PS4-Watch_Dogs

Super Stardust HD Turns Five, Celebrate with a Stellar Sale

Petsku's Avatar + Posted by Petsku on Aug 08, 2012 // Game Designer, Housemarque Games

UPDATE: Due to a technical error, the Impact Mode DLC was not included in this Super Stardust HD DLC sale bundle. Any users who purchased the sale bundle will be receiving a message within the next week or so with a voucher code for the Impact Mode DLC. We will also correct the error for next Tuesday’s Store publish. We apologize for the inconvenience!

7732632494_04e0e64bbf

It’s amazing that we’ve come this far since Super Stardust HD first came on the scene. Five years ago, the top-selling and award-winning PS3 game blasted you on a breathtaking tour through the galaxy full of epic sights and scenes. Everyone here at Housemarque has been honored to be a part of the journey in creating five years of action-packed entertainment on PSN. From Super Stardust HD to Super Stardust Portable to Super Stardust Delta on PS Vita, we’ve always pushed ourselves to deliver the best possible arcade experience.

Super Stardust HD for PS3

To celebrate the game’s fifth anniversary, and to thank you all for your support, we’ve launched a spectacular offer – Super Stardust HD + all three DLC add-ons, including last year’s stellar new “Impact” game mode, in one cosmic bundle for only $7.99. This deal won’t last forever though – the offer will only be valid from August 8th to September 5th.

Super Stardust HD 2Super Stardust HD 1

With each new DLC pack, we’ve aimed to dazzle by adding even more fun and innovative features to the core Super Stardust HD experience. Here are four features that we are most proud of implementing since the game’s launch in 2007:

1. Super Stardust HD is one of the first and only games to provide a 60 fps 1080p 3D experience, creating 120 unique frames per second in order to do so
      2. The DLC expansions add numerous game modes and co-op play for up to four players.
      3. Better yet, you can experience the co-op modes in true 3D SimulView where each player sees their own view of the action, provided you own the 3D Display
      4. Last but not least, Super Stardust HD was the first ever game to feature Trophies!

We here at Housemarque hope that you take advantage of the special anniversary offer and join the thousands of people who have enjoyed our games over these last five years.

PAGE 1 2

+ helbertpina on August 20th, 2012 at 5:21 am said:

@musicman182 That’s a good idea. I’ll be there with you!

+ b00kthree on August 21st, 2012 at 1:03 pm said:

This may not help musicman or helbertpina, but FWIW, I downloaded the bundle after last week’s store update. The description still said only Solo and Team DLC included, but Impact was included. I had to actually take my chances and press Buy before this was confirmed, but it did work: the impact DLC was included in the downloads from my cart.

It’d be nice to have had a description that matched so I didn’t have to risk feeling like a chump if the contents actually matched the description, but I’m not complaining — I got what I wanted.

Apparently the sale is still good until 9/5. Great deal if you haven’t already got the DLC. Amazing deal if you haven’t got the game yet either.

Hope those codes reach the early buyers soon.

+ GeekWhenSpoken2 on August 23rd, 2012 at 5:02 pm said:

I’m pretty sure Mortal Kombat was 60fps and 3D as well.

+ musicman182 on August 24th, 2012 at 5:35 pm said:

Has anyone received the code for the Impact DLC yet? Apparently they were supposed to be sent out yesterday or the night before, but my inbox remains empty….

+ ronster1976 on August 26th, 2012 at 4:14 pm said:

@musicman182: Nothing yet here. I decided to buy early, hoping the code would show sooner than this…

+ SlyCooperFan100 on August 30th, 2012 at 7:06 am said:

Has anyone received their codes yet? It’s been three weeks since the bundle was announced and the error was made, and I haven’t received my code. I don’t know if anyone else has got theirs…

+ musicman182 on August 30th, 2012 at 1:35 pm said:

@ SlyCooperFan100

I haven’t received mine yet….I’ve been asking about it for 2 weeks. Kristine answered my post the other day and told me that they were supposedly sent out last week, and asked me if I’ve checked my XMB messages (of course I have.) I told her I wasn’t the only one that didn’t receieve it….haven’t heard back on that one yet. I wonder who we can get into contact with at Sony to fix this.

PAGE 1 2