PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Never Stop Playing With PlayStation Collections

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Aug 06, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

You folks may have read on the internets about our upcoming release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Well, we’ve decided to make August 28th an extra sweet shopping day by releasing it alongside the God of War Saga and inFAMOUS Collection!

God of War SagainFAMOUS CollectionRatchet & Clank Collection

Notice the shiny new things we’ve put on the packaging! What does it mean? Why does Ratchet look so good in green? The answer to most of those questions is that we’re officially introducing our Collections line with these releases on August 28th. Over the years we’ve had all sorts of great deals come your way and moving forward, this is how we plan on presenting them to our consumers. From August 28th on out, you’ll be able to easily spot these classic installments at retailers, as well as on the PlayStation Store, and know that you’ll be getting the greatest PlayStation has to offer — at the best prices around!

You should already know what’s in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, but here’s what you’ll find in the other two:

God of War Saga

• God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
  • Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

inFAMOUS Collection

• inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • Extra missions
  • Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles

Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.

Keep an eye on the Blog as we bring you some additional news in the coming weeks, about which games you can expect to get their own Collections this fall!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

+ Polyhertz on August 6th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Does the Infamous collection include Festival of Blood on disc or voucher?

Looking forward to R&C Deadlocked HD (assuming it leaves Japan), I hope you guys will consider releasing it on disc in EUR like Quest for Booty.

Also on the subject of collections, where’s the Wild Arms HD Collection already? :)

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

Festival of Blood will be redeemable via a voucher.

And man, that’d be crazy if there was Wild Arms HD Collection. Loved the first one!

+ Xanthus179 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

These are absolutley awesome deals. The Infamous collection not as much as I have both the games free from Playstation Plus, but Ratchet & Clank and God of War are going to be mine. Only ever finished the first two GoW games, so this is a great opportunity.

+ Cat_Corye on August 6th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

So when are we going to see Kilzone’s? Heck it be awesome to see a Dot.Hack HD remastered for PS3.

+ remanutd5 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

collections i want to see :
Motorstorm Collection : Brutal Off Road Racing at its finest!!
include Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Motorstorm Arctic Edge HD, Motorstorm Apocalypse.

Ratchet and Clank Future Saga Collection:
include Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time

PS3 Second Chance Collection:
include Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Lair all with trophy support.

+ Newbold on August 6th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

Thanks for the reply Cristian! Do me a favour and let your peers know about the demand for a SOCOM 2 HD remake will you. We have nearly 12k Votes on the playstation blog share for it! http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/17/socom-ii-hd/

Thanks!

+ pochii29 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

For the god off war saga, for (God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta) are they going to be on psp/vita (like the were) or on ps3? (i dont have a psp or vita)????

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

The God of War Saga is all the PS3 versions of those games.

+ t3chnol05ic on August 6th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

totally getting GOW and Infamous Collections

+ lannister- on August 6th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

I’d be all over the inFAMOUS collection if I didn’t already own all three. Such a great series, makes me glad I have a PS3! But I don’t have any of the GoW yet, so that’s definitely an attractive bundle for me! (If the Origins Collection is via a voucher, I can play those on my Vita, right?)

+ NauseousPenguin on August 6th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

I simply love this! I’d always hoped that the collections’ packaging would eventually take on a bit more of a universal, “classy” appearance. That Ratchet & Clank one will look nice on my game shelf!

+ Sean_Oberlander on August 6th, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

No plans for Europe? :(

I presume importing won’t work (Even if the PS3 is region-free) as the codes will be region locked.

+ sk8allday25 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

I feel like this collection must come to EU,EU players love Infamous,GOW and Ratchet n clank.at least digital version should come to EU.that would be nice.

+ NauseousPenguin on August 6th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

Come to think of it, a R&C Future collection it looking more and more likely, seeing that the inFAMOUS collection includes 2 full PS3 games and one PSN game. If that happens, I’m definitely buying it. Ever since I tried All 4 One on PS Plus, I’ve been hooked on the series! Not the best game to introduce someone to the franchise, but effective, nonetheless.

+ Anti-form on August 6th, 2012 at 11:08 am said:

Now would this already use preexisting save data? or would it make entirely new data?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 11:14 am said:

These should be able to use pre-existing save data.

+ Se7en0ps on August 6th, 2012 at 11:08 am said:

Man! My dilemma now is : “Should I wait and see if there will be a complete R&C collection that includes both the HD remasters and the three PS3 releases?” With you guys, who put something on sale and give it away the next week, we never know.

+ BlaqMagiq24 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

Will the God of War Saga and inFamous collections be box collections like the Uncharted one or will they be multi-disced in a Blu-Ray case?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 11:14 am said:

Two discs in a standard Blu Ray case!

+ JeffWii33 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

So glad i waited and didn’t buy any god of war, until now. This is a really great surprise!

+ Super-Collins-30 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:16 am said:

this is amazing! i love collection games.
is there any chance that you guys could pull a few strings and make a remastered version of the kingdom hearts games???? they are my favorite games ever but i dont have any of the new consoles to play the new ones on. and my ps2 broke a while back…
even just buying them on the psn store would be enough for me!
is it possible? or am i just dreaming big?

+ Cry_Zero on August 6th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

What about Europe? Does the GOW Saga come out in here too?

+ jveloz21 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:22 am said:

Hey I’m really stoked for the God of War saga. I have all the God of War games, but I have them all on separate and outdated systems. $40 seems fair for 5 full games but I was wondering what exactly does the bonus content include? I have some dlc skins for God of War III such the Deimos skin and the Morpheus armor but not all of them. It would be awesome it brought all the skins including the Dominus armor with the challenge of exile as well as the soundtracks for all games. Lastly, what does you mean by “DUALSHOCK Control”? isn’t it assumed that if the games come out for the ps3 that it will be compatible with the dualshochk controller?

+ xxnike629xx on August 6th, 2012 at 11:26 am said:

I’ll just have to see what this God of War Saga Collection is.
I really hope that it doesn’t have that ugly red Greatest Hits logo and box art. If and only then, I may consider the purchase, or else I will stick with my games that I have now for the PS3.

I suspect an Uncharted and Resistance series will get a collection set like this..or at least I hope for 1.

On a side note, Sony!! Why haven’t you guys been talking with Square-Enix into remastering the Kingdom Hearts series for the PS3 in HD? The games already have amazing graphics and if we can get them in wide screen, 720p native HD, 60 fps, fast load times, install, trophies… Yea. Guaranteed seller!

If you guys do this, please please try to get us US gamers the Final Mix versions for the games. They are currently Japan exclusive, however, the voices are all in English. They contain additional items, weapons, scenes, bosses, etc from the US PS2 version that we have. PLEASE DO THIS!

Oh and please make sure you guys bring trophy support for games like COD4: Modern Warfare, Devil May Cry 4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1, Resistance Fall of Man…and I’m sure there are more games.

Thank you!

+ hassan2012king on August 6th, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

Those are awesome bundles, i’m thinking of picking up the GOW bundle because i only have GOW 1 and 2! Good job sony!!!

+ infamousXX87XX on August 6th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

Just payed off my copy of Darksiders 2 and pre-ordered the Ratchet and Clank Collection. The God of War saga looks very enticing even though I beat the 3 main games. Might have to pick that up too

+ Snakebyte42 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

Now I’m kind of annoyed that I own all these already… I got Infamous free after the PSN outage and bought the Hero Edition of 2, and paid something like $75 for all five god of war games (plus probably another $100 for my original PS2 copies) and I thought THAT was a good deal. You guys sometimes make my wallet sad.

I’m still in for the R&C collection, though, and I hope more show up that I don’t own already. :D

+ Hikko23 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

This is the greatest idea in a long time!
I’ll definitely have the GoW Saga standing beside my Pandora’s Box!

+ wildcat_zulu on August 6th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

Yo! These collections are Dope.

+ JM2111 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

this is a good offer

+ ghostnappa4 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

Tons of games coming out the 28th! Journey, inFAMOUS, God of War, and Ratchet and Clank collections. Plus UC 3 GOTY. damn

+ SKulLLFaCeKILLa on August 6th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSEEEE

+ Davidgui on August 6th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

This is perfect! I was about to buy inFamous 1 a couple days ago, but couldn’t. Now there’s gonna be a collection? It’s like you guys read my mind! Gonna get that day one.
Now if you guys do the same thing for Uncharted, I will be very happy.

+ FreddyGPaulsen on August 6th, 2012 at 11:50 am said:

It will not be the full saga without God Of War Assencion….

+ blindmonster on August 6th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

Will it be out in countries like Mexico or wont come out of U.S.A??

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

The Ratchet & Clank Collection will be available, but not the other two.

+ JVBGFR on August 6th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

What about God of War: Betrayal? Why isn’t it included in the God of War Saga?

+ lbtrier on August 6th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

Any plans for Brazil (or Latin America)?

+ Zoidzerg on August 6th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

Missed the GoW series entirely so might give it a try. I am that one guy who did not like Infamous. Ratchet and Clank is goodness.

Happy pie.

+ Chibivamp7 on August 6th, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

this is awesome! i’d totally get the inFAMOUS one :3

+ Meister_Zeigler on August 6th, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

This is all good stuff, but where is Ratchet: Deadlocked?… Oh and is the GoW collection still stretched screen format cause that’s a make it or break it for me…

+ jose213jose on August 6th, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

you just made my day for god of war collection, I’m 100% buying the game. So this is disc base game and download too?

+ tusunami on August 6th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

I like what Sony is doing with the playstation collection, all i need is the ratchet coolection & i’m all set!!!!

+ Halberdier17 on August 6th, 2012 at 12:08 pm said:

I plan on getting the God of War Saga I never played the God of War series except for ten minutes my friend had Chains of Olympus on his PSP. I didn’t get around to getting this because I didn’t feel like catching up but since they are going to be bundled I wouldn’t mind playing them all.

I also will get the inFAMOUS collection I have inFAMOUS 1 but I still haven’t gotten around to purchasing inFAMOUS 2 and Festival of Blood.

+ PlatinumAura on August 6th, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

Does this mean GoW 3 is now available for ps3 via download (as it said playstation store) If so I’ll pick that up and sell my disc! I already own the download of of 1 and 2 and Origins

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 12:13 pm said:

God of War 3 will not be available on the Store by this date.

+ ReapersDMFSM on August 6th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

GOD OF WAR SAGA FOR 40 BUCKS, MAN! But that sucks for me because i already have GOW 1,2, AND 3, i dont have origins, if this pack comes out will god of wars origins be cheaper? please reply i really want to get origins!!

+ KnightCrawler88 on August 6th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

why is god of war 1 & 2 a download and not on a disc i would like to have all on a discs not as a download

+ Lego_My_Eggo on August 6th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

I was considering getting all the God of War games for the PS3, this just made that decision a lot easier. Sony, never stop making HD updates and awesome collections.

+ PlatinumAura on August 6th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

DARN IT I meant at release…thats what I get for not proofreading I meant when it releases.

+ Joe-TFW on August 6th, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

Even at $40, the God of War Saga is still a fantastic value. Same with inFamous.

+ fgab2 on August 6th, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

Did they will come out in canada or no??

+ hoipexn on August 6th, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:

What is this? No Killzone, Resistance, WipEout, Buzz or SingStar mega-collection-saga-edition?
GoW is cool, but R&C already is out there and infamous isn’t quite the saga yet…
Just put WipEout 2048 HD Fury in the Store with bonus making-of, music and artwork for Pete’s sake…

And where are the new action-adventure franchises by SCE? We need new refreshing stuff people!!!

+ JVBGFR on August 6th, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:

What about God of War: Betrayal? Can we get some kind of answer about it. Like maybe a possible future PSN release at least?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 1:06 pm said:

Got nothing on it. Sorry!

+ matthewwhatever on August 6th, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:

On Sucker Punch’s Facebook page/Twitter, they’re saying that the inFamous collection is $29.99, not $39.99 – which is the correct price?

+ jojeaux22 on August 6th, 2012 at 1:01 pm said:

I, myself, would love the dot hack games in some form of collection. I loved that series.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8