Far Cry 4

Never Stop Playing With PlayStation Collections

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Aug 06, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

You folks may have read on the internets about our upcoming release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Well, we’ve decided to make August 28th an extra sweet shopping day by releasing it alongside the God of War Saga and inFAMOUS Collection!

God of War SagainFAMOUS CollectionRatchet & Clank Collection

Notice the shiny new things we’ve put on the packaging! What does it mean? Why does Ratchet look so good in green? The answer to most of those questions is that we’re officially introducing our Collections line with these releases on August 28th. Over the years we’ve had all sorts of great deals come your way and moving forward, this is how we plan on presenting them to our consumers. From August 28th on out, you’ll be able to easily spot these classic installments at retailers, as well as on the PlayStation Store, and know that you’ll be getting the greatest PlayStation has to offer — at the best prices around!

You should already know what’s in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, but here’s what you’ll find in the other two:

God of War Saga

• God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
  • Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

inFAMOUS Collection

• inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • Extra missions
  • Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles

Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.

Keep an eye on the Blog as we bring you some additional news in the coming weeks, about which games you can expect to get their own Collections this fall!

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

+ HardJoker on August 6th, 2012 at 1:01 pm said:

Now release a Collection for the PS3 Ratchet and Clanks!!

+ Firemutt on August 6th, 2012 at 1:07 pm said:

OMG CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEE MAKE ONE FOR KINGDOM HEARTS, that’s probably the best game series ever, i just atleast want kingdom hearts 1 and 2 in HD for ps3

+ SlyCooperFan100 on August 6th, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

I have to say, your blog posts are the best, Cristian. Even though you make a typo like GoW III having 3D compatibility (sorry about the whole not-seeing-the-sun-for-a-week thing, but at least it’s better than being fired), you still take the time to reply to as many comments as you can. I haven’t seen any other blogger on the PS Blog do this. Thank you for taking the time to answer everyone’s questions and even comment on some of our reactions. :D

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 1:48 pm said:

Thanks! =D
    Few things are worse than commenting into a black hole.

It’s a shame I’ll be sparkling, but maybe I can use it to pick up on chicks who like vampires.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 1:48 pm said:

Actually, I’m married so nevermind. I think I’ll just have to sit here and sparkle.

+ Mathwim on August 6th, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

GOW COMPLETE SAGA FOR 39.99? PLEASE 20%off for PLUS!

+ D-Squad3 on August 6th, 2012 at 1:20 pm said:

Hey! Whatever the heck happened to the Sly Cooper Treasure Design Contest?!! The deadline is way overdue!

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 1:49 pm said:

We’ll have an update on winners for the US soon!

+ F_J-E-N-N-O_5 on August 6th, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

Will it only be PS exclusives?
It would have been amazing if they do games that’s not exclusive like the Batman games with the dlc’s that would be amazing.
When r u guys going to announce more collections?

+ retro25 on August 6th, 2012 at 1:30 pm said:

Awesome collections there, but how about The Sly Collection added to these collections. I wonder if there will be the GTA collection includes GTA3,GTA Vice City,GTA San Andreas,GTA LCS and GTA VCS remastered in HD(that will be awesome).

+ MagikarpPwnsAll on August 6th, 2012 at 1:32 pm said:

As others have stated I’d also love to see a .hack// HD collection. As for the collections listed I will definitely be picking up the God of War Saga. I cant wait to play GOW 3 in 3D

+ DeVeAn on August 6th, 2012 at 1:32 pm said:

Do us all a favor and remove that damn move sticker from the front cover. It looks amazing otherwise. Besides Collections should be uniform. It makes infamous look different from the other collections.

+ Kchow23 on August 6th, 2012 at 1:35 pm said:

Will the extra content be made available to users who have already bought all of these games before? I wouldn’t want to spend $80 on 7 games that I already own :)

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 1:50 pm said:

No plans at the moment, unfortunately. =/

+ Kchow23 on August 6th, 2012 at 1:37 pm said:

P.S Will these be the new style of box arts for all HD collections? I think they look great and a far greater improvement than the one seen on the DMC collection.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 1:51 pm said:

It’ll be the new style we’ll be using for our Collections moving forward. Glad you like them!

+ j0se_tony on August 6th, 2012 at 1:37 pm said:

Will any of the GoW or inFAMOUS content be new. I mean I bought the GoW III content and the inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition, so if I buy this I want to know what I’m getting that I don’t already have.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 1:52 pm said:

It’ll all be pre-existing content.

+ SANDMAN181314 on August 6th, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

hell yea i got all they 5 games of gow n i wanna get the god of war sage to see how it is bc u get 1 month of plus n i wanna buy to they infamous collection too badass i lovee ps3 rockss

+ SpiritThief on August 6th, 2012 at 1:49 pm said:

I was into the God of War collection.

Until I noticed its half on disc and other half is download.

Beyond lame Sony. Way to spit in our faces.

+ PrinceofXIII on August 6th, 2012 at 1:54 pm said:

GODLY COLLECTION O_O

+ Theworldoftonyy on August 6th, 2012 at 1:55 pm said:

I would love an Uncharted collection. Haven´t played any of those.

+ j0se_tony on August 6th, 2012 at 1:57 pm said:

So the GoW Saga comes with a controller? Do you know if it’s a red one like the previous collections? The only thing that turns me away is the fact that the Origins Collection is a voucher. I might just buy the Origins Collection bundle online. It’s on blu ray and comes with a red controller.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 2:13 pm said:

Uh, no controller included. Just means DualShock support =)

+ HunterRSkiff on August 6th, 2012 at 1:58 pm said:

No Socom HD collection .what the hell is up with at Sony?????

+ j0se_tony on August 6th, 2012 at 2:01 pm said:

And thanks for answering my previous question. So there is no way I could ever get the Deimos skin for GoW III?

+ drags_ on August 6th, 2012 at 2:10 pm said:

Is this why MGS4 is just getting trophies now after four years? Going to release MGS 2,3,4 & PW in the next batch of Playstation Collections? I figured out your plan.

+ cano74 on August 6th, 2012 at 2:10 pm said:

Will previous Collections get the new design or will they keep the old one?

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

They’ll keep the old one unless they’re re-printed.

+ nandausz on August 6th, 2012 at 2:14 pm said:

Excelente idea, deberian hacer lo mismo con las sagas mas importantes como por ejemplo assassins creed y los metal gear ….esperamos mas buenas noticias los fanaticos.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 2:18 pm said:

¿Quién sabe? Tal vez van a hacer lo mismo.

+ smushums on August 6th, 2012 at 2:14 pm said:

I already have my copy of the Ratchet & Clank collection pre ordered can’t hardly wait .

+ Muzy72 on August 6th, 2012 at 2:15 pm said:

Please release a Ratchet and Clank Future collection as well! And an Uncharted collection would be pretty sweet too~

+ angibri2000 on August 6th, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

Only Ratchet and Clank for me! Already got everything else =( and with PS+ I only had to pay for the first Infamous. =)

+ xPREDICTIONx on August 6th, 2012 at 2:17 pm said:

ANOTHER KICK TO THE BALLS FOR SOCOM FANS!! GO SONY!

+ F_J-E-N-N-O_5 on August 6th, 2012 at 2:19 pm said:

Dude are the saga collections only going to be playstation exclusive games?

+ fester420 on August 6th, 2012 at 2:20 pm said:

If you patch GOW3 with 3d I will be your best friend.

+ Destiny89 on August 6th, 2012 at 2:23 pm said:

guess i’ll get GoW collection and RnC collection

+ zorax150 on August 6th, 2012 at 2:31 pm said:

will the ratchet and clank collection be all on disc?

and will the infamous collection all be on the disc?

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 2:57 pm said:

RC all on one disc!
    inFAMOUS on two separate discs with Festival of Blood via voucher.

+ VKTH777 on August 6th, 2012 at 3:00 pm said:

Already had the Ratchet & Clank 1 preordered months ago (Even though I’ve played those all on PS2 but oh the nostalgia). Already played all the GOW & Infamous games. Just need to get Jak & Daxter. Truthfully have never played it.

+ IcedDice777 on August 6th, 2012 at 3:03 pm said:

Cool…i’ll take the ratchet and clank collection. Now, a DARK CLOUD 1 and 2 and Rogue Galaxy collection with trophies would give sony permission to print money! Also, Socom 1 Socom 2 Socom 3 collection in a single Bluray with trophies would be awesome too!

+ StealthBlade98 on August 6th, 2012 at 3:15 pm said:

Ratchet and Clank i’ll be getting but the other two I already have the games so it’s pointless for me anyway.

+ Gadirok on August 6th, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

I seriously hope this isin’t the only thing that Sucker Punch was working on since FoB and am eagerly anticipating their next title.

I just went back to their previous gen games by purchasing the sly collection and am working my way through sly 2 as we speak.

All I gotta say is, your the masters of open world, can’t wait to hear the next title you guys are going to announce.

+ ZombiesTT on August 6th, 2012 at 3:50 pm said:

I wasn’t really interested in the God of War games but for $40.00 I’ll definitely pick up the collection!

+ alvarorugam on August 6th, 2012 at 3:53 pm said:

Did I misundestand this quote???

“From August 28th on out, you’ll be able to easily spot these classic installments at retailers, as well as on the PlayStation Store”

Are we going to be able to buy this collections on the Playstation store??? GOW3 will be at the online store???

It would be great to see GOW3 finally coming to PSN store

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 4:45 pm said:

Just a few paragraphs down is ‘select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.’

Not all of our Collections will be available on the Store, but that’s how we’ll be branding them when they arrive.

+ Big_John51 on August 6th, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

Do all of them come out on August 28th and where can I pre order?

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 4:46 pm said:

They do come out 08/28! You can pre order at participating retailers once their links are up later this week (or just walk in)!

+ figdonpat on August 6th, 2012 at 4:00 pm said:

When are we going to get a SOCOM Collection?!?!? Check the Playstation.Blog Share! WE WANT OLD SCHOOL SOCOM!!!

+ Meister_Zeigler on August 6th, 2012 at 4:02 pm said:

Hey Christian, thanks for answering everyone elses questions except for mine! :D

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

Hard to answer questions when I don’t have the answers for them =)

+ Apeman24 on August 6th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

Fantastic, now where is my Final Fantasy X HD? Oh how I want it so bad!

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 4:48 pm said:

Me too! Still waiting on more news on that =/

+ J-Skee on August 6th, 2012 at 4:10 pm said:

This is great, but I have two questions:

1. Going forward, will collections from 3rd party publishers (ex. Capcom or Ubisoft) receive the same box treatment?
2. Will previous collections get the same box treatment or will this be for those going forward?

Again, awesome stuff & can’t wait until the 28th!!!

+ Apeman24 on August 6th, 2012 at 4:14 pm said:

Ohhhh ya hopefully announce at the Tokyo game show, kingdom hearts collection!

+ GameMSTR9000 on August 6th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

HOLY COW! This is gonna be one heck of a day, August 28th! I have a question though:
What is the price exactly for the God of War Saga? I plan to pick it up, but I only have about $30.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 4:48 pm said:

Just come up with 9.99 more and you’ll be good =)
    So, uh, $39.99

+ Gadirok on August 6th, 2012 at 4:20 pm said:

@239:

The community manager already mentioned that the price point of the infamous and god of war saga is 39.99

R&C is 29.99

+ DwightSchrute12 on August 6th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

I’m kinda disappointed that 2 of the 5 God of War Games are via voucher. I know, I know, it’s still a great deal, but my ps3 is already packed to the brim of demos/games/saves and with new PS+ games every month it just gets worse. I really wish it could have been a 3-disc set.

I do hope there is some sort of box/warning or something on the cover art that says “12GB required” or whatever is needed for Origins so some poor sap doesn’t get home and not have room for them.

+ Jesteraron on August 6th, 2012 at 4:23 pm said:

Cristian, will the Origins portion of the God of War Saga (Retail) be a voucher then that we have to download the game? Or will a game disc for all 5 games be included?

+ Dr_Squishy on August 6th, 2012 at 4:31 pm said:

If I get a Kingdom Hearts Collection, I will throw my money at Sony and Square.

+ myPSismyfriend on August 6th, 2012 at 4:32 pm said:

Just wondering for us who already have GOW3, will the GOW collection and GOW origins collection have their price reduced?

+ Kchow23 on August 6th, 2012 at 4:42 pm said:

Will it be clear that you will need an internet connection to play some of the games? Not really an issue for me, but I’m sure someone will be bummed that they won’t be able to play all of the games that they’ve purchased.

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 4:50 pm said:

Yep! Back of packaging will state that you need a connection to access some of the content.

+ ItaChu on August 6th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

aaaaawwww it was just a typo to get people hyped …. bad move sony ….but the gow saga is still a good deal

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 8