Overwatch

Aug 28

Aug 28

PlayStation Collections Available at Retail Today: God of War, inFAMOUS, Ratchet & Clank

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

It’s been only a few weeks since we last talked to you about PlayStation Collections and believe it or not, they’re finally here!

Available today at retailers near you and September 25th on the PlayStation Store, the PlayStation Collection is packed to the, uh, packaging with extra digital content that guarantees you’ll be getting the most out of your purchase this fall. Whether for yourself or as a gift, these are going to be a great chance to check out some of our greatest exclusive franchises.

To quickly recap, here’s what your getting in each Collection:

God of War Saga ($39.99)

• God of War, remastered in HD
  • God of War II, remastered in HD
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus

inFAMOUS Collection ($39.99)

• inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • Extra missions
  • Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles

Ratchet & Clank Collection ($29.99)

• Remastered versions of classic Ratchet & Clank games from PS2 in 1080p with 3D support (in 720p)
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
  • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  • Online Multiplayer Support for Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  • Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support
  • FREE 10th Anniversary Ratchet & Clank Avatar
  • EARLY ACCESS to the Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Demo

As an added treat for those of you wondering what the inside covers are going to look like – here they are in all their glory!

God of War Saga
inFAMOUS Collection
Ratchet & Clank Collection

We’ve been really happy to see such a positive response from the community and thank you for your continued support of PlayStation. This is just the beginning. Keep an eye out as we announce even more additions to the PlayStation Collection in the coming months!

Add Your Own

Satnamji said:

August 28th, 10:24 am

C’mon Amazon. Where’s my “Item Shipped” email notice already? lol

TM_NICO_TM said:

August 28th, 10:25 am

Rogue Galaxy HD please!!!!!

lPHOENIXZEROl said:

August 28th, 10:26 am

Ugh, I should have never bought the PS3 versions of GoW I&II, I’ve had it for at least a year and still have yet to play them.

Dragoon1456 said:

August 28th, 10:30 am

Kingdom Hearts HD Collection? anytime soon?

unworthyBOZO said:

August 28th, 10:30 am

Gonna pick up the Ratchet collection.

unworthyBOZO said:

August 28th, 10:31 am

@Dragon1456
Crosses fingers hopefully soon.

DJPlace said:

August 28th, 10:38 am

is there a way i can buy the games by them self i beaten R&C 1 and 2? i just would like 3.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

August 28th, 12:28 pm

Yep! They’ll be available individually today w/ the Store update.

ThunderElect said:

August 28th, 10:39 am

When are they coming out in Europe?

ToadJK said:

August 28th, 10:44 am

PS3 only?!? Why?!?! The Vita need some stuff like that too… [sad face…]

BigHoop65 said:

August 28th, 10:52 am

I may be in rare air. But i’m someone who truly appreciates HD collections because it gives me a chance to experience franchises that previously missed the boat on. Jak & Daxter was a prime example for me. Now I wanna pick up the God of War Saga.

If I wanted to purchase the God of War Saga on PSN, what would I be missing out on vs getting the disk copy? (1 month trial of PS+ is irrelevant to me since my membership doesn’t expire for another year and a half)

I wanna make a sound decision.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

August 28th, 12:29 pm

If you purchase it on the PSN, you won’t get God of War III. Retail is definitely the way to go in this case =)

NeoRaidenX said:

August 28th, 10:54 am

I love game collections! Good price on good games, plus lots of trophy hunting. I’m super excited if you are bringing more collections to us in the future like you say your are. I already own these game separately except R&C, which I will be getting soon.

Also, a little disappointing that God of War Origins collection of the GoW saga collection is download. I’m sure all 5 games could be crammed on to a 50gb blu-ray disc. Seeing, how there is 2 discs provided there is no reason it shouldn’t be on disc. Thinking about getting it for a gift.

Anyway, thanks for the collections. I look forward to others in the future!

cjhallme said:

August 28th, 10:57 am

@58 (BigHoop65)

You aren’t so rare. :)

I’m in the exact same boat as you on many fronts. Many of these franchises I have yet to play, and to be able to get so many games for such a great price is wonderful.

I feel the same, as well, regarding the PSN versions. I hope that the bonuses are the same, although, like you, I don’t mind about the PS+ trial as I have over a year and a half to go on that.

Joeltron3030 said:

August 28th, 10:57 am

Origins isnt actually on the disc? Thats really dumb.

Ryumoau said:

August 28th, 10:59 am

@52 i would second a KH collection, if it also included the PS2 version of chain of memories. But it won’t happen since Square Enix has lost its mind when it comes to giving fans what they actually want.

Dark_Zankoku said:

August 28th, 11:03 am

Just got the Ratchet and Clank collection, great deal for $30!

devilmosh said:

August 28th, 11:05 am

To me, it’s not a collection on disc if part of it has to be downloaded. Major fail for me, and I came close to ordering GoW early on – would have been really upset. I’ll pick up the older editions of GoW and I already have the Infamous games on disc plus Festival downloaded. If Ratchet and Clank is all on disc, then cool.

DION3TO said:

August 28th, 11:13 am

As I have all the games from god of War and inFamous series, I will be getting the R&C package! :D

DeadCell34 said:

August 28th, 11:14 am

Wow at the people complaining about the R&C Collection. $30 for 3 games, too much? Why do you even own a PS3?

infamousXX87XX said:

August 28th, 11:15 am

Just picked up the Ratchet and Clank Collection and having having a good time with it. BTW the Sly demo was fun

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

August 28th, 12:30 pm

Great to hear! I’m sure Sanzaru will be happy to know you liked the demo =)

Ryumoau said:

August 28th, 11:17 am

@66 umm….theres more things to ps3 than games. Blu ray, netflix, youtube. And more games than just a $30 collection of old games. So what exactly was the point of your post? :/

MI_Titan27 said:

August 28th, 11:24 am

ill pick up the Ratchet series, ive got all the GOW games already, and ive already recieved all infamous games for free through PLUS!

DeathGazer said:

August 28th, 11:25 am

R&C Collection for $29.99 is a steal. Plus you get the Sly 4 demo and a free avatar. What more can you want?

Heavenly_king said:

August 28th, 11:31 am

I already have every retail version of God of War games, but I will still buy the GOW SAGA, just to show my support :D

Can you begin making every HD game also available for the PSVITA PLEASE!!!! I would enjoy them more in that LED screen, and would actually buy more HD collections if that was the case.

Heavenly_king said:

August 28th, 11:32 am

I also want a Rogue Galaxy HD version PLEASE!!!!! (for both PS3 and PSVITA) :D

bigz12345432 said:

August 28th, 11:36 am

any chance fora vita release

Djryuzaki said:

August 28th, 11:36 am

So Ratchet Deadlocked HD is coming as a separate PSN download, right? I know SCEJ confirmed it for Japan….

DevilDriver-339 said:

August 28th, 11:37 am

@Cristian Cardona i made this comment on your old post about this collections please read it i think its a good idea what i am saying right here :)

hey SONY now that you are releasing GOW, Infamous, ratchet and clank packs why don’t you release

KILLZONE PACK 2 & 3 with all DLC included
RESISTANCE TRILOGY PACK
LITTLEBIGPLANET DUAL PACK

you can also put together different games like

MAG, SOCOM: CONFRONTATION & SOCOM: 4
Lair. Heavenly Sword & Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles & White Knight Chronicles II
yakuza 3 & 4
motorstorm, motorstorm pacific rift and apocalypse
Warhawk & Gran turismo 5

i know that this list has a lot of old games but for people like me who bought the ps3 recently we don’t have the oportunity to play those games when they came out another thing is that if you could do all games on disc that would be better at least for me, you can have 2 version the one with a disc and digital content or one with 2 or 3 disc even if those are a little bit more expensive but i prefer having the box, manual and the disc that having all in digital format

grettings

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

August 28th, 12:32 pm

Just ’cause we don’t answer doesn’t mean we don’t read what you’re saying =)
    Like I said, we’ll have updates in the future on additions to the PlayStation Collection!

mancub194 said:

August 28th, 11:50 am

Could you clarify what Ratchet and Clank games will be in 3D on the disc?

Joeltron3030 said:

August 28th, 12:00 pm

@DevilDriver-339
You know that White Knight II already has White Knight included on the disc, with upgrades.
And most of those games you mention are cheap now anyways, and it would be cheaper to pick most of them up separately. Id rather see collections for PS2 games remade in HD with trophies! Games we can already find easily

Joeltron3030 said:

August 28th, 12:01 pm

games we *cant* already find easily

angelspawn77 said:

August 28th, 12:14 pm

I already own all of the GOW and Infamous games, but I have yet to play the R&C games, 30$ is a great price point and I will definitely be picking that collection up in the near future.

Joeltron3030 said:

August 28th, 12:25 pm

@mancub194 All 3 are 3D

skipper-50 said:

August 28th, 12:26 pm

What languages have the gow collection? spanish?

UnholyBahamut said:

August 28th, 12:31 pm

Wait, so GOW collection only has 3 games (GOW1,2,3) on the disc; Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are a digital download included on the box.
I guess the 5 games couldn’t fit on a single disc, that’s too bad.

Beckanno said:

August 28th, 12:42 pm

Im sure they could fit in one disc. Why did you add the GoW origins as a voucher? If anything another disc would be preferable

angelspawn77 said:

August 28th, 12:48 pm

@ 85

The Blu-ray disc can hold a lot of data, but 5 games is pushing it, sure the psp games aren’t as big in file size as the others, but I’m sure GOW3 takes a big portion of that disc space.

cjhallme said:

August 28th, 12:51 pm

@Cristian Cardona

I just realized you replied to my earlier question (comment 47) about the retail vs. digital versions. Thanks for the answer!

Even though they’ll be the same, I think I might just get them retail so I can have them sooner. :)

darth_orange93 said:

August 28th, 12:52 pm

Hey Cristian do you know what the reason was for not having the the God of War Origins Collection on disc as well? Those two are the only ones I hadn’t played and I was going to pick this up but then I found out that it is simply a voucher for those two games and my hard drive is filled. I guess I’ll go hunt down a copy of the disc release for those two.

Also, I would love a Killzone collection, I haven’t played a single one of those games so a collection of all three would be awesome.

GoogleRomans5 said:

August 28th, 1:02 pm

Hey Cristian!

There are some bugs I heard with the multiplayer in Up Your Arsenal. (like base health being dramatically reduced, which ruins the strategy for Siege games)

Any way Sony/IG/Idol Minds might be able to eventually put out a patch?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

August 28th, 1:50 pm

I honestly don’t know. We’ll be sure to let everyone know when/if we do.

Kazooie_77 said:

August 28th, 1:06 pm

Well I guess I’ll have to wait till sep 25 since I don’t want a box or a disc that sucks but I unstand retailers have to make their money too. God of wars collection does me no good since I I have all of them but GOW III digital on my HD. I hope GOW III will become digital soon.

Draco416 said:

August 28th, 1:21 pm

WHAT THEEEEEEE?!!!!! I thought they were gonna be $10 apiece. The PS Store shows them as $14.99! I only have $11 in my wallet ’cause I thought that was gonna be enough!!!

U-N000 said:

August 28th, 1:33 pm

Hey Cristian you said that you guys are going to announce more collections in the coming months. I was just wondering if some of these games were going to be brand new collections? Meaning games from ps2 era getting Hd collections for the first time. (unlike God of war,etc..) I mean I’d be a little disappointed if it was sly cooper again just bundled the new game.Thanks.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

August 28th, 1:52 pm

It’ll be new stuff….can’t tell you what, though =)

NHDrumline17 said:

August 28th, 1:43 pm

So let me just get this straight:

Today I can buy Ratchet 1,2, and 3 for $14.99 a piece off the PSN

OR

Wait until Sept. 25th and buy the collection with all 3 for $29.99.

Why do I have to wait a month for the bundle?

jimmyfoxhound said:

August 28th, 1:46 pm

Cannot wait to replay Ratchet and Clank again. Those were fabulous games!!!

WaveLightning777 said:

August 28th, 2:24 pm

Regarding God of War Saga, and this is important to me as it influences wether I sell GoW3 and GoWC for it, or just get Origins with a red controller, there was one DLC costume in GoW3 that only came with Ghost of Sparta’s PSP release and was never publically released (Deimos, I believe it was). Does Saga contain this costume, and if it does, will the costume, in some way, be made available via PSN?

jokersoccer13 said:

August 28th, 2:28 pm

this is cool! now all we need is a killzone saga collection and resistance sage collection and also I know sony dosen’t own the METAL GEAR SOLID SERIES but it would be nice to have the ultimate edition including all 6 metal gear games

fede01_8 said:

August 28th, 2:46 pm

Months ago i paid $32 for the Infamous 2 Ultimate Edition and now for 8 more bucks i can get the first one…

HyperFlash said:

August 28th, 2:51 pm

SO does the up your arsenal still have the secret demo of sly 2 ?

Sangetsu-II said:

August 28th, 2:55 pm

Next: Uncharted Collection and Killzone collection pretty please.

viceforce said:

August 28th, 3:02 pm

Saw the epic trailer awesomness. And I picked up the Ratchet $ Clank Collection…………for $25 bucks. I say thats a WAY better deal heh heh