PS4-Infamous

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Launching September 25th in North America

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar + Posted by Simon Rosenkotter on Aug 02, 2012 // Community Coordinator, Tarsier Studios

PSVita_LBP_JewelCase_Front

It’s time. Time to reveal the LittleBigPlanet PS Vita release date! The game will be available in North America on Tuesday, September 25th. That’s right, in just a few short weeks you’ll experience Sackboy’s next adventure, set on the mysterious traveling planet of Carnivalia.

We’ve put together a featurette video for the game, which you can watch up at the top of this post. The video will tell you a little bit more about LittleBigPlanet Vita’s story.

Thanks to PS Vita’s unique features, you’ll be able to play completely new game experiences and share your levels with the world wherever you are and whenever you feel like it. You can take pictures of anything you see while you’re out and about, and use them to decorate Sackboy or customize your level. It’s never been easier to make your cat or dog the hero of your level!

By the way, it’s not too late to pre-order the game and get some bonus BioShock or Knights of Old costumes.

PAGE 1 2

+ ItaChu on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

for some weird reason i knew it was coming out in september lol

+ JimmyHACK on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

Sweet. Digital version people going to get any of the sweet pre-order dlc?

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

This is something we are looking into right now. We should have some good news for all those of you who wish to buy the digital version shortly.

+ DaMann22 on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

Hooray, can’t wait for this. Now I just need release dates for Ragnarok Odyssey, New Little King Story, Soul Sacrifice, Jet Set Radio, etc.

+ BriarPatch512 on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

That’s great news! I’ve got to order my copy now! Just need dates for Karting and Sly now.

+ denis_a007 on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

September’s gonna rock with Ragnarok Odyssey and LBP!

+ Seruh_ on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:21 am said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY

+ JimmyHACK on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:21 am said:

In reference to my question about dlc and digital buyers… tarsier said “We are looking into goodies for buyers of the digital version and we should have some good news for you soon. Keep your eyes peeled”

sweet, thanks Simon

+ KirbyIsAwesome on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!! But how big will the game’s file size be?

+ G-Force08 on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

In the words of Mr. Charles Montgomery “Monty” Burns, “Excellent.”

=]

Day one for sure.

+ MushThePainter on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:25 am said:

Is that a planet in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

+ SAIYAN98 on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:34 am said:

Simon, so do we only get to pick one set of pre order costumes or both? I’m definetely picking the bioshock costumes if you can only pick one!

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

I believe that is the case. But it might worth checking at different retailers. In any case, these costumes will become available at some point on the PS Store. But not for a very long time and the colour scheme of the Knights of Old costumes is exclusive to the pre-order.

+ CatatonicAlex on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:34 am said:

ABOUT DAMN TIME! Gimmie gimmie gimmie!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:37 am said:

Really looking forward to getting this game (digitally from the PS Store). Will there be a demo a few weeks earlier to help tide us over?

I’m also interested to see how this will work with LBP2 on PS3. Will that functionality be available at launch?

+ DarkOne_PR on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:40 am said:

Reserved mine like a week ago! If u reserve at gamestop u get both customs! XD

I was very pleased with the beta it was awesome! (the touch controls werent as responsive in some lvls but i think it was bc it was a beta) but apart of that, LOVE IT!

Hoping the story its good! for what i see it will be! :)

+ bmart008 on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:42 am said:

I’ll certainly be grabbing this, but digitally! So please give us the week one dlc for digital users!

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

As said above, keep your eyes peeled for an announcement regarding bonus content for digital users! :)

+ JimmyHACK on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

@14 you get them both from Amazon and Gamestop. So it’s pretty nice it’s not split up everywhere

+ RenderMonk on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:49 am said:

Thought I’d add my two cents about digital downloads. I personally find digital downloads perfect for a portable device. Not having to swap out discs or cards sounds menial enough, but there’s just something about being able to power on your device, and have all that you need/want ready at your disposal with nothing else required to get playing. All that to say, I can’t wait for LBP Vita, and will be buying it digitally, as it’s a game I plan on playing a lot and often, so I won’t want to have to swap out game cards everytime I want to play the latest hot new level!

+ ABNVOX on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:50 am said:

hell yes! today is my birthday and you guys announce the release date of my most wanted vita game! thanks for the sweet birthday present! :)

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:54 am said:

Happy Birthday, ABNVOX.

+ ABNVOX on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:54 am said:

thanks simon!!

+ pounceapex on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:58 am said:

If only grad school wasn’t starting a month before. Hopefully this game will not get in the way.

+ Curtisio on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:58 am said:

I love both LBP 1 and 2. The PSP version just didn’t rock for me, sadly, so I’m crossing my fingers on this one. Too bad I didn’t get to play the beta.

+ DarkOne_PR on August 2nd, 2012 at 8:59 am said:

haha ABNVOX my birthday its in september 30! but i wont wait those 5 days XD

BTW: Im calling it now. this game 9.5/10 – 10/10

+ Curtisio on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:00 am said:

Will this version have sticker panel and hologram materials?

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

Yes, those two materials are extremely useful so there was no way we could not include them. :)

+ DZORMAGEN on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:00 am said:

What is this PlayStation Vita you say? I never heard of it. What can it do??

+ Link01 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:03 am said:

Thanks guys! I was wondering about the pre order bonus for the digital version too. Is the digital version going to be the standard %10 off price?

+ DeathKidd on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

Yay awesome news!

All that’s left to hear is Ragnarok Odyssey now.

+ Curtisio on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

First, thanks for answering my question about the materials.

Second, thank you for making this game for Vita!

+ ultimatedarklord on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

@ Simon I want the game and the beta was great, but in the beta the saving took ridiculously a lot of time and the levels or menu wouldn’t load while the saving indicator was on and it kept like that for minutes that I couldn’t do anything. Before I decide if I will buy it, I would like to know if either that was a beta problem or if that has been already fixed. Otherwise I won’t buy a game that takes forever to load at random times and after I download a level.

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

We have made many improvements to the whole game since the beta and we will continue to improve it after the release. :)

+ ccrogers15 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Who cares. I doubt many people still even have there vita. The vita was abandoned, so people got ticked and sold theres.

+ ccrogers15 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Us fans dont like being lied too. We were promised PSone classic support. Nothing. We were promised all psp games available to play emulated. Nothing. Stop lying to us.

+ Suicide_Surfer on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

This might be the reason i get a VITA. Do you have any idea when we might start seeing some reviews roll in?

+ macy113 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

IT Comes the day after my birthday! love you guys <3

+ macy113 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

also this release date was leaked on certain websites. :D

+ snakeeyes211 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

Awesome

+ D-Squad3 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

Nice, I was expecting later than September. This is great news.

+ MakoSOLIDER on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

Comes out 15 days after my birthday! thx guys! Day 1 digital purchase. Can u do a digital preorder like Sound Shapes?

+ IIL0YDII on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

Will there be a preorder in PSN to get bonuses like retail copies preorders?or it’s better to get retail and skip digital version?

+ JimmyHACK on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

@37 read his earlier replies.. details about digital and preorder dlc soon.

+ cecil322 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Omfg can’t wait had this preordered for the last 3 months paid off can’t wait sept.25 plus same day the avengers blu ray can’t wait

+ ultimatedarklord on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Thanks for the reply Simon. I’ll take your word for it.

+ KiKO4LiFE-2008 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

Any details about the prices for digital version (The game, DLCs) ?

cuz I want to put my budget balanced

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:46 am said:

We will have more information regarding the digital version soon.

+ remanutd5 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

i’m getting Sound Shapes, Little Big Planet, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale on my psvita.
Little Big Planet Karting on my ps3.

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

Sounds like you have plenty of great games ahead of you then! :)

+ ohiostatedog on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

YES! This and Uncharted are the main reasons I got a Vita. Hopefully this’ll help boost system sales. LBP FOR LIFE!

+ Ethereal on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:50 am said:

As expected, and greatly looking forward to this release. The beta is incredible, dare I say better than the PS3 counter-parts. Already pre-ordered and day one for me! Keep up the good work Sony!

+ BlindMango on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

It would be a REALLY good idea to release LittleBigPlanet Karting on the VITA, an OVERWHELMING amount of people I talk to say that they won’t buy the title until it is on the VITA, it is only an advantage to you guys! LBP Karting would be the perfect Vita title!!

+ The_Bunn on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

Cool, I’ll buy it

+ The_Bunn on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:59 am said:

By the way, what are the cross-play features?

+ DeadKillersRevng on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

@DZORMAGEN Can’t tell if trolling or just… probably the later.

+ Zacky-V-A7X on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

Yes!!!!!! can’t wait

+ remanutd5 on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

i second Little Big Planet Karting on PSVITA, and sony really needs to address online gameplay on the vita, i mean ModNation Racers Road Trips lacks the feature, Resistance Burning Skies needs to improve it.

PAGE 1 2