Far Cry 4

Media Molecule’s New Project Revealed: Tearaway for PS Vita

Siobhan Reddy's Avatar + Posted by Siobhan Reddy on Aug 14, 2012 // Studio Director, Media Molecule

Tearaway is kind of like a buddy movie. It stars iota, a messenger from a paper dimension, whose envelope head contains an urgent message to deliver… to you! It’s a very special message, and one that’s unique for each and every player. In order to read yours, you’ll need to take up the role of co-star and, together with iota, journey through the vibrant papery landscape — two buddies going on an epic adventure.

You and iota will travel afar, taking on enemies and helping those in need. You’ll conquer adversity and discover magical papery surprises. But in Tearaway, you’re holding more than just a PS Vita in your hands — you’re holding the paper world itself!

Using the god-like powers inherent to someone who can hold an entire world in their giant hands, you can make your presence felt using a wide range of godly powers that take advantage of all the PS Vita’s bells and whistles — some subtle and some epic. You can shake things up or turn them upside down. A gentle breath from you is a gusty storm. You can even poke your fingers into the back of the PS Vita to tear through into the world and help iota complete this very special delivery.

Check out all this and more in the trailer below…

Anything you see in Tearaway’s papercraft world can be created in the real world from bits of paper! See for yourself — head on over to our Facebook page to get the plans to make your very own customizable Tearaway Papercraft Elk. Be sure to visit us on Twitter too, and show us your creations! For anything else, you can check out Tearaway’s official site.

Tearaway for PS VitaTearaway for PS Vita

Check out all the news coming out of Gamescom 2012 on PlayStation.Blog

See the First Trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified on PS Vita

PlayStation All-Stars Gamescom Reveal: Dante, Sackboy, Spike, Ratchet and Clank

Gamescom: New The Last of Us Trailer

Watch the GamesCom Trailer for Killzone: Mercenary

PSone Classics Coming to PS Vita via the latest System Software Update (v1.80)

Until Dawn — New PS Move Horror Game — Announced for PS3

The Curtain is Raised on Puppeteer, a New PS3 Adventure

PlayStation Plus Coming to PS Vita, Online Game Save Storage Getting Upgraded

Are You Ready for the God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta?

73 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ chowder_07 on August 14th, 2012 at 8:28 pm said:

I want to have this game ASAP,hopefully it will be released on holiday but take your time I want to see this game sell alot of vitas and maybe make Tearaway 2 Revenge of the Cyclops. :)

+ chowder_07 on August 14th, 2012 at 8:30 pm said:

Oh and the message sounds interesting unique and different message to each player,that better not have a troll face on the message.LLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLL

+ DarkOne_PR on August 14th, 2012 at 9:55 pm said:

Day one! :) MM u guys have a special place in my heart since lbp1! still remember when u had to push back LBP1 bc of the muslims whatever ppl! i was so mad at them! >_<

+ CZ4200 on August 14th, 2012 at 9:58 pm said:

did anyone else get a desire to use their thu’um during the trailer?

love the song and cant wait to get this.

+ SnakeApprentice on August 14th, 2012 at 10:54 pm said:

I’m not especially into LBPs gameplay and overall design concepts, and Sackboy creeps me out. But THIS game, this looks EXCELLENT. I was just thinking last night that we needed more main characters who wear berets or headbands. Lo and behold, we get a paper-thingy-guy with a headband. He looks like Paper Rambo, which is indescribably cool

+ nathanuc1988 on August 14th, 2012 at 11:15 pm said:

This looks amazing! I’m really hoping for a lengthy journey in this game. With all those elements, I could see this as being a 20+ hour game

+ SolduNuts on August 14th, 2012 at 11:16 pm said:

Top notch development once again. This is what Vita was made for. Games should take advantage of Vita as much as possible. When developers do we end up with unique content like this. Good job Media Molecule once again it looks like you have hit a home run. Keep up the great work.

Sold.

+ ShardYu on August 15th, 2012 at 12:14 am said:

Wow! Excited with this! 1st day buy :)

+ Darig0n on August 15th, 2012 at 2:59 am said:

psn game?

+ zzVengeance on August 15th, 2012 at 3:14 am said:

A step in the right direction, keep bringing unique games like this to the PS Vita and I might buy one in the near future.

+ NeoGuardian86 on August 15th, 2012 at 4:00 am said:

I just wanted to say holy crap! wow!
definite buy! :D

+ killzonian3 on August 15th, 2012 at 4:35 am said:

Between AC: Liberation, Sound Shapes, Papo & Yo and now this, the Vita is starting to live up to it’s original hype for me at least.

+ TacticalPotato on August 15th, 2012 at 6:13 am said:

i cant believe this game looks better than COD
ill also get this

+ chowder_07 on August 15th, 2012 at 6:59 am said:

Somehow I dremt about this game the night before gamescom…

+ TomatoDragon on August 15th, 2012 at 7:17 am said:

This looks pretty cool. MM guys have a great imagination.

+ TallCrowe on August 15th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

I would buy this tomorrow, or today for that matter.

+ OmegaSpear on August 15th, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

Day 1!

+ ro-kurorai on August 15th, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

Thanks Siobhan, MM and Vita are a marriage made in heaven.

+ Kchow23 on August 15th, 2012 at 3:26 pm said:

Very inventive and still has the unique vibe of a LBP game! really looking forward to playing it on my PS Vita.

+ KainDrake on August 15th, 2012 at 11:27 pm said:

Man this looks so amazing. I wish I had a Vita already. I really want to play this. :D

+ ImprisonedTitan on August 15th, 2012 at 11:44 pm said:

I think there is something wrong with this website. I’m throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!

+ nam1997 on August 18th, 2012 at 1:12 pm said:

I think at the end of the game, when Iota brings you your message, it should be a teaser for MediaMolecule’s next “Big Project.”

+ darksiperX on August 25th, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

hey gotta say this game look great can not wait to play this but gotta ask is the shouting mandatory im hoping not dont want to shout like that when im in public

PAGE 1 2