Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jul 31

Jul 31

Crunchyroll App Out Now on PS3, Brings Anime and Asian Drama To Your TV

Michelle Chen's Avatar Posted by VP of Product, Crunchyroll

Crunchyroll on PS3

Hi, anime and Asian drama fans out there. Today, we launched the Crunchyroll app on PlayStation 3! The app allows Crunchyroll premium members to watch our entire catalog of anime and Asian drama, while free members can stream a sizeable collection of our content. You can learn more about our membership plans and pricing here, and you’ll be able to sign up for a free 30-day trial on your PS3.

Crunchyroll has hundreds of Japanese anime titles across a myriad of genres. The app includes access to our simulcast titles, usually available a few hours after the first broadcast in Japan. My personal favorite is Gosick, a series full of mystery, history, and romance. It’s true — anime is not just for guys.

Crunchyroll on PS3Crunchyroll on PS3

We hope you enjoy watching anime and Asian drama on Crunchyroll!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Cyber_Goth_Night said:

August 1st, 3:35 pm

on psn web browser search Crunchyroll and it works good it just take a while for it to load up

Kefkaspawn said:

August 1st, 6:54 pm

I’m having the same problem as Teflon02. I downloaded the app on my ps3 went to sign up for my free 30 day trial , it asked for a zip/postal code but when I go to type in my postal code I can only type in numbers not numbers and letters , which means I can’t type in a postal code since it has letters. But reading all the complaints I don’t know if I want to or not also I’m use to us Canadians getting shafted with ps3 apps and what not. Maybe this so called patch will fix the sign up problem also if your going to pay a monthly fee at least let it be worth it.

Solidmgsnake said:

August 1st, 7:22 pm

If anything needs apps, its the Vita. Bring this to the vita please!

EXQUISITEEMPRESS said:

August 1st, 7:38 pm

My favorite anime app is now on my favorite console. Things just keep getting better and better ;)

EXQUISITEEMPRESS said:

August 1st, 7:42 pm

Of course it would be better if all the content was free like most anime but I guess they have to make a profit somehow.

robonobe said:

August 1st, 8:33 pm

its really bugy and keeps on freezing.

Bionicle123 said:

August 1st, 9:13 pm

YES!!! Right!!! Sony Right!!

KnifingGrimace said:

August 1st, 9:55 pm

Gave this program a shot earlier. There were a few samples of series, so I checked out episode 1 of Saint Seiya Omega. The show itself was enjoyable, but there was a lot of lag and choppiness along with poor visual quality. It’s a nice little free application when I really want to watch some cheap anime, but I can’t imagine paying for the full service instead of Netflix or Hulu Plus. I will definitely watch for updates.

Sanji909 said:

August 1st, 10:13 pm

@89 RyanSaotome: Thanks for the info. Yeah, you’re right. It’s based on personal preference and taste. =)

CaptainJames99 said:

August 1st, 11:34 pm

@knifinggrimace a lot of us have the same problem, that and cant use it outside usa is why I’m giving it a pass. About all its good for as of now is finding what I want on bluray.

Joe-TFW said:

August 2nd, 8:02 am

Not a great app. Not a huge anime fan, but figured I’d give it a shot. An extra video service app can only be a good thing…right? Unfortunately not.

The selection is smaller than I expected. The layout is not the most intuitivel. Worst of all, the video player is terrible. Video loads incredibly slowly, has poor playback options, freezes and crashes. This app, at this time, is certainly not ready for mass consumption and needs some work to be a worthwhile download. Good idea, and could eventually be worth investing in, but not right now.

ItaChu said:

August 2nd, 8:18 am

using the website on the ps3 internet browser is way better than using this ps3 app …..the developers should feel very bad about that

ItaChu said:

August 2nd, 8:19 am

oh yeah and another thing i hope the Crackle Vita app is exactly like the Google Chrome Crackle web browser app that would be good :)

Oxybelis said:

August 2nd, 9:35 am

Gosick eh… It’s a long road to develop a taste. Look for Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor

Randinator-_001 said:

August 2nd, 3:00 pm

i did not enjoy this app at all. the animes are only on japanese dialogue and witn spanish sub -_-. do we even have the option to change language and the sub language ? also, it crashes kinda often, i’ll just wait for Neon Alley, crunchyroll fails.

Linklex7 said:

August 3rd, 8:30 am

Very interesting app. Can’t wait to check it out. I’m ok with the anime being dubbed. Doesn’t make too much of a difference to me.

nightcrawler102 said:

August 3rd, 4:41 pm

Downloaded it this morning…NICE!

mikedo2007 said:

August 4th, 7:22 am

I downloaded this app, but my criticism is that I have to be a premium member to watch all the anime and dramas on my PS3. Yet on my android phone I can watch all those without being a premium member. Come on, CR. Why make PS3 viewer get premium to watch anime and dramas?

PAGE 1 2 3