Minecraft PS4

PlayStation Blogcast 034: BEYOND Borderlands 2

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jul 19, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

We’re celebrating Dyad launch week here at PlayStation.Blog, so we welcome the game’s creator Shawn McGrath into Sid‘s vacant, but still warm chair. Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford talks Borderlands 2 in an interview, and details the improvements that PS3 owners will notice in the sequel. And I catch up with Kadeem Hardison, who at San Diego Comic-Con was unveiled to join Ellen Page as a character in BEYOND: Two Souls. He was in A Different World!

As you’ve come to expect, we’ll reveal next week’s PSN new releases, share PlayStation user tips, and answer your player queries. Anybody got a Dark Knight Rises ticket you’re not using?

Stuff We Talked About

• The Dark Knight Rises
  • Dyad is out now
  • Persona 3 Portable
  • How IMAX works
  • Dodgers 5, Phillies 3 (F/12 innings)
  • Fake Gene Shalit
  • Jeff for BlogcastOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Rey GutierrezOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Nick Suttner
    Official PlayStation.Blogcast: Shawn McGrathOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Randy PitchfordOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Dwayne Wayne

The Cast

• Jeff Rubenstein – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Manager
  • Rey Gutierrez – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Nick Suttner – PlayStation Sr. Product Evaluator
  • Shawn McGrath – Creator of Dyad
  • Kadeem Hardison – “Cole Freeman” in BEYOND: Two Souls
  • Randy Pitchford – CEO and President of Gearbox Software
  • [Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game
    details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating
    descriptions.]

Come back, Sid!

+ KILLO31 on July 19th, 2012 at 2:51 pm said:

Borderlands 2 <3

+ Shrapnel__ on July 19th, 2012 at 2:52 pm said:

Can someone please list the start time of the Borderlands 2 talk/interview?

-Thanks

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 19th, 2012 at 3:02 pm said:

Are we that unbearable to listen to??

Don’t answer that. It’s at about 17:00.

+ Victoryismine52 on July 19th, 2012 at 3:06 pm said:

I don’t normally listen but I saw Borderlands 2 so I’m in.

Can you tell me if Borderlands 2 will be released on PSN at launch and if so if it will include access to the premier club?
    I own the first on PSN and like the idea of adding this to my digital library but won’t give up being able to play this day one if it’s not coming so I want to know so i can preorder it if not. Thanks

+ Victoryismine52 on July 19th, 2012 at 3:08 pm said:

Oh I didn’t know you were on the Podcast Jeff you and your wife make all the mini’s right? I’ll give it a listen then BEYOND

+ snakeeyes211 on July 19th, 2012 at 3:10 pm said:

No you guys are not unbearable to listen to lol :-)

+ DrApollo on July 19th, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

My favorite podcast plus Borderlands 2! Perfect winning combo!

+ SAIYAN98 on July 19th, 2012 at 3:21 pm said:

When will there be an update for youtube on vita Jeff? I would like to be able to see someone’s channel, a subscribe button, and an automatic refresh on comments.

+ SiloEyes on July 19th, 2012 at 3:36 pm said:

Not unbearable to listen to at all.. well, maybe if I hear the words “Farm Fresh” one more time.. j/k j/k ;)

+ dragon_night on July 19th, 2012 at 3:56 pm said:

Digitize these on the store

-Bioshock full ps3 game
    – uncharted 3 full ps3 game
    -portal 2 full ps3 game
    -resistance 1-3 full ps3 games
    Killzone HD remake
    -killzone 2-3 full ps3 games
    -skyrim full ps3 game
    -kingdom hearts 1-2 HD collection

+ SKeRJ on July 19th, 2012 at 4:28 pm said:

Dwayne Wayne and his forever cool flip-up glasses tell me to listen to this one. Also I hope you guys are fulfilling Pitchford’s wishes (and our own) to get Borderlands 2 on the Vita.

+ CZ4200 on July 19th, 2012 at 4:42 pm said:

@9 dragon_night

that kingdom hearts collection should have chain of memories and birth by sleep too

+ StealthReborn– on July 19th, 2012 at 4:49 pm said:

Have a safe “trip” in Dyad Sid, lol. Come back soon! =)

+ emiru69 on July 19th, 2012 at 4:51 pm said:

I’m confused about the letters and the tip of the week… Does everyone mentioned on the Podcast gets a Dyad code? How and when do they get the code? thanks!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Nick Suttner on July 19th, 2012 at 5:29 pm said:

Yep, anyone whose letter or tip (or mystery theme winner) we read gets a code for that week. We send them out via e-mail as soon as we get a chance!

+ IMEMKU on July 19th, 2012 at 5:01 pm said:

great podcast i have a question is there any future psn vita games sale? also any news on frobisher says release date?

+ CZ4200 on July 19th, 2012 at 5:02 pm said:

we need more creappy eyes. half of the pics are not huge and creappy

+ PBrudz on July 19th, 2012 at 5:47 pm said:

I was really hoping for an update about Borderlands 2 for PSVita after Randy Pitchford’s comment earlier this month saying he’d like to see it happen.

+ DarkSeraphim666 on July 19th, 2012 at 7:29 pm said:

that sid gif is funny as hell lol

+ jeffsmither on July 19th, 2012 at 8:31 pm said:

Any word on Micky mina for PS1 that was suppose to come out 2 weeks ago on psn?

+ Shrapnel__ on July 19th, 2012 at 9:52 pm said:

“It’s at about 17:00.”

+ Deekman on July 20th, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

Great show. Not sure if this is the best place to request it but can we get Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops working on Vita please?

+ Deekman on July 20th, 2012 at 7:42 am said:

@jeffsmither http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/08/the-drop-week-of-july-9th-2012-new-releases/
    They mention here that because it’s a PAL game it’s never coming out in the US store.

+ jacob_w_18 on July 20th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

We would be in “a different world’ if Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops worked on the Vita! PLEASE someone get that game working. DWAYNE WAYNE 4 Life…nevermind!

+ jacob_w_18 on July 20th, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

Oh and great blogcast as always! Was distracted by those glasses…

+ ItaChu on July 21st, 2012 at 4:26 am said:

Stuff We Talked About: The Dark Knight Rises. ……. Ok ill pass on this podcast until next week when I see it lol you guys went crazy with Prometheus and i dont wanna hear it with batman lol

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Nick Suttner on July 21st, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

Don’t worry, we hadn’t even seen it yet, just talked about going to see it and such, nothing remotely spoilery. I’m pretty crazily anti-spoiler, so anything that’s ever too close will get beeped.

+ wilk2842079 on July 21st, 2012 at 6:43 am said:

Borderlands on the VITA <3 Make it happen! it's a system seller !

+ vanwinkle on July 21st, 2012 at 6:57 pm said:

The more I listen to this show, the more I realize Sid and I couldn’t possibly have more different tastes in movies, lol.

+ BlueBl1zzard on July 21st, 2012 at 9:13 pm said:

Like always great episode, really enjoyed the interviews. I must say I’m really glad I listened, because I was on the fence about getting Dyad, but I trusted in the beards (Nick and Shawn) and picked it up. I’m really enjoying the game so far and I’ll admit it does get pretty challenging, but never frustrating to where you want to throw your controller or break something or the likes. It’s actually kinda like gambling (not that I gamble) in the sense that you either do really bad and have to try again, or get really close and want to try it one more time. To anyone who is considering whether they should get this game, I strongly recommend it.

And I’m pretty proud of myself
    Level 4 (game): 81 place out of 3164 (right now) on the global leaderboards :)

+ StealthBlade98 on July 22nd, 2012 at 5:43 am said:

I personally can’t wait for borderlands 2, the first was so much fun unfortunately I didn’t have many people to play it with. I hope i’m able to play the second game with someone :)

+ Elvick_ on July 23rd, 2012 at 2:00 am said:

Listening, and I really respect Shawn now. Great attitude.