Far Cry 4

Coming This Friday to PSN: The Walking Dead Episode 2 – Starved For Help

Alan Johnson's Avatar + Posted by Alan Johnson on Jun 26, 2012 // Manager of Public Relations and Social Media, Telltale Games

The Walking Dead: Episode Two - Starved for Help

The Walking Dead, Telltale Games’ continuing story of adventure horror based on Robert Kirkman’s Eisner Award-winning comic book series, continues this week for PS3! Episode Two – Starved for Help tears through flesh and bone and onto the PlayStation Network this Friday for $4.99 or will be available as a download from within the game’s menu for existing season pass owners!

We’re really excited to continue the story of Lee Everett; players will have to deal with the repercussions of the choices they made in Episode One and they’ll be confronted by more difficult and sometimes gut-wrenching choices in Episode Two. Remember, the decisions you make means that your story of The Walking Dead could be substantially different from someone else’s – this is what we call ‘tailored narrative’.Our game engine has been tracking every choice players made in Episode One – A New Day. From course-altering life-and-death decisions to seemingly banal actions and conversations, we’re keeping tabs on all of it.

**(Spoilers: Don’t watch this if you haven’t played Episode One!)**

This video is just a sampling of some of the choices players made in Episode One. Those choices might have an effect in the scene you’re playing, later in the episode, later in the season or not at all. Think about what you do and say — the game and the characters in the game are watching! The information recorded by the game helps the team devise aspects of the ongoing story of The Walking Dead, making this episodic gaming at its best!

Hopefully by now, you’re hungry for more information about Episode Two – Starved for Help. Let’s just say that if you thought Episode One – ‘A New Day’ had some nasty, stomach-churning moments, you’re probably going to need a bucket at hand (and perhaps a box of tissues for tears; this episode made our PR manager cry) for episode two!

The Walking Dead: Episode Two - Starved for HelpThe Walking Dead: Episode Two - Starved for Help

The Telltale team is thrilled that you’re getting your hands on The Walking Dead: Episode Two – Starved for Help soon, and we can’t wait to see all the choices you make as you sink your teeth into it!

148 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ DojoDog74 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:34 pm said:

I have decided to download the episode again just in case. (Crosses fingers)

+ aramon on June 29th, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

Well at least use got it Europe left out
Remember there will be problems every1n downloading at same time

+ angelzndem0nz on June 29th, 2012 at 12:36 pm said:

@DOJO yea having that problem 2

+ DojoDog74 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:37 pm said:

@Tsupi_Az Wow. I’ll head over to the forums. I can’t imagine how bad this will be if the PS3 version ends up delayed again for a bug/glitch.

+ DojoDog74 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:38 pm said:

@+ angelzndem0nz Yeah, I am. Episode 2 refuses to load. It seems like it’s going to work and then it kicks me to the dashboard.

+ Jpeoria23 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

wtf

+ Tsupi_Az on June 29th, 2012 at 12:46 pm said:

I am also unable to load into episode 2 not sure whats up.

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:46 pm said:

It keeps kicking me to the dashboard too. As Max Payne would say……
“GODDAMMIT!!”

+ Chambers35 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

Thank god (kind of), I thought it was just me with that problem!

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

@Chambers35 Same here, I was worried that it was just my version of the game.

+ rcolba on June 29th, 2012 at 12:54 pm said:

what a bunch of jews… two months and the thing doesnt even work… what a sham!!!!

+ Chambers35 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:54 pm said:

It seems it’s happening to everyone. I’ve just had a quick look at the telltale forums and there’s plenty of people with the same issue there too.

I didn’t see any reply from Staff though…

+ rcolba on June 29th, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

@Chambers35// …. and you probably wont.

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

@rcolba Agreed.

+ aramon on June 29th, 2012 at 1:00 pm said:

We are still waiting in uk no release date for us
I think telltale should pay for there big mistakes
Not even working when they release it for America
The Godz must be crazy

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

Hey, everyone, someone from the staff replied on the telltale forums! Here’s what he said.
“I’m looking into this now, and I appreciate your patience. I’ll update the thread as soon as I have more information.

Have any of you tried deleting episode 2 and redownloading it?”

Wow, such a big help.

+ Chambers35 on June 29th, 2012 at 1:06 pm said:

@115 – KidKilla.

Nice one for the heads up, at least they’re aware of the situation.

Hopefully it wont take long to sort it (it will), and I wonder if we’ll have to download a patch?

+ Tsupi_Az on June 29th, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

I contacted Playstation lets see if they reply

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

@Chambers
God, they shouldn’t be releasing these broke ass games. I bet we’ll have to re-install the game, then download a patch. What BS.

+ Chambers35 on June 29th, 2012 at 1:14 pm said:

@Tsupi_Az
I doubt it’s PlayStation’s fault.

@KidKilla
No they shouldn’t, especially when the majority of us have already paid for all of the Episodes.
That wouldn’t surprise me…

+ HELLS_666 on June 29th, 2012 at 1:23 pm said:

YOU GUYS EPISODE 2 WORKS !!!

you only have to select episode 1 and press CONTINUE…. the 2nd episode WILL START !!!!!

+ HELLS_666 on June 29th, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

nahhhh just kidding !!! LOL

+ Lilbrykills on June 29th, 2012 at 1:38 pm said:

Its truly disgusting how us as paying customers get taken advantage of. Smh

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 1:49 pm said:

@Chambers
God, I hope this gets solved quick, but I know it won’t, just like you said.

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 1:49 pm said:

@Chambers35
I hope this gets solved quick, but I know it won’t, just like you said.

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

To anyone who’s not on the TellTale forums and wants to know the current situation, here’s a message that Alan Johnson, a member of the TellTale staff posted just a few minutes ago.

“Thanks everyone for letting us know about the issue. As soon as Episode 2 went live we also noticed this occurance and are currently working very quickly with our partners at Sony to resolve any problems. We’ll keep you up to date as we hear back from them on when a solution may be coming. Stay tuned to our forums, we’re right there with you, and we can’t wait for you to play! Thank you again for your patience.”

I’m still pretty pissed.

+ Chambers35 on June 29th, 2012 at 1:57 pm said:

Thanks for keeping us up to date on here Kid.

Hopefully it will be sorted soon

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 2:01 pm said:

@Chambers
No problem. I hope it gets fixed soon, too. I’ll keep everyone updated on here, but as of right now, everyone is just raging and talking about how they want to be compensated.

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 2:07 pm said:

This doesn’t really affect you guys, but here’s another reply from Alan Johnson, who I just noticed wrote this article!

“Hey guys! Question for all affected as we attempt to narrow down the cause:

What method did you use to obtain the episode? Season pass or individual episode purchase?”

Season pass for me. How about anyone else?

+ gameman16 on June 29th, 2012 at 2:18 pm said:

Can’t even download the damn thing moving slow. To me it seems like servers are flooded with users trying to get it to work.

Anyway, KiD, I did not opt for the season pass so I am going to try to buy thesecond episode seperatly.

+ angelzndem0nz on June 29th, 2012 at 2:19 pm said:

i think when 3 pm hit everyone that has the game was waiting and hit download and it was 2 much 4 the system and the server crashed

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 2:23 pm said:

@gameman
Alright, then that’s one more for individual download. I’m not sure how the way someone downloads the game ties into the problems, but whatever. It seems like more people are saying that they had the season pass, and not individual purchase. Maybe there’s a problem with the season pass.

+ niemigosse on June 29th, 2012 at 2:32 pm said:

so what the heck…they delay the release a month..and it doesn’t work? This is SOOO BAD!!

+ viru6at on June 29th, 2012 at 2:40 pm said:

i’ll never buy season passes again

+ HELLS_666 on June 29th, 2012 at 2:48 pm said:

i like the title of the episode…… soooo EPIC !!!!

STARVED FOR HELP !!!!!!

Are you guys getting there ???? LOL

no problem i will wait the time it takes, you guys are soo in a rush for everything !
I am unhappy they released a broken game but hey they can take a year to release the hole game and i woudn’t mind.

This can happend everytimes on the pc, on consoles i can’t figure why it would happend since we all have the same setup ( did they have a deadline to respect and now are buying time to finish the game and release it with the patch …. who knows)

But we will all play this game this weekend probably soo chill out and let the people from sony and telltales games work their magic !

+ B-Don-Swanson on June 29th, 2012 at 2:53 pm said:

I got the Season Pass.And this sucks donkey balls.Big ones.Man i just wanted to play this undisturbed.Won’t happen now. :(

+ gameman16 on June 29th, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

Update is available.

+ niemigosse on June 29th, 2012 at 2:57 pm said:

mmk…so i just went through the final [motel] scene (quick 5 min) and let the preview for episode 2 go through and credits etc (as someone suggested), and as I expected, all it did was load to the main menu screen. tried to load the save file again with episode 2…and crash!

I also just got off the phone with sony who suggested to delete the game itself (NOT the game save) and re-download it. Thing is (dunno if this make a difference). I bought my PS3 with a 160gig hdd, and just a couple days ago, I bought a 1terabyte hdd and the installation went fine. Recovered all my saves and still downloading the games etc…but I don’t see how deleting and re-downloading the walking dead game will help…but I’m willing to try anything right now.

here we go … * deleted – re-downloading *

+ gameman16 on June 29th, 2012 at 2:57 pm said:

I can confirm that it is working now!

+ KiDKiLLa606 on June 29th, 2012 at 3:02 pm said:

To anyone who has been waiting, Mike has released a statement about a patch for The Walking Dead!

“Sony just pushed an update and I was able to confirm that Episode 2 is launching just fine now. You’ll need to restart the game, but it will prompt you to download version 1.01 automatically. Please let us know if you’re still having any issue with it.

Thank you so much for your patience with this!”

+ niemigosse on June 29th, 2012 at 3:04 pm said:

SON OF A…I just deleted it and I’m re-downloading it. Bad timing…

+ JayBizzle311 on June 29th, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

What’s up.. I fell asleep.. Are things working smoothly yet?

+ Ericho316 on June 29th, 2012 at 4:28 pm said:

time to start whining for episode 3!

+ gameman16 on June 29th, 2012 at 6:26 pm said:

Ericho316,

I already am. Don’t get me wrong, this is a brilliant IP, but they need to fix these technical difficulties. Episode one reached like multi million downloads, so I would believe that they would be able to bring in extra staff to make the monthly episodes fly out smoothly.

+ loyalhenchman24 on June 29th, 2012 at 7:46 pm said:

It works!!!! patch just downloaded and episode 2 works!!!!!!

+ FFVIIAC on June 29th, 2012 at 10:02 pm said:

am in the UK and can’t seem to find it at all. I’ve searched for it my name, by looking new this week section and checked the game itself. Where is it?

+ JayBizzle311 on June 30th, 2012 at 12:54 am said:

Just finished Episode 2 and let me say wow… some tough decision making…. and I actually died a couple times because I was caught up in the moment of what was happening..

Episode 3 looks even better…. and when they all are out I’m gonna play it again and try every different

+ neilson434 on July 3rd, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

Finally i can’t wait but i hope ep 3 is out on TIME!

PAGE 1 2 3