PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PSN Summer Sale Starts Tuesday, Bonus Discounts for Plus Members

Paul Sullivan's Avatar + Posted by Paul Sullivan on Jun 29, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

On Tuesday, July 3rd PSN begins offering up the hottest deals of the season! The Summer Sale is coming – choose from 11 great titles, all on sale for 30% off and available at a straight up scorching 50% off for PlayStation Plus Members. Go to the PlayStation Store beginning Tuesday, July 3rd 2012 through Monday, July 9th 2012 and beat the heat with these sizzlin’ summer deals! If gorgeous classics like Shadow of the Colossus or fan favorites like inFAMOUS Festival of Blood are on your gamer radar, then Tuesday can’t come quick enough!

Click here to join PlayStation Plus today!

SummerSale2012_PR-KeyArtPiece

Gotham City Impostors
$10.49, or $7.34 for PlayStation Plus Members.
A 6 vs. 6 first person shooter, Gotham City Impostors is a multiplayer game unlike any other, giving players the opportunity to pose as their amateur vigilantes or villains. Create your own Bats and Jokerz characters using unprecedented customization options.

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition
$10.49, or $7.34 for PlayStation Plus Members.
HE’S ON FIRE! NBA JAM: On Fire Edition from EA Sports is guaranteed to light up the court as you throwdown the craziest dunks in the history of the basketball. Don’t miss out on this reimagining of the classic arcade game!

Shadow of the Colossus
$13.99. or $9.79 for PlayStation Plus Members.
Experience a majestic journey through ancient lands, on a quest to bring a girl back to life. The only way to save her is to slay sixteen Colossi. Explore expansive landscapes and seek out each gigantic beast in its own natural habitat.

inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
$6.99, or $4.89 for PlayStation Plus Members.
Vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul and city, he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. Be sure to check out this stand-alone addition to the inFAMOUS universe.

Crysis
$13.99, or $9.79 for PlayStation Plus Members.
Earth, 2019. A team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the South China Sea. A massive alien ship reveals itself and now the US and North Korea must join forces to battle the alien menace.

Killzone 3 Multiplayer
$10.49, or $7.34 for PlayStation Plus Members.
The complete Killzone 3 online experience – enjoy fierce 24-player battles using the latest ISA and Helghast weapons and technology. Utilize the PS3 controller or PS Move to take out your foes during firefights.

Closure
$10.49, or $7.34 for PlayStation Plus Members.
In the dark and mysterious world of Closure, only what you see exists. Manipulate lights to phase objects in and out of reality in this multiple-award-winning puzzle game. Don’t miss out on this unique indie title.

Jurassic Park The Game – Full Season
$13.99, or $9.79 for PlayStation Plus Members.
A cinematic adventure 65 million years in the making! Experience a brand new adventure from Telltale Games, and see new areas and dinosaurs in this landmark game set during the events of the first Jurassic Park movie.

Worms Ultimate Mayhem
$10.49, or $7.34 for PlayStation Plus Members.
Worms Ultimate Mayhem is the definitive 3D Worms game! Load your weapons and experience a new dimension in destructive turn-based cartoon action! If you’ve never played Worms, this game will surely hook you.

The House of the Dead III
$4.89, or $3.42 for PlayStation Plus Members.
Run fast. Shoot faster. Straight from the arcades, this fast-paced shooting game is more realistic than ever with enhanced graphics and PlayStation Move motion controller compatibility. Get your Sharpshooter ready!

Real Steel
$6.99, or 4.89 for PlayStation Plus Members.
A boxing-style fighting game featuring robots as combatants, based on the hit film Real Steel.

What a list! There’s something for everyone. Check out this link for more details. If you haven’t jumped on the PlayStation Plus bus yet, now is the time! Click here to join PlayStation Plus today.

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ sk8allday47 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

awesome sale ,shadow of colosus under 10$ awesome but where is the Metal gear solid HD collection for ps3 on psn store?

+ Sonicfan11589 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

I thought I heard that Pac-Man Championship DX was included, MAYBE NEXT WEEK?

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 29th, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

That’s a part of the next batch of PlayStation Plus games. More details coming Monday at 11AM Pacific.

+ Sonicfan11589 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

Just a suggestion, since u guys said that PSone Classics will start to be available on the Vita sometime this season, why not have sales on those PS1 Classics?

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 29th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

Sonicfan,

Good suggestion. In the mean time you have to admit that these are some nice prices. But which Classics would you want to see on such a sale?

+ zingakun on June 29th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

I’m currently traveling so I’m unable to buy things in Playstation Store. Is there an alternative way to buy without requiring a console? :(

Thanks!

+ KidCommando on June 29th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

I said oh lord Jesus ITZA FAHR!

+ Wario64 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

There was more games mentioned on the Blogcast, weird. PSone classic discounts would be neat, or even Vita discounts…

p.s. Hi

+ ExPresident on June 29th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

I guess I’m spoiled by Steam because when I see the word sale related to digital video games I think killer sales. These are ok but nothing to get extremely excited over. That being said this isn’t Steam so it is what it is. Maybe time to pick up Shadow of the Colossus.

+ GreenJedii on June 29th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

Getting Crysis and Jurassic Park!

+ Abulon-35 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

Things are looking good for Plus members!

+ PainOfSarrow on June 29th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

what is wrong with your servers ? hard to sighn in this blog… i want Gotham City Impostors but its onlyyy first person view so il pass. i already got NBA Jam free. might get inFAMOUS Festival of Blood. already got Closure. might get Jurassic Park The Game full season, though it got bad ratings. already got worms free. house of the dead is first person view once again. already got real steel, have to grind for hourss in that game to progress. not much for me in this sale. hope the regular sales on psn store update got some other good half price games.

+ Christian399 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Paul, any word yet on Gungir and Unchained Blades Vita compatibility? I have $60 worth of “digital platform” software (your department, I assume) sitting on my PS3 HDD.

Thanks.

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 29th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

No word right now Christian, but I’ll make sure your voice is heard by the right ears.

+ WilburMonkey on June 29th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Some great games here! I will definitely pick up Shadow of the Colossus, maybe Closure and Gotham City as well.

+ CrashSpyro on June 29th, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

@6 Those are a separate sale. Nick specifically called it an Atlus sale and mentioned at least one other miscellaneous game, which are presumably for everybody.

+ Sonicfan11589 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

Well knowing I have downloaded a ton of PSone games already, for the people who don’t have the classics that Sony said would come to Vita first back at E3: Tomb Raider 1, Final Fantasy VII, and whatever other classics were mentioned. Try bundling some, if not soon, then down the road, like Parasite Eve 1 and Parasite Eve 2 MAYBE also along with The 3rd Birthday for Vita/PSP owners to enjoy. Final Fantasy bundles. Square Soft Classic bundles like including Xenogears/Vagrant Story/Legend of Mana.

+ gm914 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Hi Paul.
Also wondering about Pac-Man. The Blogcast guys said it was to be included.

I see tht these games are for one week only, but will the Summer Sale be running into next week also (with different sales)?

Lastly, how did you get on finding out about sorting our PSN games alphabetically?
Thanks.

+ darthirish08 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Great sale I will be getting a few games. Probably NBA Jam and Closure.

Does anybody know what time Episode 2 of The Walking Dead hit the store today?

+ CrashSpyro on June 29th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Sorry. I didn’t notice that Pac-Man and Renegade Ops aren’t on the list like Nick promised.

+ Christian399 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:22 am said:

Oh, and will there be any Vita content in the sale? Some of that stuff should be budget. Dungeon Hunter, for example. $10 on the PS3, $35 on the Vita, and $0.99 on IOS/ Android. Ridiculous. And can we expect to see any newer digital games in the sale? Almost every title listed has been in PS+ or on sale at some point already. Fresh content is key.

+ Sonicfan11589 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:22 am said:

The few PSone Classics that are available that i would eventually download are:
Final Fantasy 5 and 6
Threads of Fate
Spyro 1 and 2
there were a couple others but i have a LOT of PSone classics that i would love to enjoy on vita at some point, i probably have over 25-30 PSone classics.

+ subadictos on June 29th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

Closure and NBA Jam: On Fire Edition for sure!!!

By the way, I hope you announce first PSN+ July deals, because it would be a real scam if you make the same mistake of this month (I lost money buying games in offer and then, one week later, you gaved them for free).

And I don´t care about PS One Classics offers, because I have A LOT of them. I only want ONE thing: PLAY THEM ON MY VITA JUST LIKE I DID IT ON MY PSP!!!

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 29th, 2012 at 9:25 am said:

subadictos,

Yeah, we’re staying aware of keeping those things in line. The PSPlus news should be hitting soon as well.

+ sk8allday47 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

ps1 classics are so expensive in psn store, all ps1 games should be 5$ or under.

+ Deekman on June 29th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

Doubt I will pick up any of these as none of them really interest me except SotC but I already own that one :-\

With PS1 support for Vita coming up (hopefully) soon I’d love to see some deals on PS1 and PSP games?

50% off all PSP/PS1 games or at least a discount for Resident Evil and Square RPG’s on PS1
and 50% off PSP titles like Parapa, Gurumin and Portable Ops?

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 29th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

Lots of feedback for PS1 classics on the Vita today. I’ll be sure to deliver that feedback along!

+ PainOfSarrow on June 29th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

ohhh yeaaa and where the hackk is Renegade Ops ??? if that was listed then il forsureeee buy that game in an instant. ben wanting that for a while now.

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 29th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

+ krae_man on June 29th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

50% off a game we already got for free through Plus? Awesome!

JK

Will buy Closure.

+ Chambers35 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

Some really good offers, I think I will get Shadow of the Colossus HD and Crysis.

One question though guys, will the EU Store also be getting a Summer Sale?

Thanks

+ aaronk1018 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

By soon on the Plus new, do you mean today? That would be super.

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 29th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

I don’t believe so. But soon :)

+ KazeEternal on June 29th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

Nice sales, there is at least one thing on there I don’t own yet that I’ve been eyeing. Closure will be bought! When is Vessel releasing? Can you see if the team behind it can have it ready for the summer sale, I was really close to buying this on steam yesterday since it is on sale. I’d love to see Vessel launch with a PSN discount (at the very least for plus members) during the summer sale.

Seeing Some PSOne classic discounts would be great as well. Square Enix’s stuff is in much need of a huge discount. 10 dollars for pretty all of their games is a bit much especially since some of them don’t even reach the 3 or 4 discs of Final Fantasy. So Summer sale for Chrono Trigger and other titles? Maybe knock a few titles down to 2.99 – 3.99? Tekken 1 would be nice (still waiting on Tekken 3 on the store btw). Alundra, Cool Borders 1-3, Dino Crisis, FF Origins (I mean come on 10 dollars really?), Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Mana, Rayman 1/2. Never mind that PSN needs MOAR PSOne classics, but there are some titles that have been up for ever that could use a temporary discount if not a price drop.

Some PSP and PSV discounts would be nice as well. Just saying.

+ Binary on June 29th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

Paul,

Ps1 Classics would be great FF7 also if you could bring back Phantasy Star Portable that would be great. Also can you add some vita games to the special ?

+ DrAndonuts on June 29th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

“What a list! There’s something for everyone*.”

*excludes Vita owners

+ saab01 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

I don’t know if your math is off. But 50 percent off of $10.49 is not $7.34 its 5.24

Unless the prices are really 50 percent off I guess there will be nothing for me.

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 29th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

Saab,

The first price listed is the 30% off, and the 2nd is the 50% off that Plus Members enjoy. The original price is not listed in this post.

+ TwinDad on June 29th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

I just noticed there is no RPG games in the summer sale. There are shooters (far to many of them), Action, Puzzlers and Sports but no RPG games? Why????????

I know Atlus has Catherine on sale, but you missed putting a genre on sale with RPG.

+ Ashendark on June 29th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

Where are the vita games?

+ kamisa29 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

oh my god gotham city and infamous festival for me, maybe killoze 3 too, does somebody reccomend it?

+ gm914 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

When will we see some love for ICO?

And Paul, please do your best to answer comment #15.

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 29th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

Sorting: No News.
    Duration: One week, through 7/9.

+ Chambers35 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

Paul, will the EU Store also get a Summer Sale?

Sorry to ask again but I think my other post was missed

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 29th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

Chambers,

Unfortunately I don’t have any news about SCEE sales.

+ rezo360 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

Where’s Pac Man and Renegade Ops? :(

+ TwinDad on June 29th, 2012 at 9:39 am said:

@Saab01

Your math is off, $14.99 game is 30% off for PSN store. Making the Game $10.49. They can’t for whatever reason make it 50% off the $14.99 so they make it %20 off the $10.49 PSN store price for $7.34. So really the price should be $7.50, but because of the store they have to make it $7.34.

+ CrashSpyro on June 29th, 2012 at 9:39 am said:

@saab It’s 30% off of the 30% off that normal PSN members get, which is actually about 51%. So you get a slightly better deal than they said.

+ PlatinumAura on June 29th, 2012 at 9:39 am said:

SotC YES!!!!!!! I’ll buy ICO one fine day (sale or not It seems great too)

and I’m gonna hop on the bandwagon PS1 GAMES ON VITA I still enjoy my vita very much though!

+ brgjr_05 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:40 am said:

I’m glad I didn’t bite on Gotham City Imposters on XBLA, they wanted 800 points ($10). I’ll probably be getting that and Closure.

+ eccentrik on June 29th, 2012 at 9:40 am said:

I’ll have to snatch up Infamous and Crysis for sure.

Btw, lets get that MGS HD for PS3 on the PS Store!!

+ TwinDad on June 29th, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

@aaronk1018

Feedback from the PSN Store update post said that Monday would bring the PS+ content for July.

+ KazeEternal on June 29th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

MGS HD Collection Vita Discount Please! I aleady own this on PS3 and would very much like to take advantage of shared saves.

+ sk8allday47 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

@42 we’ve been asking for MGS HD for PS3 on PS store forever. camon sony where is it?!

+ duffyboy1986 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:46 am said:

hey Paul, Ghost Recon Future Soldier DLC pack Arctic strike was announced for july 3rd (this tuesday) any word on if this is still coming thanks

+ gerneric123 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

“What a list! There’s something for everyone.”

Except if you own a PSP, or a Vita. Evidently we can change the meme from “Vita has no games” to “Vita has no PSN”.

+ zingakun on June 29th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

Sorry for the noob questions but, is it possible to log in another PS3 console just to buy this stuff and then delete my account information from it?

Thanks!

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on June 29th, 2012 at 9:52 am said:

Yes, that’s possible, zingakun

+ duffyboy1986 on June 29th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

hey Paul
The DlC pack for Ghost Recon Future Soldier was announced to drop on July 3rd..but so far no promotion has been made about it. Do you know if its still coming? Any information on this would be appreciated.

+ Deekman on June 29th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

Any news on PSP games on Vita compatibility? Would love to grab Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops for my PS Vita.

I’ve heard reports that it does in Australia and Europe but for some reason not in North America yet. Just wondering why not

PAGE 1 2 3 6