PS4-The Order

PlayStation Plus E3 2012 – June Update: Your Instant Game Collection Is Here

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jun 05, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Starting with today’s PlayStation Store update, PlayStation Plus will deliver an instant game collection to all members!

blogheader_infamous2_150_060512

Starting with 12 blockbuster titles worth over $260 – including inFAMOUS 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Saints Row 2, Just Cause 2, and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine – PlayStation Plus members will now have a library of games to play in addition to exclusive features like online game saves, automatic updates, priority access to betas, and the best discounts on games, DLC, and other content on the PlayStation Store – all for less than $5 a month. New games will be introduced all the time, so you’ll never run out of awesome titles to play!

blogheader_lbp2_150_060512

Purchase PlayStation Plus in the PlayStation Store on your PS3, or purchase online and get a redeemable voucher code instantly. Click HERE to join PlayStation Plus today!

Below is the full list of games that will be available free to all PlayStation Plus members beginning today. Let us know your thoughts on the PlayStation Plus powered instant game collection in the comments below as we’ll be continuing to listen to your thoughts on the best value in gaming! As always, it’s only going to get better.

blogplus_060512 copy

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your membership today!

Free Games: Virtua Fighter 5 – June 5th
inFAMOUS 2 – June 5th
Little Big Planet 2 – June 5th
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One – June 5th
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine – June 5th
Just Cause 2 – June 5th
Saints Row 2 – June 5th
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – June 5th
Hard Corp: Uprising – June 5th
Choplifter HD – June 5th
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone – June 5th
Sideway NY – June 5th

PAGE 1 2 3 14

+ Jack-Bauer-89 on June 5th, 2012 at 5:44 am said:

Holy free games Batman! I hope the EU PS+ update is as good as this!

+ Rallerj on June 5th, 2012 at 5:46 am said:

Hey is this only US or do is come to the EU

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 5th, 2012 at 7:48 am said:

EU has a different list of games, but the philosophy of more free games is the same.

+ bigdaddyxx on June 5th, 2012 at 5:47 am said:

you know i just bought just cause 2 yesterday morning , now i feel like an @xx

+ Hiphopopotomus on June 5th, 2012 at 5:48 am said:

Wicked!!!! I know what I’m doing went I get home from the office tongiht :D

+ miva2 on June 5th, 2012 at 5:48 am said:

12 full games for free? For as long as the PS+ subscription lasts?
Awesome!
I too hope the EU PS+ update will be as nice!

This is a brilliant incentive for those who don’t have a ps3 yet to buy one!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Matthew Harper on June 5th, 2012 at 2:21 pm said:

Yep – once you download these games they are free for as long as you are a member. And we’re going to rotate new games in regularly as well!

+ Hiphopopotomus on June 5th, 2012 at 5:48 am said:

when*

+ ModernYorkster on June 5th, 2012 at 5:49 am said:

Is this the whole Pluse update for the month? Will there be Plus discounts, avatars, and minis?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 5th, 2012 at 7:49 am said:

Yeah there’s more in Plus this month including discounts and more. But for this post, we really wanted to focus everything on the instant games collection unveiling. This is a giant jump in Plus value, and we didn’t want to get that message lost.

+ Link01 on June 5th, 2012 at 5:50 am said:

As amazing this is (I seriously wanted R&C but would not buy it), I do have one minor picky question. I read that EU Playstation Plus members are getting Motorstorm Apocalypse. Would this carry over to the US at any point? I already own Infamous 2 and LBP2 * sigh* and I would love Motorstorm.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 5th, 2012 at 7:50 am said:

new games will be coming in all the time, so while I don’t have info on when (or if) Motorstorm would be coming to US Plus, I wouldn’t rule it out.

+ Katriona on June 5th, 2012 at 5:50 am said:

My goodness!

I need a bigger hard drive!

+ stlthriot on June 5th, 2012 at 5:51 am said:

WOW!!! This is pretty awesome!
I already own most of these games but this is definitely a great start!! Very impressed! :D

btw, I love Just Cause 2… sure hope we see JC3 soon!!

+ KorupTxx on June 5th, 2012 at 5:52 am said:

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD, Renegade Ops, Chime Super Deluxe, Outland and Darksiders. Plus Infamous 2, LBP 2 is what europes getting

+ Rytteren on June 5th, 2012 at 5:54 am said:

oooooooold games….

+ Firepowerr on June 5th, 2012 at 5:54 am said:

I am deleting games as we speak.

Love you Sony.

-Just another dumbfounded Sony fanboy, who is still wondering when this free game overload will come to Vita. ;)

+ rjejr on June 5th, 2012 at 5:55 am said:

Wow, really going to need a much bigger HDD now. You guys should put a “how to” guide front and center on the site ;-)

So, how long will these be available to DL and are the rules still the same – play them as long as you are a member? Delete them and DL them again later? I’m going to have to delete InFamous to DL InFamous 2, hope I can get that back later if I want.

You should have mention R&C:A4O at E3 yesterday, I think that’s the “newest’ game here, plus it’s multiplayer so it has a lot of “just for fun” replay value.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 12th, 2012 at 2:50 pm said:

All the normal Plus rules are the same as ever. You can access these as long as you are a Plus subscriber. And yes you can delete them and download later.

+ KorupTxx on June 5th, 2012 at 5:56 am said:

Plus Motor storm: Apocalypse

+ Link01 on June 5th, 2012 at 5:56 am said:

Arrrrrg.. EU people also get Odd World HD for free :(. Is there any chance of Odd World and Motorstorm coming over here?

+ suprnova32 on June 5th, 2012 at 5:56 am said:

Why!! I just bought inFAMOUS 2 like three days ago and now I can get it for free?!!! Why do you do this to me!! This offer is AMAZING though. I just wished I waited a few days before I decided to get inFAMOUS 2 on the Ultimate Deals. I feel so dumb right now…. :(

+ Dragonzblaze on June 5th, 2012 at 5:56 am said:

omg ps plus keeps getting better ps3 4 eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ msmont on June 5th, 2012 at 5:57 am said:

Why did you heavily promote the Ultimate deals last week with Just Cause 2 and Infamous 2 as great deals last week…then turn around and give those games away for free this week? Feel like I just got burned for 40 bucks.

+ remanutd5 on June 5th, 2012 at 5:58 am said:

this is great if you are a ps3 owner, how about Little Deviants, ModNation Racers Road Trip, Wipeout 2048, Unit 13 or even the great Resistance Burning Skies? In other words where is ps plus psvita support? why are you guys treating the system with indifference? where are the new unique exclusive games we were supposed to see at the press conference? as i said before this is great if you are ps3 only owner but i own and love both systems and i want you guys to treat them equally, heck as a matter of fact i want you to concentrate more on the vita than the ps3 because ps4 is coming next year. how i know ps4 is coming next? simple theres a new God of War game coming to ps3 (if you know what i mean).

+ RandomReduX on June 5th, 2012 at 5:59 am said:

Cool, free games, and all I have to do is pay a monthly fee for them. Wait a minute…

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on June 5th, 2012 at 5:59 am said:

Holy crap, I seriously don’t have enough time to play all these! I thought PS+ was a good deal already, but this is infinitely better. I can’t wait to see what PS3 (and Vita!!!) games are available for free in the future!

+ johnnyp70 on June 5th, 2012 at 5:59 am said:

#3 I am with you on this. I bought it last week and didn’t have the chance to play yet. #19 I am guessing the only benefit we got from buying last week is the “Ultimate” part of it with all DLC, but with I2 that isn’t much.

+ proskatercam on June 5th, 2012 at 6:00 am said:

Dang. Thought he said we were getting Saints Row 3. Was pretty excited, but seeing this, is lackluster. LittleBigPlanet 2 was great, Infamous 2 was solid, R&C A4O was a let down from previous titles (hoping the new one is much better). Oh and priority access to betas? What about the LittleBigPlanet Vita Beta? Eh, either way, hope the amount of content we get continues and doesn’t just come to a halt after the month is over, like it tends to do.

+ shinjix2 on June 5th, 2012 at 6:00 am said:

TOTAL JOYGASIM!!

Thanks Sony!

Will there be any more announcements in the near future concerning PS Plus and the Vita by any chance?

Keep up the awesome job!

+ Nando_lavras on June 5th, 2012 at 6:02 am said:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! AWESOOOOOMMMMEEEE…. Starting download tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! :D

+ nobodies-hero on June 5th, 2012 at 6:02 am said:

WEll I mean thats cool. But really disappointing move putting these games on sale the week before. I just dumped money on Infamous2. Its like you punishing the loyal playstation plus subscribers who spend money on psn and rewarding people who buy plus and dont spend the money. I don’t know just feels like a slap in the face. Anyone else?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 5th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

That’s valid feedback, we’ll look into this to ensure there’s a better coordination between any full game sales that come to the Store, and then their possible subsequent inclusion in Plus.

On the bright side, you do own the game, regardless of whether you’re a Plus member or not, but I do feel your pain here. Important feedback and we’ll keep a closer eye on this.

+ matcarfer on June 5th, 2012 at 6:02 am said:

I never complain about plus (and Im a member since the begining) but this time I feel cheated.

Why did you offer a Infamous 2 and Just Cause 2 with a discount for Plus members only to give it away a WEEK after. I want a refund.

Also, my Vita is getting dust. When will Plus members get ANY benefit for the Vita?

+ Hogwild333 on June 5th, 2012 at 6:03 am said:

@19 – The Ultimate editions have all the DLC and I assume we are only getting the game with no DLC for free.

Sony didn’t have to add anything to PS Plus to convince me to keep renewing it, but this sounds like it will be a good feature for me to convince my friends to sign up. Can you clarify whether these games and the ones you add down the road will still be available for free if someone signs up for PS+ several months from now? Current PS+ content needs to be grabbed the month it is offered, so I just want clarification on how this works. Thanks!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 5th, 2012 at 7:54 am said:

If a game rotates out from Plus and then someone joins later, then they won’t be able to grab those games, but they’ll have access to the Plus games that are currently in the collection. Basically, it works the same as before, just here’s a ton more game in the service now.

+ KorupTxx on June 5th, 2012 at 6:04 am said:

I sure love having eu and us ps plus. So I get 18 free games!

+ Ussop_the_Great on June 5th, 2012 at 6:05 am said:

Lol yay more free stuff ha and about the ultimate deals it’s still good because you get alot of dlc which will probably add up to the amount you paid for it anyways so doesn’t really make a difference.

+ Etienne66 on June 5th, 2012 at 6:06 am said:

I was just thinking about buying Little Big Planet 2 ;-)

I already have inFAMOUS 2 and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, but I see at least a couple more I’ll probably try out now.

Thanks,
Sony

+ MARLLOW-X on June 5th, 2012 at 6:06 am said:

I just downloaded Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition 2 three days ago. WTF?

+ remanutd5 on June 5th, 2012 at 6:06 am said:

oh and time for me to get Ratchet and Clank All 4 One and why the Europeans get Motorstorm Apocalypse and we dont? add the great Motorstorm Apocalypse in there please, i was thinking about buying my little nephew a 32 gb memory card for his vita but you guys disappointed me yesterday so i think i will give him a year ps plus membership

+ Vortuminius on June 5th, 2012 at 6:07 am said:

Holy. Sh*t.

I’m investing in a new HDD.

+ buffpotato on June 5th, 2012 at 6:08 am said:

Will we no longer get free PS1 games and minis? I really liked that because it gave me something to put on my PSP as well. Personally I don’t really want more PS3 full games from this service…If I want something that’s out on disc I usually get it on disc. I liked getting random PSN games I’ve never heard of and PS1 titles since I never had a PS1. Gives me something new I’ve never heard of rather than something I have and have avoided for whatever reason.

+ steamone06 on June 5th, 2012 at 6:08 am said:

this is big real big even tho i just brought imfamous 2 and just cause 2 i always wanted lbp2 good job sony cant wait for that youtube app and can u guys work on a instagram app plz

+ remanutd5 on June 5th, 2012 at 6:08 am said:

how about adding Sorcery to that list?

+ supvic on June 5th, 2012 at 6:09 am said:

Are these games free for LIFE, or are they only valid for the length of your subscription? I only got LBP1 and Stacking free with my 1 year membership, everything else expired. Please tell me SOME of these games will be ours to keep and not simply rented.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 5th, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

As always, you need your Plus subscription to access them. It’s like Netflix right? You can’t watch movies online without the subscription.

+ Zerokoolpsx on June 5th, 2012 at 6:09 am said:

Man, gonna love this month. I don’t own any of those games and I get to play them for free? So awesome.

+ MauricioQ_Bueno on June 5th, 2012 at 6:10 am said:

isso vai valer pro brazil tbm?

+ frankzeroRD on June 5th, 2012 at 6:11 am said:

YIPI!

+ steamone06 on June 5th, 2012 at 6:12 am said:

hopw u guys have gb left on ur hd because infamous is 15gb and jc2 is 10gb so clear out some space lol

+ KingTygerVII on June 5th, 2012 at 6:12 am said:

Holy Mother of Game Goddess O_O, i only have 30gb free on my HDD O_O i need those games…

+ Anddo on June 5th, 2012 at 6:13 am said:

While this is a great deal. I bought Just Cause 2 last week, can I get a refund?
I don’t think games like Just Cause 2 should be included in this. Not when they were on sale (still are) a week before.

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on June 5th, 2012 at 6:14 am said:

lmao monthly, try people pay the small fee of a year.
i know you mc d children can afford it still, if not flip a couple extra burgers.

+ gauge918 on June 5th, 2012 at 6:16 am said:

Wow! That is awesome!

+ aznexcav on June 5th, 2012 at 6:16 am said:

Oh snap…

+ Link01 on June 5th, 2012 at 6:17 am said:

Oh, and guys…. where’s the Vita stuff?

+ mzingarelli on June 5th, 2012 at 6:18 am said:

Now I can really say: Never Stop Playing.

Really hope that Sony bring PS+ and this amazing library to Brazil. We are desperate for that!

PAGE 1 2 3 14