PS4-The Order

Pre-Order Bonuses and Release Date for PlayStation All-Stars

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Jul 06, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

It’s only been a few weeks since E3, and the Internet has been set ablaze with anticipation for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale! We announced new fighters Nathan Drake and Big Daddy, and that PlayStation All-Stars will have a PlayStation Vita release when it launches later this year – so you’ll be able to take the battle with you on the go, or experience cross-platform matches against your friends whether you’re playing on PS3 or PS Vita.

We’ve been thrilled to hear all of the great responses to the news about the game so far, and have been reading all of your questions and comments on the blogs and forums. While we’ll get to answering all of them soon enough, today we’re going to be answering a couple of the more popular ones: “Why pre-order?” and “When is the game coming out?”

Aside from making sure you’ve got a copy on day one, pre-ordering will snag you an exclusive set of costumes for all of the characters in the game! Here are the outfits for the roster so far, but be sure to check back in with us later when we unveil them all.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Pre-Order Costumes

We’ve revealed eight characters already, but you’ll have to wait until our announcement later today to see who else will be in the ring. We will be unveiling two new characters during our Exhibition Presentation at EVO in Las Vegas this evening at 6:00pm PST. So if you’re in town for the tournament, stop by and check us out or tune in to the PS.Blog for more information.

When the game launches, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to unlock multiple costumes for each character, but these exclusive costumes will only be available if you pre-order. And yes, they’ll be available right when you start playing the game!

I’ll leave you with one last update: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will be launching on October 23rd, 2012! We’ll have plenty more details on the game — including pricing for both the PS3 and PS Vita versions — soon enough, but we wanted to give you a date to mark on your calendars. Be sure to head over to a participating retailer to reserve your copy today!

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ Cloud_Graywords on July 6th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

Only 10 chars? thats lame considering Nintendo has the same game with more than 30. dont get me wrong i love PS and im not a Nintendo Fanboy or anything…. its just…. if you want to do a game that looks this similar, you need to NAIL IT. (as you have done before though) im not seeing this game in my future :(

sorry.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

There’s plenty more than 10 in the roster, but we’re not going to unveil them all today. I doubt you’ll be disappointed =)

+ NHDrumline17 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

I hope this doesn’t signify that there are only 2 more characters in the game. I would be pretty disappointed if there were only 10 in the game. Otherwise, this is pretty awesome.

+ NITROWOLF_2 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

10 characters can’t be all can it? I know there’s alt costumes but come on, surely you guys have way more than just 10.

+ Heavenly_king on July 6th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

All the characters in the game?? 8 + 2 = 10?? REALLY?!! ONLY 10!!! HOW?! WHY!!!

I was expecting like 30-35!!!

It was a first day buy, but now I think I wont buy this. :(

+ AsiaQatar on July 6th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

When are we going to get ‘Scheduled Maintenance’ as a playable character?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

During the 15th update. =P

+ BeatFreaker on July 6th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

For the love of god guys, read the article. There is no mention anywhere that the game has only 10 characters. The 2 question marks are for the ones being unveiled later today.

You all could have gained the same knowledge by simply reading the article, instead of assuming.

+ Blkant on July 6th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

Daniel Fortesque must be in this!

+ gerneric123 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

Guys, they said they’re going to be unveiling more characters at Comic-Con as well. Couple that with the unveils at EVO and there’s going to be more than 10 characters in this game. Jeeze, why would you think there would be only 10?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

If there was a Like button for this, I would.

+ kool-chris93 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

PLEASE bring more characters! I am incredibly excited about this game, but it would be really disappointing if there’s only 10 characters…. Please say more are coming! :)

+ amak111 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

We need Gabe Logan from Syphon Filter, that’s all i want in game!

+ Excalibur0123 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

There is around twenty characters in the game guys so calm down they still have to put in Snake, Ratchet, Cole, and Jak in so be chill Phil (if your name is Phil than wow)

+ ihenshin on July 6th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

I’m not sure if this was already stated or not but is the Vita version a water down version of PS3 or the same? Except of coarse for the graphics. Like Lego Batman 2, it was watered down to no open world in Vita.

I really prefer this for Vita for on the go purpose but if there are lot/important features missing then I’ll go with the PS3.

+ DeathGazer on July 6th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

lol @ people freaking out. Try reading the damn blog post.

+ NITROWOLF_2 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

Question

If I pre-order PS3/vita version do I get to use the skin for other system? So Pre-order only PS3 and buy Vita version Later?

+ Figboy on July 6th, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

Wow, guys, Reading comprehension fail.

There is more than 10 characters in the game. Jesus.

They’ve already announced that they are revealing 2 characters at EVO, then another two at Comic-Con.

This article was only referring to them revealing the alt costumes of all of the revealed characters up until today, but since two of them have yet to be revealed, they will reveal the current roster of alternate costumes today, and the entire roster of alternate costumes once the entire roster is revealed.

Sheesh.

+ Cloud_Graywords on July 6th, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

If you say there is more than 10. i was not really informed but thats sounds more like it. we will see how you “Nail IT” it would be a great surprise if you do.

thanks for the info. i will be looking up.

+ NauseousPenguin on July 6th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

Wait, I’m not sure how this works. Do you have to pre-order online? Or are retailers like GameStop participating?

+ ihenshin on July 6th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Also put a Gran Turismo vehicle as a character!

+ saab01 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Nariko From Heavenly Sword Please.

+ Excalibur0123 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Oh sorry for double post but, I wanted to know if there is any chance we will see Ezio or any person from Assassins Creed considering Sony’s good relationship with Ubisoft or someone from either the Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts Franchises.

THANKS!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

Can’t tell ya right now, but keep an eye out!

+ MakoSOLIDER on July 6th, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

Woah these costumes look amazing nice work.

Questions:
1)Will we able to preorder both versions digitally?
2)How will cross-play work between both versions? Say a PS3 player wants to play with a Vita player but he can’t see him online to send that invite?

+ stargateheaven on July 6th, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

Why do so many people jump to conclusions? Obviously theres more than 10 characters.. -_-
Does this count for Europe too? I’m getting excited now!! costumes, yay!!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

Europe will have some info up soon on how to get these ^_^

+ Berae on July 6th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Why do people think theres only 10 characters…?? Sure there will be more than 10….

Anyway, Cant wait to see more about it, i already pre ordered it and im happy it got a release date in october thats a fantastic news!

+ Valde_zerocool on July 6th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

I’m glad we have a release date, thanks for the update. I cant wait.

+ fester420 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

I’m really looking forward to seeing more 3rd party characters in the game as well. BTW, I already know Snake is gonna be in it, that is a given. I hope Claude from GTA 3 and Tony Hawk will be in it.

+ dredgman on July 6th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

Don’t forget Sackboy. He’s almost guaranteed to show up.

Needs at least one or two more female characters, though.

+ drepsx3 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

Will there be a beta?

+ Figboy on July 6th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

@inshin.

I played the Vita version at E3 this year, and it was a perfect version of the PS3 version. No changes or compromises, except for maybe some minor graphical adjustments.

+ dbii123 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:22 am said:

How do some people here think that there is only going to be 10 characters?

+ PatriotEyez27 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

Hopefully it can be a deal if you buy both versions.

+ Man-is-Obsolete on July 6th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

What’s funny is that if anyone would have clicked the preorder link and gone to the retailer’s sites, like Best Buy and Amazon, the description on those sites all say more than 20 characters. Not to mention earlier this week they said more were going to be revealed at Comic Con.

To the powers that be, please make Kat from Gravity Rush a character in this game. The alternate costumes are already there as well :)

+ AsiaQatar on July 6th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

@ Cristian
Thanks for replying to my joke haha
Srsly though, Kevin Butler Vs Jack Trenton Vs Kaz Hirai.
Make it so!

+ NauseousPenguin on July 6th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

Oh, derp. GameStop is participating. How silly of me not to notice.

+ cosmis_chaos on July 6th, 2012 at 9:25 am said:

This is what I always talk about on this Blog the jumping the conclusions and the mob mentality. Have you not been keeping up with this game and that they said that they would be announcing more characters as they go along? They are only showing the costumes of the ones they already announced to keep the others secret. they have said this several times and people are STILL in the dark. Any way nice costumes. Are there going to be even more bedsides these? I hope you have several variations of each character to keep things interesting.I wouldn’t mind earning them in the game like you do in Rayman Origins

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

Plenty of other costumes will be announced in the coming months. You’ll also be able to unlock different variations within the game itself. These, however, are only through pre-order.

+ Jon_Mclane on July 6th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

I like this, instead of offering 3 or 4 character costumes at each retailer just include all of them. Hope to see more pre-order exclusives like this in the future. Can’t wait for this game, looks amazing! After Street Fighter x Tekken I need a good fighting game.

+ luisempires92 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

Super bot please dont care about the trolls they just hate everything, i so the game at e3 and i am now at evo, just waiting for the bis 2 characters, the point is, you have made a good job with this game all the people behind it, Santa Monica, SuperBot, etc, everyone, this will be game of the year for sure.

Keep it up SuperBot i love the job you have done i just cant wait to october 23 to get my copy.

+ Suicide_Surfer on July 6th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

This is cool but when does the ratchet collection come out in the USA!?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

We’ll let you know in just a few weeks =)

+ OB-SI-DI-AN on July 6th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

:D :D :D SOOO excited for the announcement :3 *BURSTING AT THE SEAMS*

I’m very glad to see that costumes for characters are confirmed. Will all alt costumes be crazy like this or is this literally just because it’s the preorder set? Since each character in the full roster would/should have a variety of looks from their respective series’ I would have thought a number of legit costumes would be easy to pull off?

I know I post this video all the time but if you haven’t seen it please take a look, I’d love to hear your opinion on the characters I’ve picked, their costumes, and the stage mash ups.

(I’m not suggesting there could be 84 characters haha, I’d say 25-40 characters would be right for the game, but the more suggestions on the vid the better :P

Plus it makes the character select screen look CRAZY! :3

You can use the video interactively like a character select grid if you ensure the annotations are on

+ OB-SI-DI-AN on July 6th, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

Oh and being a nottingham lad myself, was nice to see the Robin Hood inspired Sly Cooper outfit :P

+ gold5225 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

I have a PS Vita, also have a PS3 but it’s currently broken, so is there anyway that you guys could set up a form of digital pre-order for the PSVita version of the game. Because I bought the 32GB memory card and have been trying to make the most of it by purchasing all my games as digital. So any help here on a cheaper digital version (as the trend has been thus far) with an option to pre-order would be muy fantastico! Muchas Gracias :)

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

Workin’ on that! We’ll have info on it soon.

+ IM_RICK_GRIMES on July 6th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

Is this game going to be available as a day 1 digital title on ps3?

+ Dante989 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

All I have to say is this…. the people who keep jumping to the conclusion of their only being 10 characters, keep up with the news on this game. They said back in E3 that they will reveal more and more characters as the release date for the game approaches. Do you really think they would reveal all the characters in this game within a few weeks? It’s called building the anticipation.
Besides that, I was wondering if you guys were doing any type of bundle deal if you buy the PS3 and Vita versions together like you did with MLB The Show?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

We’ll have some info on that as we get closer to launch.

+ MushThePainter on July 6th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

O C T O B E R 2 3 R R R R D ! ! ! ! ! !

+ BrianMcGuinness on July 6th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

You should get banned for being a moron on this blog. It’s so sad sometimes.

+ KoJackapple on July 6th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

This really nice,better then xbox i must say,mad respect. I never really played Smash Brothers,but really look foward to this game on the home console and Vita. Keep improving guys. Will yall be announcing the slimmer PS3 at gamescon?

+ orangex501 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

Between you and me Cristian Cardona, are we going see any…………………….. bandicoot in this roster

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

Between you and me, orangex501……I can’t tell you.

+ Ethereal on July 6th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Sold!

+ rafael_martines on July 6th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Needs Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon AND Daniel Fortesque

+ Ethereal on July 6th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Excited to see two new character today! Come on Old Snake!!

+ DignifiedTuna on July 6th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

@43 If only…

A little disappointed. Was hoping for Doughnut Drake or Sir Francis. Parappa and Fat Princess more than make up for it though.

PAGE 1 2 3 6