Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jul 13

Jul 13

Watch the Beyond: Two Souls Comic-Con Panel Now

David Cage's Avatar Posted by Director, Quantic Dream

Greetings! Yesterday was my first time at San Diego Comic-Con and I was amazed at the people I saw! What costumes! It’s great to see so many people embracing their passion.

After such an amazing E3, I was lucky enough to come here to speak to some incredible supporters of the game in a panel hosted by IGN’s Greg Miller. Joining me was the lovely and talented Ellen Page, who we are very lucky to have playing BEYOND‘s main character, Jodie Holmes. We had a great discussion about how we are combining the latest in performance capture technology and amazing acting talent in the hopes of creating a truly unique and emotional experience for all of you to enjoy. We were also happy to reveal additional talented cast members, Kadeem Hardison and Eric Winter, experienced actors who you may have seen both on TV and film.

Please enjoy a recap of our Comic-Con panel above. And on behalf of the team at Quantic Dream, thank you so much for your support so far. We are hard at work and look forward to sharing more about BEYOND soon.

‘Til then… Adieu!

Add Your Own

Kchow23 said:

July 13th, 11:58 am

Awesome! Glad that you guys put the panel online for those who couldn’t go. Really looking forward to Beyond!

redemptivefrog said:

July 13th, 12:02 pm

didn’t watch or listen yet, but i’m super excited for this game Dave. Should really check out Heavy Rain while I’m waiting :)

how does revenue for these games work? does your production company still get any money from new sales? I want to know if it’s a terrible sin to buy it used :P

trapper12 said:

July 13th, 12:10 pm

I’m so glad to watch this. Makes me want Beyond: Two Souls even more now. Mr. Cage, you’re doing a terrific job on handling the quality of your games and I can not wait to play this experience. I hope Sony buys QD and have you guys under their WorldWide Studios as the talented developers you guys really are. You really deserve it!

helbertpina said:

July 13th, 12:24 pm

Indigo Prophecy on Vita… that would be pretty cool. They could add Trophies and touch control tweaks… I’d buy it!

onisat said:

July 13th, 12:26 pm

Good to see more info on this game. I am patiently awaiting it’s release.

bmart008 said:

July 13th, 12:44 pm

This is pretty cool, looks like an interesting game and it must be fun for the actors to do, despite being all covered in dots. It looks like Playstation is really pushing performances in games, first with the Uncharted franchise, and now heavy rain and Beyond.

I think this ground work will lead to a more mature game industry. It’s exciting.

MakoSOLIDER said:

July 13th, 12:47 pm

I’m a huge fan of Heavy Rain and the narrative style of Cage;s games. A huge part part of them is interactivity where I felt as if I were the person making the decision and thats what matters. However, I have a question for David: Do you think playing Twister on the controler might ever make u loose focus on the game and story itself? When ur pushing certain buttons and holding others it prevents u from forgetting that ur this character sometimes I think. Is there any other way which it cud be done? If u look at a game like UNCHARTED ur basically playing through a movie watching stuff blow up around u and u the player are in the middle of it. Thats immersion and u forget ur holding a controller. The choice in Heavy Rain is whats stands out and the story speaks for itself. Honestly I forgot what I was trying to say anymore…..either way I cant wait for this!

Also, can we get it on US PS Store?

DZORMAGEN said:

July 13th, 12:48 pm

BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gamemasta123 said:

July 13th, 1:08 pm

This game looks awesome. Can’t wait to see Sundays showing of PS all stars and the 2 character reveals. fingers crossed for Jak and Ratchet!

SKeRJ said:

July 13th, 1:13 pm

I’d give so many monies for a new Omikron, we have systems capable of realizing the potential of the project now.

ALAN_COB said:

July 13th, 1:24 pm

hello, I recently signed a plus, and I can not download any game that has more than 2.3 gb …
when I try to download immediately arises a post saying the following: HTTP Status Code 502 Server Error has occured and I can not download the game
someone has a solution for this, this happened to anyone else?
Please really need help!

furlowguy134 said:

July 13th, 1:26 pm

have a request when ever yall decide to give us psone games theres one called jade cacoon can u plz add it to the playstation store ………..JADE CACOON………

Sephir007 said:

July 13th, 1:35 pm

Congratulations David, I admire your initiative and effort for developing this kind of games, the game is looking great, can’t wait for it, I hope we can get to preorder the game via PSN STORE.

Thank You!

D-Squad3 said:

July 13th, 3:25 pm

Much respect to you David Cage, I’m a big fan of Heavy Rain and I’m definitely going to get BEYOND!

BigStack007 said:

July 13th, 3:54 pm

Looking forward to Counter Strike G.O.

BigStack007 said:

July 13th, 3:56 pm

Looking forward to Counter Strike GO. Beyond might be cool as well.

Ender_Bean said:

July 13th, 5:05 pm

I am very excited for this game. Would really love if someone released Indigo Prophecy on PSN as well as a PS2 Classic.

Satnamji said:

July 13th, 5:15 pm

Sorry “Last of Us” and “Bioshock Infinite,” but “BEYOND” has officially become my most anticipated game of 2013.

proud2be said:

July 13th, 5:16 pm

I SURE WISHED I COULD OF HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO COMIC CON…. :( …maybe 1 these dayz.

ABNVOX said:

July 13th, 5:57 pm

this game is going to be really badass. i cant wait.

valleyshrew said:

July 13th, 7:06 pm

HR is my favourite PS3 exclusive. But I am very weary of this. Cage has previously said HR proved they didn’t need to rely on supernatural elements or monsters (the few bits were harshly criticised), but his next game is doing exactly that! Heavy Rain was special because it was not over the top fantasy, but subtle drama unlike any other game. It felt as real as a movie with very immersively human settings. Killing 1 person was more intellectually significant than killing 1000 in another game. This seems like it will be just another crazy fantasy game. Why does Cage think players want to be told what the afterlife is? All it can do is alienate the majority of players since most of us do not share the same views. I don’t mind fantasy if it’s super heroes or magic, but this is blatantly playing off of the delusional and harmful beliefs of real life people in ghosts, telepathy etcetera and that makes me uncomfortable. In HR a character could die and play continues but this has only 1 protagonist (who seems like a villain). The interactive complexity will decrease drastically and that was the raison d’être for HR. HR was IMO a greater work of art than any film and I’ve pre-ordered this already, so please prove me wrong David!

kdiep said:

July 13th, 7:15 pm

I was sold from the first E3 trailer. Now everything I hear after is just pure torture knowing that I won’t get my hands on this until next year. Great panel, wished it lasted a bit longer (11 minutes seems awfully short).

GMFCO311 said:

July 13th, 7:16 pm

I thought at first when The Last of Us was announced Ellen Page was in that game! So odd, she wasn’t. They got her look, just not her voice! And Then Beyond: Two Souls gets announced! :)

jose213jose said:

July 13th, 7:24 pm

This is so Beyond anything i seen from any video game so far. I love the game ready and can’t wait to get it by next year. Thanks for being awesome great games to PlayStation Family David.

Heavenly_king said:

July 13th, 7:24 pm

@4

ME TOO XD

Busca-Cabezas said:

July 13th, 11:43 pm

Ellen Page! Nuff said. :D

johngrose77 said:

July 13th, 11:50 pm

I am so excited for Beyond. It is what I want most right now. I loved Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy. Speaking of which, is Indigo Prophecy ever going to be released on PSN or as a PS2 classic. That would be so awesome. I am suprised it has not with Heavy Rain and Beyond being PS3 exclusive. I know Indigo Prophecy is a Xbox original on 360. So I hope it gets on PS store someway or another. Trophies would rock:P

Aspherion said:

July 14th, 2:50 am

I like how kadeem just contemplates david while he speaks.

ericscolon said:

July 14th, 7:33 am

Beyond: Two Souls was the only good thing at E3 and one of the very few games i’ll get on release day.

ericscolon said:

July 14th, 7:39 am

valleyshrew

Indigo Prophecy was still a great game even with the superantural story, Heavy Rain is just a more realistic version of Indigo Prophecy.

Matrix_Lion said:

July 14th, 11:19 am

I really love David Cage’s ambition and vision for his video games. Beyond: Two Souls will be something special.

VendettaLion said:

July 14th, 11:45 am

Titles with concepts like Beyond is what make PlayStation my go to for gaming. The diversity in experiences is unmatched with this platform and I am very pleased that Sony is backing this direction with their PlayStation Division. It’s the only place where a person who believe videogames are art can go and feel that sentiment is backed. Not on PC, not on other console platforms, but on the PlayStation. My sentiment is kinda “fanboy” but as a person who constantly looks for captivating content I purchase everything… and there was no better purchase for entertainment and experiences than with PlayStation. Keep up the great work and I hope this leads to more wonderful experiences going into the next console cycle.

samiamiamsam said: