PS4-Infamous

PlayStation Around The Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jul 15, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

In a few hours, San Diego Comic-Con International 2012 will draw to a close – but not before we have one final announcement. At 11am today, Superbot Interactive will take the stage for a panel where they’ll reveal the next two combatants to join the ranks of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. We’ll carry the news here, along with video reveals (much like we did at EVO last week).

And for those of you unable to attend Comic-Con in person (it was another sell out again this year), we’re crafting highlight reels of our four panels so you can see the highlights. Look for the last of those to be ready tomorrow (Beyond: Two Souls is ready now).

The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of July 9th, 2012)

+ KazeEternal on July 15th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

So Any chance of us PlayStation Plus gamers getting a discount on MGS HD Collection for PS Vita in August?! I’d really would like to take advantage of ‘Transfarring’ (terrible name).

Thank you Konami for the patch! It is everything I ever wanted for MGS4!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 15th, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

Next discounts will be announced soon. Even I haven’t seen them.

+ Airwalkinman17 on July 15th, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

MGS4 TROPHY PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!!!!!

Easily the most polished, most beautiful, most elegant gameplay implementation video game of all time!!!
Not that the game ever needed trophies, but this will be my most proud of Platinum Trophy I’ll ever have. So excited. Thanks Konami and Kojima Productions!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 15th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

i’m excited too, though I worry about the difficulty. Either way, we’ll be looking to publish the list in its entirety as soon as we can get ahold of it.

+ Manetheren17 on July 15th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

Dang, that street fighter pack just got better.

Problem is, if me and my brother split the cost, one of us won’t be able to get the avatars and some other stuff.

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 15th, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

Hey i’ve heard there’s more PSP games being made compatible, is it just Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories or is it a whole new list?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 15th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

This week it’s GTA: LCS and Midnight Club. More to come.

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 15th, 2012 at 11:28 am said:

I mean more PSP games being made available on PSN for the PS Vita

+ tbm0987 on July 15th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

any word on the vita firmware update yet??? can’t wait anymore!!!!! i want it now!!! waaaaaa!!!! lol hurry…………..”PLEASE!!!!!!!”

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 15th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

I’m really hoping for Phantasy Star Portable 2 whether it ever comes back to PSN or not. As long as I’m able to download it somehow even if it means using a PS3 to transfer.

+ SpiritThief on July 15th, 2012 at 1:37 pm said:

Metal Gear Solid 4 trophy patch. I hope its got some tough trophies.

A gold for the Big Boss emblem (Perfect Speedrun) or at least for beating the game on max difficulty. Those are the trophies wroth having. Something wroth showing off. Was sad they didn’t have one of those for MGS 3. 2 doesn’t have them but the dogtags require you to beat all difficulty levels.

Come on Konami give us something tough! We’ve had 4 years to master the game so BRING IT ON!

+ Kchow23 on July 15th, 2012 at 2:28 pm said:

Great set of links and by far the MGS4 patch and the ability to install the game instead of in between chapters was a megaton bomb! The article on how studios avoid closure is very interesting and no surprise some of the very best studios are on that list.

+ Kchow23 on July 15th, 2012 at 2:29 pm said:

Are we getting a video of the Last of Us and PS All-stars’ Comic Con panel like Beyond: Two Souls? Also, will there be a PS Vita patch any time soon? other than PS One Classics and support for the rest of PSP games.. there are some issues that I would love to see fixed.

+ MrBeatdown on July 15th, 2012 at 3:30 pm said:

That MGS4 patch came out of nowhere. I thought the chances of trophies ever happening went down the pot years ago. I’m thrilled it’s coming though. I bought MGS4 on release day, beat it, but didn’t go back to it since I was holding out for a patch. I can’t wait to get back into it.

I can’t wait to see the list. If you can, I’d love to hear about anything else in the patch. Supposedly we are getting a one time install option as well.

+ Skrivmeister on July 15th, 2012 at 3:37 pm said:

is Konami gonna put the online back in, when the trophies come out for MGS4?

+ Matrix_Lion on July 15th, 2012 at 3:53 pm said:

Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy patch confirmed for August YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

+ MrSignal on July 15th, 2012 at 6:39 pm said:

Hey Jeff, burning question if you mind passing it along to the guys at Namco Bandai.

They seem to have the Wizards edition of Ni No Kuni in their online store only. As many other gamers/fans of the developers have learned, they don’t ship to Canada/Mexico. Can you bug them to see if there is any plans to release one of the most stunning CE’s this year outside of the USA?

I got my hopes up and was let down rather badly by their very poor useage of “North America” in the press release.

+ bdawgtimes84 on July 15th, 2012 at 7:14 pm said:

Any chance of getting a new browser with the new update? Also will the UltraViolet instant streaming movies be playable on the Vita one day as well?

+ bdawgtimes84 on July 15th, 2012 at 7:27 pm said:

Im also surprised that you didnt list the Borderlands 2 news about on how Pitchford wants to Sony to help out with bringing Borderlands 2 to the Vita.

Make this happen please.

+ PsychoSploosh69 on July 15th, 2012 at 10:32 pm said:

Hey jeff, when is Gta Lcs going up on the store? tuesday?

+ TwinDad on July 16th, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

I’ve attended the SD Comic Convention since back in the 70′s.

Now PAX has taken over the small focused convention, I can’t wait for this year. Have plans yet for PS Blog and PAX Prime?