Destiny The Taken King

May 29

PlayStation E3 12

PlayStation at E3 2012: Watch Live, Attend the Press Conference

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 29, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

We’re less than a week away from E3 2012! This is what we’re feeling right about now.

First, I’m uber-hyped to share details about our ambitious livestreaming plan. Once again, we’ll be streaming E3 to you live, worldwide, over four jam-packed days. The live E3 broadcast begins this Monday, June 4th at 5:30pm Pacific/8:30pm Eastern with the PlayStation E3 2012 Press Conference, the most exciting (and most Tweeted-about) event on the PlayStation calendar. We’ll then continue the live broadcast through the rest of the week with live gameplay demos for hot upcoming PS3 and PS Vita games — 25 to 30 new game demos in all. We’ll even be snagging your questions from Twitter and posing them to the developers. Make ‘em count!

You’ll find the livestream here on PlayStation.Blog, as well as PlayStation Home,, Facebook, Google Plus, and Ustream. And, for the first time, you’ll be able to watch E3 live directly on your PS3 — a handy icon will be located under the What’s New section on your XMB. PS Vita’s even getting in on the E3 action, with the new Nico Nico video app supporting a beta feed of our E3 livestream. Technology!

PlayStation Move: PixelJunk Lifelike

If you live in the Los Angeles area, though, we’ve got an even better offer. How would you like to attend the PlayStation E3 2012 Press Conference? I’m holding close to 200 seats at the LA Sports Arena for you — all you have to do is show up (and cheer). It won’t be hard. Deal? Here’s what you need to know.

You’re Invited: PlayStation E3 2012 Press Conference

Date: June 4th, 2012

Time: Get there no later than 3:30pm for check in. We can only admit 200 people max, and it’ll be first come, first served!

Location: Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena
3939 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90037

Self parking will be available for any guests who are driving their personal vehicles. Please enter Parking Lot 5 on MLK Boulevard at Hoover and when you arrive please tell the lot attendant that you are attending the Sony Press Event.

Restrictions: You must be at least 21 years old to attend. We will be checking IDs!

Look for this sign!

blog check in e3

Note that we’ll need you no later than 3:30pm, because you’ll be helping us out with our pre-show festivities. But worry not – we’ll have food and drink to keep you fat and happy.

The weather is looking perfect, the games will be awesome, and I hear we serve the best sliders in town. Hope to see you there!

+ YoungWeezy808 on May 29th, 2012 at 10:59 pm said:

Why is it always held in LA

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

There were two years where it was in Atlanta, but I guess that didn’t work out.

+ Nexus_Knight on May 29th, 2012 at 11:31 pm said:

so 200 gamers are gonna help with pre-show festivities ……sweet I’ll be there. save me a spot jeff :P

+ GhostMachine1 on May 30th, 2012 at 12:05 am said:

<—–Attending! I cannot wait!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:20 pm said:

Now I can’t wait!

+ kiikooo on May 30th, 2012 at 12:42 am said:

Im definitely there. How early should i be there to be guaranteed in?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:20 pm said:

I just don’t know… there’s really no way to *guarantee* but I think 200 is a good estimate for how many will show.

+ Shadow_Dancer on May 30th, 2012 at 2:07 am said:

Well I’ll be at work on that day. It’ll be 11:30am here in Australia when the conference goes live and was hoping to watch it on either my Vita or Xperia S. I’m very disappointed that you’ve decided to only let the Nico Nico app be available in North America. Why aren’t you letting people outside North America watch it on their Vita’s? What’s the point of a global company releasing an app for one market only when you realise the anger this will cause to people in other countries?

I hope I’ve misunderstood and you will be releasing the app in PAL territories as well. Otherwise I hope I won’t find any problems watching it on my phone

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

I don’t have any control over PAL territories, but it should work just fine on your phone.

+ Veridis_Quo on May 30th, 2012 at 2:24 am said:

bah! I live fairly close to LA but I have work!

+ vonhammer on May 30th, 2012 at 2:38 am said:

Feels bad that I need to ask this.Is the app global,or for SCEA only? I know we’ve had it in the EU Home,but I remember our ex Blog manger saying a few years ago,that because it’s a SCEA event SCEE don’t have a say in what goes on.
I know our blog dudes have started going to E3,but I’ve got to ask because i’m never sure when it comes to SCE.

+ vonhammer on May 30th, 2012 at 2:41 am said:

Just to clarify my above post,it’s the XMB app I’m asking about.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

I honestly don’t know, so safest to say North America.

+ ptuck874 on May 30th, 2012 at 3:38 am said:

+ adventurene on May 30th, 2012 at 4:13 am said:

I’ll try to make it. Hopefully it won’t fill up too quickly.

+ hitman_stephen on May 30th, 2012 at 5:37 am said:

is the vita live stream app going to appear in a firmware update ? or as a downloadable app, or just appears by magic?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

It’s not an app, just a special version of the webpage that will launch directly from the What’s New section of the XMB

+ Mattht on May 30th, 2012 at 5:41 am said:

Absolutely gutted.. Last year I was in San Francisco studying and could have easily attended E3 but you decided to do a draw, which I did not win. Now that I am back in England you redo the “First come first served thingy” that you did previous years…

Just my luck :'(

+ FORMIK on May 30th, 2012 at 6:02 am said:

On a more “mini” level, I’d really like to hear news about ALL minis working on the Vita by a set time, and the price for ALL minis being no more than $2.99 with many discounted. This would provide an incentive for many Vita owners to check out the great mini games already available, and diversifying their game library.

+ BiezulbubBill69 on May 30th, 2012 at 8:21 am said:

Damn wish I lived in Cali so I could go!!! I live all the way on the east coast in New Jersey haha :(

+ DC_1980 on May 30th, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

Great to hear that we can stream the press conference through our PS3.

+ Canuck4Life on May 30th, 2012 at 8:44 am said:

Really disappointed that it’s 21+, I’m turning 21 in July :S
Hope you do the same thing next year, I would love to go!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 30th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

I blame your parents.

+ dagundam on May 30th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

NOOOOO. for 5 years I’ve been trying to participate in some part of E3… I got my MCAT two weeks after that though… I’m trying to decide which is more important … ;)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 30th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

Does the world *really* need more doctors?

+ Dante989 on May 30th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

Does the conference start at 8:30 ET or 9 ET? i went on and they had the time listed for 6pm PT/9pm ET?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 30th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

Pre-show at 8.30eastern, featuring live demos.

+ vince8502 on May 30th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

I wanna be there….

+ CernaML on May 30th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

Working the night shift on Monday. Heading straight over there right after I get out. Don’t care about traffic or the lack of beauty sleep. I’ve done it before back during the PS blog Meet up in 2010 and I’ll do it again!

+ ZeR0wn3D on May 30th, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

Got a industry exhibit pass but no access to any press events (as it should be), flying in from JFK NY to LAX monday morning

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

well, head straight on down.

+ CernaML on May 30th, 2012 at 11:08 am said:

Oh yeah, I’ll be the guy rocking the Twisted Metal T Shirt. :D

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on May 30th, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

Hey Jeff Rubenstein do you know if we will ever get an IGN app.

+ boxmyth on May 30th, 2012 at 11:23 am said:

Any fancy reason to bring my Vita to E3 besides killing time in lines? Something like show floor digital swag?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

Mostly just killing time and looking cool.

+ DrkrZen on May 31st, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

Will we see a list of what’s going planned to be free for June PS+ subscribers, at E3? Can’t wait to see what’s new, but also more of what I’m already hyped for!

+ Jc__307 on May 31st, 2012 at 12:42 pm said:

I just have one question, What time will the Playstation expo live stream be.

+ krae_man on May 31st, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

@Jeff, that’s why I said make them prove it by having a small window to book flights and Hotels.

+ krae_man on May 31st, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:

Also you gave away some E3 Badges last year didn’t you? That’s what I meant. You could totally offer something for non locals that way. What better way to prove you’re a hardcore Sony fan then springing for a flight and hotel no?

I realize more work would be involved, but I think the payoff would be worth it. How cool would it be to have people from all over US/Canada/world traveling to see you guys.

+ SlashGashTerror1 on May 31st, 2012 at 1:03 pm said:

What Time Does The Live Stream On PS3 Start on June 4th on the East Coast of The U.S.?

+ Tidusfanboy on May 31st, 2012 at 2:55 pm said:

I’m definitely looking forward to this. I think I’m all prepared for what I want so I can lay back on my bed and watch it:

-Ice cream (To make a root beer float!)
-Potato chips

BRING ON THE CONFERENCE, SONY! Haha. Oh many, even though its only a few days away it feels like a decade!

+ NetworkerC on May 31st, 2012 at 2:55 pm said:

So let me get this straight. Anything for a E3 LiveStream on a Vita ISN’T available on an EU Vita? Well there goes having my lunchtimes planned…

On another note. Will both, one or the other, or neither upcoming LittleBigPlanets (Karting or Vita) be covered there or can it not be told yet?

+ krazipanther on May 31st, 2012 at 3:26 pm said:

Don’t suppose you could be good enough to let us know when you get to 200 peeps? Not sure what time I can get out of work and would hate to get on a bus out there and find out I was too late :'(

+ steelydeely on May 31st, 2012 at 3:30 pm said:

pretty pumped up about being able to watch live on PS3 especially since i have DirecTV and they no longer carry G4

+ Hikaru_Kazushime on May 31st, 2012 at 4:24 pm said:

Will we need an E3 pass? Like registration or pass to normal E3 or can anyone show up?

+ Apeman24 on May 31st, 2012 at 4:52 pm said:

Ok Ill create a time machine go three years into the future pull back my 21 year old self and come back to see the show… but that would mean I could ask my self what fantastic games will be shown, and Ill say do not spoil it because it will be a fantastic show. now all I need is 1.21 gigawats and I am good to go.

+ Simeon718 on May 31st, 2012 at 4:58 pm said:

All I hope for is a PS4 announcement and hopefully a price and date before next Christmas with the Last of Us and Quantic Dream’s new title as the launch games on day 1.

+ Jc__307 on May 31st, 2012 at 5:07 pm said:

I live on Eatern time, and I really want to see Playstation All stars Battle royale coverage on teusday. But I’m busy, will you guys keep the live coverage on so that people who miss it still are able to watch it. I’ve been waiting forever for this game to come up, and I don’t want to miss a single reveal or demo of the game. What I wouldn’t give to be there and see E3 Live in person

+ IIIBlackoutIII on May 31st, 2012 at 5:16 pm said:

Wow!! didn’t see this coming thank you Jeff and everyone at Sony Playstation for this once in a lifetime opportunity to attend the conference see you guys there and again THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

+ tommyvercetti389 on May 31st, 2012 at 7:43 pm said:

all i can say is DOOM3 BFG Edition about freaking time playstation gets some doom 3 love

+ tommyvercetti389 on May 31st, 2012 at 7:47 pm said:

awesome i couldn’t watch it last year from ps home cause of my internet provider but i got a new one and it’s kinda faster and a more popular company around my area so hopefully ill be able to watch this year if all else fails ill watch it on spike

+ Xayias on May 31st, 2012 at 10:21 pm said:

Good thing the Press Conference is in the evening! I already planned a trip to Hooters for lunch without knowing E3 starts that day! Guess I will miss Microsoft’s Conference… Oh well! :) Hehe

+ Bcrazyman on June 1st, 2012 at 7:21 am said:

cant wait its going to be awsome to see playstation live!

+ Bcrazyman on June 1st, 2012 at 7:26 am said:

hey jeff do you think think they will be letting us know about things for playstation plus this summer like free games and maybe free games for the ps vita because im getting my vita also do you think that they will also be bringing the price down for the vita and the ames for it thanks!

+ Bcrazyman on June 1st, 2012 at 7:28 am said:

also is there any ps2 games like grand theft auto games coming to the playstation network!

+ Bcrazyman on June 1st, 2012 at 7:32 am said:

also will they be showing us black ops2! and will call of duty be coming to the vita? i need to know thanks!

+ Bcrazyman on June 1st, 2012 at 7:36 am said:

cant wait for the summer games coming to the playstation network im a plus member i need more free games i love my playstation plus+ thanks playstation you made really happy also will playstation be giving games away for free again! i need to know! thanks!

+ CiscoKid_22_ on June 1st, 2012 at 9:58 am said:

Nice…will be able to get home from work, relax and then watch the press conference on my PS3. That and watch the eight hours of Spike TV coverage I recorded that day!

+ Soundless-Abood on June 1st, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

Where can we watch it live ?? and what time??!

+ JEC94 on June 1st, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

Will watch it using the What’s New icon

+ Erty109 on June 1st, 2012 at 11:33 pm said:

Why do u have to be 21?I’m only 11.could i come with my cousin?