Horizon Zero Dawn

Jul 05

Jul 05

EVO: Go Hands-On With PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Daniel Maniago's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, SuperBot Entertainment

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: E3 2012

We know fans have been hungry for more information about PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale after E3, so it’s time to deliver! We’re excited to announce that we will be participating in the annual Evolution Championship Series (EVO) taking place this weekend from July 6-8 at Caesars Palace Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. As PlayStation’s premier crossover fighting game, we will be participating in a number of activities throughout the weekend. If you’re going to be in town, we’d love for you stop by and join us to check out the latest and greatest from PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

First up, on Friday, July 6th, we will be showcasing the game on the main stage of the tournament hall at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time. You won’t want to miss this special presentation as we’ll be unveiling our newest All-Stars (along with a few other surprises) in a live exhibition by the SuperBot team! We also invite you to join us for our panel presentation on Saturday, July 7th at 2:00 p.m. Straight from the developer, Superbot Entertainment, Omar Kendall, Paul Edwards, Tommy Ho, Artavan Mkhikian, Edward Ma, and Daniel Maniago (that’s me!) will be discussing the finer points of the game engine as well as answering fan questions.

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle RoyalePlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale

Of course, EVO attendees can come get hands-on time with PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale at the PlayStation booth in the exhibit hall throughout the weekend. Check it out on the PS3 and experience true cross-play with the PS Vita. Fans will even get a chance to play all-new content following our announcement on Friday evening. So come visit us and give the game a try! On top of that, players that register in the booth will receive a free month of PS Plus (while supplies last) and the chance to win 1 of 10 PSAS copies at release!

Below are the details on all of our activities at the show. We look forward to seeing you there.

EXHIBITION: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Exhibition Presentation
Friday, July 6 | 6:00 – 6:15pm
Augustus Ballroom – Main Stage (Caesars Palace Hotel)

PANEL: SuperBot Entertainment: Here Comes A New Challenger
Saturday, July 7 | 2:00 – 3:30pm
Emperors Ballroom (Caesars Palace Hotel)
SuperBot Entertainment will be showing off its new game, PlayStation All-Stars Battle
Royale, at EVO 2012! Omar Kendall, Edward Ma, Paul Edwards, Tommy Ho, Artavan
Mkhikian, and Daniel Maniago will be giving a detailed rundown on the technical aspects of
the game engine as well as answer any questions that players might have. Join us for the inside
scoop!

BOOTH: PlayStation Booth
Friday, July 6: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday, July 7: 8:00am – 6:00pm
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale hands-on gameplay – PS3, PS Vita and Cross-Play.
Augustus Ballroom – Tournament Hall (Caesars Palace Hotel)

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Suicide_Surfer said:

July 5th, 9:19 am

nice!

Suicide_Surfer said:

July 5th, 9:20 am

any ratchet and clank characters in this?

Sonicfan11589 said:

July 5th, 9:27 am

I really hope Aya Brea from Parasite Eve/The 3rd Birthday makes it into this game, i have successfully made it into an idea on blog share. She has been with the PS family since the PS1 days.

boboMELOSHE said:

July 5th, 9:31 am

wooooo so excited :D wish I could go but im stuck in Canadia :(

AriesWarlock said:

July 5th, 9:31 am

I think it’s good you’ll be discussing the mechanics more in depth. Clockw0rk, can you please suggest the guys to look into adding Jen from Primal? Thanks :)

DZORMAGEN said:

July 5th, 9:32 am

I enjoyed the hell out of this game at E3 this year. I am not even into fighting games, but this one is different. I hope you guys have a huge event in LA for the release of this game. Maybe even a special edition. I can’t wait till I hear what other characters are on the list. I am wishing for a huge list of Sony and 3rd party characters for this game!!

C_Dalke said:

July 5th, 9:39 am

I’m really interested in PSABR, but it seems like a Smash Bros. ripoff with a few tweaked mechanics. They definitely need to show me something different to get me more excited. Big Daddy being playable definitely helped though.

Jon_Mclane said:

July 5th, 9:42 am

yoooooo CLOCKWORK! aaaAAAaaa! will the exhibition matches have top known players from other games or will it be the devs? would love to see Justin Wong vs Daigo vs Combofiend vs Mike Ross :P

Daniel Maniago's Avatar

Daniel Maniago said:

July 11th, 2:40 pm

Yooo aaaAAAaa!

Sorry for the late post Jon_Mclane! We had QA guys playing during our exhibition at EVO since they’re really familiar with the game. I’ve made it my mission to get good enough to defeat them (o’-‘)o

Level_Code said:

July 5th, 9:43 am

YES! Only thing that’s going to make me turn on the Live stream! New characters and other surprises! Can’t wait! Then we’ll get even more a couple days later at Comic Con! Keep the announcements coming guys!

IceColdKilla44 said:

July 5th, 9:45 am

Nice! This is easily my most anticipated game of the year, so I hope you guys deliver!

DZORMAGEN said:

July 5th, 9:47 am

I think I know one of the characters will be Jak from Jak and Dexter….

Adelflame said:

July 5th, 9:49 am

Yo clockwork! Gopt any news if evo will be streamed on Playstation home!

Btw Any chance you can get capcom to put strider on this game lol

Zezzler said:

July 5th, 10:42 am

I can’t wait to hear more character announcements, stage announcements, single-player modes, multiplayer modes, and just MORE ABOUT THE GAME! I love these kind of 4-player style fighting games, and cannot wait to get my hands on it!

Until then though, keep up the great work over at SuperBot! I hope Seth Killian will provide massive insight and help towards the development of the game!

JMG24BAD said:

July 5th, 10:46 am

characters i want in + features I want in :

Ratchet
Clank
Jak
Daxter
Sora
Cloud
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Chole or Elena From the uncharted series
Nariko from Heavenly sword
Tomba from ps1 era

Features: Health Bar health bar health bar. Beating up on the worse character to build meter is a staple. BUT it gets dull after a bit. need more variation in the modes.

MP_is_for_Chumps said:

July 5th, 10:52 am

Chimera Hybrid plz sony :)

Rytteren said:

July 5th, 10:54 am

come on sony blog team, stream or record this. PANEL: SuperBot Entertainment: Here Comes A New Challenger is somthing i would watch… but im from denmark EU… thats a loooooong flight :)

Phillyblunz said:

July 5th, 11:02 am

@13 you are a genius!!!

I would love to see Nariko in this game.
Pick up enemies and throw them at other enemies via guided toss!!

How about Raiden from Metal Gear Solid? Actually MGS has lots of good ones, Snake, Rex, Vamp, Liquid, any of the chicks like the frogs, any of the female bosses would be fantastic.

The chimera from Resistance, give us an assortment from the big baddies with rockets to the standard guys.
A miniature version of the spider like boss would be epic.

So many ways to go and options to choose, should make for some long time DLC support hopefully.

Sonic-Boom said:

July 5th, 11:10 am

i am already sold for this game
if i have any requests just bring sonic to the game that would make me even happier with the game
its already awesome and a must buy btw

D-Squad3 said:

July 5th, 11:16 am

OMG NEW ALL-STAR TOMORROW! I can’t wait to find out who it is, PLEASE give us a Square-Enix character.

I’m guessing it’s probably gonna be Ratchet & Clank or Jak & Daxter.

jadashake said:

July 5th, 11:28 am

Want free $50 or $20 PSN cards??! Bamboo Wallet APP for Iphone and Droid…use code JS1128376 Ive gotten over $100 in PSN credit for free in a week!

godcannon said:

July 5th, 11:31 am

Comment # 13 represents myself and thousands of more people I can think of.

Elvick_ said:

July 5th, 11:49 am

Kat (Gravity Rush) has to be in this. If not, I’ll be so disappointed.

And it would be a good idea to release a demo well before release, because many are not sold on the gameplay. I’m sure it will be fun to PLAY, but so far it’s much less fun to actually watch be played. So you can’t really get a sense of if it’s fun, or gauge how fun it is. Because all we have is watching it, and watching people build up a meter to finally get a kill isn’t quite as exciting as other brawlers.

I bet once people are able to play it, then that doubt will disappear and people can actually begin to hype it without worry that it’ll be terrible.

johnnyp70 said:

July 5th, 12:34 pm

How about Rungo or Sofia from Battle Arena; Toshinded? Or a Tekken character like Paul or Nina? Those are PSOne classics!

johnnyp70 said:

July 5th, 12:35 pm

Darn, meant Toshinden. I hate spelling mistakes.

Ekisperto said:

July 5th, 12:59 pm

Any chance there could be Ryu from SF or maybe Strider on it, ClockWork(Daniel)? Seeing Big Daddy from Bioshock in this game makes these things possible to happen now.

Figboy said:

July 5th, 12:59 pm

I won’t be in Vegas this weekend, but I absolutely LOVED what I played of PBR at E3 this year.

I’m a huge Smash Bros fan, and this game, while in a similar genre of SSB, is really it’s own animal, and so much fun. I had a great time with it, and I’m dying to try it out again when it releases. I played the Vita and PS3 versions doing some cross play matches, and it worked excellently.

I’m not a big fighting game fan, but I love games like this, and I’m a huge PlayStation fan from way back. Even with the current roster, it tickled my PlayStation nostalgia bones, so I can’t wait to see the new character announcements this weekend (maybe some Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank love?)

JumpMan33 said:

July 5th, 1:32 pm

Played it E3, but I’ll be playing again at EVO. :)

BTW, I’m waiting on a BrokenTier X PSAllStars Shirt. Make it happen ClockW0rk :)

Daniel Maniago's Avatar

Daniel Maniago said:

July 11th, 2:40 pm

Yeah how sick would that be!?

webbiken said:

July 5th, 3:46 pm

Desired wish list:
Jak and Daxter
Tag(Modnation Racers)
Sack boy
Cole McGrath
Crash Bandicoot
Kevin Butler
Ratchet and Clank
Playstation home avatar

NauseousPenguin said:

July 5th, 5:22 pm

YES! This is going to be awesome! I wonder who it’s gonna be! Jak & Toro? Ratchet & Sackboy? Or even third-party characters like Crash & Spyro (pretty please)? This is so exciting!

OmegaSpear said:

July 5th, 5:43 pm

Dart from Legend of Dragoon!

OmegaSpear said:

July 5th, 5:44 pm

come on, Dart from Legend of Dragoon!

K3ViNPwNz- said:

July 5th, 5:58 pm

wow thats awesome!Too bab I just left from Las Vegas and now im back to my home in L.a!
I was just there yesterday walking the strip and If i would have known this was happening i would have stayed a few more days ;(

DeadKillersRevng said:

July 5th, 7:50 pm

Stop asking for characters, they already have all the characters that will be at launch and will be revealing them over the time.

Blackmagic316 said:

July 5th, 8:19 pm

New Character Reveals?

boboMELOSHE said:

July 5th, 8:43 pm

put in lil wayne!!!

Heavenly_king said:

July 5th, 9:10 pm

FFVII and MGS characters are going to be revealed most probably 1 month (or less) before launch in order to increase hype :D

I will buy it XD

DarkOne_PR said:

July 5th, 9:26 pm

WOA! isnt about time SuperBot Show like at least 4 to 6 more characters and Modes? I mean… We all know Ratchet and clank, Jak and daxter, Cole and Sackboy are going in… but the real surprises characters… i understand that they will left them for the final show… but im kinda worried for the Exclusive roster of PS all Star Battle royal…. (AWFUL … SUPER AWFUL GENERIC NAME!!!!) bc they are announcing them too slow this game AT LEAST must own 20 exclusive ps characters… and the modes… oooh the modes… I Already decided im buying both games Vita and PS3 version if a bundle come like the MLB one…. but if theres not a stage out KO mode a la Smash…. sorry no buy for me.

Still Im very exited for Smash Station Royal since i was one of the ppl who was wishing for this game a looooong time

btw cloud MUST be in this.

DignifiedTuna said:

July 5th, 9:42 pm

@DarkOne_PR
We’re getting two more character reveals at Comic-con, which is the weekend after this. So we have four characters getting shown very, very soon.

estoc1 said:

July 5th, 10:21 pm

Oh goodie, just what I wanted….a Smash Bros..Rip-off with the most overrated and lamest video game characters in gaming history.

DarkOne_PR said:

July 5th, 10:54 pm

@DignifiedTuna

Thats Kool! but they really need to step up! and the Modes!

@estoc1

Dude… sincerely STFU. We the PlayStation Community were the ones ASKING for a game like Smash to come to PS3 with our beloved characters…

estoc1 said:

July 5th, 11:08 pm

@DarkOne_PR

“And most overrated characters? for real? BC mario and luigui are not overrated and lame? Bc Master Chief its not overrated and SUPER lame? Drake its one of the most fully developed characters in gaming history and u say lamest? LMAO! GO F Urself Troll. If u dont like it and dont want it. dont enter their Blog Period.”

Come back to me in twenty years and see if Drake is still remembered (IMO Drake is VERY overrated and lame, just like Kratos from GOW and Cole from Infamous). I betcha he’s going to be forgotten while Mario and Luigi will be around.

Again, this game is nothing more than a Smash-Bros Rip-off with forgettable characters. I’ll be more impressed if Sony and SECA starts to get more SNK Playmore stuff rather than overrated 3D cinematic garbage.

DarkOne_PR said:

July 5th, 11:58 pm

@estoc1

LOL! of course! if u are still alive that is.

Bc going to the same castle for over 25 years to rescue the princess for the X1000 time its not lame and overrated. LMAO! Everyone remembers mario bc thats the start up icon in Video Games along with Pac Man.

but still U talk about lame characters but still talks about SNK? ROTFFLMFAOCOPTER! trow urself over a cliff will ya?

“Rather than overrated 3D cinematic garbage”
LOOOOOOL! O my! Go play ur NES and BLAM! case resolve! U get ur krappy A$$ graphics u desire and get stuck on the past my friend. simple as that! XD

Oh btw: Keep calling this game a rip off all u want bc.. THATS WHAT IT IS! no body its trying to hide it nether deny it! u know why? BC it was US the COMMUNITY (in which ur not counted bc ur re.tar.ded) That ASKED for a RIP OFF of Smash bros but the Sony Version. Simple to understand right? wait no? ooh right u r too stu.pid to understand that.

DarkOne_PR said:

July 6th, 12:03 am

SuperBot I agree with “rytteren”.

Post a weekly Post of ” Here Comes a New challenger” and show off with him in a video all his moves! (save the Specials)

U can do that too to unveil new modes… like …*cough* StAgE OuT! *cough* for example… :)

DeadKillersRevng said:

July 6th, 12:13 am

@estoc1

Mario and Luigi are only well known because Nintendo keeps making new games for them every year because they can’t come with new franchises and they know that most of Mario games sell well, specially among the kids. Sony, on the other hand, has never overused any franchise so much as Nintendo because they know that their audience is not full of people that like the same thing over and over again with a story that doesn’t makes sense (Mario games) and instead provide us with games with a nice story and unique experience (Just like the ones that you mentioned Uncharted, God of War, Infamous and others).

Also, this game isn’t a Smash rip-off at all. That game could have been an inspiration, but in the end, most of current games have been inspired by others. You shouldn’t judge a game if you haven’t played it; and you clearly haven’t because if you had you would know that the game-play is very different.

R-O-Ofaliss said:

July 6th, 12:41 am

Why are you guys arguing over who is the most overexposed characters in gaming. They pretty much all are.

I’m personally bored of Nathan, Kratos, Mario, Link, etc. Which is why I’m going to have as much fun slapping Nathan around, as I do slapping Mario around.

Well, that depends on if the combat system changes between now and when the game releases. As much as I would (hopefully) like to use Kat to make Kratos my B word, I’m not too fond of the combat system.

Spyro123-4ever said:

July 6th, 3:17 am

Two new characters are probably (I hope) Crash and Spyro.

jkuc75sj said:

July 6th, 7:15 am

Clockw0rk! Your Doom loop has help me become better at Doom <3

Nikolai2796 said:

July 6th, 9:27 am

I think them adding Sora or Riku from Kingdom Hearts series would be great

SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT said:

July 6th, 11:58 am

In addition to the characters already announced and assuming they’ll want to at least match the amount of characters in SSB, I’d guess these 18 more are pretty likely:

Cloud
Cole McGrath
Sack Boy
Nariko
Nathan Hale
Ico
Sonic
Heihachi Mishima (from Tekken)
Leon (from Resident Evil)
Lara Croft (from Tomb Raider)

Richter_ak-47 said:

July 7th, 1:57 am

How many super smash brother has beat em ups are we going to make before we screw the entire genre up? Cartoon network even did a total flop on the concept that seemed fun until you play it. I’m honestly worried to see anyone i like in this game in case it’s a flop as well…in all reality most games that look really awesome tend to let you down eventually. Sad but true lol So hopefully im way off and this becomes another awesome installment in the brawler saga.

PAGE 1 2