Driveclub

Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition

Aram Jabbari's Avatar + Posted by Aram Jabbari on Aug 24, 2012 // Manager of PR and Sales, ATLUS

PlayStation.Blog chums,

Persona 4 Golden. It’s so hot right now. It’s Japan’s hottest PS Vita game of all time, selling more than twice as many units as the next bestselling title. In the weeks following P4G’s release, PS Vita hardware sales in Japan saw a dramatic spike, larger than at any time since the start of the year.

Perhaps it’s because the original Persona 4 became such a phenomenon, winning tremendous critical acclaim and adoration from consumers. It could also be because Golden, the enhanced and expanded PS Vita version of the game, dramatically improves on the beloved RPG classic in so many gosh darn ways.

Persona 4 Golden for PS VitaPersona 4 Golden for PS Vita

Did you know I speak PS Vita? True story. I can hear yours from here, musing aloud, longing for something amazing; it’s practically begging to be loved. It wants copious oodles of Persona and it wants said oodles right now. It wants 100+ hours of interacting with fleshed out, sharply written characters. It yearns for a rich world to get lost in, for intense battles, for blazing fast load times. Translation: your PS Vita has a fever, and the only prescription, is more Persona 4 Golden.

We hear your PS Vitas, PS.Blog amis. (That means “friends” in French… Don’t ask me how I know that; I took four years of Spanish in high school.)

We hear them, and we’re answering.

Persona 4 Golden for PS Vita

We’re proud to announce Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition, a very special and very limited set of collectibles for the hardcore Persona and/or PS Vita fan. Japan’s biggest PS Vita game ever deserves an extra fine greeting as it reaches North American shores in one of the coolest special editions we’ve ever put together.

Every one of the ONLY 10,000 COPIES of the Premium Edition will include:

• The game: One of the best RPGs of all time is bigger and better than ever before, enhanced to take full advantage of the power of PS Vita.
  • Hori Hard Pouch: Sturdily crafted and stylishly customized, this case has a flap for storing PS Vita cards that also guards the screen.
  • Hori Face Cover: Offers lightweight yet effective protection without blocking any major ports, meaning you don’t have to take it off to play!
  • Protective Skin: Adorns your PS Vita with the stylish, vibrant aesthetics of Persona 4 Golden and also includes eight matching character wallpapers. This same skin is being offered in limited quantities as a bonus for fans who pre-order P4G at participating retailers.
  • Stickers: Featuring some of the popular stars of Persona 4, these stickers can be used to decorate anything you can think of!

Devotees may recognize these items as the same ones made available in Japan, and they’d be right! These are exactly the same special set of accessories made by Hori for the Japanese game, down to the use of the overseas title, Persona 4 The Golden.

The Solid Gold Premium Edition will not be remanufactured. We’re projecting it will sell out and very likely in short order, so if you’re interested in owning a huge piece of ATLUS gaming history, pre-ordering from a participating retailer is highly advised!

Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition ($69.99 MSRP) releases this holiday season alongside the standard version of the game, both exclusively for PS Vita. If you’re not compelled by the Premium Edition, remember that you can still get a free protective PS Vita skin with a pre-order at a participating retailer. (Please note supplies for these are limited too.) For more info about P4G, visit www.atlus.com/p4g.

+ xwarbotx on August 24th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

If I already pre-order this game can I chose the premium edition or do I have to pre-order again?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on August 24th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

xwarbotx,

If you’ve pre-ordered at a brick and mortar retailer, it’s possible you can go in and easily transfer your funds from the standard version to the Premium Edition. If you’ve ordered online, I believe in most instances you’ll have to cancel your existing pre-order and reserve the Premium Edition in a separate order. Fortunately, most retailers will not charge your CC until the item has shipped, so no money should be getting messed around with.

Hope that helps!

+ theman_714 on August 24th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

no problem man, thanks for replying to my comment, I guess if Amazon doesn’t ship I’ll just stick to the retail version of the game, at least I’ll get the PSVITA skin!

I wish the best for Atlus in the future :D

+ xwarbotx on August 24th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

Thx for answering my question =D

+ TwinDad on August 24th, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

I want that case. I really, really want that case and I don’t even have a Vita.

Well I want the game too..

I have been enjoying Persona 1 PSP for far too many hours on my PSPGo. Next stop is Persona 2. I picked up the digital version even though I have the UMD versions, so thanks for the sale last month.

+ Astro411 on August 24th, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

I see a lot of love for this game but only for the retail version, that’s understandable, but what about people who want to go digital don’t they deserve any love?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on August 24th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

Astro411,

We’re certainly as grateful for every digital purchase, but there are limitations to what we can deliver to digital customers (until Star Trek transporters arrive, of course). There are often also licensing challenges when it comes to other kinds of bonuses we’ve done, like art books and soundtrack CDs, when it comes to offering digital versions.

We HAVE done some digital promotions in the past, like when we gave away free digital copies of Yggdra Union with physical AND PSN purchases of Knights in the Nightmare for PSP.

There are no digital bonuses for Persona 4 Golden, but we always explore our options and hope we can include something with future projects for our fans who purchase via PSN.

Thanks for the feedback!

+ sleepywolf1 on August 24th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

When will I be able to pre order it in Canada? I already pre ordered it but now I want this version. Will Persona 5 be a PS3 game?

+ Ryumoau on August 24th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

@52 i think a good digital bonus for this game would be to have it at least $10 cheaper than the retail copy. I don’t get why most digital copies are only discounted by $5. :(

+ sleepywolf1 on August 24th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

I don’t want to lose out on Persona 4 The Golden Solid Gold Premium Edition because I pre ordered the regular one last week.

+ XFRod on August 24th, 2012 at 11:50 am said:

So glad I didn’t rush out and have this imported. Thanks for bringing this to the States.

@Aram – Really excited about the included extras however, can you let the people in charge of these things know… MORE PLUSHIES!!!!! Nothing makes me all warm and tingly than a limited edition plushy.

Shoot, I had to buy two copies of “Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon”. One for the collector in me, that hated to open such a nicely displayed plushy… The other because, let’s face it, an unsqueezed plushy, is a sad plushy.

Which reminds me, since I’ve got your attention, a little tie-wearing sheep man plushy would have been so much cooler than a pair of boxer shorts. Just sayin’

Regardless, keep up the good work. If it says Atlus on the box, that’s enough reason for a day one purchase.

+ iiGeTMoNeY23 on August 24th, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

If you want people to buy a PSVita or this game, release all games that can be played on PS3 (this game can be played on PS3) on PS3 and PSVita with Cross Buy, and you have a guaranteed million of million purchases. Or at least do it for all firsty party games, but if you get third party games as well, it will obviously be even more success, more PSVita purchases, more PS3 purchases and more people will buy more games

I would get a PSVita right now, so much more people will buy this game and all games as well.

+ sleepywolf1 on August 24th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

It is now 3:00 pm in ON Canada and it is still not ready for pre order!? Come on, im I going to miss out because i’m Canadian??

+ Hokage_45678 on August 24th, 2012 at 12:12 pm said:

Aram, Asalamualaikym, I Pre-ordered Persona 4 Golden for the Vita. Do I get the skin when the game comes out?

Also are you guys planning to do Cross Platfrom for Persona 4 Arena? It would be awesome cause that game is actually really awesome!

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on August 24th, 2012 at 2:04 pm said:

Hokage_45678,

As long as the retailer you purchased from indicated that they’re participating in the pre-order bonus protective skin, then yes, you’ll receive it with your copy of P4G.

Persona 4 Golden is a Vita-exclusive. Surely you have a Vita by now? It’s such an amazing system! :)

+ SamuelSpade on August 24th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

It would be really cool if you could make the cartridge gold! That way it could realy stand out as a collectible. Just saying…

+ sleepywolf1 on August 24th, 2012 at 12:28 pm said:

Zzzzzzzz… What who where! Oh yeah still waiting to pre order.

+ SirSpergsalot on August 24th, 2012 at 12:30 pm said:

Still nothing on US Amazon. Starting to get a bit nervous! :(

+ sleepywolf1 on August 24th, 2012 at 12:39 pm said:

It would suck if the US Gamestop sold all 10,000 units before anyone else gets a chance.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on August 24th, 2012 at 2:03 pm said:

sleepywolf1,

That will not be possible. Allocations for participating retailers have already been determined. No one retailer will receive the entirety of the inventory.

+ King_Revis on August 24th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

I highly doubt the statement: “Every one of the ONLY 10,000 COPIES of the Premium Edition”. It’s probably some kind of marketing strategy to get more sales. I’ve seen this kind of thing done before. I am still buying it, I just ordered off of GameStop.

+ King_Revis on August 24th, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

I apologize for the double post but…
I honestly think that what will happen is that Atlus will make a certain amount of copies based on the amount of preorders.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on August 24th, 2012 at 2:02 pm said:

King_Revis,

In this instance, I can assure you: we’ve publicly limited the quantity = there will only be 10,000 units made.

+ lisatsunami on August 24th, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

Ok, Aram, you made me go to GameStop @ lunchtime to pre-order this. 10,000 copies is a measley number & I’ve missed out on collector’s editions before by waiting too long.

I appreciate what Atlus is doing to keep the Vita going because it’s crazy that the best handheld hasn’t sold much, much more.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on August 24th, 2012 at 2:00 pm said:

We’re certainly hoping that even if a few Persona fans who already have Vitas and cases turn their nose up at the Premium Edition (although really, it’s a good value for quality items!), we can do our part and get a lot of folks who are tempted but not all the way there to finally commit and pick up a Vita! :)

+ TJF588 on August 24th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

So much desire, but I don’t have a job anymore, so I’ve got to ration my spending. Since I don’t have a Vita, either… Well, hey, I missed the bonus content for the PS2 release (not the artbook [which was HUEG!], but the second OST disc, the Teddie plush, T-shirt, etc.), and I figure I’d side with P3 over P4, anyway (aside from gameplay and presentation improvements), so i can justify missing out to myself.

…*whine* (And I’d have a spot for that logo sticker on my very stickered laptop top!)

+ TJF588 on August 24th, 2012 at 1:12 pm said:

Oh, and the digital revolution. That’s another way I can hopefully make myself not depressed for missing out on these snazzy physical good[ie]s.

+ TJF588 on August 24th, 2012 at 1:16 pm said:

Y’know, actually, if these bonuses were provided separate from the game itself, I would totally shell out for them. Get the limited stuff now, get the game when I can.

But alas. Well, maybe I could resell the game. eBay and Amazon Marketplace, wot.

+ EmperorKorea on August 24th, 2012 at 1:32 pm said:

This better stay PSVita exclusive. I’m going to buy a Vita mainly for this game and I’ll be uber-pissed if this gets ported to a different platform.

+ iBOCK_ on August 24th, 2012 at 1:41 pm said:

Looks like I’m going to have to change my pre-order! Hope GameStop will have this option available.

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on August 24th, 2012 at 2:08 pm said:

I just preorderd mine at gamestop

SWEET!!!!

LOVE ATLUS!!!!

+ XxDeathDaKiddxX on August 24th, 2012 at 2:31 pm said:

Hey Aram, I was just wondering if the release date for P4G is really November 20,2012 as listed on various retailer websites or is it still just a Fall 2012 release for now?

+ theman_714 on August 24th, 2012 at 2:42 pm said:

@XxDeathDaKiddxX

I thought I’d let you know, if you look through the comments you’ll see his response, they don’t have an official release date other than Fall/Holiday 2012 so hopefully by then it will be out

+ lisatsunami on August 24th, 2012 at 2:43 pm said:

Well, Aram, Ubi got me to buy a second Vita, because it’s white & comes with a free game & memory card but if you could convince your Atlus overlords to talk Sony into making a gold Vita/Persona 4 Solid Gold bundle, I would certainly make the switch. ;-)

Now somebody tell me why I can’t figure out how to save in P3P!!

+ theman_714 on August 24th, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

@lisatsunami

there’s 3 places where you can save in Persona 3 Portable

1. at your desk in school (you’ll know it’s yours when you see a yellow book on it)

2. near the entrance of the Dorm (Sign-in Sheet)

3. inside Tartarus, just hover over the golden clock thing near the velvet room

+ gamefreak3o3 on August 24th, 2012 at 2:47 pm said:

Sweet. I already imported a Hori case for my Vita, but I can’t help but get this. I’ll pre-order once Amazon lets me. Just hope I can gather the funds for this and a couple other games in time.

On a slightly unrelated note I still need to beat P3P.

+ Elvick_ on August 24th, 2012 at 3:23 pm said:

Been checking all day for this appear on a Canadian retailer’s site. Need it.

+ theman_714 on August 24th, 2012 at 3:34 pm said:

god dammit, this sucks, I can’t ship it to Saudi Arabia because I need a US address or APO/FPO address but I can get the regular copy just fine! I’d buy this from Gamestop, but they charge a fortune for shipping (60 freaking dollars) UGGGGGGGHHH I’VE BEEN WAITING ALL DAY TO PREORDER IT!

+ XxDeathDaKiddxX on August 24th, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

PRE-ORDERED AT AMAZON.COM :)

+ Zerbog on August 24th, 2012 at 4:14 pm said:

I do not own a vita but I pre-ordered the solid state edition of this game, that case is dead sexy. I will just stare at the box longingly until I can afford to put $250 down on a system to play it on, which probably won’t be till next year. Atlus is amazing.

+ TJF588 on August 24th, 2012 at 4:33 pm said:

UGH! Preordered at Amadjon. If November 20th sticks, I’ve got about three months to get a job again.

Challenge Accepted.

+ lisatsunami on August 24th, 2012 at 4:44 pm said:

@76, theman, thank you. I guess I hadn’t got that far yet, I was still in the hallway eavesdropping & bothering people.

You need a friend in the US to buy it for you. Your English is excellent so Shirley you must have American contacts? (sorry, I can never stop myself from making that dumb “Airplane!” joke).

+ FruitySnaks on August 24th, 2012 at 4:56 pm said:

Aram you should be Mr Manager!

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on August 24th, 2012 at 5:00 pm said:

It’s up to me now. I’m Mr. Manager!

+ Xeno_Incognito on August 24th, 2012 at 5:25 pm said:

Finally found my reason to buy a Vita. Hope this becomes available here at South East Asia

+ Sevyne on August 24th, 2012 at 6:27 pm said:

Man some people will complain about anything. To those who are crying about the price tag for the items included; You really don’t know anything do you? The custom Hori case alone is worth more than the extra $30 and you are getting more than just that.

Anyway, I already have a hard case from my First Edition Bundle Vita and I still went out and pre-ordered this bad boy!

+ SheIIs on August 24th, 2012 at 6:46 pm said:

Hey Aram,

I really want to buy this, but the Canadian retailers still haven’t put this up. Is there any chance that this might be sold out via the U.S retailers leaving us Canadians without the special edition?

Also, the yellow case will look very slick with a White Vita inside of it :3

+ Monterossa on August 24th, 2012 at 8:35 pm said:

I won’t support region lock publisher.

+ Sevyne on August 24th, 2012 at 9:11 pm said:

@Monterossa: Okay, then don’t. That’s perfectly fine. Why post it though? Do you think anyone else cares?

+ DeepEyes7 on August 24th, 2012 at 9:36 pm said:

Well….. preordered! ;)

+ magekioman on August 24th, 2012 at 9:53 pm said:

Will this be available in Canada? I can’t find it in the games website.

+ RobotHouse on August 24th, 2012 at 10:57 pm said:

Preordered… It’s insane the quality relationship you guys try to establish in North America. If only all publishers could figure out how to keep bringing cool and original CE’s to systems that need it like the Vita. Just wish it was coming sooner than November!

+ Goddess_Katheryn on August 24th, 2012 at 11:34 pm said:

Oh my gosh! I’m such a huge fangirl of the series and I love the display of love you’re giving us here in the U.S., and we usually get the crumbs from Japan too. I’m definitely going to be getting this package deal as a thanks to delivering such great quality game(s).

I can’t wait to play this game. Never played the PS2 version, but I keep hearing how good this one was. Just thinking about it is giving me goosebumps playing it on the Vita…

Much love, Atlus. <3 and as always, keep up the exemplary performance.

+ sepherlawls on August 24th, 2012 at 11:35 pm said:

Just placed my order for my second copy on Amazon. I preordered the standard version a few weeks ago and can’t pass this up. I will gift the other copy because I think everyone should want Persona for the holidays. They’re probably terrorists or something if they don’t. I love you Atlus and want to have your babies.

+ SaintSudden on August 25th, 2012 at 12:15 am said:

Will this be available for amazon.ca or will i have to use the .com site?

+ PrinceofXIII on August 25th, 2012 at 12:30 am said:

i don’t even have a Vita and im getting this O______O