PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Around The Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Aug 12, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

As I hit the “Publish” button, I’m off to Cologne, Germany for gamescom 2012. As gaming shows go, there are none bigger; last year 275,000 people passed through the doors of the sprawling Koelnmesse. PlayStation will have a major presence, as usual, beginning with Tuesday’s press event.

Of course you can follow along. We’ll be streaming the entirety of the PlayStation press conference here on PlayStation.Blog, starting at 10am Pacific/1pm Eastern this coming Tuesday. If you enjoy looking at countdown timers, our good friends in Europe have set one up for you here.

You’ll want to visit here frequently the rest of the week too, as we’ll post new trailers, interviews, previews, and more, including a special gamescom PlayStation.Blogcast. We’ll also down lots of schnitzel. It’s what you do. Auf Wiedersehen!

The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of August 6th, 2012)

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 12th, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

I heard via rumor that u guys MIGHT announce PSone Classics playable on Vita this Tuesday. I don’t remember where I exactly I had heard it though. (crosses fingers)

+ SolduNuts on August 12th, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

I have been reading the article on Joystiq about Guacamelee and the use of the Vita as a PS3 controller. Having the Vita work as a controller that then offers a touch screen interface to look around the map of the game on the fly sound awesome. DrinkBox stated that they did have a map up and running on the Vita and are looking to expand on the functionality of different uses for the touch screen. If this goes off without a hitch then I think more and more games (when it makes since of course) should use the Vita as a controller much like that other console that is supposed to release at some point this year. I love the idea behind it and will pick this game up just for this feature. Jeff have fun in Cologne, Germany and keep the Vita information flowing.

Sold.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 12th, 2012 at 9:48 am said:

Thank you. I’ll see the Drinkbox guys at PAX – I’ll have to see this running for myself!

+ remanutd5 on August 12th, 2012 at 9:50 am said:

for the first time ever i’m not that excited for a sony press conference because the later ones has been about showing games that were already announced with a couple of surprises so i wouldnt be surprise if nothing new get announced at gamescon, i dont really care about psone support on the vita because i didnt buy the system to play games i have played thousand of times before but i will get excited if i see new info on Warrior’s Lair, Killzone and new games coming to the system or a ps4 announcement would be magnificent but im almost sure it will be more of the same ( sly, little big planet, assasins creed ) and for the ps3 maybe they announced the rumored ” Rain” game, anyways im not expecting an stellar conference but if its end up being one then good.

+ IM_RICK_GRIMES on August 12th, 2012 at 9:50 am said:

hey jeff do you no if darksiders 2 will be sold digitally on PSN?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 12th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

At present it is retail only. If that changes, we’ll be sure to let you know. But if you’re interested in the game, Blu-ray is your only option at launch.

+ Nithorias on August 12th, 2012 at 9:54 am said:

I’m super excited for this —> Persona 5 development underway. I can’t wait to hear more about this, been waiting for P5 for a very long time xD *goosebumps*

+ Kchow23 on August 12th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

Can’t wait for Gamescom… hopefully the PlayStation conference is very PS Vita heavy since the engine needs to start revving up for holidays. I had a question regarding Persona 4: Golden… If I have never played a Persona game before, would I be lost story-wise?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 12th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

There are some common threads in the way the game plays, but no real story continuity, so you won’t be lost. I do recommend picking up PSP’s Persona 3 on Vita now – it’ll make the wait go by faster!

PROTIP: it’s listed on the PS Store as “Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable”

+ mpb93 on August 12th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Jeff when does the playstation allstars battle royale beta come to ps plus

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 12th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

The beta is still very limited – we’ll continue to post details on the blog when/if it expands larger.

+ mpb93 on August 12th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

How can i get into the beta then do you know

+ sciteach on August 12th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

@mpb93 i got an invite the other day, very quietly. i think they’re putting them out there a little at a time.

hold on, it is really fun!

+ Mike_J on August 12th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

Jeff make sure you enjoy a few doner kebabs for us too while you’re at it with the jeager schnitzels. Feel free to save one and drop it off here at Ft. Hood for me <3 Hope ya' have a blast!

+ dFUSE on August 12th, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

And here’s an interview with Tarsier Studios about LittleBigPlanet Vita http://bit.ly/Ms7Grt

+ D-Squad3 on August 12th, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:

Any live streams of Gamescom? Particularly SuperBot’s Panel?!!

+ bigz12345432 on August 12th, 2012 at 2:25 pm said:

ps one support for vita pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase sheesh i want new vita games but to me there really isnt any good ones yet just a few any news on ff 10 hd

+ SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT on August 12th, 2012 at 2:28 pm said:

I’ve read lot of rumors that either Sony or M$ could announce their next-gen consoles at Gamescom. I’d say it’d more likely be M$ if anyone. Simply because beyond Halo 4, the 360 is pretty much spent. Whereas Sony has PS All-Stars BR, LBP Karting, Sly 4, GoW Ascension, The Last of US and more that they don’t want to take interest/sales away from with the distraction of a PS4 announcement.

Much more likely we’ll get the official word on the new PS3 “Super Slim” model with a smaller HDD that Sony can sell for $149 to capture the interest of all the late adopters or Xbox guys who have always wanted to play Uncharted.

I’m hoping between Gamescon and TGS, Sony will support the Vita like it deserves. PS1 Classics, a price drop, more announcements from themselves and 3rd parties bringing big name franchises to Vita (Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, God of War, Infamous, Killzone, NHL, WWE and more). Plus some TV commercials (borrow KB back from Bridgestone!).

+ SpiritThief on August 12th, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

Persona 5 is coming out on PS3 right? I remember hearing about at first being for that and now no one is saying the system.

I will go insane if this goes to Vita only.

+ DeadKillersRevng on August 12th, 2012 at 2:57 pm said:

Hi Jeff, I found a glitch/bug on the PS Store, which allows you to download free certain games. Is there any place where I can report this?

+ Kirnzee on August 12th, 2012 at 3:04 pm said:

Hopefully PSone classics on Vita are launched this Tuesday. I’ve heard all sorts of rumors in the past months of when the update will be released, hopefully this is the real deal.

+ Zhi13 on August 12th, 2012 at 8:04 pm said:

I hope there’s news on the PULSE Elite Headset this week

+ xXTH4-K1NGXx on August 12th, 2012 at 9:09 pm said:

hey there jeff i have researched for the past half hour and not found anything why are psn servers down i cant sign in on ps3 and i have 20 plus friends in alabama usa who cant either…… know anything about this?

+ LtWarmSoda on August 12th, 2012 at 9:25 pm said:

God I hope for PSone classics for Vita…

+ kiwizin on August 13th, 2012 at 6:25 am said:

I would love to ask you guys to do some discounts on OLD PS3 Games DLC… like they are doing on Europe.
I would love to grad some DLC for Dead Space 1 & 2, maybe some old COD DLC aswell. Deus EX…
Anyway… i luv the Plus…