PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Okami HD Coming Exclusively to PS3 With PlayStation Move Support This Fall

Tristan Corbett's Avatar + Posted by Tristan Corbett on Jun 19, 2012 // Marketing Manager, Capcom

Okami HD for PS3

Grab your Celestial Brush! I’m pleased to confirm that this fall, gamers will be able to return to the land of Nippon in Okami HD, exclusively on the PS3 with PlayStation Move support. Initially released to critical acclaim on the PS2, Okami HD has the player take on the role of Amaterasu, the Japanese sun goddess, who inhabits the form of a wolf. After a tyrannical monster, Orochi, turns the world into a ruined, colorless wasteland, Amaterasu must use her magical abilities to restore the land to its previous glory and defeat the demon in charge of the destruction.

Okami HD brings Amaterasu’s epic tale to the PS3 with fully integrated HD graphics and widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio. I did not think it was possible to make the game look even better, but when I saw it for myself, I was a believer. The trademark sumi-e ink art style lends itself perfectly to HD, allowing players to experience more of the awe-inspiring world displayed in more detail than ever before. Check out the trailer above to see what I’m talking about!

To create an even more immersive experience, you can take your PlayStation Move motion controller and use it as your own Celestial Brush and naturally make brush strokes to defeat enemies and solve puzzles. That said, if you’re just in the mood to relive Okami in HD with the same controls as you had on your PS2, you can also play with your traditional PS3 controllers.

To top things off, we know everyone loves Trophies, so Okami HD will support PS3 Trophies, (including a Platinum) giving you new challenges to face and feats to complete. Okami HD will be available for download exclusively on PS3 in North America and Europe this fall.

+ Tristan77 on June 20th, 2012 at 6:47 am said:

Amazing, day one buy. Okami is a classic.

+ neoniinja247 on June 20th, 2012 at 7:20 am said:

Okami 2 for ps vita = a reason to buy a vita.

+ Carl-G on June 20th, 2012 at 7:25 am said:

“Coming Exclusively to PS3″ Those are the BEST words this Gen!!! :D

+ pantsme on June 20th, 2012 at 7:26 am said:

Wow, this is simply gorgeous. I’ve actually never played Okami, but now on the PSN in HD/16:9 I will definitely buy this. Thanks, Sony; keep up the great work!

+ WATERSTAND on June 20th, 2012 at 7:26 am said:

@149, not necessarily. The Vita is still a hard sell for the masses and it is still struggling. I know, I imported one for 500 bucks last December. If anything, I’d kill for an iOS release. This game would also rule on a 9 inch tablet with retina display.

I wonder who is making this port? It looks gorgeous so far. 5 year old game has never looked this good.

Also, a small pet peeve of mine, the trophy names, umm, let’s just say they were written by a child. . . I wish they could rename them with something more a bit dignified. Better yet, I’ll set my system language to Japanese and hopefully it will install the Japanese trophy titles instead of the English ones.

Finally, I hope you get the option of muting the murmur this game uses for conversation. It gets on your nerves hearing the same jibber jabber for 40 hours. I honestly wouldn’t mind just hearing the bgm and sound effects during story cutscenes. Plus it’ll be more classic RPG like that.

+ valianthoUS on June 20th, 2012 at 7:29 am said:

This is awesome, was just thinking about how great it’ll be to have Okami HD when I was playing Sumioni. It’s a dream come true :D TQ Sony!

+ JeffsonP_US on June 20th, 2012 at 7:39 am said:

Just a note, this setence: “Okami HD will be available for download exclusively on PS3 in North America and Europe this fall.” is wrong.
It will be available in Brazil too, so it’s not only North America and Europe. Just checked Brazilian PS Blog.

+ xenoea on June 20th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

I’m so stoked. Can’t wait!

+ Trieloth on June 20th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very excited for this :)
now all I need is Viewtiful Joe in HD and I will be a extremly happy dude.

+ Elvick_ on June 20th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

@144: Ignoring move with a long demo of Wonderbook that uses the PS Move? Yeah, okay.

+ TenaciousQC on June 20th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

Now we want Vita version please

+ Gekidami on June 20th, 2012 at 9:55 am said:

Put it on Vita please Sony/Capcom.

+ guitarded77 on June 20th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

Move support
Full Trophy support

Looks great, also looks like Capcom finally learned how to do HD ports after the failed Resident Evil ports.

+ Donelwero on June 20th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

Why do you Sony hate your own product!?!?!?!?!? Release it for the Vita PLEASE!!!!

+ Falaut on June 20th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

I think the bigger surprise here than the actual game coming out (which again is a wonderful thing), is that Capcom actually did something good. Here is a oatmeal raisin Capcom, and if you keep this up, we’ll give you a glass of cold chocolate milk to wash down that magic.

Now how bout a brand new Breath of Fire made exclusively for Vita. And please, make it a bit more mature (grounded fantasy) for all of us late 20s early 30s that played the old ones when they released ;)

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on June 20th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

yes!!!!!! thank you guys so much!!!!!

thanks thanks thanks thanks
(take my money)
thanks thanks

it was cruel to have avatars for okami and not the game, but now is YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on June 20th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

O_O am i dreaming? O_O
A crapcom post which isnt full of suck?

…how the hell? @_@

Okami is a great game that i unfortunately never got round to on PS2, so I’ll be allover this. and Exclusive too :D

…..providing they don’t manage to screw this up between now and release day of course ;)

+ doctorSTRANG on June 20th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

It could be release for Vita too. It could be totally possible. But looks like Sony already forgot about Vita. Lots of games in PSN could be released for VIta. Like Outlander, Hard Corps, all from Pixel Junk and many others. Okami HD is totally possible in PS Vita. But Sony only release “small” versions of PS3 blockbusters. So wrong. A handheld needs more simple, quick and casual games. And games from past generations also totally fit in the more care free style of a handheld. But I think is very strange that Sony never tough about that, so it just let me think that they already forgot about Vita.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on June 20th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

is this going to be a REAL remaster (like MGS or GOW)? or just a lazy, effortless port rendered in HD like previous Capcom releases?

+ loveordie04 on June 20th, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

Vita version please I have been dying to play this game on my Vita.

+ Ashendark on June 20th, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

Awesome video, so when is this going to be released on the Vita?

+ loveordie04 on June 20th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

I have a feeling that this game would do excellent on the Vita, I know for sure a bunch of people who would love this game getting ported to the handheld. Using your finger as the brush just makes sense, come on please, pretty please with a lot of money on .top

+ loveordie04 on June 20th, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

Cant fight..must have Vita version..aliens taking my brain…………….Vitaaaaaaaaaa version…..My eyes my eyes…..need Vita port to spend money…..Capcom give port….report……report…..

+ tusunami on June 20th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

I can’t wait for this,I haven’t played this before on Ps2 & i’m glad i waited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Heavenly_king on June 20th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

Capcom are you reading the comments??? You can sell even more copies if you bring a PSVITA version!!!

PLEASE CAPCOM!!! PSVITA RELEASE!!!

POWA TO DA PEOPLE!!!
POWA TO DA VITA!!!!

+ Elvick_ on June 20th, 2012 at 11:58 am said:

@162: Capcom =/= Sony

@166: Too bad all those you mention have nothing to do with Sony. And there’s nothing small about Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, LittleBigPlanet Vita, etc. You’re just ignorant.

+ FruitySnaks on June 20th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

We need a PlayStation Vita version!

+ actio1_618 on June 20th, 2012 at 12:20 pm said:

+ Wolfemon64 on June 20th, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

Aww no Vita version of the game?

+ Slaysme on June 20th, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

Hey, that’s cool that this is happening, don’t get me wrong. I just hope that they take note of what has been said here. It would seem that some users want a vita version.

MOST Psn games should be spec’d for vita play as well as ps3. Sure, some wouldn’t work as well, but so many would. Well see more of this , but they should take note that it’s the PSN tier titles the people really want on vita, NOT retail sized games. All stars on vita? I’d 100x rather have this, or tony hawk HD, outland, pixeljunk, etc.etc. that’s the type of content you should concentrate on having multi platform.

A sequel would make up for lack of a vita port, cappycom. As long as its on vita.

+ loveordie04 on June 20th, 2012 at 12:43 pm said:

@178 Hit it on the head, I just hope they’re seeing this and all the people who are willing to purchase the Vita version. Dont you guys like money.

+ ERBOLASLAB on June 20th, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

now that IS AWESOME!! I definetely don’t know why they did not release the sequel YET!

man if they ARE WORKNG ON IT OK…
BUT IF NOT SOMEONE TELL THEM THEY ARE LOSING LOTS OF MONEY LOOLOLOLOL

WHO AGREE^^???

+ MushThePainter on June 20th, 2012 at 12:53 pm said:

Thank god for this! I’m still having a hard time getting the smell out of the house after Sumioni:Demon Farts…

+ saintaqua on June 20th, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

Thanks so much! I knew this day would come. :)
Bring on the HD classics with trophies!

+ saintaqua on June 20th, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

Plus…VITA VERSION PLEASE! Or maybe port Okamiden in HD to the Vita.

+ MushThePainter on June 20th, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

Oh and just a thought.. Amaterasu for PLAYSTATION ALL STARS BATTLE ROYALE!!!!!

+ TMAZT3R on June 20th, 2012 at 1:38 pm said:

Just port it over to the vita already you have so many requests.

+ Akuma_Nouta on June 20th, 2012 at 1:53 pm said:

Okami is in my opinion the best game ever made. No other game other has made such an impact in me as Okami. Its not only the amazing art and beauty of the world or the incredible and lengthy adventure… but man this game was made with so much heart that its overflowing with pure “feel-good” experiences. There were many moments in cut-scene dialogue or when exploring the world, that the Shinto philosophy views on nature and humanity really really clicked in me. Also the many side-quests based on several japanese traditional tales are a joy to investigate outside the game. In this generation where developers, publishers and gamers are drug-obsessed with military themes, this game is a breath of fresh air, even if its from a previous generation. Only Journey in the current gen have come close to that rare transcendental experience in video games. So yeah, for 20 dollars you get a 50/60 hour game (if you complete everything) and way more than that: a meaningful life experience. Please give it a chance!!! And please give us a disc version!

+ Ryusennin on June 20th, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

@Capcom

We want the ORIGINAL CLOVER ENDING. Not the Wii port. Don’t mess this up!

+ loveordie04 on June 20th, 2012 at 1:57 pm said:

Come on give your customers what they want, isn’t that how companies succeed, People Blatantly screaming to give their money away and 1 reply to almost 200 comments, dont blame me I am just the instigator and I want a Vita version please.

+ yagamikun on June 20th, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:

Thank you Capcom :) I’ll be the one who says it though…I would have loved to see a simultaneous release on the Vita as the games lends itself to a touch screen (see Okamiden). I game much more on my Vita because of my job, but I’ll take what I can get!

+ Heavenly_king on June 20th, 2012 at 2:14 pm said:

Capcom if you want our money RELEASE IT FOR THE PSVITA TOO!!

POWA TO DA PEOPLE!!!
POWA TO DA VITA!!!!

+ MrSniffer on June 20th, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

Keep the conversions coming!!!

ICO, SOTC, Space Channel 5, Psychonauts, Okami……..please do “REZ” and I can put my fat PS3 w compatibility mode in the dust heap!! You’re almost there with my list of “gotta keep ‘em” hits.

+ PatchAdams2000 on June 20th, 2012 at 3:21 pm said:

I will buy this first day. I would also like to add my request for a VITA version. I would buy that as well.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

+ Seshat on June 20th, 2012 at 3:46 pm said:

This is officially the best news I have heard from this blog. It would have been better to hear about Okami 2 for ps3, but I will settle for an HD re-release with trophies, so I can grind to my second platinum!

+ JDog09 on June 20th, 2012 at 4:08 pm said:

Amazing news! Day one purchase for me! And I would also love to see a PS VITA version! Maybe a bundle deal with both versions for $29.99 or something like that. :) But still, amazing news!

+ lisatsunami on June 20th, 2012 at 4:13 pm said:

Strident whiners, calm down. Read Tristan’s reply to post 104. Your rude demands have been heard. I’m sure they’ll consider this seriously. I’m looking forward to playing this on my white Liberation bundle Vita, come this fall or maybe a bit later.

I bet none of the suits expected this crazy explosion of glee so they’re most likely excited now, too.

+ PAINPAS on June 20th, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

This is one of those times where you have to let your opinion be known. PS Vita version please. Capcom and Sony make it happen. After Gravity Rush this is the next game that Vita was made for. Wipeout DLC is awesome and I love that game even more. Okami belongs on the Vita aswell and may be one of the most beautiful games weve seen on the system to date along with Gravity rush.

+ ERBOLASLAB on June 20th, 2012 at 4:56 pm said:

STILL NO COMMENTS ABOUT VITA…. WE MISS HIRONOBU SAKAGUCHI… THAT.. FOR SURE… HE WOULD RELEASE A FINAL FANTASY TO VIT ATO START WITH….. NO CRIES FOR US LIKE THESE WE ARE SEEIN NOW

IF IT WAS NOT THAT MOVIE, SPIRITS WITHIN, HE WOULD BE WITH US…. THE MASTER ERAQUS, ……….

SOMEON TELL CAPCOM HOW TO PLEASE A CUSTOMER……. LIKE HE DOES!

+ ERBOLASLAB on June 20th, 2012 at 4:58 pm said: