PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Coming This Friday to PSN: The Walking Dead Episode 2 – Starved For Help

Alan Johnson's Avatar + Posted by Alan Johnson on Jun 26, 2012 // Manager of Public Relations and Social Media, Telltale Games

The Walking Dead: Episode Two - Starved for Help

The Walking Dead, Telltale Games’ continuing story of adventure horror based on Robert Kirkman’s Eisner Award-winning comic book series, continues this week for PS3! Episode Two – Starved for Help tears through flesh and bone and onto the PlayStation Network this Friday for $4.99 or will be available as a download from within the game’s menu for existing season pass owners!

We’re really excited to continue the story of Lee Everett; players will have to deal with the repercussions of the choices they made in Episode One and they’ll be confronted by more difficult and sometimes gut-wrenching choices in Episode Two. Remember, the decisions you make means that your story of The Walking Dead could be substantially different from someone else’s – this is what we call ‘tailored narrative’.Our game engine has been tracking every choice players made in Episode One – A New Day. From course-altering life-and-death decisions to seemingly banal actions and conversations, we’re keeping tabs on all of it.

**(Spoilers: Don’t watch this if you haven’t played Episode One!)**

This video is just a sampling of some of the choices players made in Episode One. Those choices might have an effect in the scene you’re playing, later in the episode, later in the season or not at all. Think about what you do and say — the game and the characters in the game are watching! The information recorded by the game helps the team devise aspects of the ongoing story of The Walking Dead, making this episodic gaming at its best!

Hopefully by now, you’re hungry for more information about Episode Two – Starved for Help. Let’s just say that if you thought Episode One – ‘A New Day’ had some nasty, stomach-churning moments, you’re probably going to need a bucket at hand (and perhaps a box of tissues for tears; this episode made our PR manager cry) for episode two!

The Walking Dead: Episode Two - Starved for HelpThe Walking Dead: Episode Two - Starved for Help

The Telltale team is thrilled that you’re getting your hands on The Walking Dead: Episode Two – Starved for Help soon, and we can’t wait to see all the choices you make as you sink your teeth into it!

148 Comments

+ suitedsnake on June 28th, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

Ok so I have the season pass and with it being released Friday does that mean that in its menu I can download the 2nd episode and start playin at like 1:00 o’clock in the mornin?

+ XxSGCxX on June 28th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

CANT WAIT n i hope they dont take long on the 3 episode

+ ValenzuelaFTW on June 28th, 2012 at 1:36 pm said:

So I purchased the bnlde seaonpass orwhatev that means I wil get episodes as they release?? and dam dish cacld MC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cuz i ant find it and it didnt record e last 5 oisods ll ok i watche em opn unercouch o somehing

+ jeff0227 on June 28th, 2012 at 8:00 pm said:

Can’t wait to play it!

+ Kazzix on June 29th, 2012 at 1:45 am said:

its almost 4am central and no release yet…. will be looking throughout the day. @51 yes if you have the bundle pass it will be in you episode list as a download

+ hawaiiallstars on June 29th, 2012 at 2:11 am said:

I demand it be released immediately. Immediately you darn nard guzzlin power corrupt whores of babylon!

+ Elvick_ on June 29th, 2012 at 3:02 am said:

@47: Keywords: “Telltale said”

Telltale doesn’t run the PLAYSTATION BLOG, so you should two step on over to the Telltale forums or something instead of annoying everyone that frequents the PlayStation Blog with your out of place complaints

+ gameplayer503857 on June 29th, 2012 at 5:12 am said:

My ass it comes out today. I bought it on PSN, I’m from NORTH AMERICA, I GO TO DOWNLOAD CONTENT, AND IT STILL SAYS COMING SOON.I GO TO THE PSN STORE, AND I DON’T SEE IT THERE EITHER HELP ME!!!!!

+ ThePaco317 on June 29th, 2012 at 6:29 am said:

so then where is it, i have been up since 7am, and its not there whats going on “PSN”

+ Chambers35 on June 29th, 2012 at 6:36 am said:

@58 – Obviously they haven’t added it to the store yet, it might not even be on until the normal PS Store Update time.

+ FFVIIAC on June 29th, 2012 at 7:57 am said:

OMG. You know I’ve waited just like everyone else and yeah at times I felt impatience creeping in. Now am planning to have an awesome night ahead of me playing it. With that said some people here REALLY need to get a grip with comments like;

“so then where is it, i have been up since 7am…” and

“its almost 4am central and no release yet…. will be looking throughout the day…”.

Go to bed, dream your married to Pamela Anderson and then wake up feeling excellent! THEN download the next episode. I just don’t understand people who are staying up that late/early for this. Don’t get me wrong The Walking Dead is really good and am a massive zombie fan but hell no! I defo wouldn’t be staying awake like that.

+ luvtoseek on June 29th, 2012 at 8:05 am said:

@39, list me one afternoon soap w/ any level of gore. Additionally, the gore in TWD is hardly mild. I really don’t understand how some soaps are tv-14, like TWD. AMC sure has leverage.

@40, I bought the season pass because the initial reviews were promising. Also, wasn’t there a $5 discount?

+ JayBizzle311 on June 29th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

yeah… I’m thinking it won’t be on the store until the normal update time which is…. honestly I don’t know.. I usually check it after 7pm EST and the new stuff is usually there..

but they did say that if you bought the season pass you have to download the episode through the actual game menu.

I’m about to see if it’s up yet.

+ JayBizzle311 on June 29th, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

just checked as of 11:15am EST Episode 2 still isn’t up.

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

I’ll keep checking back to these comments to get updates on when the episode comes out.

+ bsholmes1993 on June 29th, 2012 at 8:42 am said:

ITS OUT EPISODE 2 IS OUT IM PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW!!!

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 8:51 am said:

@66 No need to be an *******, people really want to play this. I know your lying because I checked 5 minutes ago.

+ ken-chan3000 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:02 am said:

i don’t know. just because telltale has made a habit of this does not good business it makes. i can see them getting away with it for sam and max and even back to the future because no one cares about sam and max and most gamers don’t even remember back to the future. this series however is the first game from telltale that people want to play so sticking to the monthly release would have been a no brainer.

hopefully now sony won’t take all day to release it.

+ Felldoh23 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:03 am said:

@66 Why are you lying for?? Got my hopes up and went to download it but it still said coming soon….

+ bsholmes1993 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

LOL TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

+ Jpeoria23 on June 29th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

patiently waiting

+ taters1257 on June 29th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

Okay it’s friday, where the hell is it?

+ Pixie412 on June 29th, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

Any update? Has anyone been able to get the game?

+ aramon on June 29th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

6:35pm in the uk and still nothing here

+ Pixie412 on June 29th, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

Wow it’s just 1:42pm here but seeing that gives me little hope.

+ NotLogix on June 29th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

I know, right?!? Where the frak is my new episode? If “London’s Calling” in that there’s no new “Walking Dead” content on the PSN Store, what hope is there. TTG is jerking our collective chains.

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

Is it up yet?

+ aramon on June 29th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

Psn in uk usually gets update at 6:00pm don’t think it’s going to be on untill tomorrow
You would think telltale would see the amount of comments that people are getting pissed off
And just release the game

+ Pixie412 on June 29th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

They should have at least given us an estimated time instead of giving us the run around and now having us wait all day.

+ Pixie412 on June 29th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

It did say Euro PSN’s release date was not yet out though.

+ aramon on June 29th, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

Figures we would get left to last we pay just the same as every1n else

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

Oh my God, I’ve been waiting since 9:00 AM eastern. I guess I’ll just play it tomorrow.

+ MasonGL7 on June 29th, 2012 at 11:04 am said:

yea… Its friday, still no walking dead episode two release… Maybe they are gonna make us wait a day…. Although xbox got theirs at the beginning of the week… hmmmmm

+ aramon on June 29th, 2012 at 11:06 am said:

Am going to go play some COD now can’t be bothered waiting anymore
Telltale can go screw some fish fingers

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

I’ll check in hourly. Gonna go play Max Payne 3.

+ xPervy-Sagex on June 29th, 2012 at 11:14 am said:

oh psn, making us cower with anxiousness :/

+ B-Don-Swanson on June 29th, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

Yeah.One of the few days my bro’s off to work,and they can’t be bothered releasing it in the morning for us fans.Oh, 11:18 am California,still nothing here.

+ starsncars on June 29th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

So what is the usual ps store update time anyway? (Pacific Standard TIme)

+ DojoDog74 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

It’s 3:01pm EST and still no Episode 2. Guys, what’s the hold up!

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

I have a feeling we’re gonna have to wait until at least 5 PM for the episode. Ugh!

+ NotLogix on June 29th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

HEY!!! SONY!!! Pull your powdered faces away from the mirror on the table for 15 mins and give us what we fraking paid for!!!

+ Tsupi_Az on June 29th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

It is now up on PSN it came out at 12:05 pm downloading now from inside of game from downloadable content.

+ Charlielima718 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:13 pm said:

Confirming that it is up for download!

+ DojoDog74 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

@ Tsupi_Az Thanks for the update! I’m downloading it right now.

+ angelzndem0nz on June 29th, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

its up right now i’m downloading it. it was like 3:09pm est

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

Oh thank God, it’s here! As of 3:19 PM Eastern, it’s on the store!

+ Tsupi_Az on June 29th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

No prob DoJoDog been on the telltale site for the last couple days, enjoy everyone feel it might be a long wait for episode 3

+ angelzndem0nz on June 29th, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

i think its going be 2 months before eposode 3 comes out from what i heard the last week in august

+ DojoDog74 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:29 pm said:

Something isn’t right. After installing episode 2, selecting a save, and then selecting episode 2, the game starts to load and then it kicks me back out to the dashboard. Anyone else experiencing this?

+ Tsupi_Az on June 29th, 2012 at 12:33 pm said:

Im still downloading but that is the statements on the TellTale forums as well, will check myself when uploaded. Epic fail delayed and doesnt run…..