PS4 - Destiny

Pre-Order Bonuses and Release Date for PlayStation All-Stars

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Jul 06, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

It’s only been a few weeks since E3, and the Internet has been set ablaze with anticipation for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale! We announced new fighters Nathan Drake and Big Daddy, and that PlayStation All-Stars will have a PlayStation Vita release when it launches later this year – so you’ll be able to take the battle with you on the go, or experience cross-platform matches against your friends whether you’re playing on PS3 or PS Vita.

We’ve been thrilled to hear all of the great responses to the news about the game so far, and have been reading all of your questions and comments on the blogs and forums. While we’ll get to answering all of them soon enough, today we’re going to be answering a couple of the more popular ones: “Why pre-order?” and “When is the game coming out?”

Aside from making sure you’ve got a copy on day one, pre-ordering will snag you an exclusive set of costumes for all of the characters in the game! Here are the outfits for the roster so far, but be sure to check back in with us later when we unveil them all.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Pre-Order Costumes

We’ve revealed eight characters already, but you’ll have to wait until our announcement later today to see who else will be in the ring. We will be unveiling two new characters during our Exhibition Presentation at EVO in Las Vegas this evening at 6:00pm PST. So if you’re in town for the tournament, stop by and check us out or tune in to the PS.Blog for more information.

When the game launches, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to unlock multiple costumes for each character, but these exclusive costumes will only be available if you pre-order. And yes, they’ll be available right when you start playing the game!

I’ll leave you with one last update: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will be launching on October 23rd, 2012! We’ll have plenty more details on the game — including pricing for both the PS3 and PS Vita versions — soon enough, but we wanted to give you a date to mark on your calendars. Be sure to head over to a participating retailer to reserve your copy today!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ LEGGOOMYLEGHOE on July 6th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

If you guys Put Lightning Farron from Square Enix and Jin Kazama from Namco i’m sold.. :|

+ LensXD on July 6th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

Just a suggestion, i think you should put Dante from devil may cry in the game.

+ Epic_DavidT on July 6th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

are people really that uneducated that they think the article says there will only be 10 character? It doesn’t say that anywhere! It just said there will be two more characters named today.

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on July 6th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

wow…just wow to the people that really thought there will only be 10 characters….morons.

+ MushThePainter on July 6th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

will there be any differences between the 2 versions of the game? certain things exclusive or excluded from either version?

+ TomHoang on July 6th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

I will definitely pre-order this, but please please please put Nariko (and possibly Kai) in this game :)

+ subadictos on July 6th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

Hey, Cristian. Why don’t you release the game via PSN Store. I live in Chile, so I won´t pre order the game on those shops when games arrives in my country at the same time. But I would be very dissapointing for not having access to the exclusive costumes. Is there a chance of getting digitally? Or can you add those gifts to Latin America versions too? Please???

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

You’ll hear our plans on all that soon!

+ MakoSOLIDER on July 6th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

2 more questions:
1)What is Bluepoint games involvement with the game?
2)Will we be seeing new stages tonight as well?

+ mr_chun on July 6th, 2012 at 9:39 am said:

Good grief, smh at the first four comments. C’mon.

The Big Daddy costume is… interesting hahaha. I like it.

+1 for the inclusion of a FF character. Lightning seems like a possibility given the viral advertisement from last year.

+ AMiL3GENDx on July 6th, 2012 at 9:40 am said:

$20 down that it is this guy in my avatar.

+ nikrel on July 6th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

Hey people there are going to be plenty of chars.
NARIKO is one I could think of being added.
Ratchet is another.
Cole is another.

That is 3 more off the top of my head I am sure will be added.

+ DarktaxFA on July 6th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

first day buy for me been waiting for a game like this to come to the vita just hope theres no rubbish touch controls that yeah end up having to use to do certain move’s

+ Dark_Tooth69 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

Can’t wait to see Solid Snake confirmed :DDD

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:46 am said:

Can’t wait to, uh, wait….I can’t comment =/

+ gexillion on July 6th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

Will there be a bundle deal for both versions like with mlb the show for $79.99?
Think there should be a bundle for every game thats PS3/Vita cross play.

+ TONESTER_925 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

I just want to know about the Life Bar option. Will there be more options?

+ RockSauron on July 6th, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

For costumes, are they DLC only or are there cool ones unlockable in game?

As in, will there be any cool ones like these in the game itself or will all built in costumes be essentially recolors?

Hope we have some free non-recolor costumes like those… And we can unlock some. I like unlockables! How many unlockables you thinking?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

There are definitely cool ones unlockable in game. Won’t tell you how many just yet =)

+ sheengrtr on July 6th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

is the game native 1080p on the ps3 and native res on the vita @60 fps?what about a vita+ps3 bundle which hopefully will be affordable?

+ manzoor47 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

where is Solid Snake :(

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:48 am said:

Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAKE!?

+ Dessron on July 6th, 2012 at 9:46 am said:

I don’t know why people think there’s only 10 characters… Well, if this game was made by Capcom, there would be around 10 characters at launch and another 25 characters released as DLC for 5$ each for a grand total of 35 but since it’s not made by Capcom, you can expect a lot more than 10 characters at launch… lol

+ sheengrtr on July 6th, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

oh and Deimos is a costume for kratos?pretty terrible move if true

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

Well it’s up there so….true?

+ TONESTER_925 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:48 am said:

I hope that there’s tons of unlockable content inside the game. Instead of just buying everything. I would rather start off with 5 characters and then unlock everyone else by beating the game multiple times. Cosumes and stages as well.

+ IceColdKilla44 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:51 am said:

Whoever had that idea for a Big Daddy costume…….

….deserves a raise. Genius!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:52 am said:

Right?! Glad you get it.

+ FATAL_LIGHTN1NG on July 6th, 2012 at 9:53 am said:

Cristian if you put Solid Snake, Jin Kazama, and Lightning Farron in, i’m pre-ordering for both systems day 1! You gotta do it!

+ sheengrtr on July 6th, 2012 at 9:53 am said:

lol yeah sorry didn’t follow the blog post properly,yeah what about my previous question about a bundle and the game’s performance on both systems?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 9:55 am said:

We’ll have info on any sorts of deals later on as we get closer to launch.
    As far as performance, no one had any complaints at E3…we think that speaks for itself =)

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on July 6th, 2012 at 9:54 am said:

I REALLY hope its OLD snake….and you guys show throw in Raiden as a bonus ;) ;)

+ Zookey on July 6th, 2012 at 9:55 am said:

What if we buy the Vita version digitally day 1? Will we still get these? I prefer my Vita fighting games digitally…

+ black_sayian on July 6th, 2012 at 9:55 am said:

all you guys are stupid, there’s not going to be 10 characters obviously.. they’re going to reveal more characters this weekend. Just because they’re showing 10 characters in the picture dosen’t mean its the whole roster. Gosh people are so ignorant these days. For the people that had their hopes crushed bring it back up because I know for a fact this would be a great game

+ MillerWireless on July 6th, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

Really 10 characters? Come on Super smash bros brawl has 35 characters.

+ IIL0YDII on July 6th, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

can we preorder in psn store?

+ sheengrtr on July 6th, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

most people don’t complain about cod’s 600p too,i’m just asking if it’s native res on vita…sub native res games look pretty bad

+ Wozman23 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

Awesome costumes! I’m glad to see you guys are making costumes unlockable instead of costly DLC. I hope “multiple costumes” means there’s still a chance we could get Sully as a costume for Drake. Can’t wait for Ratchet’s inevitable announcement, and many more surprises! I’m already sold and pre-ordered after the initial announcement.

+ Capt-Fury- on July 6th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

Dear Cristian Cardona…

Legend of Dragoon Dart and Spike from Ape Escape make it happen.

+ TomatoDragon on July 6th, 2012 at 9:58 am said:

This is great. Will definitely get, but Sony, you need to some how get it across to players that there are going to be more characters in the game. There seems to be some confusion going on.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

Oh they’ll see how many we’ve got up our sleeves =)

+ TONESTER_925 on July 6th, 2012 at 9:59 am said:

So it seems that in October-November… I will NOT be getting any sleep.

For online, will their be couch co-op + Online.

(My brother and I playing online on the same PS3 against others)

This will be great for tag team matches.

I can’t wait.

+ OriginalLantern on July 6th, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

What if i already pre ordered it like 2 months ago? do i still get it?

+ Jrange378 on July 6th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

Oct 23rd is way sooner than expected and this confirms the possiblity of in game costumes too. Wayyyy better than color swaps in brawl lol.

Thank you Superbot! Please blow the lid off the project in the coming weeks and assuage all our concerns about the game! ( And include way more ps1 characters)

+ TONESTER_925 on July 6th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

Midnight Release party!

+ MrMyKuS on July 6th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

Deadmund!!! He would fit perfectly into the game: Archery, Sword, Grappling hook…Bring it!

+ Zookey on July 6th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

BTW to those asking I played it on both at E3 (including, when on Vita, VS’ing people on a PS3)–it was awesome either way. In some ways Vita is used well (like swiping the back to engage super) but, mostly, it’s the same experience. It looks like Smash Bros. when you watch people playing, but feels totally different when you’re on it–it feels more like Street Fighter in the sense you are building up your super bar and waiting for the right time to slam people with it. Personally, I loved Parappa the best!

Any chance of Robbit from Jumping Flash making an appearance?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Dude, you’re going deep into the PSone library. Can’t tell ya =)

+ sirauron14 on July 6th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

i was considering buying this but I’m not too sure if its like 10 characters kind of disappointing i was hoping for like 30 at least, and if my fave FF characters isn’t on it that makes it worse, I was hoping to see some Final Fantasy X characters.

+ burningwind on July 6th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

Thank you so very much for not making one costume for each retailer like most do! Also, PSN Scheduled Maintenance could be a great character…or perhaps a boss haha.

+ Death_Verdict1 on July 6th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

I can sense it now Cole Mcgrath annouced at Comic Con. I would be more suprised if they didn’t annouce him.

+ R_aVe_N on July 6th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

I would take Tifa or Cloud > Lightning any day when it comes to Final Fantasy characters.

Must have characters imo

Cole
Tifa/Cloud
Spyro
Crash
Jak
Altair/Ezio/Connor
Snake

just to name a few XD

+ Death_Verdict1 on July 6th, 2012 at 10:13 am said:

Also hopefully this gets answered we know more chars are coming on the way but what about stages? I’m assuming you have more up your sleeve but if not then..EEK!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

More characters. More stanges! All in time.

+ toru248okada on July 6th, 2012 at 10:14 am said:

I would love to see at least one character from the Yakuza series in this game. That would make it a day one purchase for me.

+ TANZEB123 on July 6th, 2012 at 10:14 am said:

hey cristian, um is a puple dragon going to be in the roster by any chance?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

No. Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty in dragon form will not be in the game.

+ TONESTER_925 on July 6th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Are people reading the first comment? Can’t wait until the buy this game so I can go Beastmode on them with the 25th character.

+ Birdman-716 on July 6th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

A Kevin Butler hidden character needs to happen! lol

+ THATMATTKID on July 6th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Absolutely loving these, the last game I pre ordered was Timesplitters 2, I think you guys have just changed that :) What’s it like working on a project like this, I can imagine you guys have a great time researching and inventing all the moves and costumes.

+ letherclad on July 6th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

I’m excited to see who is announced tonight, I liked what you did at E3 when you announced a 1st party obvious choice then a 2nd character that caught you by surprise.

I’m crossing my fingers that Kiryu from Yakuza makes it in!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6