PS4-Watch_Dogs

PS Vita System Software Update (v1.80) – Take The Tour

Don Mesa's Avatar + Posted by Don Mesa on Aug 27, 2012 // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

As most of you know we are releasing a pretty hefty System Software Update (v1.80) for PlayStation Vita (PS Vita), which will enhance your experience and also allow you to play PSone Classics on your device.

Before the update becomes available, I wanted to take the opportunity to walk you through some of the highlighted changes and give you a sneak preview of what you can expect.

PSone Classics

Here is a list of PSone Classics titles that will be available for download on 8/28:

• Arc the Lad
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • FINAL FANTASY VII
  • Hot Shots Golf 2
  • Jet Moto
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tomb Raider
  • Twisted Metal 2
  • Wild Arms

For those of you who have already purchased these titles, you will be able to re-download those games directly from your PS Store account or transfer them to your PS Vita directly from your PS3 at no extra charge.

I hope you enjoyed the video; for any additional information on PS Vita System Software Update v1.80, please visit this page when the update goes live.

As always, we appreciate and look forward to your feedback and questions below.

709 Comments

PAGE 1 10 11 12 13 14 15

+ Midair on August 28th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

@539: love how you did not read his post where he said he does not have a ps3 to transfer his games over from. I am in the same book as him except i own a ps3 but it’s packed away in storage and I have no idea where mine is in there I ain’t about to go dig it out just to get the 1 game I truly want to play which is FFVII I also own FFVIII both cannot yet be downloaded from the settings tab on the ps store.

+ bigz12345432 on August 28th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

yea midair this is a crisis and that link just showss the euro blog list thats nothing to do with us

+ Midair on August 28th, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

er I was refering to shatgan’s comment.

+ Sauveur_Quebec on August 28th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

please guys let us now when the update of store will be done, so we can download our game as soon as possible

+ gldoorii on August 28th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

Just another reminder that if you own a PS3 you can transfer many PS1 games (such as MGS, FF7-9, RE1-3, Silent Hill and more) via Content Manager just like you can with PSP games that are mysteriously unavailable on the Vita’s Store. It absolutely boggles my mind how this is doable and yet Sony only gives us a handful of games without telling people they can use a PS3 to transfer more. Once again…Sony screws their customers.

+ bigz12345432 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

yea ikno

+ theecurrykid on August 28th, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

so…i got the update and said lets try the CROSS CONTROLLER it would be ok to use the vita as a dualshock replacement…I also saw the demo with lbp2…anyways just like killzone 3 and remote play EPIC FAIL. It only works for games that are compatible and until lbp2 does an update you cant use it the AND you may have to PAY for…so not 1TITLE WORKS FOR CROSS CONTROLLER……..soooooooo im fed up because of the simplest of promised features not being carried out…If your interested in a ps vita pm i need to get rid of mine before i smash it

+ Midair on August 28th, 2012 at 12:03 pm said:

@gldoorii ffvi also works too only one that doesnt is ffv from what previous comments that people have said. I don’t know for sure as I am one of the select few waiting for the psstore to actually release these titles in the store for direct download through the vita.

+ bigz12345432 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

@ midair when is that gunna be ready for direct download today? what time lol its like 320 here pm

+ Midair on August 28th, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

I heard someone say 4pm today is when there gonna update the ps store but I heard someone else say its gonna be tomorrow. So i have no idea I really hope its today it’s only 12:25 here so fingers crossed its today!

+ Midair on August 28th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

4pm around your time I mean as well, I keep checking every hour.

+ gagiandria on August 28th, 2012 at 12:30 pm said:

Hello guys, I need help, I have just updated system software to 1.80 but new features don’t work on my vita for example closing tab with O or open it with X, and in browser rear touch pad doesn’t work, but it works in games, is it only for me? HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

+ Tesal2005 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

I pray that Sony will accept my apologies, I was angry at the early morning seeing how we treated with PATCH 1.80 in regard to PSone titles.

Please, take a step back and release more titles if not all titles already. I believe there is no copy rights issues or sue cases will happen.

also it is time to bring all of the PSP titles that works secretly to the store of Vita already.

it is time to earn money and improve your business and ofc improve and expand your libraries.

and it is strange not even a red post at all ? how come :S ?

+ bigz12345432 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:32 pm said:

THanks so much midar this is too much of a headache jus to play ps one games ugh

+ CodyM22 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

9 games? That’s it out of the gate? WTF! Come one Sony. Your japanese branch put out 200, yes 200 first day. With another 400 more due out in the next couple weeks.

Even the European Branch has over 100 games available for. You have dropped the ball Sony.

Cody

+ gagiandria on August 28th, 2012 at 12:41 pm said:

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

+ scotchnbeer on August 28th, 2012 at 12:41 pm said:

Thanks for the update. Now on to rock band blitz!

+ zombie9 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:54 pm said:

SONY Please note.. We are working hard to ensure that all of your favorite PS one Classics titles will be available for download directly on your PS Vita via PlayStation Store (PS Store) as soon as possible. what was the update for???

+ AizawaYuuichi on August 28th, 2012 at 12:54 pm said:

@ gagiandria: Did you go into Settings, and turn on those features? Like it shows us how to do in the video that came along with this post? If you haven’t, try doing that. Should fix it for you. ;)

+ boyanvv on August 28th, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

Toy Story Racer
Toy Story Racer and Toy Story 2: Woody and Buzz bundle
Vagrant Story
Alundra
Urban Chaos

+ boyanvv on August 28th, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

Of course this update did not just bring Ps1 support, with the v1.80 update came:

Directional Buttons control the interface.
Improvements to the web browser.
Improvements to the Video Player
Improvements to Maps
Cross-Controller
Controll PsP games via touch screen

Interface Improvements:

With this update you can now use the Vita’s buttons to move around and select different icon’s on you Vita’s menu. This feature can be selected in the Vita’s settings.

+ jack5mikemotown on August 28th, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

If you have one of the officially supported ps1 games in your downloads list you can download it. You can also find any of the supported ps1 games using the search function.

+ boyanvv on August 28th, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

Improvements To The Web Browser:

Included in this update is some improvements with the way we use the web on our Vita’s. There is now a search bar at the top of the page. There is also an icon on the side of the page that allows us to jump to the top of the page. The final update to the web browser is a much talked about feature, which allows us to scroll up and down a webpage using the rear touch panel.

Improvements To The Video Player:

You can now change the playback speed, and choose more details using the directional buttons.

Cross-Controller:

This brand new feature can be found in the “remote play” section of you PS Vita, using this you can then access and control different Ps3 games depending on if they are supported. Little Big Planet 2 in one of the games that currently support the feature.

+ death_by_wabbit on August 28th, 2012 at 1:08 pm said:

Sony really likes to crap on us American gamers. this is why the Xbox is so successful in the US. MS really sucks and I would never think of buying their garbage, but at least they cater to the American gamer. That is why Sony has been losing the market here of late, they keep sending a clear message to us: Sony does not like their American customers. I may be wrong but its really hard to see it any other way

+ Ter-M1nat0r on August 28th, 2012 at 1:15 pm said:

Legend of Dragoon is better be in the list.
And way do they have to update yesterday if the Classic isn’t available for time being?

+ igorrocks2 on August 28th, 2012 at 1:24 pm said:

@3 D-Squad3 PS Vita has is HTML 5 ready it doesn’t have to have Flash as HTML5 capable of load wagon of stuff including less viruses and video playback.. in 2013-2014 world say bye-bye to Flash Player completely. Adobe stops supporting it slowly… It’s history of dinosaurs now.. Welcome to 21st century my friend

+ DarkS2K on August 28th, 2012 at 1:28 pm said:

Only 9 games? Phase roll outs?? *sigh

+ death_by_wabbit on August 28th, 2012 at 1:31 pm said:

#577
yeah, sounds familiar, doesn’t it?

+ bigz12345432 on August 28th, 2012 at 1:31 pm said:

finally downloading ff 7 directly to my vita this is gunna take a while sigh

+ badomen78 on August 28th, 2012 at 1:38 pm said:

This is a damn joke. Shame on you Sony. Shame on you. Everything they say/promise becomes a corrupt-a-wish.

+ calltheguy on August 28th, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

Isn’t there any way to download games (in particular Tomb Raider) I purchased for my PSPGo directly from the Playstation Store? I have the same user name and account but the computer I originally had my PSPGo synced with is no more….

+ Ofuvy on August 28th, 2012 at 1:43 pm said:

Only 9 games at launch and I still can’t download them. That’s great.

+ badomen78 on August 28th, 2012 at 1:45 pm said:

@580. I heard you should be able to download it from your DL history through the store link.

+ calltheguy on August 28th, 2012 at 1:53 pm said:

So just got off the phone with support. ANY titles you previously purchased for the PSP / PSPGo that are now compatible with Vita have to be REPURCHASED because they are “newer” versions support said. F’ING JOKE. SONY YOU JUST LOST ANOTHER CUSTOMER FOR LIFE.

+ zozimodg-us on August 28th, 2012 at 1:53 pm said:

My system is updated, so why can’t I see the PSone section when I open the PS Store on my Vita?

+ calltheguy on August 28th, 2012 at 1:53 pm said:

@582 you heard wrong.

+ death_by_wabbit on August 28th, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

@calltheguy

Don’t be stupid

+ calltheguy on August 28th, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

And after that whole support call she tried to sell me on AN EXTENDED WARRANTY ON MY VITA!!!!! Um, how about giving me the games back that I already paid for once on my PSPGo. SCAM ARTISTS. The system isn’t selling so they’re resorting to really cheap tactics…

+ calltheguy on August 28th, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

@582 How am I stupid?

+ death_by_wabbit on August 28th, 2012 at 1:59 pm said:

@calltheguy

because you only have to purchase a game once from the PSN store. New versions don’t matter. I have a PSPGo and I’m downloading the same games to my Vita, NO REPURCHASE NECESSARY

+ Benmo316 on August 28th, 2012 at 2:05 pm said:

Typical Sony. The hype the PSone support, then burn you with a “roll out” format. I shouldn’t get excited for anything Sony announces and should just wait for it to actually happen so I don’t get annoyed every time.

+ iiGeTMoNeY23 on August 28th, 2012 at 2:07 pm said:

Can you use the analog sticks instead of the d pad to navigate?

The search bar is a standard, it should have been there since the beginning.

The rear touch feature has to be optional with an on and off setting like using buttons to navigate the menu. Is it?

Can you zoom in/out with the rear touch pad?

Using buttons for anything has to be optional with on/off setting.

Does your own Media Go work as well?

Get all PSone and PS2 games on PSVita, what are you waiting for.

+ iiGeTMoNeY23 on August 28th, 2012 at 2:08 pm said:

Sony, if you want people to buy PSVita you have to make it have what we want.

Multitasking with everything all at once no matter what you’re doing, this includes using browser, Store, etc while playing a game, watching movie, etc

All PS3 and PSN games on PS3 and PSVita with Cross Buy

lower game prices

A free digital version of our movies

Dedicated app store so we can get really good browsers for example

Screen shots on everything with being able to upload straight to Facebook, etc

Portrait mode for everything

Built in memory storage

Cheaper memory cards,

Sound for alerts/notifications,

Background downloads even when in standby,

The icon arrangement non sense when switching memory cards,

voice and text communicate with PS3 users,

+ leoncito80 on August 28th, 2012 at 2:35 pm said:

The Games PSOne arent on the PsVita Store , I hope an update Store for the Vita Please and I would Like an upload of games from Ps2 as well. Thank You

+ calltheguy on August 28th, 2012 at 2:49 pm said:

@589 Well maybe you could explain to me how I do that having no PS3 and not having the original PC I synced my PSPGo to?

+ death_by_wabbit on August 28th, 2012 at 3:02 pm said:

@calltheguy
I shouldn’t need to explain this to you, but here goes anyway:
If you don’t have a PS3, you will have to wait till they come available on the store. However, if you have already purchased those games, YOU WILL NOT NEED TO REPURCHASE THEM. In fact even if you did somehow repurchase them (which would be impossible since the “Purchase” button disappears after you paid for it once) they would still be unavailable to you till they are posted to the Vita store. But you already know this because you are just a troll. Don’t ask me to explain any more of this simple crap to you

+ Ventusnort on August 28th, 2012 at 3:04 pm said:

Guys! the PS1 games are already on the Vita store!
to find them use the search function, i tried searching for Final Fantasy and it found FFVII !!!
They are ready to download!

+ r1dethelitening on August 28th, 2012 at 3:16 pm said:

Just gimme crash and spyro SCEA .__. And does tekken 3 work? I havent seen it in any of the lists.. Or is it even on psn?

+ bankrollcarter on August 28th, 2012 at 3:17 pm said:

When will all the PSone Crash games be able to play on the Vita n when will the cross-play update be released for Little Big Planet 2?

PAGE 1 10 11 12 13 14 15