Horizon Zero Dawn

Jul 06

Jul 06

Pre-Order Bonuses and Release Date for PlayStation All-Stars

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

It’s only been a few weeks since E3, and the Internet has been set ablaze with anticipation for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale! We announced new fighters Nathan Drake and Big Daddy, and that PlayStation All-Stars will have a PlayStation Vita release when it launches later this year – so you’ll be able to take the battle with you on the go, or experience cross-platform matches against your friends whether you’re playing on PS3 or PS Vita.

We’ve been thrilled to hear all of the great responses to the news about the game so far, and have been reading all of your questions and comments on the blogs and forums. While we’ll get to answering all of them soon enough, today we’re going to be answering a couple of the more popular ones: “Why pre-order?” and “When is the game coming out?”

Aside from making sure you’ve got a copy on day one, pre-ordering will snag you an exclusive set of costumes for all of the characters in the game! Here are the outfits for the roster so far, but be sure to check back in with us later when we unveil them all.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Pre-Order Costumes

We’ve revealed eight characters already, but you’ll have to wait until our announcement later today to see who else will be in the ring. We will be unveiling two new characters during our Exhibition Presentation at EVO in Las Vegas this evening at 6:00pm PST. So if you’re in town for the tournament, stop by and check us out or tune in to the PS.Blog for more information.

When the game launches, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to unlock multiple costumes for each character, but these exclusive costumes will only be available if you pre-order. And yes, they’ll be available right when you start playing the game!

I’ll leave you with one last update: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will be launching on October 23rd, 2012! We’ll have plenty more details on the game — including pricing for both the PS3 and PS Vita versions — soon enough, but we wanted to give you a date to mark on your calendars. Be sure to head over to a participating retailer to reserve your copy today!

Add Your Own

TrueInfiny said:

July 6th, 12:00 pm

Can we expect Kevin Butler as a playable character some day? :D

IcedDice777 said:

July 6th, 12:02 pm

Hello Cristian, My question is…is there going to be a Special/Limited Edition of Playstation All Stars? btw…please consider having cameo appearances by characters from the playstation 1 vast library. Tomba, Rudy from Wild Arms, Croc, Robbit, ect ect… Man, there’s so many Old school characters to make this game awesome. Thank You

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

July 6th, 12:35 pm

We won’t have a limited edition for the game, but we have plenty to share regarding other characters and cameos. Keep an eye out!

Hatberserker said:

July 6th, 12:02 pm

You guys hafta put Kat from Gravity Rush in! Shes the queen of vita!

hajile said:

July 6th, 12:02 pm

YES!!! Thank you for providing a release date!!!! I thought it would release in late December!! THANK YOU!!! And the fact that this game is releasing for both the vita and ps3 with crossplay is complete fan service!!! This rocks! Day one buy for me!

Cant w8 to see the character reveals!

eddieanton said:

July 6th, 12:10 pm

Something is bothering me big time.. this game is called “Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale”, and yet people are asking for way.. WAY!.. too many 3rd party characters that i couldn’t care less about.. for each “Big Daddy” we get there’s one slot less for say.. “Tomba”, i really hope the ratio is at least 85% – 90% first party and 15% – 10% third party, if not you might as well change the name to “Characters Who Happen to Appear on Playstation Consoles Battle-Royale” or similar.

And if for some odd reason the 1st/3rd party ratio is.. *shudders* 50 – 50, then at the very least i hope you plan on doing character DLC.

D-Squad3 said:

July 6th, 12:13 pm

So no Collector’s Edition?

EnderSocks said:

July 6th, 12:14 pm

Please don’t take any offense to the fallowing because I’m really not trying to be offensive.

Right now, I don’t have any motivation to pre-order this. Yeah it looks good, and u get free costumes when u pre-order, whoo-hoo, but at this point, we know so little about this title that pre-ordering would be foolish. This game is launching in just 3 months, and we still dont know if it has multiple game types, a full roster, a discount for buying both versions, or a story mode.

I’m a long time smash bros. player, not a fanboy (I own both ps3 and vita, as well as the big N’s consoles). When I first saw this game I thought what a lot of people probably thought, “finally, playstation is taking a crack at this, I can’t wait”. But from what I have seen so far, and how it compares, i would have to see a lot more before I decide to pick this up, much less pre-order.

I know u guys have it all under control, and this comment isnt going to change the schedule in which you choose to reveal certain things, but I’m saying all this to let you know my, and most likely a few others’, opinion at this point. And I really do hope this shapes up to be a blockbuster title.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

July 6th, 12:37 pm

We totally understand where you’re coming from, EnderSocks. Some people are already stoked and some people are still waiting to see why they should get it. All we can do is put the info out there for your to see and decide for yourself. Hopefully, our upcoming reveals will convince you of something we already know on this side– it’s gonna be awesome =)

itsJose said:

July 6th, 12:14 pm

Just for bragging rights, can I get my PS Share idea to get a PS Vita version of this game in “ideas in action” ;)
COUGH IDEA NUMBER 55610 COUGH

Spiroff23 said:

July 6th, 12:15 pm

Also my big wish is for Crash and Spyro to be in it, I know everyone’s saying them, but they made PlayStation back in the day, they have to be in it! I guarantee you preorder’s will skyrocket even more once theyre announced! Also having Cloud or Sephiroth from Final Fantasy or Sora from Kingdom Hearts would be even more perfect! (Characters that also made their name on PlayStation :P)

Redemption94 said:

July 6th, 12:17 pm

If there is one character that is a MUST, it is Cloud from FF7. That would make this game AWESOME!!

EnderSocks said:

July 6th, 12:22 pm

Oh wait, one more thing. I know u can’t tell us anything, but it would be great to know if the digital version will cover both systems. Like how with the upcoming title Sound Shapes, if u buy it on PS store, u get it on both consoles. That’s something I really wish all cross-plats would adopt. Please consider if it’s not too late :/

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

July 6th, 12:40 pm

We’re considering and will let you know once we’ve got an answer in place!

TANZEB123 said:

July 6th, 12:25 pm

let me speak in Colonel Radec’s language:
Do not toy with me Cristian. Give me the roster data, Kaz Hirai said they were here.

LuiSpartanMIMIMI said:

July 6th, 12:27 pm

Sony & SuperBot, i’m really looking to buy this game, but I ask you just one thing:

You MUST include Gabe Logan from Syphon Filter in the game! As my avatar show, i’m a great fan of him, and he’s with Playstation since PS1 days.

He more then deserves to be in the cast, I’d say that deserves more than others caracters, like Fat Princess and Rarappa.

So… no Gabe Logan, NO BUY!

Dessron said:

July 6th, 12:30 pm

@109: I totally agree, Kat and/or Raven would be an awesome charater in this game.I already imagine the kind of moveset she could have, reversing gravity for the special attacks would be awesome. Anyway, I might end up using Sly since I’m quite used to fast characters (I’ve been using Fox in the Smash Bros series since Melee)

HyperStory said:

July 6th, 12:30 pm

Cristian, I just wanted to thank you for being so considerate and vocal with the community, I’ve never seen so many replies. As my sincere thanks, I will not relentlessly bug you to make sure Crash Bandicoot is in the game, I… I promise… ಠ_ಠ

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

July 6th, 12:44 pm

Thanks! =D

Bug away, and I will do my best to not really answer your questions. Muahah! B)

packy17 said:

July 6th, 12:53 pm

I know you’re not going to say anything, but I’m assuming with 98% probability that some version of Snake is in the game. I humbly request (either in the form of DLC or a quick draw-up prior to launch) that Old Big Boss, circa MGS4, be added to the game as either a separate playable character or a costume swap for Snake. That would be challenging since the voice actors are different, but I’d be eternally happy.

ItaChu said:

July 6th, 12:54 pm

October …..??? sorry sony Assassins Creed and Resident Evil come out in october ….. i wont be getting this :) maybe for christmas :)

TONESTER_925 said:

July 6th, 12:54 pm

I say we tie Mr. Cardona up and get all the answers. Or feed him to the sharks! lol

CFD13 said:

July 6th, 12:59 pm

Please add Goku to the roster! He’s made an appearance on every playstation console and deserves a spot in PSASBR!

J102EDE said:

July 6th, 1:06 pm

Pretty sure ill by this, I may buy 20 copies though if sora from Kingdom Hearts is in, wink wink nudge nudge.

J102EDE said:

July 6th, 1:07 pm

*buy

freakoutkid said:

July 6th, 1:07 pm

^ YES GOKU would be perfect for playstation all stars! Superbot definitely needs to add him, and as CFD13 pointed out he has been on all the playstation consoles and has been in more playstation games then all the already announced characters. Please make this happen!

iTofuMan said:

July 6th, 1:09 pm

I dont get why people have to hate on others just because they dont know every single detail about this game. i gotta admit i have not been up to date with this game, so i was kind of confused as to why they are showing so little characters.
My question though is, for pre-order wise will it be only the 10? or is every character getting a pre-order costume? either way ill be pre-ordering this game. Also would be nice if i am going to pre-order if there will be a bundle for both game, i would rather pre-order both in a bundle than both individuality probably costing close to 100$ whereas bundle wise would probably only cost around 70$.

Also please have some portable reps. Kat from Gravity Rush would be great, as would Zack Fair (although i guess you’d need Square permission) cant wait to see all the character wish it was October already to play.

Lastly is there any talk about beta, or demo coming out near or around release date for people to try out the game, and getting use to it? it would be nice to have it for PS+ members.

Gooddaysfall said:

July 6th, 1:11 pm

Plz answer this Will DLC work across both PS3 & PSVita? Like If I get PS3 version pre-ordered and get those costumes day one then if I pick up the PSVita one later I can download those on to my vita and all future DLC vicevirsa between them?

XvXCRUZXvX said:

July 6th, 1:13 pm

will you guys have a bundle for ps3+vita version such as mlb the show? as i plan on picking up both!

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

July 6th, 1:19 pm

WOO!!! COMING OUT ON MY BIRTHDAY!

(caps lock was needed for this comment)

Can’t wait to here more tonight and more at Comic Con.

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

July 6th, 1:20 pm

^hear.

Derp.

KnaveX said:

July 6th, 1:21 pm

Well guess who’s excited AGAIN. I just hope Drake’s fluidity has been dealt with, everything I saw from E3 made me feel like the character was extremely rushed to reveal at the expo. I love Drake, might be one of Uncharted’s biggest fans, so it bugs me to see things like the barrel and his zipline just pop out of thin air with no fluid transition at all. It makes this game seem like a flash game in that aspect. Every other character looks really smooth, so having his Super (The falling wall) just clip out of the game in half a second looks pretty terrible. But Im convinced this was just a timing issue. Also you should really consider a collectors edition. Who wouldnt want one of this game?

tusunami said:

July 6th, 1:22 pm

This definately looks cools, can’t wait for it to come out Ps Vita purchase fo sho.

KnaveX said:

July 6th, 1:26 pm

Also this game needs a website done right. With character profiles and movies and whatnot, people need to understand what this game is, a fanservice, and understand what its doing differently and what its doing right. All the regular guy has to see right now is a bunch of random gameplay clips that dont really say much about the depth of this title. People need this. Origin pages, Stage descriptions, reveal teasers, user interactivity is all needed to create an established fanbase and a solid group of followers up to release!

Teflon02 said:

July 6th, 1:26 pm

this has nothing to do with PSABR, but honestly.
WHAT IS SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH PSBLOG SHARE. Since It’s been released I’ve had literally over 10 Ideas and ALL but 1 gets declined. But why it pisses me off is the fact there is no duplicates and they are all based off logical things. What makes it worse is, You guys accepted a idea from someone asking for Pokemon on Vita, LITERALLY!!!! But You won’t accept me asking for a FUNimation App for Vita and PS3? Really!? FUNimation announced apps coming out for it which is why I asked. I asked way back when for a actual Crackle app on ps3, and ignored, fine. I was like someone probably has, but then I checked and no one asked for one for Vita, So I Posted that and guess what DECLINED earlier this year. Now look it was announced that it will be coming to Vita this summer. Counter productive if you ask me. Honestly, What is wrong with everyone behind it. My ideas getting declined because the word app or something? smh

djking1994_red said:

July 6th, 1:29 pm

Superbot Entertainment PUT a PSN Demo up.

Legendary57BASED said:

July 6th, 1:29 pm

Eh..Kind Of On The Edge About This One. Gimmie Cloud And Sephiroth And I’ll Buy 2 Copies.

gson44 said:

July 6th, 1:31 pm

will there be more gamemode in this game

Cck17 said:

July 6th, 1:32 pm

I can’t wait! I hope Sora, Spyro And Crash get in.

I see you are being VERY tight lipped. :/ lol

Anyways, gonna preorder ASAP I love Super Smash Brothers, So I know I will enjoy this, just make sure not to put the tags as SSB/Super Smash again. ;) Probably wasn’t your best idea.

Trigonometrize said:

July 6th, 1:33 pm

Cloud, Sora, Crash, Ezio (or any assassin), sackboy, Snake, and Ratchet are all musts for me. Gonna be sweet!

jimmyfoxhound said:

July 6th, 1:41 pm

10 characters is too low a number for a fighting game. Shame, this coulda been a good title.

Deekman said:

July 6th, 1:45 pm

The only thing that would get me to buy this game would be to include Kazuma Kiryu as a fighter.

excaliber45 said:

July 6th, 1:50 pm

I bet you Scheduled Maintenance will be a game breaking character; just you watch.

harley2947 said:

July 6th, 1:51 pm

Hey Cristian, Can you make sure that Paul, AKA Pauls To The Wall gets to interview you guys garunteed?

Gooddaysfall said:

July 6th, 1:52 pm

I can’t wait to try this at Comic-con next week!

excaliber45 said:

July 6th, 1:53 pm

Also: since we’re askign for characters don’t forget the Patapons :)

kdiep said:

July 6th, 1:55 pm

Does this game have cloud saving? If so, are you doing decently discounted PSVita + PS3 bundle? I like this “play anywhere” idea. Oh and you guys should get some behind the scenes videos made. I’d love to watch you guys go through all those IPs and the problems you encounter when (re-)creating so beloved characters.

raymondfundora said:

July 6th, 2:03 pm

Hey Superbot, Just wanted to ask if The original voice cast of the characters are going to be in there. Furthermore, i think that you’re looking at the comment section, looking at what people are asking for and you jot them down on your notepad, and give them to the staff to make them, just like a fast food restaurant. :D

Davidgui said:

July 6th, 2:07 pm

Well, I’m glad that I managed to pre-order this just recently! Can’t wait to get my hands on the game. Can I have Wander from Shadow of the Colossus, pretty please?

MillerWireless said:

July 6th, 2:11 pm

Come on please put Crash Bandicoot in Allstars.

Heavenly_king said:

July 6th, 2:19 pm

Can a mod erase my comment on the first page?? it is comment #4. Since I misunderstood the announcement, I think it is better to erase it ;)

GMH30 said:

July 6th, 2:26 pm

any chance of gex making the roster?

jeffsmither said:

July 6th, 2:48 pm

Any add-on characters in the mix?

I also would like to see-
Ape escape character
mega man
Mortal Kombat character
Duke Nukem

AndresEBR said:

July 6th, 2:50 pm

any chance for Cloud, Crash and Sora (and/or Riku) to be in this game?