PS4-Watch_Dogs

The Smallest Sly Ever – See Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Sneaking on PS Vita

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 25, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

You’ve probably seen the news: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time doesn’t just mark Sly Cooper’s first full-length adventure on the PS3 – it’ll be his first appearance on PlayStation Vita as well. We invited Thieves in Time’s Lead Designer Matt Kraemer and Sanzaru CEO Glen Egan into the studio for a deep conversation about bringing Sly, Murray, Carmelita, and the gang to PS3 and PS Vita in yesterday’s edition of the PlayStation Blogcast (click here to listen). But maybe you just wanna see what Sly looks like on PS Vita. We understand.

So here’s a video of Egan demoing some of the PS Vita-specific features you’ll find when Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time drops this Fall:

We’ll show you more of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time on our PlayStation E3 Livestream, starting Monday, June 4th at 5:30 pm Pacific/8:30 pm Eastern.

PAGE 1 2

+ GGCAN on May 25th, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

Thanks Jeff.

Looks really nice on the Vita !

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 25th, 2012 at 4:36 pm said:

I wish I could take credit. Thanks!

+ snakeeyes211 on May 25th, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

Totally sensationalistic bro

+ AwRy108 on May 25th, 2012 at 11:22 am said:

Looks great on the Vita! Going to be tough deciding which version to get (and “no”, I’m not getting both).

So glad to see the Vita getting such a high-profile release; now we just need 3rd parties to start following suit.

+ spoonTRex on May 25th, 2012 at 11:24 am said:

Buy one get both? Or some sort of insane discount when I get the PS3 version?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 25th, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

These details are yet to be determined. Please stay tuned closer to launch.

+ spoonTRex on May 25th, 2012 at 11:28 am said:

Also, saying the gameplay is like “the PS3 version you know and love” makes no sense. We’re all assuming it play’s like Sucker Punch’s Sly games, but as the game isn’t released yet, we don’t have a version to KNOW, much less LOVE yet. (though I’m certain we’re going to.) :)

+ D-Squad3 on May 25th, 2012 at 11:29 am said:

Gonna miss the 60fps, I need more money to get both too! :(

+ g-sweeper_6 on May 25th, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

Will the Playstation E3 livestream be archived someplace? I have a summer leadership program that week and won’t be able to see any livestreams.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 25th, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

Yes, we’ll be uploading all livestream segments to YouTube on the fly.

+ poodude on May 25th, 2012 at 12:41 pm said:

@ g-weeper_6

They usually upload it to the PS Store.

+ Link01 on May 25th, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

Now, is it the ACTUAL resolution of the Vita.. or upscaled like all of the current games we have. BTW, it does look fantastic!

+ Hokage_45678 on May 25th, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

OMG! Yes I am so buying this for the Vita. It looks Awesome!

+ GGCAN on May 25th, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

@7 – g-sweeper_6.

You can go to the Playstation Store and under the Media category.

For the past few years, Sony has been posting the daily E3 events there.

+ Sonicfan11589 on May 25th, 2012 at 12:53 pm said:

Wow, the announcement of vita games within the last 2 months or so is amazing:
-Sly 4
-Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed
-Jet Set Radio
-Plus more

I’m sure they’ll be plenty more announced at E3. :)

+ Sonicfan11589 on May 25th, 2012 at 12:54 pm said:

Sorry to bug u about this again and again,
but any updates on PSone Classics for Vita?
I know u guys are working very hard on it and we appreciate it.

+ Sonicfan11589 on May 25th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

One more thing: Will the trophies be more challenging because Sly 1 and Sly 2 (and i think also Sly 3 since i’m in the middle of it) are pretty easy.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 25th, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

We talked about Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time’s Trophies in this week’s PlayStation Blogcast. Download it!.

+ zakdude100 on May 25th, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

ok got a few questions for ya but i dont know if you will know the answers, but here goes:
1) when will sanzaru announce the competition winners
2) How many levels will there be in SC:TiT? i guess 10 (and theres also the prelude level)
3)will there be collectors edition?
4) will there be a comic to show the story between sly 3 & 4? they did them for the 1st & 2nd games, and then a comic between 2 & 3.
well thats all for now
thanks!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 25th, 2012 at 4:39 pm said:

Good questions to ask them at E3!

+ ABRipperXX on May 25th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

Sanzaru are doing an amazing job on the new sly cooper keep up the great work guys! Sly looks amazing on both Vita and PS3 can’t wait to get both day 1. Hopefully they have a deal like MLB 12: The Show, buy both save 20 bucks or something would be cool.

+ Mega11212 on May 25th, 2012 at 1:44 pm said:

looks really cool on the vita will it run at 60 fps like the ps3.

+ Airwalkinman17 on May 25th, 2012 at 2:05 pm said:

Can’t wait to buy my VITA soon!!!

+ Sephir007 on May 25th, 2012 at 2:32 pm said:

Great, I just can’t wait to see what Sony has for us on E3 I’m properly hyped!! , the blog is on fire with great announcements!! Thank you!

+ lisatsunami on May 25th, 2012 at 2:47 pm said:

Please save some Vita surprises for E3!

+ IzoGray on May 25th, 2012 at 3:12 pm said:

@lisatsunami

I hear what you’re saying. Surprises are nice but if they should be releasing small information about games before E3 so it just doesn’t flood over and increase the chances of someone missing coverage about a new game.

+ MarinoBrea on May 25th, 2012 at 3:23 pm said:

This is the kind of game I’d play in a Vita, but not on PS3, I hope that makes sense. I think the whole touch-motion control system works better for it, and all the interactions just pop out more vividly in the palm of your hand.

+ dilbig5 on May 25th, 2012 at 3:49 pm said:

Looks really nice, i would like both but i would probably have to get the PS3 version if they don’t come in a deal together.

+ Enigma777 on May 25th, 2012 at 5:07 pm said:

Ugh… not another port. Why can’t you spend that time and money on making more awesome exclusives like Gravity Rush instead?

+ Robbie_G_lrish on May 25th, 2012 at 6:56 pm said:

Why not have both? It’s not like Sanzaru would’ve been working on a new Vita exclusive if they weren’t doing this port.

+ Robbie_G_lrish on May 25th, 2012 at 6:57 pm said:

Woops… last comment was directed @24

+ AgentX on May 25th, 2012 at 7:52 pm said:

It was a pleasant surprise to hear that this game was in development for the Vita. So far, it looks like it’s coming along nicely!

The concept of using the gyroscope tilting to guide projectiles reminds me of certain portions of Heavenly Sword that also did this. I liked those segments in Heavenly Sword, and I’d probably like it in this game as well.

+ subject98 on May 25th, 2012 at 10:23 pm said:

I don’t mind this being a port… I don’t have a ps3 so this’ll give me a chance to play it.

+ Kchow23 on May 26th, 2012 at 12:08 am said:

Looks great on the PS Vita and although I want to see brand new games on the PS Vita and not ports… I wouldn’t mind this one.

+ Imputed7-14 on May 26th, 2012 at 6:17 am said:

Playing through the Sly Collection. It is so very good. I am really excited to see what you all do with the different time periods. Thanks for making it for both. It a really nice option.

+ onslaughtree on May 26th, 2012 at 7:08 am said:

This is just awesome.The Vita is getting a steady stream of good news. I still have my pspGo and like many others , im waiting for the psOne/ps2 playability to be added to make the switch. I play waaaaaaaaay to many psOne titles still. I think the biggest hurdle for the Vita’s success still may be the pricing of the games. Hope this is in line with $20 – $25. Escape Plan is still one of the best selling Vita games and that stems from it being a great new IP, but also its perfect price point of $15. well as always, Keep On Gamin.

+ andre-arkade on May 26th, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

Hi there, I wanted to Know if the GAME is going to be more difficult than the others, because Sly 1-3 where way too easy!!! Why not put an Difficulty Setting :D ???

+ SPARTANSONIC117 on May 26th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

If I buy a copy of the game on my Playstation will I have to go out and buy a copy of the Vita version too? Or will it come with a code or something?

+ king199780 on May 26th, 2012 at 8:49 am said:

WHAT????????SLY 4 IN PS-VITA!!!!!!!!!!!
THE BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD THIS MONTH!!!!!
GREATE JOB YOU GUYS ;)

+ Furcifex on May 26th, 2012 at 9:46 am said:

I am really impressed with both versions of Thieves in Time and I’d like to congratulate Sanzaru and Sony for this great game. I’ve been looking for a new Sly Cooper game for years. I believe many players want to know how Sony pretends for the players to enjoy both versions of this game. I believe you should consider what Valve did with Portal 2. You buy Portal 2 for PlayStation 3 and get the PC copy for free. I have both PlayStation 3 and Vita consoles and I believe the master move here would be to give the Vita version (both physical and download) a free download copy for the PlayStation 3 version, but not the opposite… (to be continued)

+ Furcifex on May 26th, 2012 at 9:48 am said:

…Here is a little catch: only the download version for PlayStation 3 would have a little delay at its launch based on the physical version. Doing this you would promote Vita a lot, for players would not wait for such a delay (let’s say, a small delay; maybe a week later or so). The best deal would be getting Vita’s version rather than PlayStation 3’s and, with it, people would be stimulated to buy a Vita to make worth the investment of the game. Also Sanzaru should think about using the Vita as a PlayStation 3 controller so the players would enjoy both versions with all the motion and touch controls that seem to be awesome; people would have both versions, so it would be totally functional from day one. Honestly, this is the best marketing idea I could think for it to be the greatest success possible. Best regards for the whole team.

+ Lemondish on May 26th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

I don’t know whether this is the right place to do this, but I want to urge Sanzaru and Sony to consider a new way to distribute these types of ports. I probably won’t buy both games if they’re full priced, which is a bummer because I’d love to be able to, but I just can’t.

However, I would totally buy it if it was like Valve’s Portal 2 wherein I got the other version for free. I absolutely loved that deal. Even a bundled version with a discount would appeal to me. I love my Vita, but its starting to gather a bit of dust while waiting for Gravity Rush and having more to look forward to without the existential crisis of ‘which system to I buy for’ would definitely appeal to me as a gamer :)

+ OmegaSpear on May 26th, 2012 at 12:39 pm said:

Very nice that sly is coming to the vita, i’m gonna buy the PS3 version though.

+ JEC94 on May 26th, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

Is so sad that the Vita isn’t selling well. So much potential! You guys better announce lots of system seller at E3! Or else Vita will………

+ Elvick_ on May 26th, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

@35/36: People would just sell the other copy. The feature to save and continue is for those who WANT both versions. They’ve never been forcing this on anyone, and I’m tired of people whining like they expect every single person to buy both just because it’s on both.

Some people prefer some games to be portable, some would rather sit down and sink into it on a big screen. Some want both. Like myself. I’ll buy both, because a) I can afford to and b) because I want to. And I would do this regardless of the save stuff. As I have before.

The fact that Sony realizes there are those out there who buy a game twice, is evident of the fact they understand gamers. And by allowing saves to transfer, they’re doing nothing to discourage anyone from buying it on their preferred platform. Just giving those who would buy it twice regardless, a handy feature catered to their habits.

+ krae_man on May 26th, 2012 at 2:07 pm said:

Can’t wait to try it at PAX.

+ GangstaTroy on May 26th, 2012 at 5:26 pm said:

They should not give out the vita version for free to the people that bought the ps3 version. It is important for them to make money so they can continue there great work. However they should think of adding a discount coupon even if its only $10 off for people that (pre ordered) there game on Ps3. A discount would definitely Put peoples minds to ease when picking up both versions. And If they dont like that ideal. Perhaps few future dlc’s for free for the people that bought both versions. People will be more likely to buy both if theres a advantage to it. It would be a pre order only discount. And sense people will not get the discount if they did not pre order The company would still be making a nice amount of money and keeping there fans happy.

+ VinsanityV21 on May 26th, 2012 at 11:38 pm said:

Looks great! Although I’m still a bit saddened that we’ve only some very brief chunks of gameplay video for Sly 4 so far, even with that segment on GTTV. I expect Thieves in Time coverage to start blowing up at E3, hopefully. I wanna see more videos! :)

Still, thanks for keeping the coverage trickling down. I guess the next wave will come in a week or so when we find out about the Treasure Design contest entries…

+ VinsanityV21 on May 26th, 2012 at 11:40 pm said:

@GangstaTroy; you’re right that they shouldn’t give it away for Free. However, more than a discount, Sony should consider bundling Cross-platform games like Sly 4. Release the PS3 SKU, the Vita SKU, and then a PS3/Vita bundle. Maybe make the PS3 version $50, the Vita version $40 and a bundle with both $60? I dunno. But Sony should do something. Just like they should’ve made a Move Bundle with Sorcery, which they didn’t. So I don’t expect them to offer ANYTHING – a bundle or a discount – for the Vita version of Sly if you buy the PS3 version of Thieves in Time. *sigh*

+ b12060090063698 on May 27th, 2012 at 6:12 am said:

When will the contest winners be announced?

+ ihatemath113 on May 27th, 2012 at 9:22 pm said:

Could you tell us anything about the controls?

+ fredster90 on May 28th, 2012 at 12:45 am said:

please make black ops 2 bundle with a ps3 please!

+ bbee81 on May 28th, 2012 at 11:43 pm said:

The REAL vita question is when wil there be ps3 remote play? This question continues to be overlooked. I love my vita, as a stand alone system it is great. Unfortunatly it is not worth the price tag “as is”. I believe it would be if the remote play feature worked as promised. I downloaded the video again from the psn, the adver. about cross platform play and remote play, and it does not say some games or feature to come, it says ps3 games on the vita! I personaly am not asking to take my vita on the road and get on my ps3, but I would like to go in a different room or let my family watch something and continue to play my current game. I have read several articles stating that a future firmware has been confirmed to allow full remote play function. Is this true? If so why havent you, sony, released something on this? Im sure that this would be a great selling point, esp. since the word has got out that you mislead people in this. I really would like to know if this is happening or should I just count this one out?

+ mistercrow on May 28th, 2012 at 11:46 pm said:

Awesome. More games for my Vita.

+ RifleNinja49 on May 29th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

anyone else reminded of a similar phrase being used for Peace Walker “Metal gear solid sneaks onto PSP!” not that it matters its another game for my vita thus i am gratefull just thought it was ironic i was hoping Peace Walker would be loaded onto the vita i loved that game (and all the other MGS psp titles)

PAGE 1 2