PS4-Watch_Dogs

PS Vita System Software Update (v1.80) – Take The Tour

Don Mesa's Avatar + Posted by Don Mesa on Aug 27, 2012 // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

As most of you know we are releasing a pretty hefty System Software Update (v1.80) for PlayStation Vita (PS Vita), which will enhance your experience and also allow you to play PSone Classics on your device.

Before the update becomes available, I wanted to take the opportunity to walk you through some of the highlighted changes and give you a sneak preview of what you can expect.

PSone Classics

We are working hard to ensure that all of your favorite PS one Classics titles will be available for download directly on your PS Vita via PlayStation Store (PS Store) as soon as possible.

Here is a list of PSone Classics titles that will be available for download on 8/28:

• Arc the Lad
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • FINAL FANTASY VII
  • Hot Shots Golf 2
  • Jet Moto
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tomb Raider
  • Twisted Metal 2
  • Wild Arms

For those of you who have already purchased these titles, you will be able to re-download those games directly from your PS Store account or transfer them to your PS Vita directly from your PS3 at no extra charge.

I hope you enjoyed the video; for any additional information on PS Vita System Software Update v1.80, please visit this page when the update goes live.

As always, we appreciate and look forward to your feedback and questions below.

709 Comments

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9 15

+ Tjoeb123 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:07 pm said:

@254 Tap and hold the touch screen, just like on PSP games.

And WTF…not putting PSOne Classics in the Store yet…. (I just moved and have yet to locate my PS3 in my big pile of boxes. I’ve been looking high and low all day too. Should I had it, I would’ve been playing Wild ARMs, Xenogears, or Klonoa by now.)

Also, from what the Settings menu tells me, the Memory Card file set up is the same as the PSPs (where each game gets its own set).

+ Heatseeker125 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:08 pm said:

When they said over 100 games at Gamescom, they meant Europe only. Gamescom takes place in Europe. Epic fail. lol.

+ KevCity89 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:08 pm said:

Seems like players are putting PSOne classics in their vitas. Can someone tell me how they are doing it, cause I’ve been at this for a while now lol. & if so, what games are being approved as of now

+ Stealth1986 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:09 pm said:

@293, I was saying that none of the ones in “my” download list are showing up. I already have the ones I want transferred from the PS3, but I was just simply stating all of my purchased PS1 games are not yet downloadable through the Vita itself via the download list. I have not purchased any imports, btw.

+ CullenX on August 27th, 2012 at 10:10 pm said:

This line up is pathetic…

+ xBuTcHeRx on August 27th, 2012 at 10:11 pm said:

@296 That is my biggest of hopes as well! :/
need me some CRASH on the go!

+ Tjoeb123 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:11 pm said:

Also, there are a few minor, but neat, details that the guy didn’t go over. Here are the ones I found so far:

-The background behind the LiveAreas has been changed to one similar to the PS3′s
-The icons in Videos, Music and Photos have been changed.
-When viewing the Videos list in Videos, those videos that do not have a thumbnail will now have one automatically generated by the system.

Also, even with buttons turned on, L/R still can’t skip forward/back tracks in Music? Really, Sony? REALLY?

+ MidnightReaper on August 27th, 2012 at 10:15 pm said:

@299 Just connect your vita to your ps3 and open up content manager, The games will show up and you’ll be able to transfer them to the vita. Just make sure they aren’t installed cause if they are you will have to re-download them and leave them in bubble form for them to show up in content manager.

+ onslaughtree on August 27th, 2012 at 10:16 pm said:

~Crash 2
~Crash 3
~Crash Team Racing
~Blood Omen:Legacy Of Kain
~Oddworld:Abes Oddysee

+ KittyBasher666 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:20 pm said:

so thats how you transfer to the vita. all mine are installed and i deleted the install bubble. got it. going to DL all them again.. this is going to take a while lol

+ badreligionbomb on August 27th, 2012 at 10:22 pm said:

ummm it plays every single PS1 classic I have in my PSN download list… Silent Hill, Symphony of the Night, Parasite Eve…. all work

+ Tesal2005 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:26 pm said:

@ badreligionbomb

please help us with writing down your list

I hope for biggest list of playable PSone games.

I will throw a few boxes and buy all of playable RE titles and FF9 if it works on vita and seek someone to transfer them for me, while sony wakes up to make it directly supported when *God knows^.

+ MidnightReaper on August 27th, 2012 at 10:26 pm said:

Yeah still can’t get the save feature to work in FF7 I’m at the save point but it won’t let me click save..

+ larasshadow195 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:27 pm said:

now i just wonder if all of the psone classics will be here in the playstation store and how about if there’ll even be the ps2 classics within the psvita someday and how if we can also include every psone classic demo within the rest of the psone classic titles and even the pre-release builds of the psone classics should even be here within the playstation store aswell and that would even go with ps2 pre-release builds also within the playstation store and i know better! :)

+ bigz12345432 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:28 pm said:

thanks guys im deff not hating on sony though they giving me a way to play ps one games again just daaaaang i really cant wait to start dl my games its gunna take soooooooooooooo long for each game sigh

+ Unholy_Kargath on August 27th, 2012 at 10:29 pm said:

If the Spyro games don’t come out tomorrow I hope they come out soon!

+ KevCity89 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:33 pm said:

@MidnightReaper: Thanks

So from what I heard, read, & seen lol, what I’ve done was delete every PSOne classic I had & am now in the process of re-downloading them. Once they are done, I will put them on the Vita & the ones that check out will be fine. The ones that don’t, I’ll just have to wait another time. I would like to take this time & thank the Playstation community (Gamers) who found ways to instill PSOne classics faster, rating than waiting from the idiots upstaris lol

+ subject98 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:34 pm said:

That little list is disappointing from all angles.

+ onslaughtree on August 27th, 2012 at 10:36 pm said:

How to get Ps1 games onto your Vita.

(1) Plug Vita via usb into ps3.
(2) Select content manager on Vita, it will open up “Connect to Ps3 System” select .
(3) Next hit “Copy content from Ps3 system to Ps Vita
(4) Next hit “Applications”
(5) Next hip ” Playstation ”
(6) Next hit Aplications downloaded on the Ps3 system.
There you have it.

As stated by many before, it seems that you CANNOT transfer ps1 titles straight through the Vita as of now. You will need your ps3 to transfer your titles.

Important Side note. : I had also purchased R-Types on PSN, but it seems that it is not available from the PSN store anymore. , however, I went back into my Download list from 4/24/2008 and there it was. But it was all for naught, it did NOT work on my Vita….

+ MXDNINJA on August 27th, 2012 at 10:38 pm said:

i just downloaded this update a few minutes ago and while i was checking some of the new things i noticed that the back touchscreen wasn’t working on the web browser. The video said that was going to be one of the features so i was wondering if im the only one.

+ PlatinumAura on August 27th, 2012 at 10:40 pm said:

wow so I’m transferring Legend if Dragoon now. Gonna be cool playing this and my other PS1 RPGs on my vita (finally feels like a complete product). But Vita users who don’t a PS3. This must really suck. My heart is with ya. But if they really do launch out titles every week then maybe the wait for your fav. games will be over soon! Kind of a lame move to do that though

+ LokeSTL on August 27th, 2012 at 10:43 pm said:

Final Fantasy VI also works!

+ MXDNINJA on August 27th, 2012 at 10:43 pm said:

ohh and warhawk seems to work too

+ Tito15247 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:44 pm said:

Can someone tell me if Chrono Trigger works? Thanks!

+ Tjoeb123 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:45 pm said:

@315
In the browser, …>Settings.

+ iiONyKz-_MaQuIrO on August 27th, 2012 at 10:46 pm said:

Wow! Das how you give love! Dont letgo! VITAAAAA!!!
Call of duty y the next step! uuujjjjjjuuuuuuuuuu!!!
Sony love u!!!!
and the Blog!!! so good poeple!
japonnnnn! los mejores!

+ MidnightReaper on August 27th, 2012 at 10:49 pm said:

@316 it hasn’t be enabled in the browser settings I think

+ MidnightReaper on August 27th, 2012 at 10:50 pm said:

@316 I mean it has to be enabled in the browser settings..

D’oh

+ dodgedoors on August 27th, 2012 at 10:51 pm said:

Metal gear

International track and field (was plus free game a month ago)

Mega man

Jumping flash

That’s it for me.
Is ff7 worth it?

+ monguja2012 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:51 pm said:

WTF??? Honestly THIS is what we waited for??? But why I am surprised? Since I bought the Vita It has caused nothing but disappointment for me. I had so much hope in it when I bought it and now I just regret it.

+ dodgedoors on August 27th, 2012 at 10:52 pm said:

No ff v tho :(

+ MidnightReaper on August 27th, 2012 at 10:54 pm said:

Anyone else not being able to click the save button in FF7? Have no idea what the problem is.

+ BigD4400 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:54 pm said:

Hold on a second what about the Resident Evil series? When I bought my PSVITA I thought I was able to play PS1 classics from day 1 so what’s up with this? now we gotta wait & all we get are a few titles is this how its gonna be every update? -___-

+ monguja2012 on August 27th, 2012 at 10:55 pm said:

Now I realise i should have bought an alienware laptop instead for portable gaming. Maybe more expensive but on that you can play real games not joke around with games like on the vita. Some of the games they release look like they are for kindergaten children. Nice going so far with the vita Sony!

+ towtruck09 on August 27th, 2012 at 11:00 pm said:

i hope this works for my metal gear solid game that is a ps3 and psp. i tried it before and it doesnt show up when i try to copy it over from my ps3. gatta have a classic on my vita.

+ MidnightReaper on August 27th, 2012 at 11:02 pm said:

@330 make sure it isn’t fully installed or it won’t

+ towtruck09 on August 27th, 2012 at 11:03 pm said:

And also wats with this vita being so powerful to cross play ps3 games and online play but how come their is no flash player for internet, flash is everywhere.

+ MidnightReaper on August 27th, 2012 at 11:04 pm said:

@332 because sony devices hate flash.. HTML5 is where it’s at.

+ davionwalker22 on August 27th, 2012 at 11:05 pm said:

omg you guys cry so much be happy we can play ps1 games on ps vita now!! just give them time to fix and add more ps1 games 3ds cant play gameboy games or nintendo gamecube games so just stop crying

+ xBuTcHeRx on August 27th, 2012 at 11:05 pm said:

@319 Chrono Trigger works just not Chrono Cross stated by earlier comments. I can confirm Chrono Trigger, its on my VITA! :D

+ grendel101 on August 27th, 2012 at 11:06 pm said:

Uhmm, that’s it? What the fell? Europe is getting a MUCH better deal than we are. Is licensing that difficult. This is like a slap in the face to only get 9. Especially when overseas are getting so many more!

+ Metal_Mgs on August 27th, 2012 at 11:07 pm said:

So How can people who do not have access to their ps3 get the PS1 titles? This sucks. The psp was able to direct download, yet the vita cannot?! wtf

+ MidnightReaper on August 27th, 2012 at 11:08 pm said:

@336 It will be able to later in the day. But you’ll likely only be able to download what Sony gives you.

+ dorn146352 on August 27th, 2012 at 11:11 pm said:

What am I doing wrong? I just installed the 1.8 update, but when I navigate to the PS store I don’t see any options to download PSone games… looking online I see options to send to PS3, send to PSP, but no send to vita :(

+ davionwalker22 on August 27th, 2012 at 11:16 pm said:

cry some more cry baby only 9 ps1 games o no sony i am sad my life is over stfu people omg and wait lol i just hate when people cry over dumb thinks

+ Gamesgbkiller on August 27th, 2012 at 11:18 pm said:

how i can play LBP2 on VITA ?

+ pandakuns3 on August 27th, 2012 at 11:20 pm said:

i really wish psn would make ps1 games like super robot taisen, megaman x4, x5 , x6 for my vita… really wish …
dont wanna rely on hacking PSPs to do so… people would so shell out the cash for these games.

+ Blkant on August 27th, 2012 at 11:26 pm said:

All in all it is nice to finally see some updates. I just hope to see more coming soon to fix more of the lacking support and issues.

Few requests though real quick to the PSOne support, it would be nice if you could allow the screen shot system to work. Small gripe but would be nice. Naturally more titles supported as well but that is a given, and my favorites are already there in terms of the ones that are on the store for the most part.

Also, it would be nice to see you guys get the support of some of the old classic FPS games to be ported to the vita to show off its dual joysticks for now as we wait for other FPS titles to actually make full use of them. I.E. Unreal, Doom, Quake etc… It would be especially appropriate with the remake of Doom 3 coming out.

Lastly, I always have to through this out there no matter how unrelated, it would be grate to see another Demon’s Souls in the work for console. :P

+ KazeEternal on August 27th, 2012 at 11:27 pm said:

@203 camiwaits_us
Be sure you’re not touching the rear touch screen when your random wolf changing occurs in SOTN. The rear touch is also R2/R3 and L2/L3. Depending on where you touch the screen on the back.

+ Blkant on August 27th, 2012 at 11:29 pm said:

One more thing, were missing some critical PSOne games on the store still such as Ape Escape 1, Medievil 2, etc… Also heck, with the Tony Hawk remake being so terrible to most people it would be great to see the originals on there still too.

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9 15