PS4-The Order

Cover Your PS Vita in Persona 4 Golden (But Only If You Pre-Order)

Aram Jabbari's Avatar + Posted by Aram Jabbari on Aug 16, 2012 // Manager of PR and Sales, ATLUS

Attention, nation of PlayStation(.Blog)!

Look, I’ll concede that the title of this post is open for misinterpretation. What YOU do with your PS Vita in the comfort of your own home is obviously none of our business.

The kind of loving Persona 4 Golden can offer your PS Vita, however—apart from it being one of the best RPGs ever made, delivering 100+ hours of addictive goodness, et cetera—might be something you’ll want to share with the world…

Persona 4 Golden on PS Vita

We’re incredibly excited—nay, elated—NO WAIT, WE’RE EXCITALATED—to reveal the Persona 4 Golden Vita Skin, a special FREE gift for fans who pre-order P4G at a participating retailer while very limited supplies last.

SMARMY PR MODE ENGAGED

“The skin adorns your Vita with the stylish, vibrant aesthetics of Persona 4 while protecting it from small scratches and dust. It is easy to apply and won’t leave any residue when removed. Also included are 8 exclusive matching wallpapers, each featuring a main character from P4G and all designed to perfectly coordinate with the protective skin. Manufactured in Japan by Dezaegg, this Vita skin is the same one made available to Japanese fans, down to the use of the original title for the game, Persona 4: The Golden. The P4G Vita Skin will not be made available for individual sale in North America.”

SMARMY PR MODE DISENGAGED

Persona 4 Golden on PS VitaPersona 4 Golden on PS Vita

That’s right, friends in the PlayStation Nation: ATLUS is going to make your PS Vita sexy and we’re going to do it at no added cost, provided you do what pretty much everyone else is doing—certainly all the cool kids—and reserve your copy of P4G today. (We stress the today due to the limited quantity.) What’s that, people who live on the same street/floor as whoever is reading this sentence? YOU’RE PRE-ORDERING, TOO? Your currently-reading-this friend/acquaintance is going to be sooooo jelly come the holidays.

Oh, and in case you were wondering just how improved Persona 4 Golden’s visuals are (the game is bigger and better in every other way as well, mind you), we have a couple comparison screens we’re showing here on the blog for the first time!

Persona 4 Golden on PS VitaPersona 4 Golden on PS Vita

Persona 4 Golden on PS VitaPersona 4 Golden on PS Vita

Persona 4 Golden releases this holiday season, exclusively for PS Vita. Which is, without coincidence, also when your PS Vitas become (even more) the envy of everyone you know (provided you pre-order soon). For more info about P4G, visit www.atlus.com/p4g.

PAGE 1 2

+ XCrownedClownX on August 16th, 2012 at 5:13 pm said:

I REALLY hope Best Buy Canada joins in with this! I would LOVE that skin! Especially hoping that if they do it’s not an ‘in store only’ thing and they would also get shipped out with online preorders. I pre-ordered this back during E3 when Best Buy had their $10 off games shown at E3 thing so $29.99 is a sweet price :D but GRRR I WANT THAT SEXY SKIN!

+ ABNVOX on August 16th, 2012 at 5:20 pm said:

gonna preorder this tomorrow!! i cant wait for this game!

+ hla-33 on August 16th, 2012 at 5:25 pm said:

hi arami, Please i have Question I hope to answer it, is there any further plans for the AVATARS in PlayStation®Store US? like P4G and P4A …

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on August 17th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

hla-33,

We don’t have any avatar plans to announce at this time, but be certain that we we’re aware of how much interest and demand there is for them!

+ mckg123456789 on August 16th, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

already pre-ordered ;)

+ Rotsujin on August 16th, 2012 at 5:38 pm said:

Will this release support the original Japanese text or do I have to import to play in Japanese?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on August 17th, 2012 at 3:31 pm said:

Rotsujin,

The North American version of Persona 4 Golden will not include Japanese text.

+ Wrecklesss on August 16th, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

Too bad they didn’t do CrossPlay

+ PrinceofXIII on August 16th, 2012 at 6:37 pm said:

looks ace :D

just saw the golden unboxing in japan, lots of goodies :P

Famitsu DX version

Hori

at least we’re getting a taste of this.

+ luvtoseek on August 16th, 2012 at 6:40 pm said:

I have never tried a Persona game. But the positive review scores & the huge Persona fan base is tough to ignore. And Atlus is one heck of a “gamers” developer… I’ll end up buying the digital version though.

+ thesand212 on August 16th, 2012 at 6:52 pm said:

Love it give me the soundtrack also

+ RidleysBox on August 16th, 2012 at 6:58 pm said:

@Rotsujin

Atlus’s localisations do not even support Japanese audio, let alone text. Like me, you will have to import it.

+ xxEternal_90xx on August 16th, 2012 at 7:13 pm said:

Hi,

Juz wanna ask is this pre-order only for R1 P4 Golden as I’m from M’sia and having a HK PS Vita.
Hopefully is available for R3 as well =)

+ jonboi24 on August 16th, 2012 at 8:16 pm said:

Any chance we will get a free CD or digital release of the soundtrack with Persons 4 Golden like you did with the original Persona 4? Wasn’t able to grab a copy of it back when the original Persona 4 was released.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on August 17th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

jonboi24,

We’re not planning a soundtrack bonus at this time, but thanks for the feedback!

+ xKM07x on August 16th, 2012 at 8:55 pm said:

I’ve never played a game in this series before, but I’m intrigued. I’m finally getting a Vita sometime in the near future, I’m debating if I can wait for my birthday to get it (2 and a half months… seems too far away), but either way I’ll probably wait until that LBP bundle I heard about is released. My question is, if I haven’t gotten into this series yet, what game should I start with? Should I just get Persona 3 Portable for Vita?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on August 17th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

xKM07x,

It sounds like you want to dive in BEFORE P4G’s release? If you have a PS3, you could consider the PSN version of Persona 3 FES. If you only have a PSP/PS Vita or are determined to play on-the-go, I would recommend Persona 3 Portable. PS.Blog’s own Jeff Rubenstein was much like you, completely uninitiated, but P3P seems to have clicked with him in a major way (you can find a recent preview of P4G here on the PS.Blog in which he talks about how much he’s been enjoying P3P).

The older games in the franchise are less forgiving and more traditional in their game design. It’ll be harder to work backwards if you start with 3 or 4, but based on what I’ve read on forums, most folks who haven’t played a ton of hardcore JRPGs and who don’t have the aid of nostalgia seem to not stick with the series when they start with Persona or P2:IS, hence my suggestion of starting with P3 or waiting for P4G.

I hope you enjoy it if you decide to give it a go!

+ XDeath90 on August 16th, 2012 at 9:38 pm said:

Nice, Pre-ordering ASAP. Now all we need is shiny Persona 4 PSN Avatars to go along with them ;)

+ rh_underhill on August 16th, 2012 at 9:49 pm said:

Wait, what’s the actual release date?

Amazon and Gamestop have their pre-order listings state that it releases Nov 20, but the Best Buy site states that it releases and available to pick up on Oct 30.

I’m assuming there’s an error in there somewhere.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on August 17th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

rh_underhill,

No final release date has been confirmed, only a release timing of fall 2012.

+ KnifingGrimace on August 16th, 2012 at 9:55 pm said:

Aww, man… I really want this, but I don’t know if I’ll even be able to afford a Vita before this releases. Still going to keep saving my money though.

Hey, hey! Aram, maybe you can tell us when we’ll get Persona 3 and/or 4 Playstation Network avatars?

+ AnDRo27ja on August 16th, 2012 at 11:58 pm said:

this is how my vita looks since P4G released in Japan. Awesome game!! definitely recommended. 45hours in and still having fun playing

+ RAP1979 on August 17th, 2012 at 1:51 am said:

Of course, you’d add a “Shin Megami Tensei” on the cover itself, right… Right? Anyways, off topic here, I’m just hoping for an Eternal Punishment PSP release. Still have the original PS2 game…definitely recommended for those never tried a SMT game.

+ OvertechBroch on August 17th, 2012 at 7:56 am said:

Sweet skin, but I already plan on buying it off the PSN. This is still my most anticipated game this year.

+ chasez671 on August 17th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

Aw man! I was planning on making all my games digital, but now it looks like I’m going to change that plan..

+ BpPomerleau on August 17th, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

persona series= kickass

this game= must buy/preorder for Vita owners!!!

+ Rotsujin on August 17th, 2012 at 11:58 am said:

@RidleysBox They have been pretty awful in the past but then again P4 Arena has pretty good language support. That could be Arc’s work or maybe Atlus is moving in a new direction, who knows.

+ joeyrpger on August 17th, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

First thing I did when I heard this was coming out was buy a Vita and preorder Persona 4 Golden. Soon my Vita’s Game Card slot will enjoy the goodness it has been waiting for all this time…

+ Rotsujin on August 17th, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

I appreciate the response Aram.

+ TJF588 on August 17th, 2012 at 6:13 pm said:

Tempted, but I tend to have this policy of black-bordered handheld game system screens. One of the reasons I was ecstatic about the Ghost of Sparta bundle PSP (black faceplate, red body), and why the Ass Creed Tri Liberation bundle doesn’t appeal to me. Thus, while this is hella stylish, I think I’ll hold off, especially since I can’t utilize it for the forseeable future.

But, as a sleeze, I must ask: Will it be separate from the game case’s shrinkwrap? If so, I could order it, return just the game, and hold out for a digital release once I actually have a Vita.

+ Sevyne on August 18th, 2012 at 12:34 am said:

@TJF588: Why would you even ask that? If you are going to do something so sleazy and admit that it is, then keep it to yourself. I would advise against it, but if you are set in you scummy ways then just don’t go announcing it.

+ EmperorKorea on August 18th, 2012 at 4:56 pm said:

aww, i wanted something like the hat from persona 3 portable pre-order.

+ Benmo316 on August 18th, 2012 at 10:09 pm said:

If I could pre-order this digitally and get the Vita skin I would, but I’m not buying hard copies of Vita games, I guess I miss out. Maybe in the future Vita will get digital pre-order perks.

+ SheIIs on August 19th, 2012 at 3:27 am said:

Man this looks really awesome, I just finished P3 FES on PSN and am hyped as hell. Was curious if the story will be up to par though :/ Pre ordered a Assassin’s Creed liberation bundle this morning for this game :D

Btw for any potential white vita owners, I photoshopped how the skin will look like on the white Vita

+ KainDrake on August 19th, 2012 at 11:55 am said:

Hehe! I’ve been wanting to play this for a while. Missed my chance when it came out for the ps2. Just need a Vita, but definitely picking this up regardless. I loved Person 3 (still have to finish FES >.<) and I really got interested 4. can't wait.

+ KainDrake on August 19th, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

Oops! Forgot to ask. Is Persona 4 related to the other games, or is it its own contained story?

+ diN014rawr on August 19th, 2012 at 3:27 pm said:

I was going to buy P4G digitally, but now I’m going to buy the retail for sure, only for that skin *__*

+ Sevyne on August 19th, 2012 at 4:33 pm said:

@KainDrake: Pretty much every Persona game is it’s own contained story. Their are some very loose ties to each game, but overall you can pretty much pick up and start at any game in the series. Most people find the most accessible pick-up point is Persona 3 and it seems you’ve already got started on that. I’d still recommend Persona 2 since it’s a great game, but it is a much much different game than 3 and 4. Persona 1 has aged horribly though.

+ TallCrowe on August 20th, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

I don’t believe in pre-orders, but I will in this case.

+ Samanthuel on August 21st, 2012 at 7:16 pm said:

@ Chidori_93 (29) and Aram Jabbari

I am compelled to make my first post ever because this is the first time I’ve ever seen someone else bring up this issue. Every single wallpaper that I’ve loaded onto the Vita (Custom made and re-sized to native in Photohop) experiences these pixelation errors. It basically looks like heavy JPEG compression, and is very noticeable when flipping between the photo viewer and the home menu. Get an image with fine lines, red and black boundaries, and a lot of non-orthographic patterns, and you’ll see what we mean. If this was fixed, I’d go crazy making wallpapers like I did for my PSP, but as it stands it just doesn’t look good enough to be worth the effort.

+ KainDrake on August 22nd, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

@Sevyne Thanks. I figured 3 was its own story because I didn’t get the impression it was continuing off of something, but i wanted to make sure.

PAGE 1 2