Until Dawn

May 29

PlayStation E3 12

PlayStation at E3 2012: Watch Live, Attend the Press Conference

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 29, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

We’re less than a week away from E3 2012! This is what we’re feeling right about now.

First, I’m uber-hyped to share details about our ambitious livestreaming plan. Once again, we’ll be streaming E3 to you live, worldwide, over four jam-packed days. The live E3 broadcast begins this Monday, June 4th at 5:30pm Pacific/8:30pm Eastern with the PlayStation E3 2012 Press Conference, the most exciting (and most Tweeted-about) event on the PlayStation calendar. We’ll then continue the live broadcast through the rest of the week with live gameplay demos for hot upcoming PS3 and PS Vita games — 25 to 30 new game demos in all. We’ll even be snagging your questions from Twitter and posing them to the developers. Make ‘em count!

You’ll find the livestream here on PlayStation.Blog, as well as PlayStation Home, PlayStation.com, Facebook, Google Plus, and Ustream. And, for the first time, you’ll be able to watch E3 live directly on your PS3 — a handy icon will be located under the What’s New section on your XMB. PS Vita’s even getting in on the E3 action, with the new Nico Nico video app supporting a beta feed of our E3 livestream. Technology!

PlayStation Move: PixelJunk Lifelike

If you live in the Los Angeles area, though, we’ve got an even better offer. How would you like to attend the PlayStation E3 2012 Press Conference? I’m holding close to 200 seats at the LA Sports Arena for you — all you have to do is show up (and cheer). It won’t be hard. Deal? Here’s what you need to know.

You’re Invited: PlayStation E3 2012 Press Conference

Date: June 4th, 2012

Time: Get there no later than 3:30pm for check in. We can only admit 200 people max, and it’ll be first come, first served!

Location: Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena
3939 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90037

Self parking will be available for any guests who are driving their personal vehicles. Please enter Parking Lot 5 on MLK Boulevard at Hoover and when you arrive please tell the lot attendant that you are attending the Sony Press Event.

Restrictions: You must be at least 21 years old to attend. We will be checking IDs!

Look for this sign!

blog check in e3

Note that we’ll need you no later than 3:30pm, because you’ll be helping us out with our pre-show festivities. But worry not – we’ll have food and drink to keep you fat and happy.

The weather is looking perfect, the games will be awesome, and I hear we serve the best sliders in town. Hope to see you there!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ mogogogo on June 2nd, 2012 at 6:45 am said:

How can i get an invitation to the E3? (Not for this year)..
or i can just join it without an invitation?.
please, can any one tell me.

+ harley2947 on June 2nd, 2012 at 2:02 pm said:

Willl you guys be showing all the characters for Playstation AllStars Battle Royale? I really hope Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are in the game.

+ Regor91 on June 2nd, 2012 at 11:26 pm said:

I’ll be in California on Wednesday and I’ll be 21 in September. I just barely missed it on both accounts! Mayhaps I’ll get in next year? Save me a seat!

+ Grave13 on June 3rd, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

I’m so ready for E3! I really feel like you guys are gonna blow me away this year!

+ MarkakaJin on June 3rd, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

This year, only the PS Vita have impressed me but not that much. Still not able to play PSone Classics on my Vita. I hope there are more titles for the Vita to choose from. So far, there are no games that interests but a few so far.

+ igorrocks2 on June 3rd, 2012 at 1:51 pm said:

Official site state that there shall not be infants and persons under age of 17 enterance will not be allowed |
Actually E3 managment is crazy with these rules also it’s say that’s not a generel public event /// I will have to argue about that

+ igorrocks2 on June 3rd, 2012 at 1:52 pm said:

Hope next year I will be there

+ igorrocks2 on June 3rd, 2012 at 2:12 pm said:

Actually dude you a bit wrong on this… PlayStation is most mature community in the world with most of the players are above 21 to 30 years on average…You see most of us even have PSOne the dark grey onne from 1998 and it’s still works….

+ iccanabif on June 3rd, 2012 at 3:08 pm said:

awesome, I live a few blocks away, I can get there as early as 8 am….can I check in as early as 8 am? hopefully i get a spot.

+ j0se_tony on June 3rd, 2012 at 5:41 pm said:

I wanna go so bad it hurts….unfortunately my wallet was stolen and I don’t have my license.

+ Fylian on June 3rd, 2012 at 9:17 pm said:

When will the E3 Home space be live and available to visit?

+ farscaper11 on June 3rd, 2012 at 11:08 pm said:

@jeff rubenstein;

Will a backpack be permitted?

+ farscaper11 on June 4th, 2012 at 6:54 pm said:

@jeff rubenstein

well i went stood in line 3 hours, and guess what number i came in…. number 201. I also like to add i feel terrible for the people that did not get in, the line was unsupervised and people were cutting in. Well time to watch on the ps3.

+ j0se_tony on June 4th, 2012 at 7:53 pm said:

I can’t believe the only reason I didn’t go was because some a-hole stole my wallet. I could have a free year of PS+ in my hand right now…

+ Jolt1030 on June 4th, 2012 at 10:21 pm said:

At the end of the stream they said that the people who showed up got 3 day passes for e3 but i was one of the 200 and didnt get a pass, do we show up and tell them that we went to the sony conference D:? if its true ill go crazy lol

+ Ashendark on June 4th, 2012 at 11:34 pm said:

Thanks to all the staffs at the Playstation blog that made this possible I had a blast! I hope you guys do this again next year.

+ CLoverInTheSkieS on June 4th, 2012 at 11:47 pm said:

Dear Playstation Blog,

Thank you guys so much for the 200 open seats for this year’s E3 Sony Press Conference! We had an awesome time waiting, anticipating, and venturing. By any chance, are you guys letting us onto the show floor this year?

Please and Thanks,

+ Xiang_Mao on June 5th, 2012 at 8:50 am said:

Clover, you missed the part where they said that EVERYONE THAT GOT IN THRU PLAYSTATION COMMUNITY WILL GET INTO E3??? Go NOW to the registration at the Convention Center!

+ proud2be on June 5th, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

@Jeff Rubenstein well this year its super choppy. audio is good, but video is terrible. its sad when sonys own stream dont work great on their web browser. maybe ps4 well fix this since i never see any updates fixing this.

+ proud2be on June 5th, 2012 at 2:50 pm said:

I have to ask, so if i didnt buy a pass to go to e3 i could of just went early and got into sonys press conference for free???please let me know if so, im camping out next year for this for sure.

+ Ashendark on June 5th, 2012 at 8:36 pm said:

@Proud2be Yup all you had to do was wait in a line they only allowed 200 of us in. I was lucky enough to get number 197 lol. Free food,alcohol and games what more could you ask for?

I didn’t know we were also allowed to attend E3 until I read the comments on here this morning after that I took off! lol

+ ioanina on May 30th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

Does certain parking spaces have a “Reserved” option? Many who purchase these tickets could wish to have their parking spaces marked “Reserved”.

+ krae_man on May 30th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

Guys, I think it’s really cool you help us gamers get into the press conference and E3. However, It would be double cool if you did it in a way that allowed not just locals to take advantage of your offer.

In the future could you guys do something a few months in advance where you reserve some of the passes you’re giving away for people who would have to fly in?

Do something where you put your name in the hat and if you’re selected you have 7 days purchase your flights/hotel etc and prove you’re committed to going or something.

This is something I would love to be able to take advantage of and I’m sure I’m not the only one who would if given the opportunity.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

It’s just a logistical nightmare to try something like that. I don’t want to hold seats for people who may not end up showing up – I want each and every seat taken. The only way to guarantee that is a first come, first served model.

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on May 30th, 2012 at 12:40 pm said:

Can we see some demos for the games at E3

+ hariel on May 30th, 2012 at 1:27 pm said:

are we going to get the video of the conference and some of the booth video’s on the store this tuesday, or will it not be until next week so there is a chance for all the e3 info? “crosses fingers” really really hoping for at least one demo from the booth making it to the store so those of us who can’t attend get to try out some of the new stuff too.

+ justabe on May 30th, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

@Jeff my man is an ID from Mexico cool? that is the identification i have :/

+ igorkop on May 30th, 2012 at 2:40 pm said:

Will you post a video after the conference of the stream on Blog in case anyone misses it? i forget if you did, i watched it on PSHome last year. what’s the Beta Stream through Vita Nico Nico mean?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:28 pm said:

yes, yes, yes. Beta means that it’s never been tested at this level, so fingers crossed.

+ NASCAR_Rcn8 on May 30th, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

I bet you guys are glad I live wayyyyy awat from LA. I can’t attend and I bet your blog team is cheering. I would put you all on spot with heavy questions and some personal rants. That’s for sure!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:29 pm said:

No you wouldn’t. No one ever does. We’re bigger than you think.

+ NASCAR_Rcn8 on May 30th, 2012 at 2:52 pm said:

I find it funny and is truth to what i expected. All the noobs calling me a troll on here weekly are giving away their age in this blog and it only seals the truth of what I expected. You are teens and kids. You people were playing with GI Joes when I was finishing Highschool and driving everywhere lol. You kids carry no weight to express opinions on trolls or adults on here. You guys are still popping zits and going through hormones like your going through the monthly 24/7 in the blog at anyone expressing opinions on Sony products. Just go play with your dolls while us adults argue. Thank You!

+ luvtoseek on May 30th, 2012 at 2:59 pm said:

Wish I could go; have a great time everybody! Btw, Kaz & Jack are presenting, correct? Those guys ROCK!!!

+ Elvick_ on May 30th, 2012 at 3:01 pm said:

@82: Because being older means you couldn’t possibly be a troll… and what you did there was trolling agism too. You could be 80 years old, that won’t change who you are.

+ luvtoseek on May 30th, 2012 at 3:01 pm said:

@79, is it a University/College ID or driver’s card? Then you should be fine. A passport is also valid.

+ THE-KZA on May 30th, 2012 at 3:08 pm said:

There won’t be a “list” like what happened 2 years ago right? haha

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:30 pm said:

there’s no list. if someone tries to make you sign a list, ignore them. first come, first served. if you’re not in line when we come by to register people, you’re not getting in.

+ LilBru on May 30th, 2012 at 3:32 pm said:

I wish I can watch it on G4TV/SpikeTV with CC (Closed Captioning) for the deaf and hearing impaired but I won’t be home to watch it. I wish I can watch it live on UStream or wherever it streams from but I just can’t because no streaming site will feature CC for us and its very frustrating and disappointing.. -_- .. So, I might probably miss it. I can’t record it on DVR because my grandma uses it to watch her favorite programs and its full. This is the 21st Century, how long must I continue to wait for CC to be provided by SONY using UStream and videos on its PSN? Its so frustrating and it feels like SONY doesn’t care, no matter how many times I try to give them feedback, suggestion or share an idea, SONY just doesn’t seem to care.. -_- .. Yes, I am deaf/hearing impaired and so are my other friends. I always try to convince them to buy a PS3 but to save my breath, I want them to watch E3 Press Conference so it could get their attention. I just hope someday SONY will provide for its fans.

+ the_original_se on May 30th, 2012 at 4:20 pm said:

Awesome! Was waiting to see if you guys would offer access to E3 again this year. I scooped up one of the E3 passes you guys gave away last year, hope i can get into the conference this year.
And why is it 21 or older? Is there booze at the conference?!

+ InternatlGamer1 on May 30th, 2012 at 4:29 pm said:

I want to know about more details on Square-Enix’s “FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII”. I want to see gameplay on the last of Us, Dragon’s Crown, Uncharted 3 GOTY Edition, and more. Please could you get Tetsuya Nomura to show up and showcase “Final Fantasy Versus XIII” running on PS3 hardware. I’d be so happy In fact i bought a 60 GB PS3 back in July 2007 cause I wanted this game.

+ InternatlGamer1 on May 30th, 2012 at 4:31 pm said:

How about there be an announcement on FFVII remake for PS3/PS VITA. SONY your PS3 just gets better, and in fact its obtaining some serious ground breaking J-RPG’s like FF Versus XIII, Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch, The Witch and the Hundred Knights, and more. Also when is THE LAST GUARDIAN going to be announced for release I have a large number of friends who want this game as do I.

+ Idealty on May 30th, 2012 at 4:40 pm said:

Hey Jeff. I already have an E3 industry badge and will be attending exhibition halls throughout the week. I would love to attend the PS conference as this is my first time at E3 and I am a playstation fan. Is my only opportunity to attend the conference live to be within the 200 guests or can I attend with my Industry credentials?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

This is your only chance.

+ welcometothesuc on May 30th, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

Can’t wait to be there to try and be one of the 200! Will be coming from Camp Pendleton, look for the Marine with the nice hair cut! Thank you very much for offering all of this to the consumers Jeff, we appreciate it! (Played PS3 and my PSP in Afghanistan, really helped out with stress!)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:32 pm said:

Nice! Drive safe.

+ holy-mob on May 30th, 2012 at 6:26 pm said:

I’m so torn about this. On one hand, I would love to be at the Sports Arena to see the conference live. On the other, I have been looking forward to streaming the conference and chatting with all of my friends about it on Steam.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:32 pm said:

bring a laptop and do both!

+ jose213jose on May 30th, 2012 at 8:14 pm said:

Awesome, You’ll find me at E3 this year with 6 arms. :)

+ Isarai on May 30th, 2012 at 10:30 pm said:

YEAH!!! first time i can watch this live in a while. lines up perfectly during my break :)

+ American_Cheese4 on May 30th, 2012 at 11:19 pm said:

Will you be showing ”The Last Of Us”? and possibly a new system? If so im getting both!

+ KinnyoX on May 31st, 2012 at 6:51 am said:

I’m old enough to get in the conference.. but i’m far away :(
will i be able to watch the live stream from home?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 31st, 2012 at 12:32 pm said:

please read the post.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on May 31st, 2012 at 7:12 am said:

I will be there next year as a contender in the new game company sector. The games I have thought up and will have ready next year will help to include disabled gamers and sight impaired gamers. i look forward to it. I figure the only way Im getting in is either 1. start my own gaming company or 2. start my own media company specifically for gaming. although 3. is that i will just go after making millions with a product i have releasing later this year in the food industry. (need to market it to gamers with in game adverts and e3 will be the best place to Kick it off.)

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on May 31st, 2012 at 7:14 am said:

im waiting to see the redesigned move controllers.

+ Brian_Pinky on May 31st, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

Could you please fix the live show countdown at http://us.playstation.com/e3-2012/ ?

It uses the local clock time instead of a server based time and it does not properly reflect time zones.

For me the countdown in 9 hours off.

+ saab01 on May 31st, 2012 at 7:55 am said:

Where is the PS Plus June Preview ?????

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar