Uncharted 4

Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad Speeds to PSN Tuesday at 1080p, 60 fps

Robb Rinard's Avatar + Posted by Robb Rinard on Jun 22, 2012 // Creative Director, 2XL Games

Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad for PS3 (PSN)

Hey PlayStation.Blog! We’re pretty stoked to be able to say that our digital racing title, Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad, is nearing the finish line and will be launching on PlayStation Network next Tuesday, June 26. We’ve been hard at work on this fantastic and surprisingly deep arcade-style racer for quite some time now. Now buckle up and I’ll explain why you should you be interested in Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad.

First of all, as some of you may know, 2XL Games has a very strong racing game development pedigree. Many of our lead programmers and artists worked on the MX vs. ATV series and here at 2XL have put out several extremely successful racing apps and games. We are proud to be among the premier racing game developers.

Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad for PS3 (PSN)Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad for PS3 (PSN)

What makes a top quality racing game? Having fun learning how to master the driving physics, then using that mastery to find the fastest line around the track. Since you’re driving on dirt, this game is all about learning to power slide your vehicle around the corners while staying on that perfect line. Start your turns a bit sooner than you think and slide through that apex to hit your marks!

Secondly, we’ve put a ton of effort, thought, and man-hours in to ensuring that this is one of the most polished arcade racing experiences available. Everything in the game is fully 1080p, supports 5.1 Dolby Digital and all runs at a super smooth and crisp 60 frames per second. We call it “Liquid Color” because everything flows fluidly past you once you hit top speed. Keep upgrading your top speed, because the faster you go, the more visceral your experience!

Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad for PS3 (PSN)Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad for PS3 (PSN)

We’ve also thrown a lot of extra elements and features to provide more depth and replayability. The Career mode follows Jeremy’s bid for the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series championship, and allows you to pick your rig from a wide variety. The further you progress in the game, the more you can upgrade your ride to your specific driving style by beefing up your handling, top speed, acceleration and braking. All of the varied environments feature dynamic obstacles such as breakable fences, rock slides, falling trees and more – no two races are ever alike!

And of course, which racing game worth its salt would be complete without a robust multiplayer and the ability to leave your friends in your virtual dust? In Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad you can compete with up to eight racers online, then track your progress with real-time statistics tracking and a deep leaderboard system.

There’s more than I have room to write about, but rest assured that Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad brings a lot to the table, especially with a modest $9.99 price tag. There’s a dearth of quality offroad racing titles on the market currently, and our talented and experienced team is filling that void with Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad. Again, we’re launching next Tuesday so definitely check it out – see you off road!

+ whatisdelicious on June 22nd, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

Yo, if it ain’t Ivan ‘Ironman’ Stewart’s Super Off Road, I don’t care.

+ themajestic-2 on June 22nd, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

nice nice another game…sony your really breaking me….eh rent can wait

+ whatisdelicious on June 22nd, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

No offense, of course.

Robb Rinard's Avatar

+ Robb Rinard on June 22nd, 2012 at 4:59 pm said:

None Taken. :)

+ gm914 on June 22nd, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

Looks amazing and you can’t beat $9.99.
A great digital offroad game like this and I can say goodbye to the Dirt franchise for good, with their incomplete games and modes I don’t even want to play. Bravo!

Will there be a demo for those on the fence to try out?

Robb Rinard's Avatar

+ Robb Rinard on June 22nd, 2012 at 5:00 pm said:

Sorry, we didn’t create a demo version for this one. Check out the trailer; it is all gameplay footage and should give you a good idea of what to expect.

+ siegfried07 on June 22nd, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

MX VS ATV OFFROAD FURY 4 P2P races back in the ps2 were amazing theres is somthing like that in this game,

+ Dustinwp on June 22nd, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

I love me some off road racing! Will there be a demo? How many tracks are available in career mode? Will there be vehicle damage? And if so, will it affect your handling?

Thanks! :)

Robb Rinard's Avatar

+ Robb Rinard on June 22nd, 2012 at 5:08 pm said:

Sorry, no demo. There are 23 different races in the career mode spread across 6 unique tracks. No vehicle damage in this one or handling impacts. You do have 3 unique handling choices to pick from for each vehicle, as well as upgrades.

+ tbm0987 on June 22nd, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

hot shots golf world invitational 1.04 update “PLEASE”

+ DoTheKiller91 on June 22nd, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

I’ve seen the trailer, looks ok but ill stick with DiRT and MotorStorm.

Robb Rinard's Avatar

+ Robb Rinard on June 22nd, 2012 at 5:10 pm said:

Good choices for sure. Our goal was to at least compete with them and do it for under $10. :)

+ SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT on June 22nd, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

Looks sweet for $60 let alone $10!

One question: Trophies?

Robb Rinard's Avatar

+ Robb Rinard on June 22nd, 2012 at 5:11 pm said:

Yes, we’ve got Trophies!! :)

+ PainOfSarrow on June 22nd, 2012 at 1:07 pm said:

saw the trailers i think this actualy looks pretty good. i like how hugee rocks roll into the road. i just got motorstorm 3d rift for 9.99. its a freaking blasttttt. i dont mind another dirt road racer so il probly buy this next tuesday.

+ devilmosh on June 22nd, 2012 at 5:22 pm said:

Without a demo, it’s too hard to tell how well a racing game really plays until the reviews come in, and ten bucks is still a lot of money in my house to spend blindly, I’m afraid. I searched for trailers on YouTube and in addition to them (which reminded me of old sega arcade racing), I found one xbox review of a demo that trashed it, so I’ll wait.

+ vanwinkle on June 22nd, 2012 at 6:12 pm said:

Nice. Get this thing on Vita, my friend!

+ RydogV on June 22nd, 2012 at 8:14 pm said:

Hmmm…I think I will definitely check this out. Will it support my Logitech Driving Force GT wheel? Regardless, you can’t beat a $10 price point. Ever since I watched “Dust to Glory” I have searching for a great off-road racer. The Dirt and various “Baja” games never delivered for me. I hope this is the one :)

+ Axecution on June 22nd, 2012 at 9:10 pm said:

Yeah i’d buy it for Vita lol not PS3 though

+ FireGuy13 on June 23rd, 2012 at 4:41 am said:

I got kinda excited when this was “accidentaly” put on this weeks store update. The trailer was good, and really piqued my interest. Just glad to hear that it will be out next week. Got plenty of funds in the ol’ wallet, so I will be getting this.

+ mJ_mSv on June 23rd, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

Will this be for US only, or will you release it in Europe too?, I hope it will have a platinium trophy aswell! :)
But it’s a buy Anyway, I love racing games, and this looks good at a wery good price too :)
Just wondering if it’s any reason for waiting for a Europe release, or if I should buy it from the US store right away! :)

Robb Rinard's Avatar

+ Robb Rinard on June 25th, 2012 at 5:45 pm said:

The Euro release will be delayed some so I would grab it from the US store.

+ Nikos on June 23rd, 2012 at 2:10 pm said:

Looks like a ton of fun from the trailer and, for $9.99, it’s a steal!

+ SlyCooperFan100 on June 23rd, 2012 at 2:41 pm said:

If no one’s going to make the joke….

Any relation to Cole McGrath?

*shot*

+ Mudvayne_I5 on June 23rd, 2012 at 4:19 pm said:

Will There Be A Option To Drive Either A Manual Or Automatic?

Robb Rinard's Avatar

+ Robb Rinard on June 25th, 2012 at 5:46 pm said:

No, this version will be automatic only.

+ R–T–A on June 23rd, 2012 at 4:55 pm said:

Need a GOOD off road game with a competative/multiplayer option, always good to see some good offroad racing, but i agree with the Ivan ‘Iron Man”: stewart comment” IN DESPERATE NEED OF A MX/SX Game made by EA….. ASAP!

+ PlSSmyPANTS on June 23rd, 2012 at 5:33 pm said:

THIS….. were to begin… Let me retort by saying this in the most respectful way i can, This game is the most offence slander i have ever seen the very sight of this makes me weep i can not believe how things like this make it on the internet or how this could even been thought of YOU SIR ARE RUDE AND YOU NEED TO APOLOGISE FOR SUCH ACTS OF DISREGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE, no but really i’m just joking this game looks alright i”ll probably get it, and i’m sorry i just wanted to catch you off guard.

+ KILLA_SQUALL on June 24th, 2012 at 12:25 am said:

Nice! For $10 i’ll most definitely be buying this. Looks kinda like the Dirt franchise racers. Not to veer off topic but does anyone know when episode 2 of the walking dead game will come out? I’t was supposed to drop 2 months ago and i cant find any info anywhere on why it hasnt been released or when it will.

+ sha-near on June 24th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

Very nice fellas! Been waiting for more console racing action from you all since I finished Baja: EOC years ago. Been a wild ride watching this games development over the last year. So glad it’s finally here

+ supvic on June 24th, 2012 at 2:12 pm said:

Your XLR8 for Cats video, despite having nothing to do with this, makes me want to purchase this even more. EPIC LOLS!

+ racedriving on June 25th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

I’ve tried this game on XBLA. Great frame rate and performance :)

Is it possible to disable the counter-steering assist? I think it’s a bit pointless and makes driving to easy!

Robb Rinard's Avatar

+ Robb Rinard on June 26th, 2012 at 3:52 pm said:

Select the “Fast, Slippery Tires” option when choosing your ride and that will give you more control. You can also adjust the steering sensitivity in the Options menu.

+ smthng on June 25th, 2012 at 6:20 pm said:

I’d really like to see a demo for this, even if only one track… any racing game is a complete gamble if we can’t check out the physics before committing.

+ furiosomarron on June 26th, 2012 at 2:50 am said:

i would love to use my g27 with it but no manual transmission no play.

+ MLT24 on June 26th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

So which wheels will be supported?

+ MLT24 on June 26th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

Oh, and will wheels be supported, or is this controller only since it is an arcade racer at heart.

Robb Rinard's Avatar

+ Robb Rinard on June 26th, 2012 at 3:32 pm said:

Yes, wheels are supported! :)

+ Gunthaar on June 27th, 2012 at 7:09 am said:

Eversince I got trophies from this game, no matter how many times I sync them, they never register online. Everytime I try to access my profile, I have to sync them again but they don’t appear…

Robb Rinard's Avatar

+ Robb Rinard on June 27th, 2012 at 5:42 pm said:

This was an issue on the Sony side that should now be resolved. It might take a few hours for their change to get through the entire system though.

+ Darkrage1138 on June 27th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

Will rally be single car tight track type racing or multiple car racing? also just to give you some applause, i was planning on buying GT5 PSP but as soon as i saw that trailer and the cars flipping around i decided to get this instead.

Robb Rinard's Avatar

+ Robb Rinard on June 27th, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

In rally mode, you are racing against the clock to each checkpoint. While you may encounter other vehicles on the track, you aren’t racing them directly. It’s all about beating the fastest time to each checkpoint.

+ MLT24 on June 27th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

Do you have a list of wheels supported?

I have the older version of the Logitech Driving Force GT, it is the Logitech Driving Force Pro. It is supported by GT5, Dirt3, etc., is it supported in this new game? Please some one tell me they have the Logitech Driving Force Pro,

and the wheel works with this game.

+ shiro-ltp-809 on June 27th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

@ 30 I got same problem you have i trying to sync my trophies like 6 time and nothing but but the way the game is really good and fun to playing i really happy with the game but 2XL GAMES need to fix this problem right away.