Uncharted 4

Aug 06

God of War Saga

Never Stop Playing With PlayStation Collections

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Cristian Cardona on Aug 06, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

You folks may have read on the internets about our upcoming release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Well, we’ve decided to make August 28th an extra sweet shopping day by releasing it alongside the God of War Saga and inFAMOUS Collection!

God of War SagainFAMOUS CollectionRatchet & Clank Collection

Notice the shiny new things we’ve put on the packaging! What does it mean? Why does Ratchet look so good in green? The answer to most of those questions is that we’re officially introducing our Collections line with these releases on August 28th. Over the years we’ve had all sorts of great deals come your way and moving forward, this is how we plan on presenting them to our consumers. From August 28th on out, you’ll be able to easily spot these classic installments at retailers, as well as on the PlayStation Store, and know that you’ll be getting the greatest PlayStation has to offer — at the best prices around!

You should already know what’s in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, but here’s what you’ll find in the other two:

God of War Saga

• God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
  • Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

inFAMOUS Collection

• inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • Extra missions
  • Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles

Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.

Keep an eye on the Blog as we bring you some additional news in the coming weeks, about which games you can expect to get their own Collections this fall!

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8

+ eth1979 on August 9th, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

Will these eventually see a PS Vita release also? I would like to see inFAMOUS collection on the PS Vita.

+ clordy on August 10th, 2012 at 6:12 am said:

Christian, please tell us what languages does each game supports. Thanks a lot, alreaday preordered ny GOW ;)

+ mmaso001 on August 10th, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:

I have a question about another collection that will be coming out soon and that is the Resident Evil Anthology. What games will be disc based and which ones are downloadable? Also were the original games digitally remastered or do they still have the graphics from the original playstation? Also will the director’s cut for the games be a part of the collection or the original ones?

+ mmaso001 on August 10th, 2012 at 2:26 pm said:

Also was wondering if there will be a volume 2 for the Jak and Daxter series and eventually the Ratchet and Clank series?

+ nicobarrera on August 10th, 2012 at 4:54 pm said:

Hello, I wanted to know if all the GOW saga will be in the store on August 28? will be in Spanish? thanks

+ shogunevolution on August 11th, 2012 at 7:48 pm said:

Infamous 2 will have the same language of the original?

+ devildog1357 on August 11th, 2012 at 11:25 pm said:

c’mon, if your gonna make collection of playstation-only games then of course you need little big planet collection and uncharted collection. but besides that i think its a great idea, I’m probably gonna get the infamous one!

+ Behemoth93 on August 12th, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

I am very happy for these well priced and awesome bundles this makes me more happy that i left Microsoft and joined the Sony team. Now i do have a question one of you can hopefully answer. I love the god of war idea having them all in one box (well not literally), but the real question is with the voucher. Is the voucher gonna be the ps3 version where it will only be accessible on the ps3 or will it be the psp type voucher were it will only play on the vita and ps3 or god willing will it be both so that i can play it on my ps3 and my vita. I hope some one can answer i would like to know because if the voucher will enable it to be downloaded to my vita i am buying this in a heart beat. If not i wont buy it because i have all of them. Thanks for any replies and sorry for grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors i am in a big hurry and am doing this in a rush,

+ Behemoth93 on August 12th, 2012 at 5:28 pm said:

a killzone box set is also where you should look next where you get killzone 2 and 3 and a hd remake of the first game i have been looking forward to that and really want a complete collection. take it from a big fan and great player of the series. That and work with capcom on a resident evil box set with remakes of the games (hd remakes dont touch the games in any other way) and all games of the franchise included having this will increase revenue of the system and of the franchise. It would be perfect timing to because six is coming out. With that before anyone else comments yes i know this was released only in japan but i want it here in America and I would like it soon even if i have to pay 100 buck its worth it to support Sony and the dying capcom (the new devil may cry looks shitty, the street fighter bullshit of re-releasing the same game 17 times, and the disaster of operation raccoon city

+ Warlockboy42 on August 13th, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

maybe a naughty dog collection? add uncharted 1, 2, 3 and golden abyss plus the jak and daxter trilogy

+ Nightfox_27 on August 14th, 2012 at 6:48 pm said:

you guys should make a jak and daxter collection :)

+ marKolix on August 15th, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

date for Europe?

+ VictorMF92 on August 16th, 2012 at 12:18 am said:

PLEASE lower the “3D compatible” a bit… and please¬≥¬≥ make the “includes 5 games” a sticker that’s easy to pull off!! :D

+ Vv_An7iHeRo_vV on August 16th, 2012 at 7:16 pm said:

Those box arts look awesome. sony should make all there collections with these matching box arts. they should make an uncharted collection (all 3 + golden abyss). and im pretty sure there isnt a killzone collection yet for some reason.

+ DevilDriver-339 on August 18th, 2012 at 2:03 pm said:

+ theMARTINS21 on August 20th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

um i hav all god of wars and the psp ones on the psp,is it a good investment to buy this god of war collection?Also i plan to buy the infamous collection but for the skins and powers are they already inculded in the game or does that come with a code?Also thumbs up on the cover work they loook brilliant!!!

+ theMARTINS21 on August 20th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

to the guy above saying sony doesnt support vita: ur an idiot, Sony absolutely blew me away at Gamescom with their Vita releases!! KILLZONE FTW

+ ThatFabian on August 25th, 2012 at 11:12 pm said:

will the GoW origins be downloadable? and if so, will it play for vita?

+ MYSKILLSR4U2NV on August 26th, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

I seriously hope that all the games from a series will become a collection if they are ps3 exclusive, or not, like the jak and daxter was a good one, but how about killzone, and others, and update them as new games come out or just make a disc of the entire series when finished

+ alexsos5 on August 27th, 2012 at 6:35 pm said:

lets see…my only question…….whats the exclusive bonus contend of God Of War Saga?….please respond

+ Guianne13 on August 28th, 2012 at 2:42 am said:

Will I still play the GOW Origins Collection even after my PS+ account expires? Or I can’t anymore after the 1 month trial? Just wanna know before buying the collection. Thanks!

+ Guianne13 on August 28th, 2012 at 2:43 am said:

^Will I still be able to play*

+ vengeful_uchiha on August 29th, 2012 at 6:58 pm said:

Just bought the GOW collection today, I really should have read this article first. I will most likely return it tomorrow, because my PS3 is full. I really dislike downloading games due to the amount of space it takes. I should have looked at the back more carefully too. The 3D symbol really shouldn’t be out on the front cover and there is typo all over the back cover. According to the back cover 1, 2, &3 are on disc and the GoS & CoO are redeemable via voucher. After reading this article it says 1, 2, GoS & CoO are redeemable via voucher and 3 is on disc. So confusing, looks like someone forgot some quality control for accuracy. Definitely have to return this now. I’ll have to read more of your articles from now on so I don’t make this mistake again. I think some people like digital downloads while some prefer to keep their disc. I strongly recommend Sony keep that in mind.

+ izual989 on August 29th, 2012 at 7:05 pm said:

I am with “Alexsos5” what is the bonus content? The other collections have more specific explanations, but I’d like to know more about that bonus content too, please.

+ kickiNutz on August 30th, 2012 at 4:33 am said:

@ 351, I picked this up today too and can tell you that GOW 1 & 2 are on one disc and 3 is on another, while the Origins games are in fact a DLC voucher. Which sucks for me as well since i’ve played and beaten the trilogy but didnt play either of the Origins on my PSP because the lack of a second analog. (although the Chains demo looked pretty nice on my tv through component cables)

@ 352, sorry I dont know either, I opened the box and got put off by the DLC voucher and decided to play the inFamous Collection instead..

And btw, no physical instruction manuals? I read it’s on the discs, but thats still kinda lame guys..

+ CronoGuyver on August 30th, 2012 at 6:58 pm said:

Well now this is disappointing. I will have to return the Infamous Collection, I thought it had everything on the disc, but now I found out that it has a voucher for the inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood. My only reason of getting this collection was to have a hard copy of inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood; I have the other two games. But now I have no reason of keeping it.

I wouldnt even bothered to looking at this collection if it stated (like GOW Saga did) that it had voucher downloads for game content.

I dont like collections or GOTY that give voucher(s) instead of having all the content on the disc(s), I will never waste my money on them. It either hard copy or no copy.

Also in the GOW Saga it is stated that there is some other “Exclusive Bonus Content”. What is it?
And do not tell me that it is the 1 month trial of P+, because it is listed as a separate item.

Good thing that Ratchet & Clank Collection has everything on the disc otherwise I would be returning all three (technically two) collections; I returned GOW Saga right before the checkout, as soon as I saw the word voucher for download of content.

+ GPatel26 on August 30th, 2012 at 9:22 pm said:

It says God of War collection is only $29.99 but its actually $39.99. WTF? Sony. Anyways, I’m still gonna the GOW saga. All 5 games exclusives, and 1 month PS+… this is an EPIC WIN!!!!! Gonna pick this up tomorrow at gamestop, thanks Sony for this!!!

+ gontizzle on August 31st, 2012 at 3:08 pm said:

I picked up the Saga today, although I already own all the titles. Love the games. I mainly was SUPER excited for the God of War 3 3D support. I had read that it was a typo (almost a month ago) which was being corrected, but when I saw it ON THE BOX purchased at retail, I figured maybe it was actually included after all.

Alas, the typo is STILL on the box. Still no 3D support in GoW3. How did this get by? Huge letdown, Sony. Huge letdown.

+ CronoGuyver on August 31st, 2012 at 7:10 pm said:

Guys, if you release the Infamous Collection and God of War Saga and any future collection releases with all DLC on the disc (no bloody vouchers), I am willing to buy them again; even if I already own the earlier releases.

+ CronoGuyver on September 1st, 2012 at 1:41 am said:

By the way the Move functionality of the Infamous collection, is it out of the box or patch must be download of the PSN?

+ wyldekat on September 2nd, 2012 at 8:56 pm said:

i read this article on the 6th of aug, when it was admitted gow3 in 3d was a typo. *fast foward to the 30th* i was gonna skip the purchase because of this but, low & behold!!! it says it DOES support 3d for gow 3!?! who should i believe? a blog post on the 6th or the packaging of the game on the 30th? (not to mention i remember reading interviews w/ stig stating he would’ve liked to implement 3d in gow 3.) i was clearly fooled, now i’ll take my $$$ back thank you.

+ WhoAmI168 on September 2nd, 2012 at 9:47 pm said:

If you pre-order these collections, do they come with any pre-order bonuses?

+ infamousXX87XX on August 6th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

Just payed off my copy of Darksiders 2 and pre-ordered the Ratchet and Clank Collection. The God of War saga looks very enticing even though I beat the 3 main games. Might have to pick that up too

+ Snakebyte42 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

Now I’m kind of annoyed that I own all these already… I got Infamous free after the PSN outage and bought the Hero Edition of 2, and paid something like $75 for all five god of war games (plus probably another $100 for my original PS2 copies) and I thought THAT was a good deal. You guys sometimes make my wallet sad.

I’m still in for the R&C collection, though, and I hope more show up that I don’t own already. :D

+ Hikko23 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

This is the greatest idea in a long time!
I’ll definitely have the GoW Saga standing beside my Pandora’s Box!

+ wildcat_zulu on August 6th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

Yo! These collections are Dope.

+ JM2111 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

this is a good offer

+ ghostnappa4 on August 6th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

Tons of games coming out the 28th! Journey, inFAMOUS, God of War, and Ratchet and Clank collections. Plus UC 3 GOTY. damn

+ SKulLLFaCeKILLa on August 6th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSEEEE

+ Davidgui on August 6th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

This is perfect! I was about to buy inFamous 1 a couple days ago, but couldn’t. Now there’s gonna be a collection? It’s like you guys read my mind! Gonna get that day one.
Now if you guys do the same thing for Uncharted, I will be very happy.

+ FreddyGPaulsen on August 6th, 2012 at 11:50 am said:

It will not be the full saga without God Of War Assencion….

+ blindmonster on August 6th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

Will it be out in countries like Mexico or wont come out of U.S.A??

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

The Ratchet & Clank Collection will be available, but not the other two.

+ JVBGFR on August 6th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

What about God of War: Betrayal? Why isn’t it included in the God of War Saga?

+ lbtrier on August 6th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

Any plans for Brazil (or Latin America)?

+ Zoidzerg on August 6th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

Missed the GoW series entirely so might give it a try. I am that one guy who did not like Infamous. Ratchet and Clank is goodness.

Happy pie.

+ ReapersDMFSM on August 6th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

GOD OF WAR SAGA FOR 40 BUCKS, MAN! But that sucks for me because i already have GOW 1,2, AND 3, i dont have origins, if this pack comes out will god of wars origins be cheaper? please reply i really want to get origins!!

+ Lego_My_Eggo on August 6th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

I was considering getting all the God of War games for the PS3, this just made that decision a lot easier. Sony, never stop making HD updates and awesome collections.

+ KnightCrawler88 on August 6th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

why is god of war 1 & 2 a download and not on a disc i would like to have all on a discs not as a download

+ PlatinumAura on August 6th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

DARN IT I meant at release…thats what I get for not proofreading I meant when it releases.

+ Joe-TFW on August 6th, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

Even at $40, the God of War Saga is still a fantastic value. Same with inFamous.

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8