PlayStation Vue

Aug 06

God of War Saga

Never Stop Playing With PlayStation Collections

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Cristian Cardona on Aug 06, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

You folks may have read on the internets about our upcoming release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Well, we’ve decided to make August 28th an extra sweet shopping day by releasing it alongside the God of War Saga and inFAMOUS Collection!

God of War SagainFAMOUS CollectionRatchet & Clank Collection

Notice the shiny new things we’ve put on the packaging! What does it mean? Why does Ratchet look so good in green? The answer to most of those questions is that we’re officially introducing our Collections line with these releases on August 28th. Over the years we’ve had all sorts of great deals come your way and moving forward, this is how we plan on presenting them to our consumers. From August 28th on out, you’ll be able to easily spot these classic installments at retailers, as well as on the PlayStation Store, and know that you’ll be getting the greatest PlayStation has to offer — at the best prices around!

You should already know what’s in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, but here’s what you’ll find in the other two:

God of War Saga

• God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
  • Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

inFAMOUS Collection

• inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • Extra missions
  • Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles

Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.

Keep an eye on the Blog as we bring you some additional news in the coming weeks, about which games you can expect to get their own Collections this fall!

PAGE 1 6 7 8

+ Apeman24 on August 6th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

Fantastic, now where is my Final Fantasy X HD? Oh how I want it so bad!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 4:48 pm said:

Me too! Still waiting on more news on that =/

+ J-Skee on August 6th, 2012 at 4:10 pm said:

This is great, but I have two questions:

1. Going forward, will collections from 3rd party publishers (ex. Capcom or Ubisoft) receive the same box treatment?
2. Will previous collections get the same box treatment or will this be for those going forward?

Again, awesome stuff & can’t wait until the 28th!!!

+ Apeman24 on August 6th, 2012 at 4:14 pm said:

Ohhhh ya hopefully announce at the Tokyo game show, kingdom hearts collection!

+ GameMSTR9000 on August 6th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

HOLY COW! This is gonna be one heck of a day, August 28th! I have a question though:
What is the price exactly for the God of War Saga? I plan to pick it up, but I only have about $30.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 4:48 pm said:

Just come up with 9.99 more and you’ll be good =)
    So, uh, $39.99

+ Gadirok on August 6th, 2012 at 4:20 pm said:

The community manager already mentioned that the price point of the infamous and god of war saga is 39.99

R&C is 29.99

+ DwightSchrute12 on August 6th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

I’m kinda disappointed that 2 of the 5 God of War Games are via voucher. I know, I know, it’s still a great deal, but my ps3 is already packed to the brim of demos/games/saves and with new PS+ games every month it just gets worse. I really wish it could have been a 3-disc set.

I do hope there is some sort of box/warning or something on the cover art that says “12GB required” or whatever is needed for Origins so some poor sap doesn’t get home and not have room for them.

+ Jesteraron on August 6th, 2012 at 4:23 pm said:

Cristian, will the Origins portion of the God of War Saga (Retail) be a voucher then that we have to download the game? Or will a game disc for all 5 games be included?

+ Dr_Squishy on August 6th, 2012 at 4:31 pm said:

If I get a Kingdom Hearts Collection, I will throw my money at Sony and Square.

+ myPSismyfriend on August 6th, 2012 at 4:32 pm said:

Just wondering for us who already have GOW3, will the GOW collection and GOW origins collection have their price reduced?

+ Kchow23 on August 6th, 2012 at 4:42 pm said:

Will it be clear that you will need an internet connection to play some of the games? Not really an issue for me, but I’m sure someone will be bummed that they won’t be able to play all of the games that they’ve purchased.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 4:50 pm said:

Yep! Back of packaging will state that you need a connection to access some of the content.

PAGE 1 6 7 8