Driveclub

PlayStation Plus E3 2012 – June Update: Your Instant Game Collection Is Here

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jun 05, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Starting with today’s PlayStation Store update, PlayStation Plus will deliver an instant game collection to all members!

blogheader_infamous2_150_060512

Starting with 12 blockbuster titles worth over $260 – including inFAMOUS 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Saints Row 2, Just Cause 2, and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine – PlayStation Plus members will now have a library of games to play in addition to exclusive features like online game saves, automatic updates, priority access to betas, and the best discounts on games, DLC, and other content on the PlayStation Store – all for less than $5 a month. New games will be introduced all the time, so you’ll never run out of awesome titles to play!

blogheader_lbp2_150_060512

Purchase PlayStation Plus in the PlayStation Store on your PS3, or purchase online and get a redeemable voucher code instantly. Click HERE to join PlayStation Plus today!

Below is the full list of games that will be available free to all PlayStation Plus members beginning today. Let us know your thoughts on the PlayStation Plus powered instant game collection in the comments below as we’ll be continuing to listen to your thoughts on the best value in gaming! As always, it’s only going to get better.

blogplus_060512 copy

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your membership today!

Free Games: Virtua Fighter 5 – June 5th
inFAMOUS 2 – June 5th
Little Big Planet 2 – June 5th
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One – June 5th
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine – June 5th
Just Cause 2 – June 5th
Saints Row 2 – June 5th
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – June 5th
Hard Corp: Uprising – June 5th
Choplifter HD – June 5th
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone – June 5th
Sideway NY – June 5th

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 14

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on June 5th, 2012 at 9:58 am said:

Morgan Haro can we see some PS VITA games come to PLAYSTATION PLUS.

+ ron1ndon on June 5th, 2012 at 9:59 am said:

test

+ ron1ndon on June 5th, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

just wanted to make sure I’m still a ps+ member

+ Mcgnnis on June 5th, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

I was just checking the PSN Store, no sign of free games nor the E3 Press Conference. and Hard Corps Uprising?…YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY…

+ GGCAN on June 5th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

@ 193 – macrocosmTHEend

They won’t be available until later today when the store updates….(it’s mentioned in the post above).

+ Mcgnnis on June 5th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

Ohh…sorry, forgot that it hasn’t updated yet..my bad Sony..lmao

+ leonard_us201 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

MANNN thats really awesome!!! When I saw the annoucement on the online E3 broadcast I bought the playstation plus right away! Just Cause 2 for free? I just bought Just Cause 2, Infamous 2, Little Big Planet 2 and a lot of other awesome games for 50 bucks! Thats soo great man!

+ macrocosmTHEend on June 5th, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

@ 205 – GGCAN

Thanks man I read it like 3 times and missed it.. Sorry for the dumb question lol.

+ Mcgnnis on June 5th, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

Now, what happened to that Diablo 3 on PS3 rumor?..was it just that? A Rumor?

+ theodoro_epc on June 5th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

Hello JONGREY and all, ya know tell me what time that will end the maintenance SONY PSN USA? want to buy premium battlefield soon and is giving the following error: this service is Currently Undergoing maintenance. Please give me answers bye

+ crazy_kracker1 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

I’M sold never really cared for PS PLUS till know and on the beta does that include home beta also?

+ WorstDude502 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

It’s not really free if you have to pay a monthly fee just to keep them. Better off paying 20 – 40 dollars for the actual disc to have forever.

+ macrocosmTHEend on June 5th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

@ 209 – Mcgnnis

Sadly I think it was just a rumor, but it was a possibility because they did have Diablo 1 for PlayStation 1.

I wish it was on PlayStation 3.

+ OneMoreVillain on June 5th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

The EU.Blog has a lot more information on this if anyone is interested, check out over there.

No more ps1 classics and no ps2 classics for plus now. No more mini’s. No more exclusive free game each month. We still get themes and avatars. I guess it is a fair trade up though.

As much as this “free” content is great, I hope this is a sign of some jaw dropping discounts to come.

I think we can all agree though, We got some gaming to do.

+ hungryhippo18 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

does this include canada

+ TERMINATOR543 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

Ok Sony, you guys have never let me down, and I mean never! But this….this is mind-blowing. And I was literally crying tears of joy when I only thought inFAMOUS 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Saints Row 2 were going to be the only ones and the only one I didn’t have was Saints Row 2. You guys just really keep bringing me more, and now I really can’t ask for much more. I have been a bit worried on how I was going to balance my PS Vita and PS3 games, as well as DLC and other subscription services such as BATTLEFIELD Premium and Call of Duty: Elite. I really just gotta say thank you and you guys are the greatest company in the world period! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

+ macrocosmTHEend on June 5th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

@ 211 – crazy_kracker1

PlayStation@Home is already public just select it on your XMB, and download it.

+ lPHOENIXZEROl on June 5th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

Holy crap people, are you all not familiar with how the PS Store works after all these years?! The store has not been updated yet, it’s after all still freaking morning out on the west coast. It will be up later today.

+ SoraDanU_97 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

this is awesome!!!

+ bigmacman122 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

when is the update is coming to get free games

+ ShadowstyleB on June 5th, 2012 at 10:13 am said:

I need to know when this is happening so I can get my Virtua Fighter on.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on June 5th, 2012 at 10:13 am said:

I appreciate the new games but I want to complain that 150MB of cloud storage is not enough. I can’t use this feature cause it’s been all filled up since day 1.

+ Yohmaru_EX on June 5th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Morgan answer just the two first pages ¬¬

+ palermo1886 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

Awesome! Out of all the games there,i only have inFAMOUS 2 and LBP 2.That’s 10 free games for me :D

+ bassec on June 5th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

Hi there – I am currently thinking about subbing to PS+ for these games.

However, I am pretty confused. I have seen answers saying this service is like Netflix in that your subscription must be current to play the games. I understand that. What I don’t understand is the rotation of games? The ENTIRE collection is open the second you join Netflix — there is no rotation.

If I join Netflix 6 months from today, all of the titles currently available now would be available then.

If I join PS+ 6 months from today, am I correct in that inFamous 2 would not be available to me?

Is it same to call this service almost a ‘claim’ service in that I have to ‘claim’ inFamous 2 before it rotates out, but then after I’ve claimed it, I have it to use/redownload as long as I want?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 12th, 2012 at 3:45 pm said:

you have the right idea. Yes, we make the comparison to Netflix to paint the picture, but since games are fundamentally different from movies, content will be rotated more frequently then a movie dropping from Netflix.

+ Dstruct90 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

Mother of updates. Something tells me, its going to take a while to download all thats games

+ OneMoreVillain on June 5th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

@225 Yes according to the EU site, that is exactly how it will work, much like anything currently downloaded for free using the plus feature. After the game is gone, you will still have access to it as long as you are a member of playstation plus. Even if you lose your membership you still have the game, you just wont be able to access it until you resubscribe to plus.

+ MichaelAndrew35 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

Thanks Sony for All The Free Games On Plus Its A Great Deal To Try Them Out 2 See If We Like The Games Instead Of Having to buy them and find out we dont like them and not getting your money Back Great Job Sony Im Impressed With All You Do

+ Jak23ft on June 5th, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

I LOVE YOU!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
Playstation Plus user for life.

+ ShinFrank on June 5th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

Great update

+ Aika_Algiz on June 5th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

Oh men, i NEED to buy another HDD :S GREAT GAMES!

+ AlesanaFan4 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

Is it free for new plus members who only sign up today or for everyone who has it? cause infamous isn’t free on my store….

+ WilburMonkey on June 5th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

Sony, HAVE YOU GONE INSANE? So for less than the price of one new release, I get a continuous supply of amazing games (including multiple AAA titles) for a year? This is simply incredible, but I don’t know how you are going to make money on it!

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

I hope SONY will add more apps to the XMB

+ BT29NO on June 5th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

How long will these tittle be up. Before you pull it down?

+ erichoya on June 5th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

Bassec, basically acquring all of these games through PS plus is a sort of pseudo purchase. You’ll buy the item for free and it will show up in your acquired games catalog, with the only caveat being that you can use the game only while still being a ps plus member. If you lapse and rejoin, your previous “purchases” will become available to you again.

The new system is going to rotate titles in and out so if you don’t acquire infamous 2 today and it rotates out, you would not be able to join in six months and download it (unless of course it rotated back in). It’s essentially the same as it’s been currently for ps plus members except the time window has been slightly extended from the one month that has been the norm. You can build up quite the collection over time and they act just like purchased games (as long as you retain your plus membership)

+ luvtoseek on June 5th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

Great news for new & in-coming + members.

+ dehumanizer_666 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

Wow, I thought i’d never see the day that PS+ would offer free PS3 games.

+ Buzzkiller on June 5th, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

This is freaking awesome. Thank you so much for being BADASS Sony!!

+ ItaChu on June 5th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

i wish warhammer wasnt on the list :( i just bought not to long ago…. but its cool i bought it used so now this will give me the online pass :)

+ ItaChu on June 5th, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

who ever doesnt get ps plus this month is crazy im gonna get a year membership

+ smolina204x on June 5th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

the best of e3!!!!

+ muddy130 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

With the revamp of PS+, which I’m loving, are we going to see PS2 games be free in the coming mouths?

+ TheTrainJob on June 5th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

@everyone, A few tips,

1. If you need to redownload something and can’t find it in your download list, browse the store to where the item is and you can download it from there.

2. These PS+blog updates usually precede the actual store updates. Stop asking why you don’t see them on the store yet. They will be available at the usual time, as Morgan has answered multiple times already. Maybe read the other posts and answers before posting the same question as 20 other people.

3. You don’t have to download every game right away, just check out every item in the store, but skip the download step. You will then be able to download the item at any later date as long as your Plus sub is current.

I had to cut 3 more tips, because my comment was too long. Sorry :-P

Morgan, it would be sweet if there was a link to an FAQ on these PS+ updates that had all these and more questions that are asked every single week. Awesome update, thanks!

+ Emerald_Swords on June 5th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

Will you guys be adding ps vita titles in the mix as well?

+ saab01 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

Does anyone know how long these games will last until they disappear. Do we have only 1 month to download all the content or will they be available for a longer time.

I imagine that this will not be an every month thing if it is than that it great. But what I think it will be is every 3 months or longer we will see a new 12 game rotation and the old will leave for the new.

Will the Digital games work with the disc game save?

+ xXContraXx on June 5th, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

where are the games lol?

+ angibri2000 on June 5th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

Ok guys you got me, I just got a year subscription. Having these free games definitively changed my mind. I’ve been a long time PS3 owner but never really saw a reason to get PS+ and if these perks prove worthy you’ll for sure get my $ every year, prove me wrong Sony! =)

+ Voodoo_Lou on June 5th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

A couple of these games have online passes. Will we need to purchase those to play online? Or is the online component included with the download?

+ rooferguy on June 5th, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

Morgan I wanted to ask are you guys going to stay in the tradition of three day of DLC like in years 2009 thru 2011. If not I understand, because you have the option of getting 12 free games if you don’t already have them. I am personally signed till March of 2018 ( I took advantage of the First year special back in 2010 when it was first introduced LOL!!) So please let me know if you have anymore time to post before the first show day starts. Either way yes or no thanks for the answer.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 12th, 2012 at 3:49 pm said:

nothing’s been planned along the lines of 3 days of DLC. We’re focused on building the Plus instant game collection at the moment.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 14