Uncharted 4

Aug 06

God of War Saga

Never Stop Playing With PlayStation Collections

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Cristian Cardona on Aug 06, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

You folks may have read on the internets about our upcoming release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Well, we’ve decided to make August 28th an extra sweet shopping day by releasing it alongside the God of War Saga and inFAMOUS Collection!

God of War SagainFAMOUS CollectionRatchet & Clank Collection

Notice the shiny new things we’ve put on the packaging! What does it mean? Why does Ratchet look so good in green? The answer to most of those questions is that we’re officially introducing our Collections line with these releases on August 28th. Over the years we’ve had all sorts of great deals come your way and moving forward, this is how we plan on presenting them to our consumers. From August 28th on out, you’ll be able to easily spot these classic installments at retailers, as well as on the PlayStation Store, and know that you’ll be getting the greatest PlayStation has to offer — at the best prices around!

You should already know what’s in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, but here’s what you’ll find in the other two:

God of War Saga

• God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
  • Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

inFAMOUS Collection

• inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • Extra missions
  • Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles

Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.

Keep an eye on the Blog as we bring you some additional news in the coming weeks, about which games you can expect to get their own Collections this fall!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

+ Polyhertz on August 6th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Does the Infamous collection include Festival of Blood on disc or voucher?

Looking forward to R&C Deadlocked HD (assuming it leaves Japan), I hope you guys will consider releasing it on disc in EUR like Quest for Booty.

Also on the subject of collections, where’s the Wild Arms HD Collection already? :)

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

Festival of Blood will be redeemable via a voucher.

And man, that’d be crazy if there was Wild Arms HD Collection. Loved the first one!

+ Xanthus179 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

These are absolutley awesome deals. The Infamous collection not as much as I have both the games free from Playstation Plus, but Ratchet & Clank and God of War are going to be mine. Only ever finished the first two GoW games, so this is a great opportunity.

+ Cat_Corye on August 6th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

So when are we going to see Kilzone’s? Heck it be awesome to see a Dot.Hack HD remastered for PS3.

+ remanutd5 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

collections i want to see :
Motorstorm Collection : Brutal Off Road Racing at its finest!!
include Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Motorstorm Arctic Edge HD, Motorstorm Apocalypse.

Ratchet and Clank Future Saga Collection:
include Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time

PS3 Second Chance Collection:
include Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Lair all with trophy support.

+ Newbold on August 6th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

Thanks for the reply Cristian! Do me a favour and let your peers know about the demand for a SOCOM 2 HD remake will you. We have nearly 12k Votes on the playstation blog share for it! http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/17/socom-ii-hd/

+ pochii29 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

For the god off war saga, for (God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta) are they going to be on psp/vita (like the were) or on ps3? (i dont have a psp or vita)????

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

The God of War Saga is all the PS3 versions of those games.

+ t3chnol05ic on August 6th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

totally getting GOW and Infamous Collections

+ lannister- on August 6th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

I’d be all over the inFAMOUS collection if I didn’t already own all three. Such a great series, makes me glad I have a PS3! But I don’t have any of the GoW yet, so that’s definitely an attractive bundle for me! (If the Origins Collection is via a voucher, I can play those on my Vita, right?)

+ NauseousPenguin on August 6th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

I simply love this! I’d always hoped that the collections’ packaging would eventually take on a bit more of a universal, “classy” appearance. That Ratchet & Clank one will look nice on my game shelf!

+ Sean_Oberlander on August 6th, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

No plans for Europe? :(

I presume importing won’t work (Even if the PS3 is region-free) as the codes will be region locked.

+ sk8allday25 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

I feel like this collection must come to EU,EU players love Infamous,GOW and Ratchet n clank.at least digital version should come to EU.that would be nice.

+ NauseousPenguin on August 6th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

Come to think of it, a R&C Future collection it looking more and more likely, seeing that the inFAMOUS collection includes 2 full PS3 games and one PSN game. If that happens, I’m definitely buying it. Ever since I tried All 4 One on PS Plus, I’ve been hooked on the series! Not the best game to introduce someone to the franchise, but effective, nonetheless.

+ Anti-form on August 6th, 2012 at 11:08 am said:

Now would this already use preexisting save data? or would it make entirely new data?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 11:14 am said:

These should be able to use pre-existing save data.

+ Se7en0ps on August 6th, 2012 at 11:08 am said:

Man! My dilemma now is : “Should I wait and see if there will be a complete R&C collection that includes both the HD remasters and the three PS3 releases?” With you guys, who put something on sale and give it away the next week, we never know.

+ BlaqMagiq24 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

Will the God of War Saga and inFamous collections be box collections like the Uncharted one or will they be multi-disced in a Blu-Ray case?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 11:14 am said:

Two discs in a standard Blu Ray case!

+ JeffWii33 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

So glad i waited and didn’t buy any god of war, until now. This is a really great surprise!

+ Super-Collins-30 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:16 am said:

this is amazing! i love collection games.
is there any chance that you guys could pull a few strings and make a remastered version of the kingdom hearts games???? they are my favorite games ever but i dont have any of the new consoles to play the new ones on. and my ps2 broke a while back…
even just buying them on the psn store would be enough for me!
is it possible? or am i just dreaming big?

+ Cry_Zero on August 6th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

What about Europe? Does the GOW Saga come out in here too?

+ jveloz21 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:22 am said:

Hey I’m really stoked for the God of War saga. I have all the God of War games, but I have them all on separate and outdated systems. $40 seems fair for 5 full games but I was wondering what exactly does the bonus content include? I have some dlc skins for God of War III such the Deimos skin and the Morpheus armor but not all of them. It would be awesome it brought all the skins including the Dominus armor with the challenge of exile as well as the soundtracks for all games. Lastly, what does you mean by “DUALSHOCK Control”? isn’t it assumed that if the games come out for the ps3 that it will be compatible with the dualshochk controller?

+ xxnike629xx on August 6th, 2012 at 11:26 am said:

I’ll just have to see what this God of War Saga Collection is.
I really hope that it doesn’t have that ugly red Greatest Hits logo and box art. If and only then, I may consider the purchase, or else I will stick with my games that I have now for the PS3.

I suspect an Uncharted and Resistance series will get a collection set like this..or at least I hope for 1.

On a side note, Sony!! Why haven’t you guys been talking with Square-Enix into remastering the Kingdom Hearts series for the PS3 in HD? The games already have amazing graphics and if we can get them in wide screen, 720p native HD, 60 fps, fast load times, install, trophies… Yea. Guaranteed seller!

If you guys do this, please please try to get us US gamers the Final Mix versions for the games. They are currently Japan exclusive, however, the voices are all in English. They contain additional items, weapons, scenes, bosses, etc from the US PS2 version that we have. PLEASE DO THIS!

Oh and please make sure you guys bring trophy support for games like COD4: Modern Warfare, Devil May Cry 4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1, Resistance Fall of Man…and I’m sure there are more games.

Thank you!

+ hassan2012king on August 6th, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

Those are awesome bundles, i’m thinking of picking up the GOW bundle because i only have GOW 1 and 2! Good job sony!!!

+ ItaChu on August 6th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

aaaaawwww it was just a typo to get people hyped …. bad move sony ….but the gow saga is still a good deal

+ Jackal888 on August 6th, 2012 at 4:59 pm said:

God of War Saga for me. Keep p the good ork bundling your content. What are the extra missions in the Infamous Collection?

+ shades909 on August 6th, 2012 at 5:05 pm said:

I never played any Ratchet and Clank until now, so i guess this is a good time to start and last time i played a GoW games was GoW2 on the PS2 5 years or so ago, i never played any of the GoW released after 2.
I already have both Infamous so i will pass on that collection though.

+ freshprincepbg on August 6th, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

Awesome collections, great value for God of War & Infamous

Butttt, why isn’t Deadlocked included in the Ratchet & Clank collection? North America had to wait 2 months for it and have nothing to show for it. No a demo is not bonus, especially for a game that has nothing to do with Ratchet

+ Shy_Guy_719 on August 6th, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

So…. no Kingdom Hearts Collection in the future?

+ SolidMizan on August 6th, 2012 at 5:36 pm said:

Wish God of War saga was had everything on disc :/ What about Infamous? If all the content i’d be great save me having to download stuff with my rubbish internet -.-“

+ Lord_Jaroh on August 6th, 2012 at 5:38 pm said:

So are you going to support the people that have already given you money for these games? Or are you going to “force” them to miss out on the bonus content?

+ Celam07 on August 6th, 2012 at 5:39 pm said:

Please im begging yall for a Kingdom Hearts Collection!

+ Minime_01 on August 6th, 2012 at 5:41 pm said:

very nice box arts

+ shadysaiyanz on August 6th, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

Love the new collection designs! keep them this way!

+ Dragonator888AE on August 6th, 2012 at 5:54 pm said:

+ TechGenius20 on August 6th, 2012 at 6:11 pm said:

Can someone tell me the size of the GoW Origins collection, not concerned about the HDD being taken up, but my internet sucks and I dont want to leave the PS3 on for days on end to get something that may or may not download right

+ triedallthem on August 6th, 2012 at 6:32 pm said:

How about a collection for the Twisted Metal series?

+ LordRaoh on August 6th, 2012 at 6:41 pm said:

I may sell my current games and use the money to buy the collections, very nice box art.

+ Enigma777 on August 6th, 2012 at 6:46 pm said:

Crap, I already own all the GOW games and the Infamous games (twice), but I still want to get this becasue those box arts are absolutely fantastic!

+ ji394c8c8 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:09 pm said:

Will the sale of Asian Chinese version?

+ Internal_Element on August 6th, 2012 at 7:35 pm said:

I already have my platinums for inFAMOUS 1&2 And 100% Festival of Blood. I am looking at finally getting the Metal Gear Solid trillogy now :)

+ Jagged13 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:36 pm said:

Wait… If the Ratchet & Clank Collection consists of the first three games in the series, why isn’t Ratchet: Deadlocked, Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank part of the collection?

+ MarkedByAshes on August 6th, 2012 at 7:40 pm said:

Hey, what about those of us who don’t WANT a download copy of the Origins collection? I’d rather spend a little extra and buy all the discs separately than pay for a download copy that may or may not be reusable come the next round of consoles. Seriously, what’s going to happen when Sony decides to not support download titles on the PS3 anymore? It’s already happened on the PS Vita with Motorstorm Arctic Edge.

I was ready to go put a pre-order on the Saga right away until I found out about the download vouchers.I know exactly why you’re doing it that way…to reduce the value of a second hand resale. Guess what…that’s going to push me to buy the disc copies of all the games pre-owned anyway. Thanks but no thanks.

+ gageaz on August 6th, 2012 at 7:53 pm said:

Hmm… haven’t played 2 or Festival of Blood, but already have the first one… what to do about the inFamous collection…

+ Swordfish64 on August 6th, 2012 at 8:07 pm said:

Ok Sony, this HD collection idea is great. Ill be buying the God of War and Ratchet HD collections, but what I really want and a lot of us really want is the SOCOM HD collection. Give it to us ASAP, it’ll be a big money maker AND system seller for you guys ;)

+ ZildjianKX on August 6th, 2012 at 8:11 pm said:

Wow, a voucher for part of God of War is horrible. Please tell me they work on PS Vita at least and then *MAYBE* you have a purchase from me.

All of this voucher to prevent resale stuff has to stop.

+ Apeman24 on August 6th, 2012 at 8:14 pm said:

Have all of the INfamous games already. Have GOW hd collection, GOW , have chains on psp, so depending on the price of the origins collection will make me decide. I will be getting the Ratchet collection. Like the new box arts for the collections. Keep up the good work, and thank you for the reply.

+ Apeman24 on August 6th, 2012 at 8:16 pm said:

sorry meant to add GOW3

+ Internal_Element on August 6th, 2012 at 8:18 pm said:

I really wish they would get the remake of Resident Evil 1 that was made on the game cube, and Eesident Evil 0 and throw those in a HD bundle… Those remakes are classic

+ Avalanche on August 6th, 2012 at 8:33 pm said:

im am LOVING the Boxart, Especially the Gold Trim. lets hope its embossed like the Rockstar boxart.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on August 6th, 2012 at 8:35 pm said:

My god, so you can get like 5 Platinum with the God of War collection? Intense! I won’t buy them since I already got most of those games. I already have 2 platinum for God of War 1&2, Still need to plat 3 (doing so right now) and the origins. Then I’ll plat the next one, haha! ^_^

I’m not good enough and patient enough to platinum the Uncharted. Trophies are way too long to catch… :(

+ SwiggleDyl on August 6th, 2012 at 8:51 pm said:

Are these going to be coming out in Australia? And same date?

+ OMEGA_MEXICAN on August 6th, 2012 at 8:53 pm said:

O_O Yes YES!!!! Thank you!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8