PS4-Watch_Dogs

Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection Infects PSN Today

Mike Lunn's Avatar + Posted by Mike Lunn on Jun 26, 2012 // Product Manager, Capcom

Prepare for some quality zombie slaying while re-living Resident Evil history in high definition! The Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection features Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles in high definition and comes with PlayStation Move support to help immerse you in the horror. You can grab a friend to play or spend your time racking up Trophies.

The collection will initially be available to download as a discounted two-game bundle, but at a later date, each of the titles will be available for purchase separately. PlayStation Plus members will enjoy 10% off retail price of $26.99, bringing it down to just $24.29 for these two Resident Evil classics.

Check out the trailer above… and get your trigger fingers ready!

Resident Evil: Chronicles HD CollectionResident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection

65 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ MakoSOLIDER on June 26th, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

oooh look yet again :D Yes im trolling now

+ jchill001 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

just update the store!!!!!!

+ tylerh1701 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

Way to eff up the trophies again. I grabbed RE4 even though it had gimped trophies because it’s an all time classic. But there’s no reason these games shouldn’t have a platinum trophy. (See: Dead Space Extraction)

+ MushThePainter on June 26th, 2012 at 12:08 pm said:

I might have gotten this sweet bundle if Sony didn’t completely fail with the move..

+ Josef217 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

can’t wait to grab this when it comes out. update the store already xD last PS update was super fast but then again u guys were making it up for the previous one that took soooooooooooooo much time to update. it got updated at like 8pm if i remember correctly xD

+ Tank_Baked on June 26th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

Store update must be coming at least a little reasonable in time . I’m thinking around 4:30 pm est . This article and the last one came out pretty close together .

+ guitarded77 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:13 pm said:

How many trophies?

+ MakoSOLIDER on June 26th, 2012 at 12:15 pm said:

@jchill001

They wun update it till they get all their articles out :D Its become common these past weeks. I’m not maling anyone I’m just making an observation.

+ polo155 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:15 pm said:

im up in the air on this because im dying for it but which parts are these exactly? do i already have them? i Won so many games but too search the 1000 plus download list. hopefully i have time till they seperate the purchases to search that list. i have to muster up energy that depletes with just the thought..

+ Sonicfan11589 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

i have these games for wii and they are a lot of fun, especially darkside chronicles which has many improvements over Umbrealla Chronicles:
-Use herb any time when obtaining rather than right away
-Upgrade weapons even better (including reload speed)
-Better graphics (DC had Wii graphics while UC retained that gamecube graphics look which is still good looking)
-Less levels (3 in DC and 4 in UC) BUT MORE chapters
-Linear launcher which can become ultra powerful and quickly reloaded after upgrading it completely.
-Alternate outfits in DC
-etc.

+ WilburMonkey on June 26th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

Really excited for this one. I was hoping for a biffer Plus discount, but I loved Umbrella Chronicles on the Wii, and always wanted to play the sequel.

However, let me take this opportunity to once again lament the missed opportunity to make the “best” Resident Evil 4 by adding (optional) PlayStation Move support to that title in addition to the HD visuals. Feel free to patch that in!

+ WilburMonkey on June 26th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

Make that “bigger Plus discount”. Why can’t I edit my comments?

+ Christian399 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

I might buy this, only because I’m so thrilled with my DRAGON’S DOGMA purchase, and the news that it shipped over a million and will become a full blown franchise has made my day!

I support CAPCOM. But please, stop the DLC abuse. For the children.

+ w_o_r_m_69 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

It would be wicked awesome to play these in HD, but I don’t have a Move and I’ve already got them both on Wii so… yea.

+ Christian399 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

Is there a plat for this or not btw? A comment above me indicates a “no” in this regard.

+ polo155 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:20 pm said:

opps i mean i “have” so many games, sheesh i wish i won them lol.

+ RadicalEnigma on June 26th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

Does this game also support Dualshock or is it even worth it to play with Dualshock if it does indeed support it? I sold my Move long ago…

+ KazeEternal on June 26th, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

Sharp Shooter Support?

+ Josef217 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

I think it does support dualshock, it’d be ridiculous if it didn’t

+ Sonicfan11589 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

There IS dualshock support AND Move support, but as i played The House of The Dead with both Move and Dualschock 3 controller, the Move was easier and more fun.

+ Sonicfan11589 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

IT IS UP I just heard via twitter

+ PrimeTimeJprime on June 26th, 2012 at 12:28 pm said:

wow only 10 percent?

+ loveordie04 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:29 pm said:

Capcom can we get a Resident Evil game on the Vita Pwease?

+ capper1970 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:29 pm said:

It’s 3:30 P.M. eastern time & the game is not on PSN. What’s up?

+ lbpmagician on June 26th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

Why no disc release? I want to sell / give away my Wii copies.

+ rafael_martines on June 26th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

$24,99 with no Platinuum Trophy? Thanks to save my money Capcom/Sony

Please when Capcom release Resident Evil 1 Remake and Resident Evil 0 for Playstation 3 with Full Trophy Support call me ;D

+ RadicalEnigma on June 26th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

CAPCOM, please release RE-make and RE0 as an HD collection on PSN. I would buy it for RE-make HD in a heartbeat!

+ Sonicfan11589 on June 26th, 2012 at 12:37 pm said:

IT IS UP VIA SEARCH!

Type in “Resident Evil”

It is at least 11GB for BOTH bundles.

+ TM_NICO_TM on June 26th, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:

This only is also in English or Spanish?

+ InFAMOUS_Noba on June 26th, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

does it need the move controller to play

+ The_Kamina on June 26th, 2012 at 1:27 pm said:

anyone know how large download?

+ capper1970 on June 26th, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

(Download size) 6612 MB for Darkside and 5472 MB for Umbrella. No, you dont need the move controller to play.

+ tusunami on June 26th, 2012 at 1:59 pm said:

Finally it’s arrived been waiting for this for awhile cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DoTheKiller91 on June 26th, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:

Imo, the only reason i would get these are for the bonus missions with Leon/Krauser and Jill/Chris, the rest is pretty much just a big recap.

@27 RadicalEnigma +1000 insta buy for me aswell, but since those two games are Nintendo exclusives they will prolly release them in HD on Wii U :/

+ Ryoko_Demon on June 26th, 2012 at 2:51 pm said:

Well the problem wif Infinate Stratos anime on psn store still isn’t fixed. It’s been talked about to death. Brought to your attention more than once. Nothing changes so still the same lack of attention. If you think I’ll be back to spend more on psn store think again. Buh Bye psn store hello Blu-Ray.

+ harohitman on June 26th, 2012 at 2:57 pm said:

ey this is for the move only or u can play with the controler?

+ solrac_tlk on June 26th, 2012 at 3:00 pm said:

You can play with both the move or the controller. ^_^ But, it’s yet to come out here. )’: I’m still waiting to download and play.

+ Wariocristal on June 26th, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

I want to get it!

+ rioskenny on June 26th, 2012 at 4:27 pm said:

wish it was $20 for +, i would buy it at that price!

+ Frodobald on June 26th, 2012 at 5:52 pm said:

No disc release? Don’t have enough space on my HDD, especially with the new PS+.

+ JEC94 on June 26th, 2012 at 7:03 pm said:

This I want.

+ candycabngfl on June 26th, 2012 at 7:38 pm said:

Wondering if the controls mimic the original games ?

If its still the same then this will be awkward and probably unplayible for many who aren’t die hard RE fans.

+ Gilbow1 on June 26th, 2012 at 8:38 pm said:

hurry and update !!

+ Gilbow1 on June 26th, 2012 at 8:39 pm said:

i want resident evil 1 remake on psn !!!!

+ DKeener420 on June 26th, 2012 at 10:34 pm said:

Played it on the WII, but I got to get it for the ps3 so i can get tha Trophies.

+ Monterossa on June 27th, 2012 at 1:52 am said:

never play the original on the Wee but this game is AWESOME!!!

+ bruno_r17 on June 27th, 2012 at 3:40 am said:

The game isn’t yet in the portuguese PSN! What’s up woth that?
I want to buy this as soon as possible to know if I like the Dualshock gameplay or I need to buy Move.
I can’t buy from the USA PSN because I can’t use my credit card there.

+ Shatgan on June 27th, 2012 at 4:44 am said:

Hmm no platinum?

+ InnateNobility on June 27th, 2012 at 7:50 am said:

As nice as this is, I don’t like the point of view for Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection, nor do I like the fact it doesn’t have ONLINE CO-OP. Not many people do local co-op since online is much more fun and convenient for people who have friends that are out of time. Seriously, with a little more work Capcom woud’ve had a five-star rating from me — but again they failed.

+ InnateNobility on June 27th, 2012 at 7:52 am said: