Far Cry 4

Never Stop Playing With PlayStation Collections

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Aug 06, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

You folks may have read on the internets about our upcoming release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Well, we’ve decided to make August 28th an extra sweet shopping day by releasing it alongside the God of War Saga and inFAMOUS Collection!

God of War SagainFAMOUS CollectionRatchet & Clank Collection

Notice the shiny new things we’ve put on the packaging! What does it mean? Why does Ratchet look so good in green? The answer to most of those questions is that we’re officially introducing our Collections line with these releases on August 28th. Over the years we’ve had all sorts of great deals come your way and moving forward, this is how we plan on presenting them to our consumers. From August 28th on out, you’ll be able to easily spot these classic installments at retailers, as well as on the PlayStation Store, and know that you’ll be getting the greatest PlayStation has to offer — at the best prices around!

You should already know what’s in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, but here’s what you’ll find in the other two:

God of War Saga

• God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
  • Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

inFAMOUS Collection

• inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • Extra missions
  • Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles

Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.

Keep an eye on the Blog as we bring you some additional news in the coming weeks, about which games you can expect to get their own Collections this fall!

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8

+ Shou_Kobayashi on August 7th, 2012 at 6:46 am said:

Just read, no plans for europe… so long for letting everyone in …

+ SnoochyBoochiez on August 7th, 2012 at 7:02 am said:

Since we’re speaking about collections, why no HD classic GTA collection? THAT’S worth my money. Vice City/SanAndreas/GTA3 redone on 1 disc for PS3 please :) Oh, and online co-op for San Andreas (or the others) is cool, too!

+ notherbob on August 7th, 2012 at 8:05 am said:

Bah!.. I was hoping by some idiotic twist of fate it was going to be for Vita..

Back to the land of dreams.. :p

+ jds07 on August 7th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

I’m definitely getting that Ratchet and Clank Collection for sure, but I wished it had a Vita version with cross-play saves like the Metal Gear Solid Collection. I know we can’t satisfy everybody or do everything at one time, but I just had to put that out there.

+ lodgedrocket on August 7th, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

Really excited for the God of War one. Only played the first one, this is great for people like me new to PS3.

+ KamikazeRoy on August 7th, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

Will the God Of War Saga cost 39.99 in Canada too?

+ FLYPino on August 7th, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

I’m anticipating a Killzone Collection, an Uncharted Collection (after UC3: GotY Edition gets some sales at $49.99), and a Resistance Collection (rather than that “Trilogy” edition that was supposedly outed by Amazon.fr a few months ago).

Am I right so far?

Oh, and maybe even an MGS Collection (if MGS1 gets a solid re-make).

+ FLYPino on August 7th, 2012 at 8:49 am said:

By the way, the gold on the boxes look great. They look better than that awful red for Greatest Hits games…

+ Gannondorf on August 7th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

Any plans on a kingdom hearts collection? i really miss that game!

+ Sydraves on August 7th, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

Thanks for the answer about the discs but I’m afraid, I forgot to ask in the same step, what colour the Gamebox is. I mean, the Platinum-Games have an ugly platinum-box, the Greatest-Hits-Games have an ugly red. What about these collections? Do they have the regular transparent boxes? They are the most beautiful ones D=

Anyway: I will definitally buy these collections, all of them. I just have to find a shop, which delivers to Germany X_x

+ alvarorugam on August 7th, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

It would be great that you add a choice on the PSN store, where we can give games as gift, because I own the three Infamous games, but the digital versions, so I can not give then as gift right now to buy this collection.

By the way Really nice artwork on those covers.

+ zypher_pain on August 7th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

When will we ever see an awesome collection like the Fatal Frame series either made into an HD collection or just a psn download of the ps2 games?

+ syosset80 on August 7th, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

Is the infamous collection all going to be on 1 blu ray disc?

+ LeoCantus3141 on August 7th, 2012 at 1:37 pm said:

I’m going to take a moment to appreciate this packaging. Kudos to whoever helped design and pick these covers; they’re simple, striking, uncluttered, and cohesive with each other. Also I’m curious, are the old Sony collections like “The Sly Collection”, or the “Jak and Daxter Collection” going to get rebranded to fit this series? I’m thinking of picking up the “Jak and Daxter Collection” some time after I get the Ratchet & Clank one, and a cover like these three would be the icing on the cake.

+ Insomnia999 on August 7th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

Definitely need a Socom Collection! I think it would be smart if it was a PS4 launch title. All the core gamers would jump on the new system.

+ Insomnia999 on August 7th, 2012 at 3:46 pm said:

@302 Agree- the red color scheme of the “Greatest Hits” games is not appealing.

+ mathboy3 on August 7th, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

A Sly Cooper collection including Sly 4 would be cool. And a ATV Offroad Fury collection (anyone remember?) And a Killzone collection.

+ mathboy3 on August 7th, 2012 at 4:39 pm said:

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger and Spider-Man movie games collection. I know this might not be possible but it would be great.

+ ZERO_x000 on August 7th, 2012 at 5:57 pm said:

epic collections, and would be cool if sony make a deal with tecmo to make a hd fatal frame collection :D

+ WANSWINS on August 7th, 2012 at 7:14 pm said:

KINGDOM HEARTS HD COLLECTION, PLEASE!!!!

+ NXSoler09 on August 7th, 2012 at 9:09 pm said:

So, that means that i will be able to buy God of war 3 on the PSN Store? :D

+ SUFFERINGCHAOS on August 7th, 2012 at 10:43 pm said:

Will Each game in the collection have it own case? Say for instance i buy the infamous Collection will infamous 2 and 1 have their own disc and case ?

+ Twice_the_A on August 7th, 2012 at 11:30 pm said:

Y is every1 getting so upset at Cristian for? For being human? I’m sure he was just caught up in all the hype of the God of War Saga having, oh i don’t know, 5 GAMES! And Bonus Content. Sure it’s not for $30, but is $40 for 5 (Great) Games and bonus content so much that no 3D support in GoW3 make you say he should be fired!? C’mon… Hope you see daylight again soon Cristian! lol

+ bigboi_21 on August 7th, 2012 at 11:49 pm said:

It’s already been established that i’m picking up R&C Collection, but i’ve been putting off getting the GoW Collections having already played them all and owning GoW III. But i’m gonna give GoW III away and buy this ultimate bundle simply because i’m that big of a fan, and i would love to play the original GoW’s in chronological order in HD. Thank you Sony.

+ BettyBlueGT on August 8th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

I’ll pass on this… God of war the 1st game makes you use a trigger button for opening chest and crap. Not breaking my controller.

+ layton211 on August 8th, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

when put to god of war saga in Pre-order

+ Spidey-guy on August 8th, 2012 at 3:12 pm said:

VITA VERSION!!!! PLEASE!!!!

I mean if Sony won’t even support the Vita- why would you expect 3rd parties to?

This is a no brainer guys! I remember back when the Vita was “NGP” you guys went on and on about how easy it was to convert a PS3 game (MGS4).

I really feel ripped off about the whole Vita thing. You guys treat it like it is a competitors system. What is the problem with Vita support?!?

+ skipper-50 on August 8th, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

plis answer. will bring spanish language?

+ eth1979 on August 9th, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

Will these eventually see a PS Vita release also? I would like to see inFAMOUS collection on the PS Vita.

+ clordy on August 10th, 2012 at 6:12 am said:

Christian, please tell us what languages does each game supports. Thanks a lot, alreaday preordered ny GOW ;)

+ mmaso001 on August 10th, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:

I have a question about another collection that will be coming out soon and that is the Resident Evil Anthology. What games will be disc based and which ones are downloadable? Also were the original games digitally remastered or do they still have the graphics from the original playstation? Also will the director’s cut for the games be a part of the collection or the original ones?

+ mmaso001 on August 10th, 2012 at 2:26 pm said:

Also was wondering if there will be a volume 2 for the Jak and Daxter series and eventually the Ratchet and Clank series?

+ nicobarrera on August 10th, 2012 at 4:54 pm said:

Hello, I wanted to know if all the GOW saga will be in the store on August 28? will be in Spanish? thanks

+ shogunevolution on August 11th, 2012 at 7:48 pm said:

Infamous 2 will have the same language of the original?

+ devildog1357 on August 11th, 2012 at 11:25 pm said:

c’mon, if your gonna make collection of playstation-only games then of course you need little big planet collection and uncharted collection. but besides that i think its a great idea, I’m probably gonna get the infamous one!

+ Behemoth93 on August 12th, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

I am very happy for these well priced and awesome bundles this makes me more happy that i left Microsoft and joined the Sony team. Now i do have a question one of you can hopefully answer. I love the god of war idea having them all in one box (well not literally), but the real question is with the voucher. Is the voucher gonna be the ps3 version where it will only be accessible on the ps3 or will it be the psp type voucher were it will only play on the vita and ps3 or god willing will it be both so that i can play it on my ps3 and my vita. I hope some one can answer i would like to know because if the voucher will enable it to be downloaded to my vita i am buying this in a heart beat. If not i wont buy it because i have all of them. Thanks for any replies and sorry for grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors i am in a big hurry and am doing this in a rush,

+ Behemoth93 on August 12th, 2012 at 5:28 pm said:

a killzone box set is also where you should look next where you get killzone 2 and 3 and a hd remake of the first game i have been looking forward to that and really want a complete collection. take it from a big fan and great player of the series. That and work with capcom on a resident evil box set with remakes of the games (hd remakes dont touch the games in any other way) and all games of the franchise included having this will increase revenue of the system and of the franchise. It would be perfect timing to because six is coming out. With that before anyone else comments yes i know this was released only in japan but i want it here in America and I would like it soon even if i have to pay 100 buck its worth it to support Sony and the dying capcom (the new devil may cry looks shitty, the street fighter bullshit of re-releasing the same game 17 times, and the disaster of operation raccoon city

+ Warlockboy42 on August 13th, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

maybe a naughty dog collection? add uncharted 1, 2, 3 and golden abyss plus the jak and daxter trilogy

+ Nightfox_27 on August 14th, 2012 at 6:48 pm said:

you guys should make a jak and daxter collection :)

+ marKolix on August 15th, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

date for Europe?

+ VictorMF92 on August 16th, 2012 at 12:18 am said:

PLEASE lower the “3D compatible” a bit… and please¬≥¬≥ make the “includes 5 games” a sticker that’s easy to pull off!! :D

+ Vv_An7iHeRo_vV on August 16th, 2012 at 7:16 pm said:

Those box arts look awesome. sony should make all there collections with these matching box arts. they should make an uncharted collection (all 3 + golden abyss). and im pretty sure there isnt a killzone collection yet for some reason.

+ DevilDriver-339 on August 18th, 2012 at 2:03 pm said:

HEY SONY YOU REALLY SHOULD RELEASE A RESISTANCE TRILOGY PACK AND A KILLZONE 2 AND 3 PACK WITH ALL THE DLC INCLUDED BUT C’MON MAKE IT ALL IN DISC BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE ME LIKE TO HAVE A GAME AND HAVE THE BOX, THE MANUAL AND THE DISC :D I REALLY DON’T LIKE THE DIGITAL VERSIONS OF GAMES, YOU CAN ALSO PUT OTHER EXCLUSIVES IN PACKS LIKE THIS BUT THE KILLZONE PACK NEEDS TO HAPPEN SONY C’MON DO IT :D

+ theMARTINS21 on August 20th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

um i hav all god of wars and the psp ones on the psp,is it a good investment to buy this god of war collection?Also i plan to buy the infamous collection but for the skins and powers are they already inculded in the game or does that come with a code?Also thumbs up on the cover work they loook brilliant!!!

+ theMARTINS21 on August 20th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

to the guy above saying sony doesnt support vita: ur an idiot, Sony absolutely blew me away at Gamescom with their Vita releases!! KILLZONE FTW

+ ThatFabian on August 25th, 2012 at 11:12 pm said:

will the GoW origins be downloadable? and if so, will it play for vita?

+ MYSKILLSR4U2NV on August 26th, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

I seriously hope that all the games from a series will become a collection if they are ps3 exclusive, or not, like the jak and daxter was a good one, but how about killzone, and others, and update them as new games come out or just make a disc of the entire series when finished

+ alexsos5 on August 27th, 2012 at 6:35 pm said:

lets see…my only question…….whats the exclusive bonus contend of God Of War Saga?….please respond

+ Guianne13 on August 28th, 2012 at 2:42 am said:

Will I still play the GOW Origins Collection even after my PS+ account expires? Or I can’t anymore after the 1 month trial? Just wanna know before buying the collection. Thanks!

+ Guianne13 on August 28th, 2012 at 2:43 am said:

^Will I still be able to play*

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8