PS4 - Transistor

Never Stop Playing With PlayStation Collections

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Aug 06, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

You folks may have read on the internets about our upcoming release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Well, we’ve decided to make August 28th an extra sweet shopping day by releasing it alongside the God of War Saga and inFAMOUS Collection!

God of War SagainFAMOUS CollectionRatchet & Clank Collection

Notice the shiny new things we’ve put on the packaging! What does it mean? Why does Ratchet look so good in green? The answer to most of those questions is that we’re officially introducing our Collections line with these releases on August 28th. Over the years we’ve had all sorts of great deals come your way and moving forward, this is how we plan on presenting them to our consumers. From August 28th on out, you’ll be able to easily spot these classic installments at retailers, as well as on the PlayStation Store, and know that you’ll be getting the greatest PlayStation has to offer — at the best prices around!

You should already know what’s in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, but here’s what you’ll find in the other two:

God of War Saga

• God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
  • Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

inFAMOUS Collection

• inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • Extra missions
  • Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles

Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.

Keep an eye on the Blog as we bring you some additional news in the coming weeks, about which games you can expect to get their own Collections this fall!

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8

+ Jackal888 on August 6th, 2012 at 4:59 pm said:

God of War Saga for me. Keep p the good ork bundling your content. What are the extra missions in the Infamous Collection?

+ shades909 on August 6th, 2012 at 5:05 pm said:

I never played any Ratchet and Clank until now, so i guess this is a good time to start and last time i played a GoW games was GoW2 on the PS2 5 years or so ago, i never played any of the GoW released after 2.
I already have both Infamous so i will pass on that collection though.

+ freshprincepbg on August 6th, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

Awesome collections, great value for God of War & Infamous

Butttt, why isn’t Deadlocked included in the Ratchet & Clank collection? North America had to wait 2 months for it and have nothing to show for it. No a demo is not bonus, especially for a game that has nothing to do with Ratchet

+ Shy_Guy_719 on August 6th, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

So…. no Kingdom Hearts Collection in the future?

+ SolidMizan on August 6th, 2012 at 5:36 pm said:

Wish God of War saga was had everything on disc :/ What about Infamous? If all the content i’d be great save me having to download stuff with my rubbish internet -.-”

+ Lord_Jaroh on August 6th, 2012 at 5:38 pm said:

So are you going to support the people that have already given you money for these games? Or are you going to “force” them to miss out on the bonus content?

+ Celam07 on August 6th, 2012 at 5:39 pm said:

Please im begging yall for a Kingdom Hearts Collection!

+ Minime_01 on August 6th, 2012 at 5:41 pm said:

very nice box arts

+ shadysaiyanz on August 6th, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

Love the new collection designs! keep them this way!

+ Dragonator888AE on August 6th, 2012 at 5:54 pm said:

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TechGenius20 on August 6th, 2012 at 6:11 pm said:

Can someone tell me the size of the GoW Origins collection, not concerned about the HDD being taken up, but my internet sucks and I dont want to leave the PS3 on for days on end to get something that may or may not download right

+ triedallthem on August 6th, 2012 at 6:32 pm said:

How about a collection for the Twisted Metal series?

+ LordRaoh on August 6th, 2012 at 6:41 pm said:

I may sell my current games and use the money to buy the collections, very nice box art.

+ Enigma777 on August 6th, 2012 at 6:46 pm said:

Crap, I already own all the GOW games and the Infamous games (twice), but I still want to get this becasue those box arts are absolutely fantastic!

+ ji394c8c8 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:09 pm said:

Will the sale of Asian Chinese version?

+ Internal_Element on August 6th, 2012 at 7:35 pm said:

I already have my platinums for inFAMOUS 1&2 And 100% Festival of Blood. I am looking at finally getting the Metal Gear Solid trillogy now :)

+ Jagged13 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:36 pm said:

Wait… If the Ratchet & Clank Collection consists of the first three games in the series, why isn’t Ratchet: Deadlocked, Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank part of the collection?

+ MarkedByAshes on August 6th, 2012 at 7:40 pm said:

Hey, what about those of us who don’t WANT a download copy of the Origins collection? I’d rather spend a little extra and buy all the discs separately than pay for a download copy that may or may not be reusable come the next round of consoles. Seriously, what’s going to happen when Sony decides to not support download titles on the PS3 anymore? It’s already happened on the PS Vita with Motorstorm Arctic Edge.

I was ready to go put a pre-order on the Saga right away until I found out about the download vouchers.I know exactly why you’re doing it that way…to reduce the value of a second hand resale. Guess what…that’s going to push me to buy the disc copies of all the games pre-owned anyway. Thanks but no thanks.

+ gageaz on August 6th, 2012 at 7:53 pm said:

Hmm… haven’t played 2 or Festival of Blood, but already have the first one… what to do about the inFamous collection…

+ Swordfish64 on August 6th, 2012 at 8:07 pm said:

Ok Sony, this HD collection idea is great. Ill be buying the God of War and Ratchet HD collections, but what I really want and a lot of us really want is the SOCOM HD collection. Give it to us ASAP, it’ll be a big money maker AND system seller for you guys ;)

+ ZildjianKX on August 6th, 2012 at 8:11 pm said:

Wow, a voucher for part of God of War is horrible. Please tell me they work on PS Vita at least and then *MAYBE* you have a purchase from me.

All of this voucher to prevent resale stuff has to stop.

+ Apeman24 on August 6th, 2012 at 8:14 pm said:

Have all of the INfamous games already. Have GOW hd collection, GOW , have chains on psp, so depending on the price of the origins collection will make me decide. I will be getting the Ratchet collection. Like the new box arts for the collections. Keep up the good work, and thank you for the reply.

+ Apeman24 on August 6th, 2012 at 8:16 pm said:

sorry meant to add GOW3

+ Internal_Element on August 6th, 2012 at 8:18 pm said:

I really wish they would get the remake of Resident Evil 1 that was made on the game cube, and Eesident Evil 0 and throw those in a HD bundle… Those remakes are classic

+ Avalanche on August 6th, 2012 at 8:33 pm said:

im am LOVING the Boxart, Especially the Gold Trim. lets hope its embossed like the Rockstar boxart.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on August 6th, 2012 at 8:35 pm said:

My god, so you can get like 5 Platinum with the God of War collection? Intense! I won’t buy them since I already got most of those games. I already have 2 platinum for God of War 1&2, Still need to plat 3 (doing so right now) and the origins. Then I’ll plat the next one, haha! ^_^

I’m not good enough and patient enough to platinum the Uncharted. Trophies are way too long to catch… :(

+ SwiggleDyl on August 6th, 2012 at 8:51 pm said:

Are these going to be coming out in Australia? And same date?

+ OMEGA_MEXICAN on August 6th, 2012 at 8:53 pm said:

O_O Yes YES!!!! Thank you!

+ SnoochyBoochiez on August 6th, 2012 at 8:58 pm said:

Well I already planned on picking up Ratchet and Clank, BUT INFAMOUS??? And you tell me the God of War series comes with a PS plus month too?! I regret buying my controller/origins bundle now as well as infamous deluxe on PSN -.- Will still be grabbing R&C though

+ SnoochyBoochiez on August 6th, 2012 at 8:59 pm said:

Whoever said a collection for the twisted metal series is aware that Twisted Metal comes with a download voucer for Black, yes?

+ traderghost on August 6th, 2012 at 9:04 pm said:

That’s it! I will finally try the Ratchet and Clank series, since the price is so right! Never played a single R&C title before but this collection is too good to pass. Now, how about a Little Big Planet Collection together with all the DLC and the tons of costumes, eh Sony?

+ kidwithdahair03 on August 6th, 2012 at 9:08 pm said:

CRASH BANDICOOT PS3 REMAKES!!!! :D

+ moecage on August 6th, 2012 at 9:21 pm said:

how were these games picked ? i understand the popularity behind God Of War,but i think uncharted , resistance, killzone or even SOCOM are more popular than inFAMOUS (which is one of my most favorite games ever)Just a thought.

+ Vyprstryke on August 6th, 2012 at 9:23 pm said:

DL vouchers for games are a huge bummer. What if 15 years from now, I’m feeling nostalgic and want to play some Festival of Blood but no longer have the ps3 I downloaded it on? I don’t hold much hope that it’ll still be available for dl on whatever iteration of psn will be around then. However, these are all amazing games and i do hope it tips those who have yet to play them to get them finally. Especially inFamous. It’s just a shame that digital is apparently a huge thing now, or at least the direction that a lot of publishers and developers are swaying. I fear a lot of great games that are psn only are going to be lost forever one day. I think physical disc collections of psn hits would be a great idea. Not this voucher stuff. I didn’t hesitate to plop down money for thatgamecompany’s Journey Collection. DL vouchers are ok for things like soundtracks, themes and avatars. Not full games. Just my opinion though. Had the inFamous collection had all 3 games on disc, I’d gladly buy them again just to have an actual copy of FoB.

+ Vyprstryke on August 6th, 2012 at 9:23 pm said:

Also, I echo the many cries for a Socom HD Collection. It’d be a fine tribute to Zipper Interactive and a blast to play them again. I think there are enough disappointed Socom fans out there who are dying to play the original 3 again….well mainly the first 2 but still lol :-) pleeeeease make it happen!

+ Vyprstryke on August 6th, 2012 at 9:24 pm said:

@276, the first run of Twisted Metal came with a voucher for Twisted Metal: Black. Chances are, you won’t be finding any of those copies on store shelves anymore.

+ remanutd5 on August 6th, 2012 at 9:32 pm said:

at 277 after you play the Ratchet and Clank collection you seriously need to play Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction and Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time. A Crack in Time ranks among my top 10 favorite ps3 games.

+ Yadiieliito24 on August 6th, 2012 at 10:07 pm said:

Sony is the best, there have been many times I almost brought how collection but it was worth the waiting. SO MUCH WIN!

+ Darth-Krayt on August 6th, 2012 at 10:09 pm said:

People asking for a Killzone collection?………..ummmmmm……how many Killzone games have come out on PS3 again? A “collection” of 2 games doesn’t make much sense, does it?

Besides, even if Killzone were released as a PS2 classic a while back, it would no longer have online, which would suck for a Killzone collection, since Killzone 1′s online was so awesome.

But fret not…….I’m fairly certain Killzone (1) HD is in the works. I think it was a last minute decision, which is why it was so suddenly pulled from the store update that week. PS2′s hardware REALLY held back Killzone 1, and that wouldn’t be fixed as a PS2 classic. It’s a far better choice for gamers and for profits, to re-release the game on the PS3 hardware. Hopefully they’ll even use their servers to get the online back up and running.

As much as I love Killzone 2 and 3, Killzone 1 is still my favorite console FPS of all time. And to see that game not held back by hardware would be amazing to me.

+ Gappychan on August 6th, 2012 at 10:22 pm said:

Dear Sony,
From here on out, please do all collections in this epic white style box art. Very smart, an very recognizable.
Kudos!
I have infamous 1 and 2, but I plan on selling them to save space and have the better box art, and festival of blood.
Can’t wait to get the other collections too.
-Nick

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 7th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

Glad you like the designs =)

+ CloudVStrifeII on August 6th, 2012 at 10:23 pm said:

1 + 2 in the culture do? Will be listed it? I think all the culture of Asia should be very excited!SONY help fulfill my wish ~ have not played the players of this series of three compilation all in the culture of Asia, players will be very happy to dig into their pockets to buy!

+ Matrix_Lion on August 6th, 2012 at 11:06 pm said:

All three collections have me intrigued and I really like the GOW artwork.

+ iroter on August 6th, 2012 at 11:17 pm said:

Are they releasing a patch for the people (like myself) who already own all the games in the collection? (I have all 5 GoW and all 3 inFamous). Hopefully they do, because it seems unfair to miss out on the new missions and costumes if you already own the games.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 7th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

None of the content is new. It’s all content that has been released through previous programs.

+ Sydraves on August 6th, 2012 at 11:54 pm said:

I also have a question:
What versions are the discs? I mean, are those the regular discs, new discs or those ugly platinum discs?
Furthermore: If I have all God of War Games, where is the advantage of this collection? Which extra-content is included?

Thanks for the answers in advance :)

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 7th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

You mean the artwork on the discs? It’ll match the style of the packaging. If you have all the God of War games, then the only advantage would be to get the sweet packaging? ;)

+ Shug244 on August 7th, 2012 at 12:06 am said:

im just getting the gow collection im a fan of rachet&clank since ps2 but i bought all of them a while back n was angrey how many had no trophies yes im all about about the trophies its a contest between me n alot of friends because it shows what we have accomplished n i just love seeing a trophy show in the right hand corner.As 4 the infamous collection i have one getting year sub 4 psplus so i automaticly get 2 long enough 2 platinum n fob is only $10 so no prob

+ Undrey on August 7th, 2012 at 12:35 am said:

As someone above or on the previous page said, there should be a whole Sly Collection, with the Original Sly Collection and the 4th one all in one pack.

+ Skarz1989 on August 7th, 2012 at 2:10 am said:

back to comment #9
why on earth is it 3 disc games and 2 dlcs? why could it had not just been a 2 or 3 disc box? i already am running out of space thanks to how great psplus already is. that last huge update sent my ps3 from 180gb to 100gb (not kidding) i dont wanna download more if i dont need to but i want to get that GOW set =o

+ CloudVStrifeII on August 7th, 2012 at 3:11 am said:

Hope that 1 + 2 in culture.And trafficking in Taiwan …. Wait Asia!I believe many people recall ~

+ Dragun619 on August 7th, 2012 at 3:40 am said:

How about the Inside Art/ Art inside the case? Will it be like The Team Ico Collection with Reversible covers? And if not, are the huge gold/ Includes 5 Games, a Sticker? That would be really nice to have a clean cover without the logo “Include 5 Games” and maybe the Move Sticker. Please consider this argh. :/

And here’s another collection that would be cool to see. Metal Gear Solid Saga. Especially now, that Konami finally released the MGS4 Patch and it’s the MGS Anniversary coming up.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 7th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

The art inside the cases is different for each one, but in my opinion, is REALLY nice artwork =)
    It’s not the packfront without the branding, but we think fans will dig ‘em.

+ Shou_Kobayashi on August 7th, 2012 at 6:35 am said:

Will Europe also get sth. like this or is this US only :(? I would love to buy GoW …

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8