PS4-The Order

The PlayStation Recap – Memorial Day Edition

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on May 26, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

This weekend marks an annual American tradition: giving thanks to our nation’s veterans, often while scorching assorted meats on a smoldering barbecue grill. I’ll be doing my part, probably while crashed on the couch with a DualShock 3 in hand and a stack of recent releases I haven’t played yet (May Payne 3!). I’m focused on resting up in preparation for the delirious madness that is E3 — it’s much closer than you think!

In other news this week, Sorcery made its long-awaited PlayStation Move debut, the creators of Foosball 2012 revealed a new dev diary showing off the myriad gameplay options between the PS3 and PS Vita versions (including but not limited to cross-platform play), we went hands-on with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for PS Vita in a new video, and the creators of Augmented Reality game PulzAR revealed how you can save the world with your PS Vita next month.

What are you playing this weekend?

The PlayStation Recap – PlayStation.Blog

Most-Watched Video of the Week: Retro City Rampage for PS Vita

The 10 Most-Viewed Posts of the Week

• PlayStation Store Update – Sorcery, Table Top Tanks for PS Vita, Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock for PS3, Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale, Sega classics and more.
  • UNCHARTED Goes Digital: First Two PS3 Adventures Hit PSN June 26th – Digital re-releases are in the works for Naughty Dog’s seminal action-adventure series.
  • See Retro City Rampage in Action on PS Vita – This puppy is quickly shaping up to be a cult hit, with its 8-bit aesthetic and myriad references to the gaming days of old.
  • Aliens: Colonial Marines Confirmed for February, Watch the New Trailer – A new, confirmed release date and a suspenseful trailer for Gearbox’s sequel to the legendary 1986 film Aliens.
  • LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita: A Peek Behind the Curtain – An insightful video that shows new gameplay and details the creative process of Media Molecule and Tarsier Studios.
  • Sack it to Me: Sackboy Takes To The Stars! – Starhawk Mini-pack announcement and the top user-created content as selected by Media Molecule.
  • Introducing KickBeat, a Music Combat Game for PS Vita – Zen Studios unveils its unique interpretation on the music rhythm genre. Watch the debut trailer and read the creative director’s insightful design notes here.
  • Prepare Yourself for When Vikings Attack – This upcoming PS3 and PS Vita digital title is highly accessible and outrageously over-the-top.
  • ModNation Racers: Full Game and DLC Sale on Now! – The perfect opportunity to catch up on this PS3 kart racing classic.
  • GT Academy 2012 Update: How and When to Unlock Prizes – Nab Gold Trophies and you could win four collectible cars in Gran Turismo 5 – full details inside.
  • //Add Your Own

18 Comments

+ Robbie_G_lrish on May 26th, 2012 at 2:25 pm said:

Playing: Twisted Metal, Starhawk
    Listening: Mondo Generator

Hey Sid, whatever happened to that free month of PlayStation Plus that we were supposed to get with the Limited Edition of Starhawk?

+ dilbig5 on May 26th, 2012 at 2:37 pm said:

Playing: GTA4, Mass Effect 3, Crysis, Killzone, MGS4, Sly 2, and NFS: Most Wanted.

Watching: Random Youtube videos and movies.

Reading: The Playstation Blog

Listening to: The sound of beautiful gaming audio.

I wish there was a first week sale on Sorcery, at least for PS Plus. My stupid self bought a pack on Mass Effect 3 without thinking i could of bought the digital version of Sorcery. -_-

+ Butters360 on May 26th, 2012 at 2:59 pm said:

Thanks for the Memorial Day shoutout Sid! Spending my long weekend catching up on my huge backlog.

I’m Playing: UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception, Starhawk, Dragon’s Dogma and Sorcery.

I’m Watching: The Avengers, The Dark Knight, and 90′s Spider-Man cartoon.

I’m Reading: The Black Prism by Brent Weeks.

I’m Listening to: Official PlayStation Blogcast Episode 026: Revitalizing Vita with Sly Cooper and Kickbeat.

+ bakerarmy on May 26th, 2012 at 3:32 pm said:

I am Playing: Max Payne 3, Asura’s Wrath, and finished some DLC on Saint’s Row 3

I am watching: Some movies, no tv since a lot had season finales

I am reading: OPM, Game informer

@1 – I also got the limited edition, however the code was on my receipt. I went to use it and it wasn’t really a free no questions asked month. It was a 3 month subscription with the 1st month free. I already have Plus so I haven’t used it. And I will probably wont since after the 1st month you still have to pay full price for the 3 month plan.

Just wish games that support cross-play released together…(looking at you Doctor Who)

Any chance of more PSP support for the vita? I still have a couple games that wont transfer over from the PS3 even.

+ digeythedog on May 26th, 2012 at 3:47 pm said:

any plans of bringing speech to text software to Vita? it would be a real help and time saver. maybe work out a deal with Google or making a Sony made software or even some other company? i enjoy using mine on my android tablet.
    I’m playing: a little bit of everything
    I’m watching: for PS Vita news for the coming E3
    I’m reading: what I’m watching
    I’m listening: to tune in radio
    I’m wanting: Star Hawk

+ GangstaTroy on May 26th, 2012 at 5:51 pm said:

Sid any ideal if sly on vita is going to be 60fps or not?

+ alx681 on May 26th, 2012 at 9:02 pm said:

I’m playing: Max Payne 3 (old school playthrough) portal 2 (such a clever game, coop is boss)
    I’m watching: formula 1 qualifying, waiting on formula 1 race. ( Go Alonso)
    I’m reading: various websites
    I’m listening to: journey soundtrack (austin wintory is a musical genius)

happy memorial day to the blog crew. get some rest before the hectic week that is E3.
    oh and you have been showing a lot of upcoming games for vita (sly, lbp, retro city rampage) which is great, but never gives us dates. we want release dates : )

+ SiDCrAzYY on May 27th, 2012 at 2:27 am said:

I’m playing: Fat Princess(PS3), waiting for Fistful of Cake to work on my Vita.
    I’m watching: Frasier(On Netflix)
    I’m reading: This Blog
    I’m listening to: Billy Talent – Viking Death March(their new song, woo!)

+ Alyyse on May 27th, 2012 at 6:53 am said:

Hi Sid.
    I’m playing: Sly Cooper
    I’m watching: WWE Wrestle Mania 28 Undertaker vs HHH lol
    I’m reading: TOPM
    I’m listening to: A State of Trance. (as always)

+ Crazy-Maisy on May 27th, 2012 at 8:38 am said:

Memorial day isn’t Vet’s day, that’s in Nov.

Memorial Day is about killed in service Memorial.

Quoting Wikipedia: “Memorial Day is a federal holiday observed annually in the United States on the last Monday of May. Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces”

Just wanting everyone to fully understand what Memorial Day is about, it’s why “Taps” and “21-Gun Salutes” are traditional on this day in many towns and Cemetery ceremonies.

I’m playing: PS3 Starhawk; PS Vita: Tom Blitz
    I’m reading: Stolen Prey by John Sandford
    I’m listening to: My Music on Google Music (12 Stones, Evanescence, Clan of Xymox, etc.)
    I’m watching: Criminal Minds
    I’m grilling: Steak

+ babybluedb on May 27th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

currently not playing anything my ps3 mgs4 bundlel finaly died… but my box is here to send it in to sony

watching the underworld collection bluray edition.. and random youtube videos,,

reading playstation blog ign.com and other online sites…

music… none top listening on my ipod and phone…

+ Matrix_Lion on May 27th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

I’m playing: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
    I’m watching: UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir
    I’m reading: A Game of Thrones
    I’m listening to: No Church in the Wild

+ Robbie_G_lrish on May 27th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

@4 Thanks. I bought mine online and didn’t notice receiving a code but I wasn’t really looking for it there either. Since it’s only part of a subscription deal I’m obviously not missing out on anything.

+ HorrorGod on May 27th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

I’m playing: Sorcery and MLB 12: The Show
    I’m watching: UFC 146/SF Giants Baseball
    I’m reading: The Walking Dead: The Rise of the Governor
    I’m listening to: Johnny Cash on shuffle.

+ ccrogers15 on May 27th, 2012 at 12:41 pm said:

I’m playing: Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
    I’m watching: Nothing
    I’m reading: NOTHING!
    I’m listening to: Nothing

My PS3 broke, thanks sony for the faulty hardware. Seriously the PS3 failure rate is added 10% every year? You GOTTA be kidding me…

+ ReptileHand on May 27th, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

What? No one watched Toonami last night? I just put cable back into my room for that sole reason! Watch it next saturday at 12 midnight! They got Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins among the top trends on twitter! Those two shows aren’t on netflix ….. and they’re really good!

Playing: Awesomenauts, Dragon Age, Black Ops (not by myself, with friends – better social experience – not a good game alone though / I just play it every now and then)

I’m reading: Hmm. I have things to read, but nothing at the moment.

Listening to…. Awesomenauts theme song!

Can’t wait for E3!

+ jazzyrider on May 28th, 2012 at 8:52 am said:

Playing: Journey, Uncharted 3, and Diablo 3 :)

Watching: Men in Black 3, Dark Shadows

Reading: zilch (see above)

Listening: ^^see reading

Thanks to the unofficial start of summer, I’m catching up on a few games and movies!!

+ megamanzx on May 28th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

hey guys long time listener and i have one question and it’s when is playstation or sony are put ps1 game on the vita without remoto play?