PS4-The Order

Resistance: Burning Skies Hits PS Vita Today, Watch the Launch Trailer

Derek Osgood's Avatar + Posted by Derek Osgood on May 29, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Read an update concerning Resistance: Burning Skies multiplayer matches and lobby system here.

The wait is over! Resistance: Burning Skies hits store shelves and PSN today, ushering in a new era of portable first-person shooters. Dual-analog control isn’t the only thing going for Resistance: Burning Skies though. In addition to the multiplayer features and weapon functionality we’ve introduced over the last few months, Resistance: Burning Skies brings a new hero into the war between man and the Chimera – and Tom Riley’s story is one you won’t want to miss. Take a peek at the debut of our Resistance: Burning Skies launch trailer!

Resistance: Burning Skies for PS Vita

This isn’t all we have to share with you today though. You’ll remember back in April when we talked about Resistance: Burning Skies’ multiplayer modes we mentioned that through “near,” Resistance: Burning Skies introduces a new social perk which rewards players with XP multipliers that you can carry into multiplayer battle. Today we’re going to shed a little more light on exactly what that means.

So, as you play through the multiplayer experience in Resistance: Burning Skies, there’s a chance that you will become “infected” with a form of the Chimera virus. Although being infected with the Chimera virus didn’t end too well for Nathan Hale, these particular strains of the Chimera virus actually give you a bonus to your in-game XP multiplier. That means that you can have double and in some cases up to triple XP for a limited amount of time to gain levels and to unlock upgrades more quickly.

Resistance: Burning Skies for PS VitaResistance: Burning Skies for PS Vita

The really interesting part is that once you’re infected, through “near” you can spread the virus to your friends or drop it off as a gift to a fellow PS Vita player. Conversely you can also pick up the virus that’s been left behind by other Resistance players via “near.”

If you’re a shooter fan and enjoy portable gaming, get out there and pick up Resistance: Burning Skies today and join the fight against the Chimera on PS Vita!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ remanutd5 on May 30th, 2012 at 5:52 am said:

i dont know what those so call game reviewers were smoking, this game is totally great!!!! i love it, its the first time i have played a proper fps game on a handheld, the controls are really good specially when you turn off the look acceleration, this is my favorite psvita game so far, hey playstation fans if you guys are on the fence about this game just go to the community and see what other psvita players are saying about it, i’d rather trust a fellow psn player than those so called game reviewers lol. i’d score this game no lower than 8.

+ MaGee911 on May 30th, 2012 at 6:43 am said:

This is my first true online experience with sony. I guess you get what you pay for, pay nothing get nothing. I was really hoping the Vita would shine, I am worried that they are gonna bury it in mistakes.

+ MaGee911 on May 30th, 2012 at 6:47 am said:

Sony, you hav an amazing piece of hardware. Please do something right to support the people that shelled out a large chunk of cash to buy it, these half finished games are not cutting it.

+ monkey666cash on May 30th, 2012 at 8:52 am said:

i beat the game in 5 hr 100% trophies you should of put more multiplayer trophies but can’t play mp tell
you fix it hope it won’t take a forever but the game is awesome other then the mp server

+ monkey666cash on May 30th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

when will the server be up and stay up for resistance

+ massimodo on May 30th, 2012 at 2:43 pm said:

An update on the multiplayer.

“For those of you trying to connect online to Resistance: Burning Skies for multiplayer matches and experiencing problems, we apologize for the inconvenience. We recently discovered a bug in the multiplayer lobby, and are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue. We expect it to be resolved in the near future, and will continue to keep you updated. Thank you for your patience, and again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.”

MP that doesn’t work, screwing early adopters for an extra $4 by posting an incorrect digital download price and then NOT refunding the difference to these loyal early adopters. Wow! Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

And to add insult to injury, all Nihilistic seemed interested in yesterday on Twitter was referencing the few good reviews the game has received instead of fixing the problems here. No way would I give these guys my business.

+ LoserEric on May 30th, 2012 at 5:40 pm said:

Can you imagine how livid I am that I bought this game at 10 am yesterday morning and haven’t been able to play a single multiplayer match after hundreds of tries? Can you understand how I feel like you stole $40 right out of my pocket? Is Nihilistic on vacation or something? They won’t respond to emails, phone calls, facebook posts and messages, and can’t even give us an ETA of a fix. I have been so hyped up about this game for months, and all I have is a $40 (cost to me, now it’s worthless) piece of plastic.
Sincerely,
Loyal Playstation Consumer

+ jojofosho21 on May 30th, 2012 at 6:39 pm said:

Yea overall handheld systems seem to get shafted quite often, then they wonder why sales are so horrible.

+ joaoleixoes on May 31st, 2012 at 2:38 am said:

Hey, i bought Resistance: Burning Skies for PS Vita, and i like the game very much im impressed but i think the graphics aren’t the best the PS Vita can handle but i cant judge the games for the graphics only because i like the gameplay.

But think multiplayer has a bug, because i try to play a game mode but it doesn’t work.
I hope they can fix the multiplayer cause im a FPS fan and multiplayer fan too xP.

+ joaoleixoes on May 31st, 2012 at 2:55 am said:

@remanutd5

You’re right i’ve bought the game too and i like very much … and i saw reviews that was saying resistance for psvita sucked…
I bet they don’t even bought the game.

+ Jiri on May 31st, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

I can’t believe there are people on here commenting (negatively) on a game they haven’t played not even the demo. I believe the the reviews are a bit harsh, to me this game is a solid 7. Sure it’s a bit short and there are some match making issues with the multiplayer but the bottom line is the game is FUN. When I actualy got connected in multiplayer I had a blast, the action is fast and runs great. Guys keep in mind it’s on a hand held! Is it a console quality FPS? No, but it’s a solid portable FPS. Kudos on a first attempt, I like the game and I love my Vita!

+ joaoleixoes on May 31st, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

@Jiri
If you can’t play any multiplayer game, you’re not the only one but sony is making a patch i think,and the game will work perfectly :).

+ MaGee911 on May 31st, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

Man, got charged an extra 5 bucks that sony won’t refund for a game I can’t even play online, the only reason I bought the stupid game. Sony, next time you are gonna bend me over use some vasoline please.

+ juggrnaut03xx on May 31st, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

how long will it be till the multi player problem is resolved

+ jojofosho21 on May 31st, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

Still no multiplayer fix…..blllaaaaah

+ jojofosho21 on May 31st, 2012 at 1:54 pm said:

What if they never fix it and the mp just stays broken….then what?

+ MaGee911 on May 31st, 2012 at 2:40 pm said:

Wow, three days and they still could not get the patch right. still no small regular deathmatch rooms working.

+ jojofosho21 on May 31st, 2012 at 2:51 pm said:

AAAah it’s fixed, REJOICE!!! lol

+ jojofosho21 on May 31st, 2012 at 3:26 pm said:

Well I wouldn’t say it is FIXED…I can get into games now, but so far it has froze every time during an online match. The game itself is not frozen though if you wait till the match ends it will take you to the lobby , but my screen freezes and I have no sound so basically it is frozen until the match ends or you exit the game….

+ MaGee911 on May 31st, 2012 at 3:34 pm said:

Check your other games on your memory card, the update corrupted all my saves and I can’t even get resistance to work. I want a damn refund this is BS!!!!

+ jojofosho21 on May 31st, 2012 at 3:36 pm said:

Alos the game takes FOREVER to start up after the patch, I would recommend not downloading the patch and wait for the next one and see how that goes…pretty sad start haha

+ jojofosho21 on May 31st, 2012 at 4:12 pm said:

@MaGee911 Dang that sucks man. All of my other game saves seem to be fine but i can’t even get into a match anymore, the room fills up and then the lobby just closes after a minute or less….

+ jojofosho21 on May 31st, 2012 at 4:27 pm said:

Quick fix for slow start up: Start the game in Airplane mode

+ SearCam01 on May 31st, 2012 at 5:57 pm said:

Just wanted to say that after the patch everything works perfect except for the lag after every match. Everything else is perfect. Thank You Nihilistic! Fix the other lag but no rush. I will see you all on. Peace!

+ RETRO_____BLAST on May 31st, 2012 at 6:55 pm said:

I am really enjoying the game and am not dissapointed at all. I did not buy it for multiplayer action but may try that when its all working smoothly. Those that are in fear after reading the reviews, I urge you to try out the demo and see what you think. I think it is a great first effort and enjoy it more than Unit 13 … as time goes on and developers learn the ins and outs of the Vita, we can expect even better offerings. It is basically a scaled down version of a PS3 Resistance game and to me, it is much better than the Resistance game offered on the PSP. I use the CTA PS Vita Hand Grips, so I had zero problems with any of the controls, I like the visual style in the cut scenes, I never care too much about music in games, and in game graphics are good as well. Its easier than, its shorter than, and less intense than a PS3 Resistance game but its a great first effort and shows promise for the future.

+ Vik7u on May 31st, 2012 at 11:40 pm said:

hey i love burning skies, finally got to try multiplayer today i have been waiting since Tuesday for it to work. i have one suggestion that would make this experience even better: make up on the d-pad melee. i find that it is too hard to tap the screen in the right spot in the heat of battle. sprint was mapped to down on the d-pad so i don’t see any reason up cant be used this way.

PLEASE PLEASE make this an option in the next update!!

+ Freddy101 on June 4th, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

Love the Single Player and i would love to say this game does not deserve the poor reviews. but considering ive had this game for over a week and never been able to play one round online im VERY disappointed. I love my Vita, But the Constant Connection Issues online with basically every game (MK and Wipeout excluded) have become enough. and Considering as i am one of the Many Canadians who cant even get NEAR to work as well. Time to Sort it out!

+ neto2552 on June 4th, 2012 at 9:53 pm said:

This game have a big problem in mexico, the online pass code is from US, i call sony and they say that is problem from the devs, i wan´t my money back if you don´t fix this problem in this week, or we don´t receive any answer from you, you can see the latinoamerica forums and see how many people have this issue, this game is terrible in single player, i play 5 minutes in campaign and i get bored, sorry if i sound bad, but I’m really upset.

PAGE 1 2 3 4