PS4 - Destiny

Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Trophy List Revealed!

Yoshikazu Matsuhana's Avatar + Posted by Yoshikazu Matsuhana on Aug 03, 2012 // Producer, Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Project

Update: The patch is now live in North America. Happy Trophy hunting!

Platinum Trophy

Did you all experience Metal Gear Solid 4 back in 2008? Or maybe for some reason you missed it? The Trophy system was introduced to PS3 in the middle of 2008. However, by that time, MGS4 had already finished development and was about to launch, so we were regrettably unable to implement Trophies at launch. But, we’ve always had it on our to-do list and users have given us continuous feedback requesting Trophies over the years.

MSG4 ShooterMSG4 Close-up

For all those who have asked “where are the Trophies?” we are very sorry for the long wait. However, in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Metal Gear series, we are very pleased to announce that trophies will finally be coming to MGS4 in the beginning of August!

Furthermore, retail versions of the game in stores will be updated to offer native Trophy support out of the box.

For loyal fans and new players alike, there’s never been a better time to relive the experience of MGS4. The timeless PS3 classic is back – now with full Trophy support!!

MSG4 Guns of PatriotsMSG4 Guns of Patriots

Bronze You enjoy all the killing, that’s why. Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited.
Bronze Divine Wind Caused a “divine wind” using the Tanegashima.
Bronze Hands Up! Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
Bronze Emotion Control Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
Bronze Hurt me more! Shocked an enemy soldier using Mk. II/III.
Bronze Drum Can Addict Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can.
Bronze That Tune Is His Mind Control Music Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
Bronze Overhead view — just like old times… Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
Silver SUNLIGHT! Obtained the Solar Gun.
Silver I Just Don’t Fear Death Caused ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
Silver Where I Can See Ya Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
Silver Ghost Photography Addict Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
Silver FaceCamo Addict Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
Silver Can you feel my power now!!!? Took control of an enemy soldier’s body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
Silver Are you an Otaku too? Viewed all model posters.
Silver You’re pretty good. Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.
Gold Flashback Mania Viewed all flashbacks.
Gold Sounds of the Battlefield Obtained all iPod® tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).
Gold I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology. Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
Platinum The Legendary Hero Obtained all trophies.

243 Comments

+ Atomika14 on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

If this is the full list, it’s possibly the shortest and laziest attempt at a trophy list I’ve seen. Even Silent Hill Downpour’s Trophy List was bad. “Ending A”? What the heck was that?

+ Kniffin on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

Phlegmatic – Defeat Screaming Mantis and Screaming Beauty
Agenda agent – Defeat Liquid Ocelot
A mind of memories – Reach 100 flashbacks
Battery farmed – Collect all battery upgrades
Oops – Mistake a Haven soldier for a man
One Man Geneva Convention – Save all hostages in Peru
The camera loves ya – End a boss fight with a photoshoot
Robot buddy – Take a photo of the stalker in Prague
Not senile yet – Remember Otacon’s password
Bromance – Let Liquid Ocelot perform his hidden move…

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

Awesome, can’t wait for this…after all these years!

Now, when can we expect to see MGS Portable Ops on North American PS Vitas?

+ Zerokoolpsx on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

Technically you can unlock that one with a password, so I’m sure it is excluded [“Obtained all iPod® tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password)”]

+ Kniffin on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

Silver: 9 trophies
Medal – Earn a vertical row of emblems
Insignia – Earn a horizontal row of emblems
SchmOctocamo – Acquire Stealth Camo
Ancient Chinese secret – Acquire Infinity Bandana
Season of Giving – Collect all Sunny dolls
Style of the Season – Collect all costumes and face camos
Chillout – Collect all iPod music
Still got it – Complete the MGS1 flashback with no alerts
Nuclear Playground – Survive all 3 minutes during the Gekko warehouse section in Shadow Moses

Gold: 5 trophies
Old Soldier – Complete the game on The Boss Extreme
Honorific – Earn the Big Boss emblem
One Man Army – Acquire all weapons and equipment
Green Collar – Earn 1000000 Drebin Points
You’re pretty good – Don’t get hit during one of the final boss fight rounds

+ Zerokoolpsx on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

That’s a fake list from IGN. It’s too generic.

+ Andrefpvs on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

@ Kniffin

That list was made up by a IGN user. It’s fake.

+ lloydey on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

SO!! u take down the mgo2 servers and upset 100,000’s of loyal metal gear solid and mgo2 fans just to re release it a few months later without mgo2 on it . this does not make any sense why not leave mgo2 severs on and then re release it ?? i think i speak for many mgo2 players when i say put mgo2 back online we are all bored and heart broken without it 8(

+ dark_yoh on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:38 am said:

Looks like i have to get my Big Boss emblem again for the 3rd time since my 60 GB system messed up right after i got it format it did again then messed up even worse and ended up getting a new ps3 slim well i like a new challenge new platinuim here i come on aug 30

+ alx681 on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

the trophy list is extremely hard. one of the ipod songs is snake eater, you need all emblems to unlock it.

one of the emblems, Big Boss, you have to beat the game on the highest difficulty with no deaths, no alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandanna items, in under 5 hours.

so yeah platinum is gonna be near impossible for most, me included.

+ Kniffin on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

If those are fake, that’s too bad. Some of them are actually better than what the actual Trophies are.

+ dancingmind on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

Thanks so much!

+ FilooGaroo on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:43 am said:

GREAT AMAZING NEWS ! THKS A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !

NOW : SAME THING FOR :

– RATCHET AND CLANK TOOL
– HEAVENTLY SWORD
– VALKYRIA CHRONICLES

Those are masterpiece that MUST HAVE trophies !!!

+ spideyal on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:45 am said:

Wow, some of the things mentioned in the trophy list are things I never even knew existed lol
That is one thing I love about trophies, they get you to do things you never would otherwise, and then you miss out on interesting (and potentially fun) little tid-bits.

I’ll definitely be nabbing this Platinum trophy.

Thank you Konami and Kojima Productions! You didn’t even have to do this, and you did it anyway.
Thanks again.

+ wardragon989 on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

I see 20 trophies what are the other 14? All story related? Or are there some surprises in there as well?

+ spideyal on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:47 am said:

Oh lord, I meant that you would miss out of them otherwise* (if trophies weren’t around)
We need an edit button lol :)

+ guitarded77 on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:47 am said:

I’m so excited to replay the game… I bought the MGS4/PS3 bundle back in the day and have bought 2 Slims since then. It’s only 20 objective based trophies, but that’s okay (I thought there’d be basic story trophies too). I’m just happy Kojima heard our cries and listened. I wish more developers would do the same. There are quite a few great games that never got trophies, but MGS4 is at the top of everyone’s list. August 6th!!!

+ ein_nineteenth on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

It’s a pretty easy list except for the MGO related ones, now.. The real question is.

How come there’s no ” Beat the game with X ranking” Trophies?
Call it wishful thinking but I believe that if you get a Big Boss rank you should unlock something for Home, maybe his eyepatch ? Or LIQUID’S ARM?

Because you know, getting Big Boss is bragging rights and it’s one of the few things I believe YOU SHOULD GET TO BRAG ABOUT. Nobody cares that you killed 100 enemies, nobody cares that you beat the game on hard, but if you get the Big Boss rank?

Salute and hum this . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJvhclT20r4

+ ReptileHand on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

I could have played MGO2 last fall when I played the game for the first time but I just didn’t want to play until I beat the story. Then I got to a part where it was damn near impossible on this ship. So I ended up not playing it. Even with the warnings earlier this year I decided not to. I would’ve like to experience it and I’m very confused as to why they would take them down then release a trophy patch two months later to say to everyone, “Go back and play it again! Except there’s no online”. Really confused.

+ Dantes_Ragnarok on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

Snaaaaaaaaaaaake!!
this is perfect :3
Enven if trophies are retroactive I’m going to start a new game game to get all of them from the beginning.

+ ReptileHand on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

But I’ll happily replay this game on the easiest mode possible to ensure I don’t hit any roadblocks. I first played it on the second type of Normal. I like a challenge but oh well. This game is too amazing. Even when I haven’t beaten the First, second, and Third. Gotta pick up that collection soon. Can’t wait to see the new Fox engine too.

+ TM1619 on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:55 am said:

Oh wait…! You need to get the Big Boss Emblem to unlock all tracks… Gonna be a tough platinum! :P

+ BloodDrunk1985 on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

finally!!!!!!
been wait for a patch for years!
now can we get some frickin MGS4 avatars on the ps store PLEASE??????
i mean im pretty sure its the 2nd best selling ps3 exclusive for crying out loud!!!!
i just want an old snake avatar dammit!!!!!

+ creed_20 on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:58 am said:

For the people who saying it’s easy platinum.. Sorry but no. Sounds of the Battlefield — AKA get the big boss sound.. = finish game in 3hours without alerts ect ect in extreme mode or something.Don’t remember name difficult -_-

+ RenderMonk on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

You said “trophies will finally be coming to MGS4 in the beginning of August!” Isn’t it already the beginning of August now? Will it be in the next week, week and a half? Any longer than that and it would be considered “mid-late August, not beginning.

+ Zerokoolpsx on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

Not an easy platinum. One of the hardest. People don’t know about the Ipod tracks.
@RenderMonk August 6

+ Dantes_Ragnarok on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

I agree.
MGS4 avatars would be awesome :D

+ MarinoBrea on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

If that list is complete, I won’t even bother. Where is the Big Boss Emblem?

+ TopoClandestino on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:12 pm said:

Just 20??. A bit dissapointing, I was expecting something more. However, is a good way to play the game again, and for people who didn’t play the game yet, they will have the new version with trophies included (hope at a reduced price).

+ Andrefpvs on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:12 pm said:

@MarinoBrea

It’s hidden in the “Sounds of the Battlefield” trophy.

+ Dantes_Ragnarok on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

@MarinoBrea
next to “Sounds of the Battlefield”.

+ boxmyth on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

Glad I kept my copy. This is one title I’ll love to go back to. Such a classic.
Thanks Konami!
(now bring back the real Suikoden!)

+ Apeman24 on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:15 pm said:

“SUNLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!” love opening the vehicle in peace walker

+ FamedNemesis on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

Can’t wait! Short list but I’m cool with that!

+ blakseed on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

This is pretty epic. MGS4 is a masterpiece. Couldn’t ask for a better reason to play through again.

+ Deekman on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

Metal Gear Solid 4 at retail costs less than Peace Walker digitally.

+ polo155 on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:20 pm said:

there is always someone who wont be happy. if yo not dont play it very simple!

I still have my day one original copy and between this any the vita hd game collection im only missing Peacewalker but i wont be buying that since i thought it was in my vita bundle i wont buy PW seperatly.

Enjoy what i do have though so.. have fun playing this again, i will enjoy going thru it.

+ UnholyBahamut on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

Only 20 trophies? Most of retail games have over 40 :(
They should just put the “emblems” as trophies and problem solved. Anyway, we asked for trophies and got them, I guess it’s ok.

+ L1ftedResearch_ on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

@alx381 No way that sounds unreal O.O might pass now because of that info but I’m sure someone will plat this.

+ L1ftedResearch_ on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

681 sorry.

+ Deekman on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:33 pm said:

Peace Walker on Vita costs only $5 less than the HD collection on Vita and the same price as the HD collection on PS3 at most retail stores that INCLUDE Peace Walker HD!

+ StealthBlade98 on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:39 pm said:

Pretty sure all the story related trophies are hidden to avoid spoilers to everyone else. Alot of games do this.

+ i_-RuSh-_-uk on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:46 pm said:

This is good news but do you really have to delete your save and do it all again? I mean big boss extreme again… :(

+ MarinoBrea on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:47 pm said:

Ok. Sounds of the Battlefield. I never got the Big Boss emblem so I wouldn’t know about all those iPod tracks…I actually did everything required for the BBE EXCEPT playing on Big Boss Extreme, I did it in Big Boss Hard first to see if I was up to the task (got the Fox emblem but I clocked less than 5 hours and no alerts), then never got around to do it in Extreme. I will do it this time for sure.

+ Freducken on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:

Looks like I will be having to do a Big Boss Rank run after all. This is going to be fun :-)

+ tusunami on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:

Well i am very thrilled to see this game finally getting trophy support.But you know what is even funnier is that i haven’t even played the game yet.Glad i waited yeeeaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ xxnike629xx on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:53 pm said:

This is awesome!
Can we get trophy support for:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Devil May Cry 4
Ninja Gaiden: Sigma
Resistance: Fall of Man

+ tusunami on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

Only a game with this much star power could garner trophy support after all this time.

+ AleXx2626 on August 3rd, 2012 at 1:03 pm said:

A post on Kojima Productions’ official Japanese facebook page saids it will be released August 6th. I’m not sure if that includes North America as well. My guess is yes.

+ Oshnaj on August 3rd, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

C’mon!!!!! We ain’t waiting more than 4 years for only 20 trophies!!!!!! I hope we can see hidden trophies or something, very dissapoiting!!!!!!!!