Uncharted 4

New PSN Title rain Announced, Watch the Trailer

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar + Posted by Dais Kawaguchi on Aug 15, 2012 // Associate Producer, SCEA

Japan Studio has a pedigree in creating a breadth of incredibly unique games, so it is no surprise to see that their next is a stylistic, original title. Crafted by a team of talented creators known as PlayStation C.A.M.P., we’re pleased to introduce their latest game, rain.

In this dark, mysterious world, you take on the role of a boy who becomes invisible, so his figure can only be seen in the rain. Freshly revealed at Gamescom, watch the announce trailer for a first look at this wondrous story.

That’s all for now, but keep an eye out for more news about rain in the coming months.

+ VixDiesel on August 15th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

Totally looks like my kind of game and something I can get into.

+ DasRequiem on August 15th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

I love the concept. I hope the game is as good as this basic idea.

+ boxmyth on August 15th, 2012 at 11:14 am said:

I agree with MissingLink. Between Rain and Puppeteer, Japan Studio is really spoiling us PS3 gamers.

+ GreyLynx on August 15th, 2012 at 11:17 am said:

Good use of music, like the concept, let’s see where the team heads with it mechanically. Until then Until dawn is still my top new title from you guys debuted at Gamescom.

+ SolduNuts on August 15th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

This is the exact reason I am proud to be part of the Playstation Nation. Games like this and Unfinished Swan are just remarkable. I am glad I can get this great innovative content along with all the great shooter, RPG’s, and racing games on PS3. Great trailer and I look forward to more info on this game.

Sold.

+ DrApollo on August 15th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

This game has me more excited than “The Last of Us”. I’m really excited for “The Last of Us”…but this trailer moves me. The combination of the music and visuals bring back my childhood a little. Looking out into the rain and playing in it is something I did a lot as a child. I really don’t know much about the game-play obviously, all I can do is comment on the trailer which to me is brilliant!

+ paulogy on August 15th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

Wow. Looks great / can’t wait.

Does anyone know if the music in this trailer is original? Part of a larger piece that one can get somewhere?…

+ saab01 on August 15th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

This game looks cool hopefully a demo will be planned.

+ xKM07x on August 15th, 2012 at 11:55 am said:

@8 The music is, “Clair de lune,” by Claude Debussy. It’s one of my favorite pieces of classical music. :-) I’m looking forward to this game, it looks great.

+ Kchow23 on August 15th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

Keep the unique games coming!

+ Kodax_ShC on August 15th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

Day one for me.

+ ATLRoAcH on August 15th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

The first thing that came to mind when I saw this during the conference was ICO. I’m looking forward to this one.

+ Robbie_G_lrish on August 15th, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:

It looks like another stellar, entirely original PSN game. Count me in.

+ MarinoBrea on August 15th, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

Rain… it has this blue feeling to it, the visuals and music add a mellow and sad mood to it.

+ DarkS2K on August 15th, 2012 at 1:04 pm said:

This looks pretty cool.

+ D-Squad3 on August 15th, 2012 at 1:13 pm said:

Already sold on this, looks very unique.

+ DeathGazer on August 15th, 2012 at 1:24 pm said:

Getting major ICO vibes from this. Looks very cool.

+ ABNVOX on August 15th, 2012 at 1:38 pm said:

this is honestly now the game im looking forward to the most on the ps3, it looks amazing. visualy so stunning.

+ T40Rs731N on August 15th, 2012 at 1:57 pm said:

“..b-b-b-b-but games aren’t art….”

This looks BEAUTIFUL. Good thing critics don’t decide what is art.

+ paulogy on August 15th, 2012 at 2:19 pm said:

@10, yes but I mean the performance of it

+ Airwalkinman17 on August 15th, 2012 at 2:50 pm said:

SOLD!!!

This and the Puppeteer look so amazingly beautiful I am at a loss for words. I still feel that the japanese are head and shoulders above the competition in art direction and style. Cant wait to see more!

+ lisatsunami on August 15th, 2012 at 2:59 pm said:

Oh, my God. Heartrendingly beautiful. Please don’t do a Last Guardian on us. Don’t make me fall in love with a trailer & then never release the game. I hope this has a pre-order/ auto download offer.

+ Elvick_ on August 15th, 2012 at 3:06 pm said:

Japan Studio is my favorite first studio owned by Sony. So many talented people there. Rain and Puppeteer look amazing.

+ Neil on August 15th, 2012 at 3:18 pm said:

This is my most anticipated title forever. Seriously, this is why I play games.

+ TallCrowe on August 15th, 2012 at 3:48 pm said:

Looks like Lost in Shadow, but more clever. I will buy it.

+ infamousXX87XX on August 15th, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

looking forward to this

+ felipee85 on August 15th, 2012 at 4:43 pm said:

Looks good!!

+ gilgamesh21 on August 15th, 2012 at 5:26 pm said:

Love the trailer, and really looking forward to this game! Sony, this game, and Tearaway were the stars of your show!

+ gamelover2 on August 15th, 2012 at 5:52 pm said:

I hope that is a good thriller game and have a pops up from the shadows. But the game looks good I can’t wait to see more.

+ Gadirok on August 15th, 2012 at 6:02 pm said:

Japan studio definitely suprised me with this and puppeteer. In a good way.

I was hoping Team ICO would give an update on The last guardian but this will help out in the meantime.

Japan studio should really bring out some vita games as well, patapon and loco roco were one of my top favs on the psp.

+ ArchAngelMai on August 15th, 2012 at 6:10 pm said:

Simply amazing and intuitive looking. I hope Clair De Lune will be in the game too <3
Very impressed and PSN title means $14.99 or so and $11.99 for PS+ maybe?

+ proud2be on August 15th, 2012 at 6:20 pm said:

i heard of heavy rain, this game must be heavier…

+ luvtoseek on August 15th, 2012 at 6:46 pm said:

Very interesting. I wonder if the entire game takes place in wet weather. Alas, that could be a real downer after walking around soaked in 30 minutes of playing time. The gameplay does look engaging though. I have several questions if you would answer them, Dais.

1. Will the main character have a voice track?

2. Is there a New Game + mode?

3. IMO 3rd person titles & platformers translate very well in the Vita. Has the CAMP team considered a portable version?

Thanks again for the trailer & best of luck on rain!

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on August 16th, 2012 at 3:16 pm said:

Thanks for your comments and questions!
    We don’t have more news at the moment but we will, very shortly.
    Please stay tuned!

+ oo7PorscheMGS on August 15th, 2012 at 6:58 pm said:

I can’t say this trailer was “thrilling” like others have said.. it’s more sad / moody… but I can’t wait to play it. Just like the last of us, the less info about it the better. I already like the concept, why ruin the game by watching too many trailers of it before it’s out. Nice idea for a game but I hope the story + character is there to back up the interesting concept. Similar to The Unfinished Swan.

+ LikeRA1N on August 15th, 2012 at 6:59 pm said:

I guess I’d better pick this one up, huh?

+ JMB626 on August 15th, 2012 at 7:35 pm said:

Dais Kawaguchi has the godliest profile picture.
I wish it was an avatar! D:

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on August 16th, 2012 at 3:18 pm said:

Thank you sir! and may I say I’m a huge fan of your avatar :)

+ Victoryismine52 on August 15th, 2012 at 8:19 pm said:

This looks beautiful! can’t Wait!

+ NinjaNabs on August 15th, 2012 at 10:19 pm said:

Hopefully the story and characters are as moving as heavy rain.

+ Hodgewald on August 15th, 2012 at 11:24 pm said:

Looks cool. Always nice to see new, innovative titles that push the standards of what a “game” can be.

+ ImprisonedTitan on August 16th, 2012 at 12:13 am said:

I’m really happy that you guys (whoever’s behind it) are giving opportunities to developers with unique ideas like this. It’s games like this that’ll keep gaming from being stale. Without innovation, this industry will die.

+ LordRaoh on August 16th, 2012 at 5:22 am said:

Looks great, but I worry when I see “Working Title”, announced too early maybe?

This would be awesome for the vita too.

+ Carl-G on August 16th, 2012 at 6:19 am said:

Looks COOL:P I love these ‘Japan Studio’ games. I wish they made more games more often really. They make the PlayStation brand look even stronger;)

+ Tekkenfighter123 on August 16th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

Surprised I haven’t read anything about this yet. Looks Awesome. I couldn’t stop laughing in delight when I saw his silhouette in the rain, and then only his footsteps in the puddle. I love games!

+ gamelover2 on August 16th, 2012 at 3:30 pm said:

I have a question well be a cross over game that you can play on the go with the vita?

+ CyborgGreyFox on August 20th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

What is this? Originality? On my game console?! This looks great.

@34 We don’t even know what the game is all about and you’re asking about New Game +?! What?