Watch Dogs 2

Aug 27

Aug 27

PS Vita System Software Update (v1.80) – Take The Tour

Don Mesa's Avatar Posted by Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

As most of you know we are releasing a pretty hefty System Software Update (v1.80) for PlayStation Vita (PS Vita), which will enhance your experience and also allow you to play PSone Classics on your device.

Before the update becomes available, I wanted to take the opportunity to walk you through some of the highlighted changes and give you a sneak preview of what you can expect.

PSone Classics

We are working hard to ensure that all of your favorite PS one Classics titles will be available for download directly on your PS Vita via PlayStation Store (PS Store) as soon as possible.

Here is a list of PSone Classics titles that will be available for download on 8/28:

• Arc the Lad
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • FINAL FANTASY VII
  • Hot Shots Golf 2
  • Jet Moto
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tomb Raider
  • Twisted Metal 2
  • Wild Arms

For those of you who have already purchased these titles, you will be able to re-download those games directly from your PS Store account or transfer them to your PS Vita directly from your PS3 at no extra charge.

I hope you enjoyed the video; for any additional information on PS Vita System Software Update v1.80, please visit this page when the update goes live.

As always, we appreciate and look forward to your feedback and questions below.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 15

MidnightReaper said:

August 27th, 9:26 pm

Anyone know how to save in FF7? Can’t seem to figure it out on the Vita.

Cinuous said:

August 27th, 9:27 pm

updated my vita still no ps one classics though, whats up with this!!??

lisatsunami said:

August 27th, 9:27 pm

@Midnight Reaper: you are awesome! So helpful to your fellow Vita owners, thanks! I figured that Sony was only announcing a few games but far more would work, just like all my PSP games worked on day 1 on the Vita without being announced.

How do these old games look? I played Tomb Raider & TR2 on my PSP & they looked awful. Hard to discern a flying black crow from the pixelated background. Do these old PS1 games look any better on the superior Vita screen? Never mind, you’ve done enough, Midnight Reaper. I’ll just try it myself.

RydogV said:

August 27th, 9:28 pm

Wah, wah, wah…I’m not motivated, I’m not dedicated, I wanna go home, I want my milk and cookies, I want my momma…

Friggin’ A people…here’s a tissue :/

~Crash Team Racing
~Blood Omen:Legacy Of Kain
~Oddworld:Abes Oddysee

More to come.

Zyrish said:

August 27th, 9:29 pm

Seriously? 9? Why the hell does EU get so damn many, and we don’t even get half of what they get…I wouldn’t have cared as much if the EU only got 9 like us..ugh, I guess I’ll be happy we got anything at all.

topes521 said:

August 27th, 9:30 pm

M
Y
S
T

That is all…

Sephalon said:

August 27th, 9:31 pm

Anyone know how to bring up the psone menu? I would like to full screen my games instead of playing with black bars.

themajestic-2 said:

August 27th, 9:31 pm

IM……ABOUT…….TO…..PASS….OUT…..FROM………EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leoncito80 said:

August 27th, 9:32 pm

You should create a Media Go for The Vita because its hard to copy the files just by the touchscreen , and create another media player for the Vita.

Kchow23 said:

August 27th, 9:33 pm

Pleasantly surprised and very happy about the many fixes for the UI of the various native PS Vita apps, but along with some of the ones that I mentioned before… Here are some things that still need fixing: With the brand new way to navigate the PS Vita, it would be great to always highlight (maybe in green) the game that is currently inside the PS Vita, add folder functionality, make the trophy card bigger in the trophy app (it should display the full psn username), take out the “flash” sound when taking a picture or screenshot and add HTML5 + Flash to the browser or at least open video links on Youtube.

xBuTcHeRx said:

August 27th, 9:35 pm

MGS worked and TEKKEN, so far I’m OK just not happy on the horrid direct downloads currently -_-

MidnightReaper said:

August 27th, 9:35 pm

@249 IMO they look great on the Vita screen with the filter on.

Thanks :)

Just looking out for my fellow Vita/Ps3 owners and all the other gamers.

xBuTcHeRx said:

August 27th, 9:36 pm

@254 hold touching on the screen like you do for PSP games, the settings will pop up :)

Sephalon said:

August 27th, 9:38 pm

thanks for the info!

Elvick_ said:

August 27th, 9:39 pm

Really? We can’t use button controls in the PS Store? Oversight for sure. Fix up the store, add a cart while you’re at it. Then, I’ll be good.

reynolds-wrap1 said:

August 27th, 9:41 pm

Where is crash bandicoot, spyro and klonoa. Sony really needs to get every crash game made compatable for vita. Then make some new ones. As wel as spyro and klonoa

ashsofthefallen said:

August 27th, 9:43 pm

There are two things that make this an awesome update.

1. I can play ps1 classic legend of dragoon.
2.they added a mass delete button to the group messaging app. Freaking awesome!

They also tweaked the keyboard a bit. Lots of goodies they did not mention in the video…..

Also for ps1 games you have to hold the touchscreen to bring up the menu for scrren size, etc. Took me a bit to figure it out lol.

xBuTcHeRx said:

August 27th, 9:44 pm

Spyro works however I’m VERY disappointed NONE of the Crash games are compatible, HOW can you treat your baby Naughty Dog like this SONY?! D:

Elvick_ said:

August 27th, 9:44 pm

@257: I doubt the camera shutter will be removed, its a Japan thing. I think its required. I agree with screenshots though.

Adobe doesn’t support mobile flash anymore. Better HTML5 and opening youtube links with the app would be great though. They should look to Android on how to do that kind of thing. Gives you all possible options and lets you set a default.

D-Squad3 said:

August 27th, 9:46 pm

NO!!! We still can’t change the music with L and R, please implement it, it would be really useful when I’m listening to music while the Screen is off aka sleep mode.

bigz12345432 said:

August 27th, 9:46 pm

does any one know if ill beable to down load games directly to my vita from psn and my download list of already purchased games will that happen today any one that knows please let me know please :)

Stealth1986 said:

August 27th, 9:48 pm

****Updated****
Ok, here’s what worked for me:

1) Metal Gear Solid
2) Legend of Dragoon
3) Parasite Eve
4) Final Fantasy Origins
5) Final Fantasy VI
6) Final Fantasy VII
7) Final Fantasy VIII
8) Syphon Filter
9) Silent Hill
10) Tekken 2

And I was able to transfer these from the PS3. Syphon Filter, Final Fantasy Origins, VI and VII have to have the controllers set to digital to play.

Here’s what did not work for me:
1) Final Fantasy V
2) Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
3) Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus
4) Spyro the Dragon
5) Spyro 2: Riptos Rage
6) Spyro Year of the Dragon
7) Crash Bandicoot
8) Crash Bandicoot 2
9) Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
10) CTR: Crash Team Racing

xBuTcHeRx said:

August 27th, 9:49 pm

Goodness gracious has anyone seen the EU update for PSONE GAMES coming Aug. 29?! I am applaud by NA SONY! Sooo freaking bad! I just hope all those games become compatible via transfer for NA Sony on the 29th as well. For shame NA SONY! -_-

Ntl_713 said:

August 27th, 9:49 pm

@265 are you sure you got spyro to work? others on the forums said it doesn’t. could you take a picture or upload a video?

MidnightReaper said:

August 27th, 9:50 pm

Can someone tell me how I can save in FF7 on Vita? Still can’t figure it out..

I feel like an idiot lol

bigz12345432 said:

August 27th, 9:52 pm

@ 272 at the first save point of the game or u may have to adjust ur memory card option can u answer my question too^^^^^^ thankx

Shacojin said:

August 27th, 9:52 pm

YAY Great Update guys and gals!

DazeOfWar said:

August 27th, 9:52 pm

@ xBuTcHeRx: You might want to double check the Spyro working comment. None of the 3 Spyro games work for me or other people on here. So far Spyro 1-3 and Legend of Mana are the only ones I can’t get to work. Still have others to redownload.

Stealth1986 said:

August 27th, 9:53 pm

@272, You should be able to press triangle at a save location and select save to save on the virtual memory cards.

MidnightReaper said:

August 27th, 9:54 pm

@273 Yes you will be able to download directly from the Vita store.. But only the ones they post. Don’t know if the download list will work.

bigz12345432 said:

August 27th, 9:55 pm

@Stealth 1986 can u answer my question if u know from my post on 268 please

J5xavier said:

August 27th, 9:56 pm

i tried final fantasy 7 just now by conecting my vita to ps3
and it works wonder

i also tried final fantasy 8 and 9 but analog controll has some issues

crono trigger also works but crono cross was not available to transfer

bigz12345432 said:

August 27th, 9:56 pm

midnight reaper will that be today dude

xBuTcHeRx said:

August 27th, 9:57 pm

Oh darn your right that’s my bad -_-
All Resident Evil’s (1,2,3) transferred fine :D

MidnightReaper said:

August 27th, 9:57 pm

@Bigz1235432 Yeah that should be sometime today.

MidnightReaper said:

August 27th, 9:57 pm

@Bigz1235432 or tomorrow.. Depending on time zones.

AstrOmicron said:

August 27th, 9:58 pm

Great upgrades to the UI. Thanks! Hoping for more great games and killer PS+ support!

<3sony

x-TAH-z said:

August 27th, 9:59 pm

ROAD RASH: JAILBREAK
MONSTER RANCHER 2
TOMBA 2
DIGIMON.

PLEASE!!

Stealth1986 said:

August 27th, 9:59 pm

To download PS1 games directly on your Vita, from what I understand from the blog, it’ll start being available tomorrow…

ToonAddict1 said:

August 27th, 10:00 pm

@277 I can confirm that the “import” PS1 game can be downloaded via the Vita at this moment. As for the regular games, it’ll probably not be up until the next Playstation Store update in a few hours.

KittyBasher666 said:

August 27th, 10:01 pm

Just downloaded update 1.80. dont see the psone classics option from the ps store…

Stealth1986 said:

August 27th, 10:01 pm

None of my PS1 games in the download list have a download button on the Vita Store, but they should have it by the time the Store publishes tomorrow.

KittyBasher666 said:

August 27th, 10:03 pm

oh i get it.. its 1:02 am here in ohio but its still 10:02 pm where playstation HQ is.. guess i have to wait another 2 hours for it to go into full affect?

MidnightReaper said:

August 27th, 10:03 pm

No probably around 6pm when the store usually updates.

DelicaGunz said:

August 27th, 10:04 pm

Damn so many of you guys are so ungrateful. Smh. It takes time to get all these games transfered over. Relax!!

ToonAddict1 said:

August 27th, 10:06 pm

@289 Actually, the “import” titles can be downloaded via the Vita as long you’ve already purchased the game (they can be accessed from the Download List section).

PsychoSploosh69 said:

August 27th, 10:07 pm

This is bs. All this wait time for 9 games? I go onto my download list hoping i can at least download crash bandicoot! Nope! What a disappointment. I was under the impression that this update was to make all ps1 titles downloadable. not only a few. i suppose at this rate we’ll either NEVER get or will get ps2 support by about 2031.

paradoxflyer said:

August 27th, 10:07 pm

The list is for games that you can download from the vita, you can transfer more games with the ps3 I’m playing Parasite Eve on my vita, I copy it with no problem also the save game is awesome

gemuvan said:

August 27th, 10:07 pm

I assume that all PS one games from EU Blog list will work on US PSV accaunts…

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 15