PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Never Stop Playing With PlayStation Collections

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Aug 06, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

You folks may have read on the internets about our upcoming release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Well, we’ve decided to make August 28th an extra sweet shopping day by releasing it alongside the God of War Saga and inFAMOUS Collection!

God of War SagainFAMOUS CollectionRatchet & Clank Collection

Notice the shiny new things we’ve put on the packaging! What does it mean? Why does Ratchet look so good in green? The answer to most of those questions is that we’re officially introducing our Collections line with these releases on August 28th. Over the years we’ve had all sorts of great deals come your way and moving forward, this is how we plan on presenting them to our consumers. From August 28th on out, you’ll be able to easily spot these classic installments at retailers, as well as on the PlayStation Store, and know that you’ll be getting the greatest PlayStation has to offer — at the best prices around!

You should already know what’s in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, but here’s what you’ll find in the other two:

God of War Saga

• God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
  • Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

inFAMOUS Collection

• inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • Extra missions
  • Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles

Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.

Keep an eye on the Blog as we bring you some additional news in the coming weeks, about which games you can expect to get their own Collections this fall!

PAGE 1 2 3 8

+ Edwerd on August 6th, 2012 at 7:08 am said:

cool beans

+ remanutd5 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:13 am said:

excellent idea, i’m getting the Ratchet and Clank Collection because to be honest i’ve never played a Ratchet game in my ps2 era just Jack and Daxter but after playing Tools of Destruction i became a fan of the series, i won’t be getting God of War or inFAMOUS collection because i have them all, how about a Motorstorm Collection or bring Motorstorm Apocalypse to playstation plus, you know what would be so kool if you guys can bring Heavenly Sword, Folklore and Lair to psn with trophy support ( now that would be really kool!!!!! ). Hopefully Nariko revive from the dead and we’ll see a sequel.

+ supermoc10 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:14 am said:

Nice! These are great bundles to have in the end of this great console’s lifetime. I’ll probably check out the R&C Collection. Oh and Sony, why not bundle PSP games on the Vita store. There are a lot of great bundles that could be done (GTA, Final Fantasy, Capcom, etc.).

+ supermoc10 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:15 am said:

Also, will there be a similar bundle for UC3 after the GOTY edition is released.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

We’ll announce additional Collections at a future date.

+ KRAZHNBURNLOK_LA on August 6th, 2012 at 7:16 am said:

i have them all but great price sony !!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:16 am said:

I have all the God of War games on-disc already, and I might be interested in trading them in to get the new Collection……IF I didn’t already know that it would be outdated in March. Complete collections are awesome, but significantly less awesome as soon as they are incomplete. I’d definitely be interested in a full collection once the series has been put to bed.

+ Raiders-34 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:16 am said:

“(3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)”

So God of War 3 is getting 3D Support? Awesome.
Is it going to be patched or is it only for this collection?
And How Much Is It?

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

That was actually a typo we’re correcting in a bit. Our bad…. =(

No 3D for God of War 3.

I hope that rhyme eases the pain.

+ guitarded77 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:21 am said:

So glad Sony went with Blu-Ray. You can fit a ton of content on those things.

+ shagg_187 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

God of War: Is it all disc-based on are they PSN codes? I hope it’s all disc-based.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Mixed. God of War Collection and God of War III are in the box.
    God of War Origins Collection will be via a voucher.

+ Pikmologist on August 6th, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

Might pick up Ratchet, I just bought God of War I & II. I wish I didn’t…

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

Yes i too would like to know the price, I only have just GOW 3 and have been wanting to get the other GOW games when cheap.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

The God of War Collection will be $39.99!

+ truongtantai on August 6th, 2012 at 7:24 am said:

cant wait for this .Hope 60$ for physical ver

+ Heisem on August 6th, 2012 at 7:24 am said:

how about GoW3 DLC? it’s not listed here…and i don’t want to download the games..

+ Hooligantuan on August 6th, 2012 at 7:25 am said:

God of War is laaaaame.

+ SMJ_cuba_AMS on August 6th, 2012 at 7:26 am said:

I hope SOCOM is included in a future release. Would be nice to play them again.

+ Gadirok on August 6th, 2012 at 7:27 am said:

Oh, wow. I was already down for the Ratchet and Clank collection, but this makes me really want the God of War saga collection and infamous 2 collection. I already own ghost of sparta and chains of olympus for my psp, along with god of war 3 on my ps3, but never got around to finding a cheap copy of god of war 1 and 2.

Also hope infamous collection will be under 60. Really want to play festival of blood and infamous 1, I already have a physical copy of infamous 2 and the digital version with the plus subscription, but I know I’m missing out on alot of kessler’s arching story.

Hopefully I can play everything before infamous 3 gets announced.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

The inFAMOUS Collection will be $39.99 =)

+ Joanna_Dark_ on August 6th, 2012 at 7:27 am said:

I would like to know if the God of War series is all disk based as well.

+ SlyCooperFan100 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:27 am said:

This is a very interesting product line, Sony, I approve! I already have all three InFAMOUS games, so I’m not going to pick up the InFAMOUS Collection. I’ve been considering picking up the Ratchet & Clank Collection (and no, not JUST because of the Sly 4 demo xD). For anyone who’s been considering picking up the God of War games, you have to get this God of War Collection. $30 for FIVE games? It’s a sweet deal you can’t pass up.

Now we just need an Ace Combat Collection for the three games that were on the PlayStation 2…

+ V_Ben on August 6th, 2012 at 7:28 am said:

Find whoever came up with this branding, and give them a raise. And then get SCEE to adopt it too!

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

I’ll put this comment in my review ;)

+ pscoolman on August 6th, 2012 at 7:29 am said:

Up next, the Ratchet and Clank Future series collection

+ sk8allday25 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:33 am said:

Digital version on psn store?

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

Kind of. The full value will be at retail only, but you’ll find different kinds of bundles available on the Store when they launch on 08/28.

+ Gadirok on August 6th, 2012 at 7:33 am said:

@18: I certainly hope your right about the pricing. Unfortunately, sorry to burst your bubble but I highly doubt the god of war saga will be 29.99 considering its 5 games and that they wrote this:

“Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99!”

I still want it though, but the entire god of war saga for $30? That would be too good to be true, though I wouldn’t mind that price, lol.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

See #11 =)
    Hope you don’t mind the price ;)

+ Biggz124 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:33 am said:

Can we expect God Of War:Ascension Beta codes with God of War Saga?

+ Biggz124 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:35 am said:

SOCOM I, II & III Collection w/ functional online pretty PLEASE, SCEA?!

+ Khaliel on August 6th, 2012 at 7:36 am said:

Please we need answers ! GoW is on disc or voucher code to download on PSN (that would be lame). And GoW 3 is 3D in this collection, so I hope we’ll get a patch for the old version, otherwise this is lame too.

+ Heavenly_king on August 6th, 2012 at 7:36 am said:

Awesome new box arts! Now we just need Sony to make another “playstation move” logo, because the actual one is really horrible.

Please make them available as collections on PSN :D. I want to buy the GOW SAGA!!! XD

+ MAXIMO273 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:37 am said:

The Infamous box says Move Support…is Infamous 1 getting the Move patch now too?….And, whats the Extra missions? I have the digital versions of all the Infamous games…

My next question is will these collections be available as digital versions as well… I’m turning my collection all digital ,and i would like to see GoW3 go digital

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

Nope. Move Support is just for inFAMOUS 2.
    The extra missions are mini-missions created by Sucker Punch!

+ Heavenly_king on August 6th, 2012 at 7:39 am said:

I already have all GOW games and HD versions, but I will still buy GOW saga! I always want to support great games ;D.

Can you include the E3 Demo of GOW Ascension?? Just like you did with the demo of GOW3 and the first HD collection?

+ newyorkreload on August 6th, 2012 at 7:42 am said:

I’m down for the GoW, already have all the games for their original systems, but as a bundle how can i not upgrade?

+ sk8allday25 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:42 am said:

ah nvm.

+ Rikith on August 6th, 2012 at 7:42 am said:

did playstation plus just sell me god of war origins for 20 bucks a week ago? now they release this that was a low blow sony…..ouch!

+ Griever_Ca on August 6th, 2012 at 7:42 am said:

GOW3 in 3D? That would be AWESOME! Already have all games, so please confirm if we are getting a patch or something!
Hope it’s not a typo…

+ MaxP-S3 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:43 am said:

Pretty neat, man.

Personally, I’ll just be picking up the Ratchet and Clank HD Collection.

I’ve already played most of the God of Wars and own all the inFamous content available :/

+ KillerBane91 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:44 am said:

cool, can’t wait for these to game though ratchet and clank is the other one i’ll get i already own the first infamous game.

Will 30$ be the price for all future collections?

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

They’ll be starting around $29.99.

+ abdo_x on August 6th, 2012 at 7:44 am said:

will they be available on psn store????

+ MoonLance on August 6th, 2012 at 7:45 am said:

The whole God of War compilation all for just ~$30. Ponder about that for a minute and think up of a reason NOT to get it. (For those who don’t have it yet, I mean)

+ TwinDad on August 6th, 2012 at 7:46 am said:

Hey everybody, were bleeding money like it’s nobodies business and guess what? We are going to release the same games over and over again hoping that people will buy them. Where are all the great RPG games the PS2/PS1 became known for. I’m talking Sony published, Rogue Galaxy for example. Outside of Folklore a launch title, and possibly White Knight Chronicles, I can’t think of one.

I’m sure some will say it isn’t the same market that it was 8 years ago, I can except that Dudebro shooters have taken over, but don’t forget what made the PS2 legendary in the market, variety. You name the genre, there were hundreds of games to choose from.

Also, did Sony just make a collection of a collection?

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

Yep! And we called it a Saga =)

+ Gadirok on August 6th, 2012 at 7:46 am said:

Oh man, this is really going to damage my wallet. Was just about to preorder Ratchet and clank collection along with the Journey Collection.

This is kinda making me iffy on what to do with my copies of older games.

I can already expect a Resistance Collection to be inevitably announced, which would be great for me since I want to ditch my greatest hits dual pack of Resistance 1 and 2, but I already own all 3 and would just be wasting cash just because I don’t like red boxes.

This is also going to push other publishers like Ubisoft for sure, to probably make an Assassin’s Creed compilation up until Revelations.

This… I can expect this to turn into a mess for people who own original edition or older copies of games and aren’t terribly rich.

Now I’m confused on a whole what to do with anything, considering I never touch my physical copy of LBP2 because of the digital version given to me by plus.

+ WanderingMind11 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:47 am said:

I’m definitely going to be getting the Ratchet and Clank HD Collection. It’ll be nice to play the first three games again. And the Sly 4 demo is always a plus.

+ madecrazy on August 6th, 2012 at 7:48 am said:

Wow that infamous cover is AWESOME!!!

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

Right? I dig it. I strike that same pose when I’m debating whether to get a 10-piece or a 20-piece at McDonald’s.

+ Gadirok on August 6th, 2012 at 7:51 am said:

I guess I’m going to have to start trading in my old copies towards these collections considering I don’t like duplicates and I have incomplete collections of everything.

To everyone saying the God of war saga collection is $30, its not. Or atleast, I HIGHLY doubt that Sony would release Origins, The original collection, and 3 for just 30 when they are all being sold for 30+.

It would be a $100 value, so I am expecting a $60 pricepoint for the saga collection. Not too sure about Infamous collection.

+ Bcrazyman on August 6th, 2012 at 7:51 am said:

hey great stuff cant wait for these games finally awsome collections cant wait. any word for us ps+ members on discounts? need to know ok thanks sony your doing an awsome job! looks great cant wait!

+ zombie9 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:56 am said:

GOW 3 in 3-D SOLD!!!
By the way I also heard That Uncharted 3 GOTY was coming out on this date also. There goes my wallet :)

+ Stealth20k on August 6th, 2012 at 7:58 am said:

that god of war collection is tempting

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

SUBMIT TO YOUR TEMPTATIONS!

+ Link01 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:59 am said:

Is this not a typo O.O —-> 3D supported only in God of War III

I’m sold!

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

It was a typo. =/
    The writer has been flogged.

+ MushThePainter on August 6th, 2012 at 7:59 am said:

i cant tell you how many times ive almost bought those two god of war collections.. hopefully the saga is a good price, 40$ maybe?

+ Valde_zerocool on August 6th, 2012 at 7:59 am said:

It say’s starting at $29.99, I expect GoW Collection to be $39.99 or even $49.99. Probably the latter, regardless it’s a great deal, I own all the games already and someone who is new to the series I would hope they pick this up.

Infamous is probably the best deal, the story is so rich and with those games there are multiple playthroughs to see and do everything. Great news, I love Sony games.

+ triple_lei on August 6th, 2012 at 8:00 am said:

I can see myself getting all of these collections since I’m missing these big-name titles. But that flOw/Flower/Journey bundle is first on my list…

+ Link01 on August 6th, 2012 at 8:00 am said:

Oh, do the collections have a separate trophy set than the originals?

+ deltakong on August 6th, 2012 at 8:00 am said:

absolutely love this idea. I’ll probably end up getting all 3 eventually, but I would love to see a collection for kingdom hearts or final fantasy

PAGE 1 2 3 8