to let you know that A Space Shooter For 2 Bucks is listed as Vita compatible on psn when signed on via ps3, but it won’t transfer over using the content manager or download via my Vita download list on the Vita Store.

+ Sid Shuman on May 25th, 2012 at 12:39 pm said:

Good to know, we’ll pass this along.

+ The_Dukenator on May 25th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

camiwaits_us on May 24th, 2012 at 6:56 pm said:

Is the Harley Quinn DLC for Arkham City coming out this Tuesday to PSN?

Yes it is.

From: http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/16317-Game-of-the-Year-and-Harley-Quinn-s-Revenge-FAQ

HARLEY QUINN’S REVENGE

How much will it cost?
    800 points on Xbox Live and $9.99 on Playstation Network

Do I need to buy the Game of the Year edition to play it?

Do I need to own Arkham City to play it?

When can I buy it on its own?
    From May 29th onwards (both Xbox Live and Playstation Network)

Is it coming to PC?
    Yes, we will be announcing more details soon

Are there new achievements?
    Oh yes!

Who do I play as?
    You will switch between Robin and Batman within the DLC.

Do I need the Robin DLC to play Harley Quinn’s Revenge?

How long is the content?
    Over 2 hours and all new environments

Are there any Easter eggs?Is this the last DLC?What are you doing next?
    You will have to wait and see!

+ krae_man on May 25th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

Will listen for Sly Cooper.

Side question, Why do you need to be connected to the internet to transfer photos to and from the Vita? I can understand the requirement for PSN content, but non copy protected content? that makes absolutely no sense. You can combat piracy in ways that doesn’t have stupid restrictions like this.

+ TwinDad on May 25th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

Any thoughts on doing a live or something type of live BlogCast at this years PAX Prime?

+ TwinDad on May 25th, 2012 at 11:45 am said:

Question:

I’m only up to April so far (backlog) but I don’t recall there being a PS Mini as the Gem of the week, are the mini’s excluded or has it just not chosen yet?

+ Sid Shuman on May 25th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

We’ve chosen a Mini or two, but you’re right that most of our selections have been “full” PSN games. I can think of several Minis that I’d recommend, though :-)

+ Airwalkinman17 on May 25th, 2012 at 2:00 pm said:

Another great episode guys! Great great work. I was so stoked when Jeff announced the E3 opportunity for me to go. Can’t wait to hear more. I SO WANT TO GO. I only live a couple hours north of LA. I will be there :D

+ IceSamurai on May 26th, 2012 at 12:10 am said:

Off topic, whats the name of that old tv show with old kung fu movies with rappers?

+ Kchow23 on May 26th, 2012 at 12:10 am said:

Great episode and I can’t wait for E3 and the live Blogcast! Would be great if you guys brought over some of the guys from Giantbomb once in a while.

+ Kchow23 on May 26th, 2012 at 12:51 am said:

Also, you guys do give us some insight into the game industry, but there are always great sources out there that people may not know about!

+ adray69 on May 26th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

are there any plans to release anymore psone imports. It was my favorite section on the store and made it both easy and affordable to play great japanese games that never made it over here. Since I’m asking for more games I actually put my money were my mouth is and purchased most of the psone imports. I hope it isnt dead since the ps3 is region locked on ps1 games.

+ krae_man on May 26th, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

Hi Blogcast,

Why do I have to be connected to the internet to transfer photos from my PC to Vita or Vice Versa? I can understand requiring it for PSN content, but it doesn’t make any sense for non copy protected content.

+ Valde_zerocool on May 26th, 2012 at 5:33 pm said:

I’ve been reading the blog for a long time now but i’ve never listened to the podcast until this week, its very informative and well done, I can’t wait for the weeks upcoming, including E3, thanks!

+ jacob_w_18 on May 27th, 2012 at 2:06 am said:

@23 the mini i must run! has the same problem not transfering but being available on vita store. i really wish tetris angrybirds monopoly and pac man championship would transfer as well…oh well..cough psone cough….but still absolutely LOVING the vita. cant put it away….and ive tried for weeks now!!

+ megamanzx on May 28th, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

hey guys i just have one question is when are Ps1 game without remoto play will by available.