Far Cry 4

The Drop: Week of June 25th 2012 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Jun 24, 2012 // Senior Social Media Specialist

On PS3 this week, Spec Ops: The Line unfolds within the destroyed opulence of Dubai. Once the playground for the world’s wealthiest elite, Dubai has fallen victim to a series of cataclysmic sandstorms. The very sand that blankets the city plays a marquee role in altering combat situations and serves as a powerful but unpredictable force that will both help and hinder players throughout the course of the game.

On PSN, bundled or sold separately. Relive or experience for the first time the exclusive blockbuster adventures of Nathan Drake  in UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune and UNCHARTED: Among Thieves as digital downloads. Enjoy this week’s The Drop.

PlayStation 3

Spec Ops: The Line – While most people have fled the now-barren wasteland before the sandstorms swept through, U.S. Army Colonel John Konrad and his loyal squad remained behind to protect those incapable of escape. Unable to reach anyone in Dubai after the storm hit, the U.S. Army feared Konrad and his team dead until they picked up a weak distress signal and launched a rescue operation. As U.S. Army Captain Martin Walker, you and your elite Delta Force team are sent to infiltrate the treacherous region to bring Konrad home. Players will experience “The Line”, that razor’s edge known only to men who deal in war. It is the line they cross when death and duty become one and the same. It is the end — of self and sanity — when their duty is done and only they remain.

The Amazing Spiderman – The web-crawler returns in this Spider-Man adventure based on the Amazing Spider-Man motion picture. Created as an epilogue story occurring entirely after the events of the movie, the game features the return of free-roaming web-slinging all over the city and evolutionary improvements to navigation and combat, as the newly anointed Spider-Man is plunged into an all-new storyline charged with protecting Manhattan from a variety of criminals.

PlayStation Network

UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune – A 400-year-old clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets a modern-day fortune hunter on an exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The search turns deadly when Nathan Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.

UNCHARTED: Among Thieves – Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the story of Nathan Drake, a fortune-hunter with a shady reputation and an even shadier past who is lured back into the treacherous world of thieves and mercenary treasure-seekers. The tenth game by premier PlayStation 3 developer Naughty Dog, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves allows players to take control of Drake and embark on a journey that will push him to his physical, emotional and intellectual limits to discover the real truth behind the lost fleet of Marco Polo and the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala.

Order Up! – Welcome to Kung Fusion! Whip up your favorite pseudo-arguably-Asian-inspired dishes and meet the new waiter Harry in Order Up!!, the exciting follow-up to the hit game that lets you run your own restaurant. The Playstation 3 version is built to give PlayStation Move owners added access to this crazy game (standard controllers are of course also supported, and the orders come in just as fast either way!) The game also features split-screen cooperative and turn-based competitive multi-player, as well as new gameplay features, new high-res visuals and lighting, a new restaurant (complete with new food and a ninja waiter!), and much more for players to discover.

Resident Evil Chronicles: The HD Collection – Capcom brings both Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles to PlayStation 3 in one terrifying combination for Resident Evil fans.

Umbrella Chronicles takes place from the first person as your characters move through a fully 3D mansion. This action/shooter hybrid reveals the back story behind the fall of the Umbrella Corporation by exploring locations from past Resident Evil 0, 1, 2 and 3 as well as new never-before-seen locations, such as Umbrella’s stronghold.

PS3 Demos

• LEGO: Batman 2 DC Super Heroes

minis

• Farm Frenzy Pizza Party

PSone Classic

Disney’s The Little Mermaid II – Everyone’s favorite mermaid is back on the PlayStation in Disney’s The Little Mermaid II. Featuring elements of both Little Mermaid movies, this game finds Ariel and her human friend Melody on a mission to rescue Prince Eric and foil Ursula and Morgana’s nefarious plot. Along the way, you’ll have to find your way to Atlantica saving it from Ursula, conduct Sebastian’s Orchestra, and escape from the castle. Recapturing the Trident from Morgana and searching for clues to your identity are also on the agenda. Everything unfolds with the help of over 30 minutes of footage from the movie. If you’re a fan of The Little Mermaid or if you’re just a casual Disney observer, you’ll flap your fin with joy for Disney’s The Little Mermaid II.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

129 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Vince47 on June 24th, 2012 at 4:05 pm said:

NUTS

+ ReVaMpeD_xV on June 24th, 2012 at 4:05 pm said:

LEGO Batman 2 Demo?! Sweeeet!

+ Bruno_Helghast on June 24th, 2012 at 4:05 pm said:

Yesss! Uncharted’s on the XMB! Awesome! Any news about Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD?! Great week!

+ SpiritThief on June 24th, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

With the X-games this week I’m sad we haven’t seen Skate 2 and 3 hit PSN yet.

+ WilHiteWarrior on June 24th, 2012 at 4:10 pm said:

Whoa. Uncharted 1 & 2 AND the RE Chronicles… nice drop this week

+ gm914 on June 24th, 2012 at 4:14 pm said:

Aaaaand the Telltale Walking Dead 2 complaints start:

NOW!!

+ lyon921 on June 24th, 2012 at 4:15 pm said:

Really? The Little Mermaid is the psone classic everyone has been clamouring for?

+ DuoMaxwell007 on June 24th, 2012 at 4:23 pm said:

@3

Tony Hawk will be out on August 1st. We WOULD have gotten it July 18th but you know how Xbox likes to buy timed exclusives and of course Sony never tries to do anything about it…. I mean what Assassins Creed 3 DLC is the FIRST time in the PS3s history that PS3 will be getting something before Xbox while Xbox gets about 30 timed exclusives a year?

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on June 24th, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

How much for the Uncharted games?

+ justshif on June 24th, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

this is an awesome drop this week but when will we get GOD OF WAR 3?!?!?!?!?

+ AJBS0NIC on June 24th, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

Resident Evil Chronicles HD!! Yes!! For some reason I thought this was coming out much later in the year but I’m glad to have been mistaken =D

Any word on the price? My guess is $20, hopefully a Plus promotion sweetens the deal somehow.

+ MakoSOLIDER on June 24th, 2012 at 4:27 pm said:

Meant to ask u can preorder Assassin’s Creed III and Liberations from the EU Store. Will we be able to do this with the US Store?

+ WilHiteWarrior on June 24th, 2012 at 4:29 pm said:

@9

I think they said on the blogcast $40 for both. I forget how much individually

+ Megadrixfire_24 on June 24th, 2012 at 4:31 pm said:

Excellent news, i hope a 50 $ card is enough to get uncharted 1 and 2 and the resident evil hd collection, especially if there’s any ps+ discount.

+ MakoSOLIDER on June 24th, 2012 at 4:31 pm said:

Oh and for everyone who is going to ask where youtube or a game is dun worry. This is only the drop and doesn’t detail that stuff. Its common PS Blog procedure to wait till the day the store updates and write articles about the games and features that come out that day detailing vital information we should have known before and then not updating the store till all the articles are out to make it seem as if everything is a lot more special than it actually is :D

+ gm914 on June 24th, 2012 at 4:31 pm said:

@8 You know I’m fine with the MS exclusives most of the time.
It saved me from impulse-buying crud like Amy, and I Am Alive. Thank$ M$ !

+ massimodo on June 24th, 2012 at 4:35 pm said:

$30 a piece for the uncharted games, $40 for the pair. Obvious question, but why wasn’t the Batman 2 demo this week, when the game came out. Hell, the 3ds demo of the game was available 2 weeks prior to the release of the game. And sigh, no vita demo of batman 2, hell no vita anything.

+ Sunny_Delight24 on June 24th, 2012 at 4:36 pm said:

Nice drop!

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on June 24th, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

$40 for both games? Sweet.
I was hoping for that magic $20 price point for these digital bluray games. Soooo BOUGHT :)

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on June 24th, 2012 at 4:40 pm said:

any news on the Vita integration for PS Plus?

(BTW i know nobody is going to answer)

+ wtGp on June 24th, 2012 at 4:44 pm said:

Resident Evil Chronicles: The HD Collection is the reason I got the Move day one. I loved playing this game on the wii when I still had one. The cheesey dialogue and the good ole fashion arcade on rails shooters are my favorite games

+ SamuelSpade on June 24th, 2012 at 4:44 pm said:

OMG!! Little Mermaid II. I was just chatting the other day while playing Saints Row the Third, how I wish Sony would fill that empty spot in my collection with a Little Mermaid game. Thanks for this and not something cool like Doctor Who for my Vita!! (Sarcasm implied) Mahahahaaa

+ daphintosh on June 24th, 2012 at 4:46 pm said:

Can’t wait to pick up my copy of The Amazing Spiderman. It looks awesome.

+ krae_man on June 24th, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

Can you guys please update the PS3 firmware so you don’t need twice as much free space on your hard drive to install something. You already fixed this issue on the PSP, now with 15gb downloads, it’s time to fix this issue on the PS3 as well.

+ L1ftedResearch_ on June 24th, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

Nice Uncharted but still no walking dead ep. 2 ?! seriously ?! ugh

+ solo013 on June 24th, 2012 at 4:49 pm said:

The RE games sound good to me, but I’ll get them later once I’ve beaten all of the other RE games I have.

+ Sayckeone on June 24th, 2012 at 4:51 pm said:

The Little Mermaid? Of all the PS1 games that exist, Sony puts The Little Mermaid on PSN? smh

+ SpyDudeFX on June 24th, 2012 at 4:51 pm said:

Melody is Ariel’s daughter not her human friend? lol

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on June 24th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

Did you guys really need to bother with the Little Mermaid? I’m really interested to see some statistics proving there was any demand at all for that title.

+ zzamaro on June 24th, 2012 at 4:57 pm said:

Well, people wanted more PSone classics. They can’t complain now, lol.

+ JEC94 on June 24th, 2012 at 5:01 pm said:

No Walking Dead? And the Little mermaid, seriously?

+ semicomatose on June 24th, 2012 at 5:11 pm said:

if we’re gonna get disney games, kingdom hearts: birth by sleep would be nice :) …

+ arod629 on June 24th, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

sweet RE collection!!!!!!!! i will get it

+ videtonator_os on June 24th, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

So, I thought that you mentioned Amazing Spider-Man as a PSN Release in Blogcast. I was really, really looking forward to it this week. =S

+ DoTheKiller91 on June 24th, 2012 at 5:39 pm said:

Hooray for Chronicles HD Collection and Uncharted!

+ lerodemmy on June 24th, 2012 at 5:40 pm said:

Can we please, please, please get prices for the Resident Evil Chronicles series and for Uncharted 1 and 2? Also, is PS Move required for Resident Evil Chronicles?

+ DuoMaxwell007 on June 24th, 2012 at 5:51 pm said:

@16

AMY wasnt THAT bad.. id give it a 6/10.. not a 1 or 2/10 like all the reviews say.. and 10 dollars for a 6 outta 10 is fine when they releases games that are 6/10 or lower for 60 dollars.. as for I am alive there was nothing wrong with that at all… sure it wasnt perfect but it doesnt deserve to be in the same sentence as amy lol

+ lamboboy63 on June 24th, 2012 at 6:01 pm said:

i hope youtube for the ps vita comes out this week same with wakeup club

+ Traeia on June 24th, 2012 at 6:19 pm said:

PSOne Classics?

Is it still “soon after launch?”

+ remanutd5 on June 24th, 2012 at 6:19 pm said:

wow lots of vita stuff!!!! great vita week!!!!! lol

+ CyPhErLoUs on June 24th, 2012 at 6:26 pm said:

Real ballers, Gs, thugs, and gangstas know that it’s all about that Little Mermaid this week. SWAG.

+ FATHASUN on June 24th, 2012 at 6:28 pm said:

Any word on the YouTube App for the VITA???

+ iBOCK_ on June 24th, 2012 at 6:34 pm said:

Oh no, what about the Vita YouTube app? No mention of it whatsoever. It’s essentially the end of the month, so I really hope it’s coming out this Tuesday.

+ DarkAkatosh on June 24th, 2012 at 6:55 pm said:

At least I (hopefully) get my pinball arcade dlc this week.

+ benhofb on June 24th, 2012 at 7:05 pm said:

Did’t you guys say the Youtube App was coming in the end of June? I am quite certain that this upcoming week IS the end of june… Perhaps a suprise post will come tomorrow?

+ hrfuknstuf on June 24th, 2012 at 7:08 pm said:

I’m confused… is the original Little Mermaid already available for download? If not, I’m going to wait until it is; I don’t want to start in the middle of the saga. :)

#10, if you mean when is GoW 3 coming to the PS Store, you’re probably better off buying it on disc, as it’ll probably be cheaper then what the Store would initially charge, and take up less space on your hard drive. If this is not what you meant, GoW 3 came out in 2009. :P

+ JAM3S_H3RR3RA on June 24th, 2012 at 7:10 pm said:

I’m waiting for Jet Set Radio HD! When does Jet Set Radio HD come out? I also want to get Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD later in the summer.

+ guitarded77 on June 24th, 2012 at 7:11 pm said:

No Vita stuffs :(

I hope RE Chronicles is good, I wasn’t impressed with the last HD RE ports from Capcom.

+ EJayDub on June 24th, 2012 at 7:12 pm said:

erm Record of Agarest War 2 comes out this week too.

+ Exalted_Knight on June 24th, 2012 at 7:20 pm said:

Off Topic: I totally am not coming off negative or saying anything bad, I know one game we will never see on the PlayStation Store as a PS3 full game and that game is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.. 50GB Dual Layer baby! :D
On Topic: Great week PlayStation! 3 Big Games on the list! I might pick up the Uncharted games.. Kinda nice to not have to walk downstairs to my game wall to get Uncharted out of its case, I can just launch it from the XMB!

@Rey, @Sid, @Jeff, @Nick Something Else I wanted to ask? I haven’t gotten a Vita yet, umm is it possible for us to send Vita Users messages from our PS3 Thanks. :) I might have seen it somewhere before but I thought I would ask. Thanks again.

Long Live Play!