Bloodborne

PlayStation Blogcast 027: E3 2012 Preview Show Extravaganza

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on May 31, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

E3 2012 is only days away and the pressure is on! Today we’re joined by special guest Gary Steinman, editor-in-chief of Games Radar and noted E3 judge, who lays out a compelling case for his most-anticipated games of the show. His list is voluminous and thought-provoking, spanning a wide array of games: Assassin’s Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Devil May Cry, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Ni No Kuni, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and many more. Given that today’s episode is focused squarely on upcoming E3 games, this is one podcast you won’t want to miss if you’re counting down the seconds to the big show.

Of course, we also share first details on PSN’s new game lineup for next Tuesday, June 5th, answer new user questions and share new user tips.

What E3 game are you most looking forward to?

Stuff We Talked About

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanJeff Rubenstein

Official PlayStation.Blogcast: Rey GutierrezGary Steinman

The Cast

• Sid Shuman – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Jeff Rubenstein – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Manager
  • Rey Gutierrez – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Gary SteinmanGames Radar Editor-in-Chief
  • [Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game
    details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating
    descriptions.]

+ Ejsponge61 on May 31st, 2012 at 7:12 pm said:

Thanks for the Blogcast & good luck at E3!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 31st, 2012 at 8:36 pm said:

Thanks! I’m exhausted already ;)

+ AriesWarlock on May 31st, 2012 at 7:25 pm said:

Some Heavenly Sword 2 news, come on!

+ StealthReborn– on May 31st, 2012 at 7:26 pm said:

I’m looking forward to seeing more God of War Ascension footage as well as seeing some gameplay of The Last of Us.

Remember to wear sunscreen this time Jeff! =)

+ camiwaits_us on May 31st, 2012 at 7:29 pm said:

You guys better get a Retro City Rampage release date at E3 or we’ll be having trouble.

+ trapper12 on May 31st, 2012 at 7:30 pm said:

Can’t wait to listen to the Blogcast. Is the stream gonna run smooth on Monday here on the Blog because I might watch it on my laptop this year.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 31st, 2012 at 8:37 pm said:

Fingers crossed!!

+ alok893 on May 31st, 2012 at 7:34 pm said:

I’m looking forward to Dishonored.Man this game is created by the Harvey Smith who created the original Deus Ex game.Deus ex human revolution was my fav game of 2011.This game has the same game design as Deus Ex.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 31st, 2012 at 8:37 pm said:

Super stoked on that one, too.

+ perrandy on May 31st, 2012 at 7:36 pm said:

i’m already on the hype train for E 3,shoo shoo shoo XD

+ saab01 on May 31st, 2012 at 7:56 pm said:

Where is the Plus June preview this is disappointing. The way I see it we will not hear whats coming to Plus till E3 we should always have a heads up of at least a week of new content coming to Plus.

+ SLICK_T on May 31st, 2012 at 8:10 pm said:

Lightbox made a pretty good update to the online mode in starhawk today. Its a little better to ward off those spawn campers now lol. The outpost only cost 4 riff energy instead of the 8 it was before so now we can at least spawn more places to fight the spawn campers in tanks lol. The tanks are weaker now and thats a plus to and on top of that it will cost 4 riff energy to respawn a tank instead of 2 like it was before. It still cost 10 riff energy to build a tank. I think they should make that 12 riff energy and 6 to repawn it but thats me. That would really slow them spawn campers down if it cost 12 max energy to build a tank and half that to repawn another one from the station.

+ S-L-I-C-K-T on May 31st, 2012 at 8:15 pm said:

+ S-L-I-C-K-T on May 31st, 2012 at 8:21 pm said:

Oh and I was talking about Starhawk above lol, sorry! More updates are coming as well tomorrow to. Just a stability update for online but hey at least its better than nothing lol. Most of those online adjustments were todays update. On starhawk who in here has the platinum or is close to it like I am? All I have left is 100 Zone wins and those 50 wins in the coop mode and I’ll have platinum on Starhawk on my main SLICK _ T account.

+ massimodo on May 31st, 2012 at 8:40 pm said:

Hey, slick, who cares about you and starhawk. Is this a starhawk blog post? No, so zip it and move on.

+ S-L-I-C-K-T on May 31st, 2012 at 8:42 pm said:

@ massimodo, who cares what you have to say little man. I about had enough of you and about to get you banned. Its called using over 30 accounts and the internet to get ya banned off psn for a while. So you best steer clear from me. I already got 5 people banned already. SO TEST ME LITTLE MAN!

+ jeffsmither on May 31st, 2012 at 8:43 pm said:

2 things.
    1. Where is the PS+ update for June you said will be out Wed?
    2. Do you think they will make minis just for Vita (maybe call them Mini Vs)?

+ S-L-I-C-K-T on May 31st, 2012 at 8:51 pm said:

I swear Massimodo you never can keep to yourself on here can you? Who cares that you don’t care what I say in the blogs. If you don’t like it then ignore it and I’ll ignore your dumb A*s but if you want to troll hate me then I can throw it right back brotha. So butt OUT and mind your own business and I’ll mind mine when it comes to your attack post. IDIOT!

+ massimodo on May 31st, 2012 at 8:52 pm said:

Go for it, slick. You’re just a bag of hot air.

+ MiiAmigo on May 31st, 2012 at 8:54 pm said:

Last week’s blogcast I complained about Guacamelee maybe not making it to PSN. But now I just want to say thanks to you guys and Sony for making it exclusive to both PS3 and PSVita. I will be getting both versions to get my adventure on at home and on the go. GRACIAS!!!

+ S-L-I-C-K-T on May 31st, 2012 at 8:54 pm said:

Last time I checked I wasn’t a bag of hot air I was human with no bags anywhere near me LOL.

+ massimodo on May 31st, 2012 at 9:01 pm said:

Onto the blogcast. Good job guys, I really enjoyed Gary Steinman’s impressions on some of these upcoming games. Excited for E3 and some bomba announcements.

+ S-L-I-C-K-T on May 31st, 2012 at 9:13 pm said:

I hope they announce a price drop and bundle for vita that has games and a memory stick included all for 300 bucks at E3!

+ S-L-I-C-K-T on May 31st, 2012 at 9:19 pm said:

+ XFRod on May 31st, 2012 at 9:23 pm said:

Looking forward to the first E3 since the Vita launch. Hoping there’s some good support with new games, info about PS1 support, etc. etc. Oh, a Hulu+ app would be nice, too. :)

+ massimodo on May 31st, 2012 at 9:31 pm said:

Hey, slick didn’t you say the following?

“Also I have over 100 Apps and half of those are full games and I payed nothing for them. Games with quality close to vita graphics and sometimes even clearer and better than vita graphics. A ipod can do pretty much anything a vita can do but better on a smaller screen at that.”

I don’t know, slick, seems to me you’re ipod has got you covered. Why do you want a vita for?

+ massimodo on May 31st, 2012 at 9:43 pm said:

Are there going to be any special blogcasts next week, or are you guys going to forget about next week with all the E3 stuff going on.

+ S-L-I-C-K-T on May 31st, 2012 at 10:13 pm said:

@ massimodo it does have me covered but not for the joysticks. I still hate touch screen even though Vita is a little touch screen but I have to have those joysticks for true hardcore gaming. Now only if I could get a vita without screen defects I’d be good. Just heard youtube is coming to vita soon so that rant is over and now were talking potential for that thing man. Now were talking sony and Youtube app is a start. If it lets you post the vita videos you make from vita straight to youtube we will be talking even better even though that vita camera is crap compared to my ipod HD one.

+ massimodo on May 31st, 2012 at 10:53 pm said:

“Bring a vita version gt5 and nascar 2011 to vita and I’ll run through the walmart glass doors to get a vita after E3 in a heart beat lol.”

Slick, I got some bad news for you, EA no longer has the rights to NASCAR, they belong to Polyphony Digital. So, you won’t be seeing any NASCAR game from EA. And GT on the vita, forget about it, unless you want to wait 3 or 4 years. The psp launched in March 2005 and Gran Turismo was one of the games they said was coming soon. Yeah, soon as in October 2009.

The vita’s not for you, stick with your ipod.

+ DarkOne_PR on June 1st, 2012 at 3:07 am said:

LEAVE SURPRISES FOR E3!!!

BTW FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHOW and give release date of FFVS13 already! 6 Years almost 7 in the making?! that’s ridiculous! I have high hopes for this ps3 exclusive! FF13 got mediocre after going with the crappy 360.

+ Carl-G on June 1st, 2012 at 3:13 am said:

PLEASE do a $199 or under PS3 in the US SONY? ? ? That is the only way you might have a chance of outselling the Xbox 360 in the US monthly. Come on DO IT NOW!;)

+ TwinDad on June 1st, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

I like the Stuff we talk about highlights. I will still listen but it helps to know in case their might be a spoiler talk.

You had mentioned trying to BlogCast from E3. Any news on what you have planned?

+ Elvick_ on June 1st, 2012 at 8:50 pm said:

Please stop calling games also on PC “PlayStation exclusive” because they aren’t. Drives me up the wall. If it’s on PC and that P doesn’t stand for PlayStation it’s not an exclusive to PlayStation (3/Vita). PlayStation has enough *real* exclusives that it doesn’t need to pretend the PC doesn’t exist to get some “more exclusives”. /pet peeve

+ ACtripxl on June 2nd, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

It’s pronounced (U-Be-Soft) not (Ooh-Be-Soft), I’m gonna keep posting this until you guys say it right. :)

+ chrispen8 on June 2nd, 2012 at 10:08 pm said:

Here’s what I want to see from the conference.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Announcement and KH HD Collection
    The Last of Us
    The Last Guardian
    Shadow of the Colossus 2 (I know there can’t be a sequel…):)
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII
    OnLive integration with PS3
    Agent
    PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale Third Party Announcements (Sora, Spyro or Lightning on All Stars?)
    Kevin Butler as character or announcer for Battle Royale
    Beyond Good and Evil 2
    Killzone 4
    Gameplay of Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault
    inFAMOUS spinoff for Vita set between the first and second. Co-op based game play.
    Kevin Butler speech for PlayStation 4