Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Aug 06

God of War Saga

Never Stop Playing With PlayStation Collections

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Cristian Cardona on Aug 06, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

You folks may have read on the internets about our upcoming release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Well, we’ve decided to make August 28th an extra sweet shopping day by releasing it alongside the God of War Saga and inFAMOUS Collection!

God of War SagainFAMOUS CollectionRatchet & Clank Collection

Notice the shiny new things we’ve put on the packaging! What does it mean? Why does Ratchet look so good in green? The answer to most of those questions is that we’re officially introducing our Collections line with these releases on August 28th. Over the years we’ve had all sorts of great deals come your way and moving forward, this is how we plan on presenting them to our consumers. From August 28th on out, you’ll be able to easily spot these classic installments at retailers, as well as on the PlayStation Store, and know that you’ll be getting the greatest PlayStation has to offer — at the best prices around!

You should already know what’s in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, but here’s what you’ll find in the other two:

God of War Saga

• God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
  • Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

inFAMOUS Collection

• inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • Extra missions
  • Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles

Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.

Keep an eye on the Blog as we bring you some additional news in the coming weeks, about which games you can expect to get their own Collections this fall!

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

+ SnoochyBoochiez on August 6th, 2012 at 8:58 pm said:

Well I already planned on picking up Ratchet and Clank, BUT INFAMOUS??? And you tell me the God of War series comes with a PS plus month too?! I regret buying my controller/origins bundle now as well as infamous deluxe on PSN -.- Will still be grabbing R&C though

+ SnoochyBoochiez on August 6th, 2012 at 8:59 pm said:

Whoever said a collection for the twisted metal series is aware that Twisted Metal comes with a download voucer for Black, yes?

+ traderghost on August 6th, 2012 at 9:04 pm said:

That’s it! I will finally try the Ratchet and Clank series, since the price is so right! Never played a single R&C title before but this collection is too good to pass. Now, how about a Little Big Planet Collection together with all the DLC and the tons of costumes, eh Sony?

+ kidwithdahair03 on August 6th, 2012 at 9:08 pm said:

+ moecage on August 6th, 2012 at 9:21 pm said:

how were these games picked ? i understand the popularity behind God Of War,but i think uncharted , resistance, killzone or even SOCOM are more popular than inFAMOUS (which is one of my most favorite games ever)Just a thought.

+ Vyprstryke on August 6th, 2012 at 9:23 pm said:

DL vouchers for games are a huge bummer. What if 15 years from now, I’m feeling nostalgic and want to play some Festival of Blood but no longer have the ps3 I downloaded it on? I don’t hold much hope that it’ll still be available for dl on whatever iteration of psn will be around then. However, these are all amazing games and i do hope it tips those who have yet to play them to get them finally. Especially inFamous. It’s just a shame that digital is apparently a huge thing now, or at least the direction that a lot of publishers and developers are swaying. I fear a lot of great games that are psn only are going to be lost forever one day. I think physical disc collections of psn hits would be a great idea. Not this voucher stuff. I didn’t hesitate to plop down money for thatgamecompany’s Journey Collection. DL vouchers are ok for things like soundtracks, themes and avatars. Not full games. Just my opinion though. Had the inFamous collection had all 3 games on disc, I’d gladly buy them again just to have an actual copy of FoB.

+ Vyprstryke on August 6th, 2012 at 9:23 pm said:

Also, I echo the many cries for a Socom HD Collection. It’d be a fine tribute to Zipper Interactive and a blast to play them again. I think there are enough disappointed Socom fans out there who are dying to play the original 3 again….well mainly the first 2 but still lol :-) pleeeeease make it happen!

+ Vyprstryke on August 6th, 2012 at 9:24 pm said:

@276, the first run of Twisted Metal came with a voucher for Twisted Metal: Black. Chances are, you won’t be finding any of those copies on store shelves anymore.

+ remanutd5 on August 6th, 2012 at 9:32 pm said:

at 277 after you play the Ratchet and Clank collection you seriously need to play Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction and Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time. A Crack in Time ranks among my top 10 favorite ps3 games.

+ Yadiieliito24 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:07 pm said:

Sony is the best, there have been many times I almost brought how collection but it was worth the waiting. SO MUCH WIN!

+ Darth-Krayt on August 6th, 2012 at 10:09 pm said:

People asking for a Killzone collection?………..ummmmmm……how many Killzone games have come out on PS3 again? A “collection” of 2 games doesn’t make much sense, does it?

Besides, even if Killzone were released as a PS2 classic a while back, it would no longer have online, which would suck for a Killzone collection, since Killzone 1’s online was so awesome.

But fret not…….I’m fairly certain Killzone (1) HD is in the works. I think it was a last minute decision, which is why it was so suddenly pulled from the store update that week. PS2’s hardware REALLY held back Killzone 1, and that wouldn’t be fixed as a PS2 classic. It’s a far better choice for gamers and for profits, to re-release the game on the PS3 hardware. Hopefully they’ll even use their servers to get the online back up and running.

As much as I love Killzone 2 and 3, Killzone 1 is still my favorite console FPS of all time. And to see that game not held back by hardware would be amazing to me.

+ Gappychan on August 6th, 2012 at 10:22 pm said:

Dear Sony,
From here on out, please do all collections in this epic white style box art. Very smart, an very recognizable.
I have infamous 1 and 2, but I plan on selling them to save space and have the better box art, and festival of blood.
Can’t wait to get the other collections too.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 7th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

Glad you like the designs =)

+ CloudVStrifeII on August 6th, 2012 at 10:23 pm said:

1 + 2 in the culture do? Will be listed it? I think all the culture of Asia should be very excited!SONY help fulfill my wish ~ have not played the players of this series of three compilation all in the culture of Asia, players will be very happy to dig into their pockets to buy!

+ Matrix_Lion on August 6th, 2012 at 11:06 pm said:

All three collections have me intrigued and I really like the GOW artwork.

+ iroter on August 6th, 2012 at 11:17 pm said:

Are they releasing a patch for the people (like myself) who already own all the games in the collection? (I have all 5 GoW and all 3 inFamous). Hopefully they do, because it seems unfair to miss out on the new missions and costumes if you already own the games.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 7th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

None of the content is new. It’s all content that has been released through previous programs.

+ Sydraves on August 6th, 2012 at 11:54 pm said:

I also have a question:
What versions are the discs? I mean, are those the regular discs, new discs or those ugly platinum discs?
Furthermore: If I have all God of War Games, where is the advantage of this collection? Which extra-content is included?

Thanks for the answers in advance :)

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 7th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

You mean the artwork on the discs? It’ll match the style of the packaging. If you have all the God of War games, then the only advantage would be to get the sweet packaging? ;)

+ Shug244 on August 7th, 2012 at 12:06 am said:

im just getting the gow collection im a fan of rachet&clank since ps2 but i bought all of them a while back n was angrey how many had no trophies yes im all about about the trophies its a contest between me n alot of friends because it shows what we have accomplished n i just love seeing a trophy show in the right hand corner.As 4 the infamous collection i have one getting year sub 4 psplus so i automaticly get 2 long enough 2 platinum n fob is only $10 so no prob

+ Undrey on August 7th, 2012 at 12:35 am said:

As someone above or on the previous page said, there should be a whole Sly Collection, with the Original Sly Collection and the 4th one all in one pack.

+ Skarz1989 on August 7th, 2012 at 2:10 am said:

back to comment #9
why on earth is it 3 disc games and 2 dlcs? why could it had not just been a 2 or 3 disc box? i already am running out of space thanks to how great psplus already is. that last huge update sent my ps3 from 180gb to 100gb (not kidding) i dont wanna download more if i dont need to but i want to get that GOW set =o

+ CloudVStrifeII on August 7th, 2012 at 3:11 am said:

Hope that 1 + 2 in culture.And trafficking in Taiwan …. Wait Asia!I believe many people recall ~

+ Dragun619 on August 7th, 2012 at 3:40 am said:

How about the Inside Art/ Art inside the case? Will it be like The Team Ico Collection with Reversible covers? And if not, are the huge gold/ Includes 5 Games, a Sticker? That would be really nice to have a clean cover without the logo “Include 5 Games” and maybe the Move Sticker. Please consider this argh. :/

And here’s another collection that would be cool to see. Metal Gear Solid Saga. Especially now, that Konami finally released the MGS4 Patch and it’s the MGS Anniversary coming up.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 7th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

The art inside the cases is different for each one, but in my opinion, is REALLY nice artwork =)
    It’s not the packfront without the branding, but we think fans will dig ’em.

+ Shou_Kobayashi on August 7th, 2012 at 6:35 am said:

Will Europe also get sth. like this or is this US only :(? I would love to buy GoW …

+ Shou_Kobayashi on August 7th, 2012 at 6:46 am said:

Just read, no plans for europe… so long for letting everyone in …

+ SnoochyBoochiez on August 7th, 2012 at 7:02 am said:

Since we’re speaking about collections, why no HD classic GTA collection? THAT’S worth my money. Vice City/SanAndreas/GTA3 redone on 1 disc for PS3 please :) Oh, and online co-op for San Andreas (or the others) is cool, too!

+ notherbob on August 7th, 2012 at 8:05 am said:

Bah!.. I was hoping by some idiotic twist of fate it was going to be for Vita..

Back to the land of dreams.. :p

+ jds07 on August 7th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

I’m definitely getting that Ratchet and Clank Collection for sure, but I wished it had a Vita version with cross-play saves like the Metal Gear Solid Collection. I know we can’t satisfy everybody or do everything at one time, but I just had to put that out there.

+ lodgedrocket on August 7th, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

Really excited for the God of War one. Only played the first one, this is great for people like me new to PS3.

+ KamikazeRoy on August 7th, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

Will the God Of War Saga cost 39.99 in Canada too?

+ FLYPino on August 7th, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

I’m anticipating a Killzone Collection, an Uncharted Collection (after UC3: GotY Edition gets some sales at $49.99), and a Resistance Collection (rather than that “Trilogy” edition that was supposedly outed by Amazon.fr a few months ago).

Am I right so far?

Oh, and maybe even an MGS Collection (if MGS1 gets a solid re-make).

+ FLYPino on August 7th, 2012 at 8:49 am said:

By the way, the gold on the boxes look great. They look better than that awful red for Greatest Hits games…

+ Gannondorf on August 7th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

Any plans on a kingdom hearts collection? i really miss that game!

+ Sydraves on August 7th, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

Thanks for the answer about the discs but I’m afraid, I forgot to ask in the same step, what colour the Gamebox is. I mean, the Platinum-Games have an ugly platinum-box, the Greatest-Hits-Games have an ugly red. What about these collections? Do they have the regular transparent boxes? They are the most beautiful ones D=

Anyway: I will definitally buy these collections, all of them. I just have to find a shop, which delivers to Germany X_x

+ alvarorugam on August 7th, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

It would be great that you add a choice on the PSN store, where we can give games as gift, because I own the three Infamous games, but the digital versions, so I can not give then as gift right now to buy this collection.

By the way Really nice artwork on those covers.

+ zypher_pain on August 7th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

When will we ever see an awesome collection like the Fatal Frame series either made into an HD collection or just a psn download of the ps2 games?

+ syosset80 on August 7th, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

Is the infamous collection all going to be on 1 blu ray disc?

+ LeoCantus3141 on August 7th, 2012 at 1:37 pm said:

I’m going to take a moment to appreciate this packaging. Kudos to whoever helped design and pick these covers; they’re simple, striking, uncluttered, and cohesive with each other. Also I’m curious, are the old Sony collections like “The Sly Collection”, or the “Jak and Daxter Collection” going to get rebranded to fit this series? I’m thinking of picking up the “Jak and Daxter Collection” some time after I get the Ratchet & Clank one, and a cover like these three would be the icing on the cake.

+ Insomnia999 on August 7th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

Definitely need a Socom Collection! I think it would be smart if it was a PS4 launch title. All the core gamers would jump on the new system.

+ Insomnia999 on August 7th, 2012 at 3:46 pm said:

@302 Agree- the red color scheme of the “Greatest Hits” games is not appealing.

+ mathboy3 on August 7th, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

A Sly Cooper collection including Sly 4 would be cool. And a ATV Offroad Fury collection (anyone remember?) And a Killzone collection.

+ mathboy3 on August 7th, 2012 at 4:39 pm said:

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger and Spider-Man movie games collection. I know this might not be possible but it would be great.

+ ZERO_x000 on August 7th, 2012 at 5:57 pm said:

epic collections, and would be cool if sony make a deal with tecmo to make a hd fatal frame collection :D

+ WANSWINS on August 7th, 2012 at 7:14 pm said:

+ NXSoler09 on August 7th, 2012 at 9:09 pm said:

So, that means that i will be able to buy God of war 3 on the PSN Store? :D

+ SUFFERINGCHAOS on August 7th, 2012 at 10:43 pm said:

Will Each game in the collection have it own case? Say for instance i buy the infamous Collection will infamous 2 and 1 have their own disc and case ?

+ Twice_the_A on August 7th, 2012 at 11:30 pm said:

Y is every1 getting so upset at Cristian for? For being human? I’m sure he was just caught up in all the hype of the God of War Saga having, oh i don’t know, 5 GAMES! And Bonus Content. Sure it’s not for $30, but is $40 for 5 (Great) Games and bonus content so much that no 3D support in GoW3 make you say he should be fired!? C’mon… Hope you see daylight again soon Cristian! lol

+ bigboi_21 on August 7th, 2012 at 11:49 pm said:

It’s already been established that i’m picking up R&C Collection, but i’ve been putting off getting the GoW Collections having already played them all and owning GoW III. But i’m gonna give GoW III away and buy this ultimate bundle simply because i’m that big of a fan, and i would love to play the original GoW’s in chronological order in HD. Thank you Sony.

+ BettyBlueGT on August 8th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

I’ll pass on this… God of war the 1st game makes you use a trigger button for opening chest and crap. Not breaking my controller.

+ layton211 on August 8th, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

when put to god of war saga in Pre-order

+ Spidey-guy on August 8th, 2012 at 3:12 pm said:

I mean if Sony won’t even support the Vita- why would you expect 3rd parties to?

This is a no brainer guys! I remember back when the Vita was “NGP” you guys went on and on about how easy it was to convert a PS3 game (MGS4).

I really feel ripped off about the whole Vita thing. You guys treat it like it is a competitors system. What is the problem with Vita support?!?

+ skipper-50 on August 8th, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

plis answer. will bring spanish language?

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 8