PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Moves to November

Chan Park's Avatar + Posted by Chan Park on Aug 13, 2012 // President, SuperBot Entertainment

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Hello PlayStation Nation. As you know, we at SuperBot have set high benchmarks for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Our goal is to deliver a fun, well-balanced, and compelling gameplay experience that pays homage to all of these incredible characters.

We also know our fans have high expectations for this title, and to that end, we have decided to move the release date to November 20th, 2012 for North America (including Canada) and Latin America territories. This will let us spend more time polishing and tuning the game, and it will give us a chance to incorporate some of the great feedback we’re receiving from the current limited beta to ensure we are creating the best possible fighting game experience. While it is our greatest desire to put this game into the hands of our fans as soon as possible, we do not want to do so at the sake of quality. The additional time will be well worth the wait, and are excited to know that our fans will have the ultimate brawler in time for the holiday.

Keep an eye on GamesCom this week, as we’ve lined up some big announcements that we’re sure you’ll be excited about.

Thanks again for all of your support and understanding!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 13th, 2012 at 1:38 pm said:

A little disappointing to hear, but it’s for a good reason so that makes up for it. Well now this makes my decision of deciding between buying this, AC III, and Need for Speed Most Wanted a little easier as they all used to come out within seven days of each other. I will definitely be picking this up on November 20 or wait until Black Friday to see if there will be any deals.

By the way Mr Park, are there any plans for a PS3/PS Vita bundle for this game? I will be getting both but I can’t decide which version to get first.

Keep up the good work Superbot and thanks for the heads up!

+ DerpiestShazbot on August 13th, 2012 at 1:38 pm said:

I suppose this will be worth the wait.
SFxT will be the fighter to keep me busy on my PS Vita when October comes.

+ WhiteF8ng on August 13th, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

Good. There’s quite a few prominent issues in the beta currently…

+ ImprisonedTitan on August 13th, 2012 at 2:01 pm said:

Sounds like you guys got a lot of good feedback. I believe Twisted Metal went through a similar phase where right after the beta was released, they decided to delay the game for extra tuning.

I’m happy when a game gets delayed because it tells me that both the devs and publishers care enough to give the fans a more complete title.

+ kidwithdahair03 on August 13th, 2012 at 2:23 pm said:

i hop ei see Crash Bandicoot in that game :D

+ Bigcalv2002 on August 13th, 2012 at 2:42 pm said:

Im more than happy that the release date got pushed back. Between AC3, Black Ops 2, and this game, that would have been a very hectic time of indecisiveness over which great game to play!

+ philipsuper on August 13th, 2012 at 2:51 pm said:

I am absolutely okay with this! Take your time I’m expecting it to be great. It is still in time for me to get both ps3 and vita versions for christmas. :) Are you guys gonna say anything about the playstation plus beta at Gamescom?

+ MarinoBrea on August 13th, 2012 at 3:02 pm said:

If this delay wasn’t done to assure Crash Bandicoot/Cloud/Lara Croft are in the disc and in the box cover, then don’t bother.

+ StrawHat753 on August 13th, 2012 at 3:03 pm said:

I honestly can’t wait to play this game. Everything you guys have shown us so far looks amazing and very interesting. Really looking forward to you guys at GamesCom.

As for the game getting pushed, I’m glad you guys chose to do that if it means putting out an even better game at release. Take all the time you need and keep up the good work, we can’t thank you guys enough for your efforts.

Also I already pre-ordered 2 copies on BestBuy.ca (Delivery), but I’m not sure if I get the Bonus Costumes that way. could you please clarify that.

Thanks again!!!

+ cjmc18 on August 13th, 2012 at 3:20 pm said:

Thank you! a better and more polished game and now i can save up more money after paying my bills so i can get both versions of the game. Thank You again superbot enterteiment and Sony

+ Detsuki-G on August 13th, 2012 at 3:34 pm said:

Been waiting about 8 years for this game. 1 more month wont kill me :-)

Chan Park's Avatar

+ Chan Park on August 13th, 2012 at 5:09 pm said:

Such a great comment! Thank you!

+ faraway25 on August 13th, 2012 at 3:37 pm said:

The delay isn’t so bad because you guys didn’t announce this game like 2 years before the release date, I wasn’t even aware it was coming out so soon and November still seems close to me.

Anyway look for my comments in the beta forums to make it a better game!

+ Rg11260 on August 13th, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

im glade you guys are taking more time im happy to wait longer for a well polished game it will be worth every penny

+ Rg11260 on August 13th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

i cant wait for the public beta will help pass the time

+ BlaqMagiq24 on August 13th, 2012 at 4:12 pm said:

Take all the time you need. We all know you’re putting in work at SuperBot to make an amazing game and everyone expects a lot from this. To that I say great job and keep up the good work.

+ BALBINO1592 on August 13th, 2012 at 4:15 pm said:

Well I trust in SuperBot and for me it doesn’t matter how long it takes, if it’s perfect i’m okay with it. I will play it on PS3 but I really wanted to check this out on PS Vita but, the only thing that i want to know is: in case of buying the blu-ray, do I need to buy the same game in both PS Vita and PS3 to Cross-Play works? Or can I buy the digital version on my PSN account and use it on the PS3 and PS Vita? Or I will have to buy it both in PS3 and PS Vita? If anyone can answer it to me I would be really happy.

+ Rick_2GudxX on August 13th, 2012 at 4:24 pm said:

Im really mad at the moment.

I believe they can add all these characters and fix everything in 2 months. Atleast give us plus people The beta already because i was really hyped about this game til it got moved back :/

+ DarkMegamanSX900 on August 13th, 2012 at 4:24 pm said:

Well the game is good so far I hope you guys put Ratchet Iam going pre-order in september looking forward to this game sony

+ Dr-Maikel on August 13th, 2012 at 4:48 pm said:

I have already preorderd since June !

+ Chrono-Cactaur on August 13th, 2012 at 5:42 pm said:

I hope we get a haracter that wasen’t “leaked”.

I know you guys couldn’t get evey character requested, but I think you need to clrify what you mean by that, exactly. Gamecom would be a great way to alleviate these fears, if you know wat I mean. ;)

+ Chrono-Cactaur on August 13th, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

huh, last comment messed up.

I hope we get a Character that wasen’t “leaked”.

I know you guys couldn’t get every character requested, but I think you need to clarify what you mean by that, exactly. Gamescom would be a great way to alleviate these fears, if you know what I mean. ;)

+ BriarPatch512 on August 13th, 2012 at 5:56 pm said:

I know what you guys are trying to do… but even if you delayed the game an entire year I couldn’t get less hyped! Thanks for the post! I’ll be excited to see the final product.

+ stupidroadruner on August 13th, 2012 at 6:24 pm said:

It’s worth the wait. Just preordered yesterday and have it paid off. Can’t wait for more announcements to come. It’s one of my most anticipated for the holiday season.

+ stupidroadruner on August 13th, 2012 at 6:25 pm said:

Whens The beta?

+ HorrorGod on August 13th, 2012 at 6:41 pm said:

Now days, I think devs will get more love for delaying games, rather than pushing them out with too many bugs.
We’ve seen it way to often. Take your time, guys! Can’t wait to see the final product.

+ Benmo316 on August 13th, 2012 at 6:55 pm said:

It feels odd that you’re releasing all this information about PS All Stars so far away from the original release date, and now it’s pushed back 4 more weeks. All this info will be out there, and then there will be a a month+ of no talk about this game and it may lose some momentum. All I could tell from the statement is some typical PR babble. I wish for once I could read something from a developer and have them truly tell everyone why their title is being delayed.

+ boyd9988 on August 13th, 2012 at 6:56 pm said:

If i may sugest some caharacters i would like to see some people from shoen jump if possible (itachi). im glad ur taking the time to work out the bugsand glitches cant wait for it to come out

+ sonic171000 on August 13th, 2012 at 7:05 pm said:

All we need is CRASH and SPYRO nuff said..

+ MegaSlayer5 on August 13th, 2012 at 7:07 pm said:

Most people may think of a delay as a bad thing, but in the end it’ll definitely be worth it. I’m more than happy that the developers have taken feedback from the players and decided to give them the polish they expect from a game of this magnitude. Delaying the game really is the only way to give this expected polish, and I support that 100%!

+ LeeHatake93 on August 13th, 2012 at 7:43 pm said:

I just found out today when I pre-ordered. I was a little down at first, but then I realized I’d rather this epic game be made right instead of rushed. Plus, in addition to the fact that I’ll be able to focus on my college work, it’s also a week before my birthday

+ DCS-Tekken on August 13th, 2012 at 7:56 pm said:

I still don’t know why ur all claiming this is a Fighting Game? I buy and play all Fighting Games and this game is not a Fighting Game to say the least. If ur gonna make Changes based on our Input? Well then make this a True style Fighting game and i’ll buy it. If u need to know what a real Fighting game looks and plays like?

Just look as these games as an example. Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur, King Of Fighters, Dead Or Alive, Mortal Kombat…. Marvel vs Capcom etc… To Name a few that have been on PS3 so far. Look as how these games are played and the style they have. Those are TRUE Fighting Games.

Now if u change ur game to this format then u can call it a Fighting Game and i’ll be first in line to buy it. But unless the style is changed to be more like these. It’s not a Fighting Game and i won’t buy it in it’s current look and style.

So if u really want our input? Change it to a TRUE Fighting Game style as those. Then u can call it a Fighting Game and we’ll be happy to buy it. Otherwise this one is not a Fighting Game as it is now.

Nuff Said!

+ Corleone-Kun on August 13th, 2012 at 8:18 pm said:

Not a problem, i may have a heart atack of excitement but at least i can recover from Assassin’s Creed 3 and Resident Evil 6,my wallet thanks you. Also,this is a dream game,you can take all the time you want if it means getting a awesome game. I just hope the open beta comes out before my heart atack hahaha!

+ PAINPAS on August 13th, 2012 at 8:56 pm said:

Hopefully the staff reads this. Mr. Chan and Omar and company I can personally say that I am grateful that this game is being made and TO ME it has SERIOUS potential. I was honest in a post yesterday on blog under the Sly cooper and Fat princess strategy video about the OPTIONS that should be in All Stars. I think that having the game in the state it is now is fine however the option to have damage for characters and more feedback onscreen should be in the game. Whatever the default that the team is happy with is fine with AP gain only and Supers but please implement the option of having damage in the game and more feedback on the screen for players to compete and discover different strategies. I know that balancing the game is much easier with the super only able to kill a foe. However, for those who want to learn a few combos, great evasive techniques under pressure etc…. Please don’t eliminate that from the game completely. Allow players to turn that stuff on, add tension and become really good at the game. You guys have a great combat system and everything. Still my most anticipated game this year.

+ NobodyNamine on August 13th, 2012 at 9:14 pm said:

I wanted a game with play stations history in it for a long time. I guess waiting a little longer is not going to do any bad as long as the people making the game spend there time polishing the game up. Also including some of the many gamers request. I personaly want some FF characters in there with Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot. I wish all the people lots of luck in making this game Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

+ skatefreakkyle1 on August 13th, 2012 at 9:16 pm said:

does anyon know where the beta can nbe downloaded can someone plez answer me on this thank u

+ Slemory on August 13th, 2012 at 11:02 pm said:

You guys by far have the most colorful roster of any brawler. Please do take your time. We’ve got plenty of games inthe meantime
And add cloud please.

+ Hodgewald on August 14th, 2012 at 12:30 am said:

It’s all good… just get me that beta for a little taste! Oh, and make sure Snake is on there!!!!!!!!!!!

+ iZalman007 on August 14th, 2012 at 1:15 am said:

#107 – Indeed! The box is an important factor as well. If SuperBot and Sony really want this game to sell well, these are the characters they should put on the cover:

Kratos
Drake
Crash
Spyro
Ratchet
Sackboy

Those characters represent Sony’s best selling franchises. Any kid walking into a store and seeing that would buy it INSTANTLY. If the Amazon European cover is real (the one with Kratos/Sly/Sweet Tooth/Princess/Radec) then it probably won’t do well in that continent… Not ot mention the fact that the cover is already bland and boring enough.

+ unbornsoldier on August 14th, 2012 at 1:17 am said:

im gonna def preorder sooner than way later love the beta,cant wait to play the full game,only one thing i ask superbot.make the game as meaty as you can,load it with characters,lots of unlockables,modes,features take a few cues from the other allstars ;) make it better in every way possible,i have alot of confidence on this great team,keep up the great work,you have my support 100000 % key word MEATY!!

+ FUS-RO-DAAH on August 14th, 2012 at 1:42 am said:

Any chance of Hatsune Miku appearing as playable DLC character if she’s not present in the full game?

+ ElMrTaco on August 14th, 2012 at 2:49 am said:

I’ve been wanting a game like this for I don’t know how many years, it’s a dream game that I never thought would arrive but always fantasized about… and now it’s coming true! So, one more month is nothing.. it’ll be well worth the wait and if it allows you to polish the game to perfection I’m all for it. I love the roster so far and can’t wait for everything you have in store for us at GamesCom!

Day 1 purchase for me!

+ Rythenarutoninja on August 14th, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

Its fine Superbot. Already a day 1 purchase for me. But I do have one thing to say. I am on my knees crying and BEGGING for Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. A Playstation/Sony Mascot game just wouldnt be the same without them. Make it happen Superbot. And I will love you for the rest of my life.

+ sinncity123 on August 14th, 2012 at 12:45 pm said:

Seems everyone has a beta already, where’s my beta? was really looking forward to this beast of a game until I got F over yet again why do I even bother

+ LiteVyse on August 14th, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

Still iffy on buying this first day depends on the remaining characters…perhaps one more character reveal for the push back? :D

+ CHUNG-FU6699 on August 14th, 2012 at 6:05 pm said:

I am confident it is being delayed to add more quality to the game or maybe some new characters… Crash Bandicoot anyone?

+ versus1993 on August 15th, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

Its all good the longer the wait the greater the experience and more time to add more characters please don’t forget about crash spyro and Sora cloud sephiroth

+ Tyrade on August 15th, 2012 at 5:33 pm said:

After finding out that all the characters are unlocked from the start….I have to say..I’m so disappointing that I searched through the Playstation Blog just to post on here how ridiculous I think this decision is.

How do you expect to keep the players involved in the game if they have all the players right off the bat?
This also confirms many players fears for their not being a large cast for this game…

+ shadow-14m on August 20th, 2012 at 2:37 am said:

good , we want more characters

PAGE 1 2 3