PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Sports Champions 2 Available In North America on October 30th

Jeremy Ray's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Ray on Aug 17, 2012 // Senior Producer, Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios

Hi again, this is Sports Champions 2 Senior Producer, Jeremy Ray, and I’m super excited to finally let everyone know when Sports Champions 2 will be available here in the US — October 30th! Since we’re getting close, I’ve got a small update on the game for you.

Sports Champions 2 on PS3

We’re giving the game one final coat of polish and squashing bugs right now, and I’m proud to say that we’ve surpassed many of our lofty internal goals. We can’t wait until it’s in your hands.

One example: the Avatar Creator feature has turned out so much better than we envisioned it. In fact, we are already starting to think about post-release support to make this feature even better — hopefully I’ll be able to announce something on that after launch. The creativity we’ve seen with the QA team on the avatar creator has been inspiring, and we’re incredibly excited to see how much further the fans take it.

Sports Champions 2 on PS3

We are also getting a ton of great feedback on Skiing, Boxing, Tennis, Golf, Bowling, and the new Archery. Just like with SC1, everyone seems to have their personal favorite. While my personal favorite in SC1 was Bocce, I’ll wait until SC2′s been out for a bit before making that call for the sequel.

Party Play keeps getting better and better, too. I really hope this takes off, as it’s been a blast to make. Thanks to the tremendous talent of Zindagi for making this possible, with big time improvements on core systems — like the removal of three point calibration.

Sports Champions 2 on PS3Sports Champions 2 on PS3

Thank you, and continue to stay tuned for more Sports Champions 2 news. We’ll see you on the leaderboards!

+ Chase167 on August 17th, 2012 at 2:55 pm said:

day 1 for me

+ Chase167 on August 17th, 2012 at 2:56 pm said:

i hope the bowling is good

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

+ Jeremy Ray on August 17th, 2012 at 3:41 pm said:

Hope you dig it, too. IMO, the throw is much more realistic than anything else out there. Like SC1 Bronze will have assist to help newcomers, but as you progress assist is lowered. Advanced bowlers will probably prefer Gold to Bronze for example.

+ KazeEternal on August 17th, 2012 at 3:29 pm said:

Improved Archery, Bowling, and Boxing…. three things you had to only mention to make me decide to get this.

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

+ Jeremy Ray on August 17th, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

Thanks.

+ cecil322 on August 17th, 2012 at 3:30 pm said:

Can’t wait

1. How much at retail
2. Does boxing require 2 move wands

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

+ Jeremy Ray on August 17th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

1. All move required titles are $39.99.
    2. 1 Move is designed to be good, but 2 Moves is better. With 1 move your off hand punches are button presses.

+ Heavenly_king on August 17th, 2012 at 3:31 pm said:

I think it would be a nice idea if this avatars were compatible with playstation home, and the other way around with games that enable us to have our own avatar.

It would allow a better integration of playstation home into more games, and also that way 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party games would promote PS Home in some way XD

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

+ Jeremy Ray on August 17th, 2012 at 3:48 pm said:

Agreed. Would love to be able to import and export game avatars into and out of HOME. If HOME supported this, I know we would want to support it on the game side.

+ KazeEternal on August 17th, 2012 at 3:31 pm said:

Any plans for a 60 dollar move experience? I really enjoyed Medieval Moves from you guys and Sorcery from The Workshop, I’d like to see some growth in this area.

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

+ Jeremy Ray on August 17th, 2012 at 3:50 pm said:

I saw a new Move story based game announced at Gamescom, Until Dawn.

+ bernionline2 on August 17th, 2012 at 3:35 pm said:

Online multiplayer?

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

+ Jeremy Ray on August 17th, 2012 at 3:52 pm said:

No online multiplayer. Similar but improved / expanded from SC1 there are online leaderboards and Facebook functionality.

+ MakoSOLIDER on August 17th, 2012 at 3:49 pm said:

Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation says Hi

+ Elvick_ on August 17th, 2012 at 4:08 pm said:

Not sure if I can get this one right away, too many games releasing. I’ll ask for this for Christmas. Will be fitting, since I got the original for Christmas too. :P

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

+ Jeremy Ray on August 17th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

I’m looking forward to playing this with my family over the holidays, I say good call. :)

+ onQ on August 17th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

The Disc Golf challenge was my favorite thing to do in SC1 is there anything in SC2 that you can just pick up & get lost in for hours just playing over & over again?

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

+ Jeremy Ray on August 17th, 2012 at 4:22 pm said:

All of the events have arcade like challenges just like SC1.

+ freshprincepbg on August 17th, 2012 at 4:17 pm said:

After watching the Olympics, this game can’t get here soon enough!

What is Avatar creator, is it create a player? Like I can play as myself instead of Tatupu?

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

+ Jeremy Ray on August 17th, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

Yes Avatar creator is a create a player option. You can choose to play with a pre made character if you’d like, but you can make your own too. My AP Bob, made an avatar that looked scarily similar to himself and would change his avatar’s clothes to match what he was wearing each day. I laughed very hard the first time I noticed. He never said anything about it.

+ Emadeowa on August 17th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

Will we have SC1 Events in SC2 or will have to put in SC1?

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

+ Jeremy Ray on August 17th, 2012 at 4:27 pm said:

SC2 is meant to compliment SC1 and not as a replacement. SC2 has all new experiences that extend without invalidating SC1. If you enjoy playing Disc Golf and Bocce from SC1 as much as I do for example, keep that SC1 disc around.

If you have the digital version of either one you can avoid the disc swap too if you want.

+ KazeEternal on August 17th, 2012 at 4:39 pm said:

@Jeremy Ray
Thanks for the suggestion, I saw the announcement for Until Dawn along with the trailer during the week. Can’t say it’s my cup of tea. I hate survival horror and have nothing nice to say about horror movies with their cheesy story lines either. Kind of avoid that stuff like the plague. I loved storied experiences like Uncharted, Killzone, Mass Effect (still confused why we don’t have voice and sharp shooter support, but what ever), and many others, i liked were Sorcery was going. So I want something that was move Dedicated that was on par with Uncharted in terms of production quality.

I really enjoy the implementations Zindagi provides with Sports Champions and Medieval Moves. It would honest be nice to see a full on adventure game in the vain of Zelda Skyward Sword come from you guys, but without bean Zelda. Kind of makes me wish the Sub Controller was more like the move so we could have better sword and shield support for that sort of thing. A Move Guide Controller if you will. Anyway can’t wait for SC2, purchased 2 more moves this week (total of 4 now) just for that game.

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 17th, 2012 at 4:41 pm said:

@Elvick agreed, on October 30th alone besides this AC III, AC Liberation, and Need for Speed Most Wanted all come out. And then on top of that, PS All Stars comes out in November, and quite a few vita games should be releasing before the end of the year.

I don’t know what to buy first anymore : \

+ bitbydeath on August 17th, 2012 at 4:45 pm said:

Any chance of getting more sports in future via DLC? I wouldn’t mind seeing Disc Golf or Bocce making a come back, along with new ones

+ SHINSPIKES on August 17th, 2012 at 4:57 pm said:

I know yah don’t want SC2 to replace SC1, but it would have been nice to import the games from 1 to 2 if we already own 1, using a one time use code. I enjoy creating and customizing my character a lot, I’m glad this is in SC2.

+ D-Squad3 on August 17th, 2012 at 5:38 pm said:

Hmm, same day as Assassin’s Creed III and Liberation.

+ cobrafang on August 17th, 2012 at 5:59 pm said:

Will the bowling be as good and fun as Wii bowling? Or will it be crap using the Move like in High Velocity Bowling where the Sixaxis is better because that’s what it was designed for. Please make bowling fun like Wii bowling, the PS3 needs it. And can you do DLC that adds new events like baseball.

+ YungShep on August 17th, 2012 at 6:50 pm said:

3D U SAY…IM IN! SC1 was alot of fun, i liked adding all those crazy pics to my facebook page after i played a game, lol good times.

also i met u Jeremy last year at the fun fest in austin texas last year, u demoed Medival Moves! cool guy!

+ Davenport on August 17th, 2012 at 7:20 pm said:

love playing SC1 with friends and appreciate that we’re getting a sequel. but with that being said…

1) who approved this box art?! completely ridiculous.

2) why do you guys keep mentioning that there is no “3 point” calibration. you act like this is some glorious new feature I should be impressed with when in fact there was nothing wrong with having to calibrate in SC1.

3) so many games today now include some form of online multiplayer. the majority of which is completely unnecessary and pointless. however, SC2 is one game that absolutely should have online play. I’m shocked and disappointed that this feature has not been added.

+ High-flyer2 on August 17th, 2012 at 8:04 pm said:

Hey Okay So this game LOOKS AMAZING =D ! Like NO joke! but i have one Question and i know a lot of people will be wondering this…. Will It have SPC1 Games Such as Disc golf in the number 2 disc or as an Addon? Or none at all because i believe it should be a DLC and if you bought the game you get it like half off because i know people don’t wanna switch discs to play Different games on Sports champions :) Sorry for the question can’t wait to play it!

+ spaceboy21 on August 17th, 2012 at 9:15 pm said:

Can you give a description of how the tennis will work? After playing SC1 Table Tennis my first thought was how great it would be if someone did for tennis what SC1 did for Table Tennis. The implementation of spins and angles was amazing. I tried the demo of Grand Slam and it didn’t do it for me since it was still basically just gestures. Also, will you use the sub controller for movement or just concentrate on the swings? An option for both modes would be really great.

Second, does the boxing feel like The Fight Lights Out and/or Move Fitness? Coldwood did such a good job with both games I hope the boxing in SC2 holds up as well.

And yes, despite already having both AC games on pre-order I’ll still get this day one – it looks great.

+ HongoXIII on August 17th, 2012 at 10:16 pm said:

Will definitely be picking this up.

In the mean time, I will make sure I find time to have a day where I play the original game some more. My arms will be ready to fall of by the time it’ s all said and done.

+ CAGaHTN on August 17th, 2012 at 11:12 pm said:

can’t wait to play in 3D. Hope you left disk golf out because yo turned it into a full game!!!

+ Elvick_ on August 17th, 2012 at 11:35 pm said:

@20: Because a lot of people hated the calibration in the original game, and this is a sequel so they’re saying what the improvements are… I mean… if someone hated it, then now they know it’s not like that anymore. Not sure why you’re so against them talking about the game’s improvements.

@22: I’d like to know more about Tennis too. Somehow, I doubt that we’ll have free movement with the navi… but it’d be awesome if it were there.

+ jml_809 on August 18th, 2012 at 7:59 am said:

How about this, the PS Move needs more hardcore games not a sequel to a Wii Sports clone. However with games like LittleBigPlanet Karting, Socery, and Until dawn having been/being implemented with Move technology with the help from DLC from multiple GOTY winner Portal 2 the motion controller might be having it’s best year this year and might be able to compete with the declining sales of Kinect at it’s own prime in 2010 and 2011.

+ ItaChu on August 18th, 2012 at 8:21 am said:

I feel for this game ….. sales are gonna be terrible with all the other October 30th games …..

+ MarinoBrea on August 18th, 2012 at 8:34 am said:

Good job, Jeremy

+ PsychoSploosh69 on August 18th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

Can’t wait! This is gonna be awesome! Thanks Jeremy for the update!

+ joostin on August 18th, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

I know this is a long shot, but it would be awesome to have an import function for the SC1 events. ie. While playing SC2 if you want to play a game of disc golf you would just goto a SC1 import menu in SC2 similar to the way Rock Band/RB2/RB3 integrate with each other. It asks you to pop in the SC1 disc and off you go without exiting the game and waiting for a new game to boot.

Disc Golf is pretty big here in BC, 10 courses within driving distance of me lol. So needless to say my friends and I play a lot of SC1 disc golf during the offseason ;). Would be a shame if we had to go through an arduous loading process to go from say boxing to bocce to skiing to disc golf and so on.

Still getting this day one but if that was a DLC patch I think a lot of SC1 owners would be very pleased with you guys/gals.

Thanks.

+ GhostMachine1 on August 18th, 2012 at 3:51 pm said:

I’m a little disappointed that disc golf isn’t in this version because it was my favorite game in the first SC. Why was it removed from the sequel?

+ Undrey on August 19th, 2012 at 1:47 am said:

@31 This game is not meant to be a replacement of the first game.

I love the first one!

+ XxSTORM_FRONTxX on August 20th, 2012 at 2:43 am said:

No Disc Golf, if that is true won’t buy this i guess. the market is out there for a big disc golf game to be made.Ccould have real courses, Innova discs, Discraft discs

+ Randinator-_001 on August 20th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

good, i hope a demo gets available soon :-)

+ aDarkSavior on September 3rd, 2012 at 4:12 pm said:

Jeremy,

For Deadmund’s Quest, why wasn’t there 1 vs 1 online gameplay (either that or I couldn’t find it)? That’s what I was most looking forward to when I got the game.

Are the kinks still being worked out for that for your future title? I’m sure that’s something most of us would like to have (as long as it’s smooth gameplay).

+ NeilAbou on September 8th, 2012 at 4:06 am said:

Looks interesting. Fan of SC1; control and accuracy of table tennis is great. Disc golf good fun but desperately needs more courses. I haven’t bought any of the existing dlc for SC1 but would definitely buy more courses for the disc golf, it almost seems like the disc golf is a demo compared to the other sports.

Like the new sports for SC2. My only query regards the lack of 3 point calibration – how can the accuracy of the original be maintained without this?