GTAV PS4

Zen Pinball 2 Scores on PS3, Vita September 4th With PopCap Table

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar + Posted by Zsolt Kigyossy on Aug 08, 2012 // Managing Director, Zen Studios

We here at Zen Studios are happy to finally share Zen Pinball 2‘s release date with you — the game will be available for download Tuesday, September 4th on PS3 and PS Vita!

Zen_Pinball2_logo

Street Fighter_2In addition, we have a great surprise for you! Our latest table creation, based on a PopCap Games mega-hit (and I do mean MEGA), will be releasing as new DLC content the same day! What might this table be? All details will be revealed later this month during PAX Prime! If you are at the event, we invite you to stop by PopCap’s booth and get first hands on with the table!

As you all probably know, we take pinball very seriously here at Zen Studios, and we see pinball development in two different parts. On one end you have the actual pinball table, which had better be fun and entertaining. We have worked hard to make sure you have an awesome selection of themes and table designs, the most advanced physics, and stellar-looking tables.

On the other end, you have the game presentation, features that make it competitive among friends (beating your own score over and over is fun, but beating your friends is SO much better), and the overall experience. We have worked really hard to make Zen Pinball 2 the finest pinball platform available!

• Zen Pinball 2 is cross platform entitled. Any content you buy will be playable on both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita at no extra charge!
  • Zen Pinball 2 is a free download for everyone, with trials available for each table so you can try each table before you decide to buy.
  • For those of you who already own Zen Pinball or Marvel Pinball content, you will be able to import your purchases into Zen Pinball 2 for free, receiving graphics, physics and social system upgrades at no extra cost!
  • Zen Pinball 2 will launch with 26 different pinball tables including the mystery PopCap table!
  • A beautiful layout and design featuring all Zen pinball tables under one roof.
  • New trophies for all tables!
  • New social system with in-game score notifications, challenges, Facebook posting, ProScore (personal performance across all tables) and TeamScore (a combined score ranking you and your friends).
  • New rule sheets to help you better understand the tables, while still providing opportunity for discovering the secrets of the table on your own.

ZenPinball2_NotifcationZenPinball2_Dashboard

As you can see, Zen Pinball 2 is set to take pinball games to the next level. Any guesses on what PopCap game is coming to pinball?

PAGE 1 2

+ DZORMAGEN on August 8th, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

I hope they make a table that features PlayStation All Star Battle Royale!!

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

That would be a lot of fun to work on. All those awesome Sony characters as 3D models on the table! Make some noise about this and lets see what happens!

+ Pendharker on August 8th, 2012 at 8:08 am said:

I am seven exponential levels of excited for this game. You guys do amazing things with pinball and I can’t wait to experience it all over again on Vita. Thank you so much for making this content available to us ZP fans at no extra cost. You rock so much face.

Thank you and please, don’t stop making amazing content.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

Thank you so much for your kind words!

+ Reluctant-Hero on August 8th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

FINALLY! I’ve been waiting for a release date for a long while now. Can’t wait to play this on my Vita! May I suggest a small sale on all of the Zen Pinball tables released previous to Zen Pinball 2?

+ G-Force08 on August 8th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

Sounds awesome! I’m a little disappointed with the delay of the game but at least it’s not too far off. Just one month to go! Looking forward to downloading it to my Vita and updating on my PS3.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

We have been working crazy hours to get Zen Pinball 2 out to you. There have been a lot of hurdles and challenges, but I am so happy to say that we are set for release. Sorry it took so long!

+ Remmulak on August 8th, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

Can’t wait to fire up Zen Pinball 2 on my Vita. Also, I love that you are upgrading everyone for free. I might pick up the new Avengers tables as well.

+ joseph2411 on August 8th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

Hopefully mystery Popcap table is Plants vs Zombies…..brainzzz! :D

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

We will let you know what the PopCap table is at PAX later this month. Working with PopCap has been an amazing experience, they are such a talented, visionary group!

+ KemetMan72-_ on August 8th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

Yes! But one their blog it says the new table will release on the 5th…can’t wait for it! Awesome!!!! And I think the new Popcap table will be Plants vs. Zombies, it won casual game of the year! :)

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

That September 5th date is for the EU release, as well as the *other* platform release. September 4 is the day for everyone in North America.

Stay tuned for the table reveal during PAX later this month!

+ DazeOfWar on August 8th, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

So exited for this. I own every table to date and now I’ll be able to play them on my vita is just the greatest. Thank you zen studios.

+ draig3791 on August 8th, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

My guess will be Peggle!

+ GGCAN on August 8th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

Thanks for the heads up Zsolt .

Was wondering about Zen Pinball 2 and actually asked on the Store update yesterday if it was delayed.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 9:02 am said:

Yes, we had hoped to get it out earlier, but the extra time spent getting the small things right will make a big difference. Thanks for bearing with us!

+ shogun00 on August 8th, 2012 at 8:52 am said:

It’s about time that the flood gate has opened. Like I’ve been saying for four months now. I’m really looking forward to ZP2.

Regaurding the PopCap table. I’ve never played any games from PopCap before, so we’ll see how presuasive your table really is. :)

+ Thwip on August 8th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

I imagine it is the case, but I feel obligated to ask. Any high scores, trophies, etc., we had previously accomplished in the assorted tables will carry over to the Zen Pinball 2 interface; correct?

Really looking forward to having all of my pinball gaming needs consolidated into one location…thanx!

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 9:03 am said:

High scores, trophies, etc will remain in tact in Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball as long as you do not delete those games. Zen Pinball 2 will be a fresh install, and you will need to set new high scores and earn new trophies.

+ Beast780 on August 8th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

I really can’t wait for this! Can you tell us what the file size is for the PSVita version if I have all the tables?

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

File size with all tables will be right around 1GB.

+ enchntr on August 8th, 2012 at 8:54 am said:

I personally cannot wait for this to come out on the Vita! I love the boards I have on the PS3, and now to be able to play on both will be fantastic.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

The game looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING on Vita. It is such a great device, we continue to be HUGE fans and plan to support it far into the future.

+ johnnyp70 on August 8th, 2012 at 8:56 am said:

I absolutely cannot wait for this!!! I have been aching to play the Marvel tables, especially the newest one, on my Vita. It’s nice to finally have the release date to count down to. Tick tock, tick tock…

+ johnnyp70 on August 8th, 2012 at 8:57 am said:

And I echo the Plants vs Zombies love everyone is giving. That seems like the most natural PopCap idea to translate to pinball, maybe Zuma as a second.

+ Squiggle55 on August 8th, 2012 at 8:59 am said:

Hooray! You guys rock.

+ Attababyitzaboy on August 8th, 2012 at 9:02 am said:

Will there be separate trophy lists and will they converge on save transfer? Basically will it do the same thing that the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Sound Shapes do with the Cross/Platform.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

You will need to earn the new trophies on PS3 and Vita separately. This was locked in a while ago, not sure that we can change this now. I assume you prefer to earn the trophy only once? We heard others say they would prefer to earn trophies separately on each platform.

+ jhernandez360 on August 8th, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

Please make a Plants Vs Zombies that would be cool

+ johnnyp70 on August 8th, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

Trophies separate on each system? Yes!!! Great way to bulk up on the trophy hoarding. I’m in.

+ BiggRapp313 on August 8th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

how much will it cost?

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

Zen Pinball 2 is a free platform download, and comes with trials for all of the tables. You can buy table four packs for $4.99, and individual tables vary from $2.49 – $2.99. All content is cross platform entitled, so you get it on PS3 and Vita for no extra charge.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

EDIT: 4-table packs are $9.99. Sorry for the typo.

+ Maxomega on August 8th, 2012 at 9:52 am said:

I am a huge fan of pinball and absolutely love your games. Having seen the arcade go the way of the dinosaur in my lifetime, I was afraid pinball games might do the same. Thanks for helping keep an amazing gaming tradition alive and consistently invigorated with new terrific tables.
I was curious though if the load times for Zen Pinball will be improved. As much as I love them, the original tables load times seemed a little long. Thanks again for all your hard work.

+ mainkster on August 8th, 2012 at 9:53 am said:

any news about a tournament comming soon ?

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

We just ran a tournament for The Infinity Gauntlet. We will be able to have more frequent tournaments with Zen Pinball 2!

+ DTXSFC on August 8th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

Keep us posted it’s been awhile since we heard anything on ZP2 fo Vita. I’m ready to blow the dust off of my Vita. Thank you and we appreciate the release date given!

+ JKar275 on August 8th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

Question:
For the Vita version, will we be able to rotate each table sideways so that the view is similar to a Landscape mode?

This would be very helpful to people like me with poor vision because the Vita’s small screen (especially the top to bottom dimension) makes it difficult to view the tiny little ball moving around.

I’ve played the Pinball Arcade demo on the Vita and I found it very difficult to follow the ball.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

Yes, you will be able to play in portrait mode, which is actually how I prefer to play myself. The ball has dynamic lighting effects, and is clearly visible.

+ Darth-Krayt on August 8th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Just like I said to housemarque, same goes for you guys. AMAZING company to just give and give to your fans, and ask very little in return. Even though I would have bought them eventually on sale at some point, you guys let Sony give me both Zen and Marvel Pinball at no extra cost to me. And now, you’re giving me a whole new basically, but not only for PS3, but also for my Vita (when I have money to get one). And you’re not only giving those new games to Plus subscribers, but to basically everybody. That shows incredible character and integrity as a company. And since I believe in capitalism and getting to choose which companies I support, I choose to support companies like you in the only way I can…..by buying your DLC for the games you gave me for free.

Your company’s values fit SO well with Sony’s. (and mine) For gamers, Zen Studios on the PlayStation platforms is a dream come true. Thanks guys.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

Thanks for the kind words!

Sony really helped make it possible to get the PS Plus promotions together. It looks like we made a fan out of you:)

+ jmk1999 on August 8th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

about time! i almost bought pinball arcade to satisfy my vita pinball urges, but i figured i’d hold out for zen pinball 2 just a wee bit longer. btw, any news on more tables based on games? would love to see one for lollipop chainsaw (i can imagine some interesting things in that one!), assassin’s creed, uncharted, maybe even tomb raider or something?

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

We have more tables in the works, and will have a steady stream of DLC for Zen Pinball 2. I think our future announcements will be exciting for you!

+ johnnyp70 on August 8th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

@#25 Have you attempted to rotate the Vita for the Pinball Arcade demo? I know you can do that in the full game version. BUT you have to do it before you start to play the table. You cannot change your mind midstream.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

FYI – you will be able to change play orientation at any point during gameplay.

+ Joao_Vicente on August 8th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

Sweet! I waiting so long for PSV version!

+ XFRod on August 8th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

Plants vs. Howard the Duck…..

’nuff said.

+ SirRadG on August 8th, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

Does the PS3 version still have stereoscopic 3D support as mentioned previously?

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

It sure does. Playing pinball in 3D is a totally different experience. If you have a 3D TV, give it a try!

+ saab01 on August 8th, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

Even though I am disappointed that this game was delayed almost 2 seasons I am sure it will be great. And its nice to see that we also have a new table coming the same day as Zen pinball 2 releases. I just wish this would of came sooner since Zen Pinball is unbearable to play. When comparing it to Marvel Pinball or Pinball FX2 there was just no comparison to the look and feel of the game.

I am sure it will all change when it releases now Sept 4th.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

We wish the game could have released earlier as well! Zen Pinball 2 is a really complicated game and there were so many details to work through with the game itself, as well as setting it up correctly on PlayStation Network. We spent a TON of time working with Sony and getting things right. It will be worth the wait!

+ johnnyp70 on August 8th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

It’s great that the Zen representative is taking time to respond here. Always nice to see legit comments receive an answer. Kudos!

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

I wish I could answer questions more often! This is one of the best parts of the job!

+ jawara on August 8th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

Omg this is great. I have a question though, how much will it ost me if i want to buy all 26 tables at launch? Keeping in mind i have never bought any zen pinball or marvel pinball previously. Will i get a discount? I know you said packs of four cost 4.99.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

$4.99 was a typo, I meant to say $9.99. Sorry about that.

If you were to buy the three Marvel packs, the Zen Pinball Classic Pack, and all individual DLC’s, you are looking at a total cost of around $60.00. It’s crazy to think we have that many tables available now!

+ ChaseHammerJ on August 8th, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

FINALLY! Cant wait for this. Ive been bugging and bugging and we finally get a release date now. New tables, new format. Great!

For both my PS3 and Vita. Wow guys you really have me excited over this. So glad I get to buy the normal tables now since I already have Marvel Pinball.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

Apologies for taking so long to get a date out to you!

+ fistofdeath on August 8th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Hi, you said that if I delete the game Zen pinball and Marvel pinball my high scores and Trophies would disappear, I understand the high scores but to lose the trophies for a game I don’t have installed anymore seems kind of odd

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

You are correct. Trophies will not disappear, they are registered to your PS account. What will disappear is your ability to earn any trophies you did not yet earn – unless you re-install of course.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

+ mrMIKE95 on August 8th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

You guys need to get Earth Defense Forces 3: Portable to come to the US/EU!

+ mrMIKE95 on August 8th, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

That’s one of my favorite games! And will be a day one buy.

+ fistofdeath on August 8th, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

Thank you for clearing that up :) and I can’t wait for Zen Pinball 2 i will love my Vita a little bit more

+ Recon19D3 on August 8th, 2012 at 11:07 am said:

Great timing. I’ve just gotten into Pinball Arcade and Marvell Pinball but have yet to buy them. So if I understand this correctly I can just buy Zen Pinball 2, rather then Zen Pinball and Marvel, and then add the tables I want under one program?

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

That’s right! Just download Zen Pinball 2, demo the tables, buy what you want!

+ TheGuardianFID on August 8th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

Consider the tables SOLD, awesome job guys! :)

+ tanuki-hulk on August 8th, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

when might this game get a release date in Japan. My vita uses a japanese psn account so I cant play or even buy your games

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

We will have to look into timing for Japan. Not 100% sure at the moment.

+ Joe-TFW on August 8th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

An easy pick up for me. The Marvel Pinball tables have been some of the best purchases I’ve made and some of the best digital tables I’ve ever played. hope for a Plants vs Zombies table for the Popcap reveal.

+ mrMIKE95 on August 8th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

Will you guys talk to D3 publishers in Japan for we can get Earth Defense Forces 3: Portable in the us/eu?

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

We know D3, we’ll talk to them about it.

+ TERMINATOR543 on August 8th, 2012 at 11:43 am said:

Will my scores on PS3 transfer onto Vita and vice versa? Also about how often will you guys be bringing in new tables?

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

You will have separate scores on PS3 and Vita.

We hope to have regular releases, hopefully every 6 – 8 weeks there is something coming out.

+ mrMIKE95 on August 8th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

Thank you so much I love that game.

+ Michelasso on August 8th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

Best News Ever!

That was just about time!

+ detictiveconan on August 8th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

I think this is a great idea, I know I’ll be buying a few tables since I will be able to play them on both my PS3 and my Vita.

I have a question though, I got Marvel pinball free from PS+ and am wondering is those tables will will transfer over into ZP2 and be playable on my Vita.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on August 8th, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

As long as you keep your PS+ account, the answer is yes, they will transfer over. If you drop your subscription, you will have to buy the tables.

+ alimik95 on August 8th, 2012 at 12:28 pm said: