GTAV PS4

Pre-Order LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, Get Knights and BioShock Costumes

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar + Posted by Simon Rosenkotter on Jun 25, 2012 // Community Coordinator, Tarsier Studios

Starting today, LittleBigPlanet fans will be able to pre-order the upcoming PS Vita installment of the game, and those who do will get themselves a snazzy set of bonus costumes as a big thank you! The bonus costumes include the iconic Big Daddy and Little Sister from BioShock, as well as new Knights of Old costumes to dress up your Sackboy or Sackgirl as a knight, damsel in distress, black knight, or a fearsome dragon. The details of this offer will vary depending on which country you live in or where you pre-order from, but here are some pictures of the costumes to whet your appetite.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Best of E3LittleBigPlanet Vita Pre-Order Bonus Costumes

Pretty cool, right? What’s especially neat is that the particular colors of these pre-order Knights of Old costumes will remain exclusive forever!

In other news, as you might have heard E3 took place last week in sunny Los Angeles. We had a great time showing off LittleBigPlanet PS Vita to everyone who came by and got an amazing response. Here’s what a few media outlets had to say.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Best of E3LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Best of E3LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Best of E3LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Best of E3

Editor’s Choice – Polygon (winner)
Best Vita Game – IGN (nomination)
Best Platforming Game – IGN (nomination)
Best Sony Exclusive – Digital Trends (nomination)
Best Handheld Game – Digital Trends (nomination)
Best Portable Game – Destructoid (nomination)

Polygon said: “Creating is just… more fun than it has been, effectively turning fingerpainting into a method of drawing tangible platforms and objects in the environment.”

IGN was really impressed by the Memoriser, which is just one of the many new features of the game: “[LittleBigPlanet PS Vita] could be the gateway to infinite PlayStation Vita games. It’ll create an App Store for the Vita where all the games are free and can be uploaded and downloaded via 3G.”

At the top of this page, you can check out the new trailer for the game we showed off at E3. You can also watch our live demo with the PlayStation.Blog team here. Finally, here’s a video of a demo we gave the Los Angeles Times at the convention.

PAGE 1 2

+ Feisar on June 25th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

I’ll be happy to pre-order… when is it coming out? Don’t say early 2013.

+ amateratsu on June 25th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

Ive already pre-ordered with GAME i wonder if ill get the bonuses too.

+ KINGArashi on June 25th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

WHOOP, LBP NEVER LOSES ITS TOUCH. Get it, Touch.

+ saintaqua on June 25th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

I preordered at Gamestop, so which do I get?
I’d like a release date soon, please. :(

+ luvtoseek on June 25th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

Give digital pre-orders or 1st week buyers the bonus content, Simon! The community loves the LBP franchise & your team at Tarsier has been living up to our expectations.

Ohhhh, Big Daddy Sackboy- you will rule them all…=)

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on June 25th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

Thanks, luvtoseek!

As soon as we have anything to share regarding the digital version we will make sure to let everyone know!

+ MartiniMan on June 25th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

What about those who wish to buy it off PSN? How do I preorder off PSN and still get this offer?

+ JaguarCRO on June 25th, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

So where is the pre-order on the PSN Store for North America for Little Big Planet Vita. That is the kind of pre-order I can support (especially one that only offers digital goods as the reward for purchase).

+ Valde_zerocool on June 25th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

Will there be a notice longer ahead of time if the digital purchase will include all the DLC offered as preorders? With Gravity Rush if you purchased it digitally you would get ALL the DLC packs for free when they were released, had I known that I would have canceled my physical copy.

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on June 25th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

And before you ask, these costumes will of course be compatible with LittleBigPlanet 2!

+ PatriotEyez27 on June 25th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

It better releases this year. One of the games I bought a Vita for!

+ Zookey on June 25th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

What about those downloading it? I am downloading day 1 and would REALLY like to not have to buy 2 copies to get the DLC!!

Awesome news though, loving the beta! It’s already, to me, a superior game to LBP2.

Seriously, the jump from LBP2 to LBPV is as big as the jumpt from LBP1 to 2 was!

+ Jesszman on June 25th, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

Will we be able to pre-order off psn?

+ Link01 on June 25th, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

So, is there any option for the PSN download? Also, what about a release date… or range at least? You know it would be brilliant to tie this in with a PS+ discount right ;).

+ whoers on June 25th, 2012 at 10:28 am said:

you should have an option to pre order on the psn

+ joseph2411 on June 25th, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

Will there be an option to pre-order from PlayStation Store? and if so will there be the same pre-order bonuses?

+ ftlaudman on June 25th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

I’ll be purchasing this game through PSN. How do I get these pre-order bonuses?

+ AceOfSpades725 on June 25th, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

Hopefully these will come with the psn store purchase too. This is definitely one of those games I would like to have downloaded on my memory card for 24/7 availability! (instead of switching games cards around)

+ wakingthedead17 on June 25th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

Throwing my voice out there for a PSN pre-order with a bonus too. I got a 32 GB card for my Vita so I could go the download only route with my Vita and it’d be awesome to start seeing pre-order bonuses for people like me, or promotions like there was with Gravity Rush where if you buy the game during a certain release window you get a bonus. Thanks!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on June 25th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

The LBP beta is really enjoyable — can’t wait to play the full game!

Like most other people in the comments so far, I’m planning on buying this digitally on the PSN. Will we get the pre-order bonuses as well?

+ brighter_darker on June 25th, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

Definitely agree with those who want to preorder digitally. I would love to be able to hop on the game whenever I want!

+ enoir_me_plz on June 25th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

Hmm. Wonder if the people who won PS Vitas from Taco Bell and choose LBP will get the dlc…

+ jester946 on June 25th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

This. Is. Awe-Haw-Some! I love that Big Daddy costume! Now I have to figure out where I can Pre-Order this from.

+ Slaysme on June 25th, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

If you make digital preorder an option for this, you can have your $ right now. Just take it. This year better turn into next month or so real quick.

+ D-Squad3 on June 25th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

Give us a solid release date before hauling out the pre-order bonuses.

+ TJF588 on June 25th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

I should feel ashamed to say this, but preordering for bonuses, then returning game.

I’m a slave for nabbing exclusives, so looks like I’ll be shufflin’ again. Thankfully, I think I make enough for-keeps orders from Amazon that they wouldn’t mind an awful lot.

+ Alchemy528 on June 25th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

Will be be able to Pre-order through psn store?. As I would like to buy this game via digital download

+ GGCAN on June 25th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

So far been loving the Beta of this on the Vita.

Would like to know as others above, if this offer will be for download as well.

Or any offer for those of us in Canada ?

Thanks for the heads up Simon.

+ LadyKatala on June 25th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

Is there a reason why pre-ordering games through PSN isn’t a feature?

I think it would be neat if you could pre-order and it would automatically download and charge your card/account when it was posted.

Then you could offer the same pre-order bonuses. It seems like it keeps confusing customers to have to guess where to purchase a game rather than just being excited about the game.

+ Jak23ft on June 25th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

I was already probably going to pre-order it, but now I definitely am, for the Knights of Old pack.
Also I think I speak for everyone when I say: DON’T EVER GET MY HOPES UP FOR A RELEASE DATE, THEN DASH MY HOPES!!!

+ Heavenly_king on June 25th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

no levels?? me sad :(

+ snakeeyes211 on June 25th, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

Best news I’ve heard all day and you did say coming-out this year awesome :-)

+ Tremulan777 on June 25th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

Sweet the vita is getting better and better.

+ MushThePainter on June 25th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

@24 -I agree..

+ polo155 on June 25th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

im such a spoiled dude that because i didnt receive the beta for the vita i will NOT be buying this game.

+ polo155 on June 25th, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

and i dont mean somefoofee Demo a week or 2 before its released… today you guys twist the work Demo with beta and ppl go for it… im talking closed beta..

+ xcom923 on June 25th, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

I would love to preorder this game but I don’t plan on getting any physical copies of games I plan to keep long-term. PSN needs to have a way for us to preorder games so we can get the bonuses too

+ El_Pollo_CA on June 25th, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

I have asked this question (and seen it asked a few times) with no direct answer, then I read your comment about the costumes being compatible with LBP2,,,,can someone categorically state that the costumes from LBP/LBP2 are available for the Vita version, and errr the otherway round… I don’t know, you know what I mean :)

How’s that all work, does anyone know yet?

+ Slaysme on June 25th, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

@34 ~polo.
Seriously? Why deprive yourself?
Beta ends today anyhow.
I hope bad things happen to you, which in turn teach you valuable life lessons.
Really I do. You are a true example of an entitled POS.

+ Logan22 on June 25th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

Just to be clear, you pre-order once and you get everything right? The packs aren’t seperated among different retailers, right?

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on June 25th, 2012 at 11:45 am said:

As said in the announcement, the exact details can vary from retailer to retailer.

+ Figboy on June 25th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

Got to play LBP Vita at E3 this year and was floored. So, so good! It really did feel like the console version in the palm of my hand.

I cannot WAIT for this to finally release. My Vita is ready!

I’ve had it pre-ordered since December of 2011! Release it soon!!

+ polo155 on June 25th, 2012 at 11:43 am said:

all the replies from simon are dumb and evasive. people who plan to pre-order he states theyll post when they ready to weather or not you will receive the DLC lol… i guess hold of on the pre-orders! llol

+ polo155 on June 25th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

@slaysme, lmaooo… if i knew you i’d deal with you but since its a blog im not a internet gangster.

+ DZORMAGEN on June 25th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

I know a buddy of mine will be stocked to hear the BioShock pre0order news.

I am a little confused about the pre-order though?

If I pre-order the game (which I already did) do I get all 3 costumes, or does each country/region get a specific pre-order costume???

+ DRAQ-520 on June 25th, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

in the bottom of the Bioshock poster I see Bioshock Infinite, will Elizabeth, Booker and songbird be available too?, OK maybe it’s a surprise, but will these costumes come to LBP 2? and the other one, I know you’re tired of people asking it, but is the DLC from LBP 1, 2 and vita compatible with karting?

+ DZORMAGEN on June 25th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

stoked*

+ TJLEW on June 25th, 2012 at 12:12 pm said:

When you say that the costumes will be compatible with LBP2 how does that work? You download it on the vita and then you transfer it over to LBP2? Does that also mean all LBP Vita DLC will be Compatible?

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on June 25th, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

Yes, all upcoming LBP PS Vita DLC will be compatible and vice versa. How exactly the process will work I do not know at this point, but it will be fairly straight forward I would imagine. :)

+ BRANDON-BARTIE on June 25th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

I have already preordered LBP Vita from GAME UK. But, I did a ‘pickup in store’ type of preorder, so do I still get these costumes?
I hope I do !! :)

+ Kane22_ on June 25th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

Ok great. but what about the freaking release date. seriously you guys talk about everything else but when it comes to a release date all we get is stay tuned. the game was announced last year and we get is stay tuned.

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on June 25th, 2012 at 12:37 pm said:

Sorry about that, but we want to make absolutely certain that once we finally do announce a release date, we can stick to our word.

+ lisatsunami on June 25th, 2012 at 12:43 pm said:

@25, you’re not the only one who is using that “workaround”. I canceled my “pre-order” in favor of the digital Gravity Rush.

Re: the late announcement of DLC for digital purchases– isn’t the answer obvious? Announcing it ahead of time will discourage retail purchases & Sony would be stupid to make its larger retail partners mad every time a game is released.

+ iTofuMan on June 25th, 2012 at 12:46 pm said:

I agree that it would be nice to know if Digital buyers get these bonuses as well. I would like to buy this digitally, and would hate to miss out on great DLC. I mean its good to know if i should pre-order a physical copy now and getting the DLC for sure, since i doubt theyll have any left near/around the time the game is released, than waiting till its released digitally and not having it.

PAGE 1 2