PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Never Stop Playing With PlayStation Collections

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Aug 06, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

You folks may have read on the internets about our upcoming release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Well, we’ve decided to make August 28th an extra sweet shopping day by releasing it alongside the God of War Saga and inFAMOUS Collection!

God of War SagainFAMOUS CollectionRatchet & Clank Collection

Notice the shiny new things we’ve put on the packaging! What does it mean? Why does Ratchet look so good in green? The answer to most of those questions is that we’re officially introducing our Collections line with these releases on August 28th. Over the years we’ve had all sorts of great deals come your way and moving forward, this is how we plan on presenting them to our consumers. From August 28th on out, you’ll be able to easily spot these classic installments at retailers, as well as on the PlayStation Store, and know that you’ll be getting the greatest PlayStation has to offer — at the best prices around!

You should already know what’s in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, but here’s what you’ll find in the other two:

God of War Saga

• God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
  • Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

inFAMOUS Collection

• inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • Extra missions
  • Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles

Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.

Keep an eye on the Blog as we bring you some additional news in the coming weeks, about which games you can expect to get their own Collections this fall!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8

+ Rognald on August 6th, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

I got into God of War cause of the 1 and 2 hd pack, now I own every game. Can’t wait for Ascension :/

+ SilverBullet_43 on August 6th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

I’m still waiting for a Kingdom Hearts Collection :( But this is great too :D

+ ItaChu on August 6th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

oh STARTING AT 29.99 lol …i get it now lol that GOW Saga must be like 50 bucks then …. ill get it someday …. too many games coming out to pay 50 bucks for that

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

How about $39.99? Hmmmmmmm?

+ ToFeY on August 6th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

wow! the god of war saga is a total win :D i already have all of them
GOW, infamous & ratchet games <3 i hope they do the same for uncharted like a bundle of the trilogy

+ Balagore on August 6th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

When is this getting released in Germany? Can’t find it on amazon.de or in stores.

+ Remmy8199 on August 6th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been waiting on them to release the GOW games together. I’ve been wanting to play them again, but they’re a bit too expensive to buy separately. Hopefully this won’t be too awful much.

+ Lechuga05 on August 6th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Collections Omega God Of Wars ?

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on August 6th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

love the idea, and the box art is just right on the money .

i want the Ratchet Collection badly!!

+ EpicxPwnge on August 6th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

i would love to see some kind of kingdom hearts hd collection. that would be an instant buy for me

+ BLAKHOODe on August 6th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

I was really hoping for a HITMAN COLLECTION.

+ Skullfaceguy on August 6th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

My oportunity to play every God of War there is!!!

+ IzoGray on August 6th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

Come on Sony, come through with that Kingdom Hearts HD collection.

Get Square Enix on the line and ask if they like making money!

I can do without 358/2 Days and KH3D.

Make sure you get 1,2 and Birth By Sleep up there though!

Or just release Birth By Sleep on PSN as a PSP title. COMEE ONNNN. :)

+ mmaso001 on August 6th, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

I know that there will be postings soon on more collections, but I am really looking forward to a Kingdom Hearts collection. Also are there any news of Kingdom Hearts coming to the PS3?

+ Butters360 on August 6th, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

That God of War Saga box art is the BEST that I’ve seen in a long time. I want that as a poster pretty please!

+ crazy_kracker1 on August 6th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

I have been pitting off buying any of the God’s Of War know the wait is over…….

+ MrSuperFreddo on August 6th, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

Will it come to us here in Europe??? I don’t have any of the God of War games, but i will buy it if it’s coming to Sweden! :)

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

Currently, no plans for Europe =/

+ Motherboop on August 6th, 2012 at 9:46 am said:

Cristian, do you happen to know if the Ratchet Collection trophies stack? I ask since the games had different names in different regions, and I wasn’t sure how they would show up on our trophy card.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

They won’t stack. It’s universal so just one set per game regardless of names. Nice try, though ;)

+ viceforce on August 6th, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

Love the new Glossy Collections look. I basically already have all of inFAMOUS so I’ll get the God of War Saga since I never played a spec of it and Ratchet & Clank Collection. The end of the summer is the start of a new fall

+ snakeeyes211 on August 6th, 2012 at 9:48 am said:

You should be fired for a typo like that

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

That’s not happening, BUT as punishment, they’re not letting me see the sun all week and sprinkling me with glitter.

+ EmperorKorea on August 6th, 2012 at 9:55 am said:

i wonder how many more banners sony will come up with to clutter up the box cover.

+ blazeadeel on August 6th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

Sony release a gta hd collection on ps3 i will love you till death

+ CoreAye on August 6th, 2012 at 9:58 am said:

Why does God of War Origins have to be a voucher? Im sure alot of buyers would prefer disc based

+ Inngy250 on August 6th, 2012 at 9:58 am said:

I am so excited for this. My jaw dropped when I saw the $29.99 price tag. That is such an amazing deal, since I expected the God Of War Saga to be $80 or more. The GoW Saga is the one I’m looking forward to since I already have inFamous 1, and 2. I never really played Ratchet & Clank games except for that PSP title; Size Matters. I might giver them a shot though for that price. I already have the God Of War Collection, so I’m probably going to sell it, or give it to a friend.

+ Bth_Portugal on August 6th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

Just want to ask something, and please reply with something (like a yes or a no or something like that)!
With all these collections thing, will there be a Ratchet and Clank Future Collection? With Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, Crack in Time and All 4 One?
And if that would exist, would you put Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time in the Playstation Store? In my local store I don’t have Tools of Destruction available and I would love to play that game! I only bought my Ps3 last year and I wanted to play ToD… Could you tell me something of Insomniac putting those 2 games (since All4One and Quest for Booty is already available Online) in the Ps Store?

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

The possibilites are there, but we don’t have anything to say at the moment. Keep an eye out!

+ saab01 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:03 am said:

Hopefully we will see collections of the following

Uncharted Series
Resistance Series
Little big planet 1 and 2

So all of these collections will have the games plus all the DLC ???

+ TM1619 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

Holy moly! Such good deals. The God of War one is one of the best deals I’ve seen!
and inFamous… I own these already but still!
I love the Ratchet & Clank cover too.

+ snakeeyes211 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

I was really serious I was very sad

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

It was a HUGE mistake on our part. My sincerest apologies.

+ CyPhErLoUs on August 6th, 2012 at 10:13 am said:

So I heard you liked collections…

+ ZOMBIE-VITO on August 6th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Origins is a voucher? well what a way to kill the collection.

PASS.

+ xXTrIaNgLe-MaNXx on August 6th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

this is good ;)

+ eduar6710-2 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

Wow, I just bought GOW 3 and Origins Collection yesterday and now theres a saga collection, perfect! >:(

+ Newbold on August 6th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

Thanks for the heads up Cristian ! I’ll be sure to play these! Theres far to much focus on realism and graphics now days! Its great to be able to have that old school gameplay back! Its would be awesome to get a HD SOCOM US NAVY SEALS! The new socoms just dont even compare to the amazing gameplay of socom 1 and 2! Are there any plans for this Cristian? Thanks in advance!

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

I couldn’t tell you, even if I knew. We will have more to add to this line, though. That’s all I can say =)

+ Blackmagic316 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

Kingdom Hearts Collection PLEASE. I mean it is the 10 year anniversary.

+ IcemanHart13 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

So Kingdom Hearts anytime soon??????…….

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

You’ll have to ask the good folks at Square Enix about that.

+ CyPhErLoUs on August 6th, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

Where’s Resistance and Uncharted?

+ S_L_I_C_K–T on August 6th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

I am being smart and NOT buying anything and will wait and I bet this stuff will be free for plus members before the year is up. I have been ripped off too many times off plus on my main account that I will not be ripped off again.

+ Eidyllion on August 6th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

I’m looking forward to inFAMOUS!!!

+ Sean_Oberlander on August 6th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

A few questions;

Are these also coming out in Europe & UK?
If they are, any idea what the prices will be? (I’m guessing £24.99 for GoW/Infamous)
Also, how come I can’t pre-order them on Amazon yet?

PS: Any chance of a free trial of PS+ (Worth a try :P)

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

A few answers!

- No plans for Europe as of right now.
    - See above =/
    - Their page will be up in the next day or so!

PS Reply: No. It was worth a try =)

+ Psicocrusher on August 6th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

I hope to see a discount on God of War: Origins Collection because it is the only one that I’m missing for my collection.

+ PenguinInfinity on August 6th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

Are inFamous 1 & 2 on a single disc? Are God of War 1-3 on a single disc?

+ akasours on August 6th, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

Hey Sony How about remastering the original NFS MOST WANTED best NFS in my opinion

+ Psicocrusher on August 6th, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

Also: I’m passing the metal gear solid 4/collection for this initiative . I hope to see Metal Gear Collections.

+ donkeypunch12312 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

If anyone would like to fill me in on this but is there a Sly Cooper Collection for PS3 that would be great

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

Why yes there is! The Sly Collection is already available for purchase.

+ Polyhertz on August 6th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

Does this new Collections branding include some sort of “here’s what’s in the box” list on the back, so people know whats on disc and whats on vouchers? Its not fair to the average consumer to make them guess or do research a release online to find out such information.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

All the content is listed on the back.

+ donkeypunch12312 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

I would definitely buy the Ratchet and Clank Collection but I own everything else lol

+ MR_SUPREME69 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

That God of War collection is a steal! Already had Ratchet reserved, will be getting GoW too!

Already have all the inFAMOUS ones!

+ somebignasty on August 6th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

Now I’m in a pickle. I already have God of War III and the original Collection, and I’ve already beaten both GOW games on PSP, but the idea of having them all in one package is very tempting. Plus I’ve already beat inFamous and I have inFamous 2 both physical disc and as a download (because of how awesome PS+ is), but I would love to go back and play inFamous 1 again.

I know the R&C Collection is $30 because I already have it preordered and paid off, and I’ve read comments where you said the GOW Saga is $40, but how much is the inFamous Collection? Also, these box arts are epic. Great job Sony. Yet another reason Sony is such a great company.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

the inFAMOUS Collection will be $39.99

+ snakeeyes211 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

You do a great job :-) a mistake like that could happen to anyone. God bless you

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

That’s very cool of you! I appreciate the blessing. Less griping, more gaming is what I always say. Or something similar. It’s really about the less griping.

+ Samurai_Chappps on August 6th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

Please Please PLEASE can we get a Kingdom Hearts Collection. I would be happy with just Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN

+ DoTheKiller91 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

How about a Killzone collection?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8