Minecraft PS4

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Public Beta This Fall

Chan Park's Avatar + Posted by Chan Park on Aug 02, 2012 // President, SuperBot Entertainment

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Hey everyone! Last week, SuperBot Entertainment and PlayStation invited a small group of players to get a hands-on preview of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale as part of our early development beta. We’re beginning to test our servers and connectivity issues and this is just the beginning as we work toward rolling out a public beta to the entire PlayStation nation this Fall. As part of this exclusive access, players were able to take control of characters such as Kratos, Sweet Tooth, PaRappa the Rapper, Colonel Radec, Sly Cooper, and Fat Princess and battle in environments such as Dreamscape, Metropolis, Sandover Village, and Hades. The feedback we’re receiving from beta testers has been highly encouraging and valuable, helping us craft the best online multiplayer fighting experience possible.

In addition, there was an unexpected and unintended leak in our beta that allowed fans to be able to see some additional content. We’ve enjoyed reading all of the fan reaction and are thrilled that so many of you are excited to learn more about our character roster and level mash-ups, however we are still in development and the leaked content does not fully represent the final product nor the incredible efforts that were made to make these elements truly spectacular. This will be evident in the coming weeks as this content is officially revealed, beginning with our next character announcement at Gamescom in a couple of weeks.

While just a small group now, in the coming weeks we will continue to send out batches of codes as we gradually expand the beta; so keep your eyes open. You just might receive an invitation to join! Keep checking back with the blog for more information around the public beta, starting with early access to PlayStation Plus members.

If you’re having this much fun with the game now, we think you’re going to be thrilled with all the great stuff coming in the final product!

PAGE 1 2 3 7

+ JQM78 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:04 am said:

Nice, I’ve been following Seth Killian and Superbot on twitter trying to get into this….

+ Benmo316 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:04 am said:

This is just icing on the cake (no Fat Princess pun intended) for being a PlayStation Plus member! I cannot wait to play this game!

+ CR4ZYK1D326 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:04 am said:

Do you think you could add a Third Party character from Nintendo? Due to Snake being in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

+ DZORMAGEN on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

Everybody wants Crash Banidcoot, and Sypro, please Sony, and Superbot make that happen!! I know it’s not all up to you, there needs to be Activision involved too, but please make these 2 happen, or there will be a lot of upset people out there.

Thank You!!

+ ERC1980 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

Sweet!

im already in the beta, but more are always welcome

here’s hoping we get a couple of extra characters and stages

+ DignifiedTuna on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

@3
Not sure if serious…

Glad to hear that a public beta is coming. I’m really interested in trying it out. Still kind of skeptical from what gameplay I’ve seen of it.

+ Suicide_Surfer on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

AWESOME!!!!!

+ G-Force08 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

Here’s hoping I will get in the beta. I have been checking my e-mail constantly for one and nothing so far. *Sad face*

I’m really looking forward to this game. Keep up the good work, guys!

+ letherclad on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

Will the beta get an update with new characters, other than the original 6 announced?

The game is a blast, keep up the awesome work!

Also, get Kazuma in the game!

+ GeoDarky on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

Thanks PS+ FTW!

+ How-to-Rob on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Nice! Can I call dibs on any spare code you have lying around right now? lol

+ Black_Viper_Kiss on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

awsome

+ Yawnier on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Sounds great, really want to try this game out, I’ve heard nothing but good things from the beta.

+ stargateheaven on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Any news on the EU beta? we europeans always get left out..

+ ColBOND on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Will this beta be on Ps Vita and PS3 at the same time?

+ DZORMAGEN on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

By the way I am loving the Beta, and I loved this game at E3!! Thanks for the invite.

Will more characters be implemented into the Beta so we can test out those players are make sure they are not too over powerful?

I know I mentioned Crash, and Spyro, and I know a lot of other will too. But I will assure you that I am buying this game on the PS3, and PS Vita on Day 1! :)

+ SoZeKzr on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Vita beta would be fantastic, but I’ll take what I can get.

+ Xcaligamer1 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

hopefully ps+ gets the beta soon, september is tekken month. oh and here’s a request fo dlc if not final game…kane…from soul reaver

+ JQM78 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

I hope I get in sooner than later, but it’s great piece of mind knowing that I’m ps plus and I’ll get in eventually….

+ MrSoloLobo on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

Good to know ill get to play it eventually :)

+ Man-is-Obsolete on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

2 questions, and a follow up.

1.) Is Kat in the game? You can say No Comment for yes :)

2.) Will there be a beta roll out for the Vita? If not how are going to handle the netcode on it?

+ Cjx324 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

So, that character and stage leak was Legit? WOW!
Was that planned then?
Or was it unexpected to you guys?
Anyway, the character roster is really shaping up, I can only think of 2 or 3 characters that this game needs badly, but otherwise, if the leak is legit, then you just earned another pre-order! Keep up the good work!

P.S.The 3 characters are Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, and Solid Snake.

+ Adelflame on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Ok where the hell do i sign up! I NEED to try out this game :)

+ herbalsticky on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

@21

2.) They know what they’re doing.

+ Daxyehn on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

I’ve been following this game closely ever since e3. I’m very hyped for this game. I’m happy with the roster so far. All I need now is cloud and sora. Keep working to get more people in the beta. Look on the forums. There’s a thread with your loyal fans who really want in. I suggest you get them first.

+ MakoSOLIDER on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

Well I guess that confirms that the leak was real.
Questions:
1)Will there be licensed music from the original games playing in the stages. Will there be multiple songs per stage chosen at random? Will the sond change when the stage “transforms”
2)How will cross play work with Vita when a PS3 player wants to invite a Vita friends but can’t since Vita friends do not show up online?
3)What are minions? Are they summons or….?
4)Is it Evil Cole or Nathan Hale?

+ AriesWarlock on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

I think it’s a good idea to have a public beta.

I still say the game needs more females. Jennifer from Primal and Nariko from Heavenly Sword fill the bill.

+ macy113 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

IGN said this already!

+ wvpwn on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

Gosh, a beta test that is great, but i hope this will be available for PS vita soon, and if they put crash bandicoot, spyro and daniel fortesque it would be the best game….

+ ccrogers15 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

Cool i guess but no offence to other owners of PS, but i hope its Plus exclusive. Sony has been ripped us plus users off. Its about time plus gets something worth the money,.

+ ccrogers15 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

Also i demand Ape Escape 4 be made. Now.

+ RmanX1000 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:22 am said:

Please let there be a Vita beta. I plan to get a PS3 once Tales of Xilia comes out. But right now im a Vita only goer and i’d love to test this out.

+ Tchanku on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:22 am said:

Thank you for not raging over the leak, I’m sure it was unfortunate on your end and upsetting. But your words above are a perfect response.

PS I will be getting this on PS3 and Vita. :D

Chan Park's Avatar

+ Chan Park on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

Well, we try to keep things in perspective. Development is like a video game. It is fraught with various challenges to overcome that ultimately adds to the reward of accomplishment in the end, hopefully without a boss battle ;-)

Thank you so much for your support! We are working hard to reward it.

+ PreatomicAbyss on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

Thank goodness I’m a Playstation Plus subscriber! XD Can’t wait to try this out

+ pol7945 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

:D

+ JQM78 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

Damn, now I’m going to be checking my email every five seconds…

+ SeventhDuke on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

I cannot wait for this to come out. I’m gonna’ have to play Sweet Tooth. Yeaaaaboooi!

+ jacaflocka on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

add some DBZ characters to it. then it would truly be awesome

+ Astroking112 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

I hope that Evil Cole doesn’t take up an additional slot. Seems like more of a waste to me to do that, as only several moves are unique between the two.

And still no sign of Leonard (White Knight Chronicles), or Finn (Sorcery), even though IMO “Dante” looks more like him.

And I hope that Alden’s Tower slowly moves upward, forcing you to have to go up constantly.

+ D-Squad3 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

Already loving the very limited beta, and I can’t believe you addressed the LEAK! That means everything we’ve seen in the leak is REAL?

Sackboy
Nariko
Ratchet
Dante
Raiden
Spike
Evil Cole
Sir Dan

I really hope we get more characters!!! Such as but not limited to…

Cloud
Spyro
Crash
Lightning
Snake
Sora

Chan Park's Avatar

+ Chan Park on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

Glad you like the beta so far. As far as the leak, it happened and it’s nothing we felt we needed to hide from.

As far as the specifics, I will neither confirm nor deny anything other than to confirm that anything that has previously been confirmed or denied has not changed, but I will deny confirming this. That’s corporate talk for “wait for our official reveals” lol.

+ SCZeag on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

Good old Ratchet for me. Also, if the beta could be on Vita as well I’d prefer playing while tucked in my bed; plus my Vita doesn’t get used at all these days… :(

+ bigimpactpooch on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

Sweet. Where do I signup to get the beta early or is it random in a email?

+ Ryuk4ever on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

Perfect, although no date for the beta?

+ Davidgui on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

I really hope I get into the Beta. The game looks very solid and I have high hopes for it!

I’m still hoping Wander gets in the character roster!

+ wocyob on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

woot! iv been wanting this game since the my ps2 times.
Wish list time “ill keep it short”
Nariko: Heavenly Sword “make part 2!!!”
Isaac Clarke: Dead Space “he has a mighty stomp”
John Marston: Red Dead Redemption “Dead eye :P ”
Dovahkiin: Skyrim “come on FUS RO DAH! people to death would be sooo much fun”

I have much more but ill stop gushing now

+ snakeeyes211 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

I would love an invite into the beta ;-)

+ BkzUzi on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR CRASH AND ZERO!

+ LeoRJ on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

I’m waiting for it :-)

+ TensaZangetsu190 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

I would like an invite into the beta soon i hope so. =)

+ ccrogers15 on August 2nd, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

*crosses fingers for spyro and crash*

PAGE 1 2 3 7