As I hit the “Publish” button, I’m off to Cologne, Germany for gamescom 2012. As gaming shows go, there are none bigger; last year 275,000 people passed through the doors of the sprawling Koelnmesse. PlayStation will have a major presence, as usual, beginning with Tuesday’s press event.
Of course you can follow along. We’ll be streaming the entirety of the PlayStation press conference here on PlayStation.Blog, starting at 10am Pacific/1pm Eastern this coming Tuesday. If you enjoy looking at countdown timers, our good friends in Europe have set one up for you here.
You’ll want to visit here frequently the rest of the week too, as we’ll post new trailers, interviews, previews, and more, including a special gamescom PlayStation.Blogcast. We’ll also down lots of schnitzel. It’s what you do. Auf Wiedersehen!
The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of August 6th, 2012)
- PS3-exclusive Assassin’s Creed 3 DLC adds an hour of content – Joystiq
- Review: Persona 4 Arena – Destructoid
- PlayStation All-Stars Supports Arcade Stick Controllers – www.GameInformer.com
- Persona 4 Arena Review – IGN
- Sound Shapes Review – IGN
- PS Vita News: Activision promises a ‘true Call of Duty experience on Vita’ – ComputerAndVideoGames.com
- Lunch with the FT: Sir Howard Stringer – FT.com
- God of War Tribute – YouTube
- Behind The Scenes Of Growlanser: The Wayfarer Of Time’s Localization – Siliconera
- Five choice recent video game soundtracks – latimes.com
- How the creators of Burnout became the stewards of Need for Speed – The Verge
- ‘Sports Champions 2’-EXCLUSIVE Trailer – EW.com
- Sound Shapes Review – GamesRadar
- Sony Interview: Jack Tretton Defends Vita, Dedicated Consoles – GamesIndustry International
- Could LittleBigPlanet Vita Be the Best LBP Ever? – IGN Video
- Learning and leaping with the ‘LittleBigPlanet’ Vita beta – The Verge
- Explore a Crazy Carnival of Thrills in LittleBigPlanet Vita – RipTen Videogame Blog
- Growing up with a real monster – video game tells one boy’s story – NBCNews.com
- Sound Shapes is the definitive video game mixtape – VentureBeat
- ‘Persona 5’ development underway, says Atlus – The Verge