PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

LittleBigPlanet Karting Game Jam Video, Pre-Order Goodies Detailed

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar + Posted by Michael Buffaloe on Aug 30, 2012 // Community Coordinator, LittleBigPlanet Karting

This summer from June 25th to 29th, seven of our LittleBigPlanet community super creators joined the LittleBigPlanet Karting team at SCEA’s San Diego Studio for a Game Jam to help test drive Sackboy’s fastest and most competitive adventure yet. During their stay, they Played a variety of the built-in tracks, Created using LittleBigPlanet Karting‘s revolutionary 3D Create mode, and Shared their thoughts and opinions with all of us here at the studio, so that we could utilize their feedback to help shape LBPK into the best game possible.

On the last few days of the visit, we took the opportunity to document their experiences and get their take on LBPK as a whole, so that we could turn their impressions into a video and share it with our fans. So, in honor of PAX Prime this weekend – a show designed for the fans – we’re happy to present the finished product with all of you. Enjoy!

LittleBigPlanet Karting on PS VitaLittleBigPlanet Karting’s November 6th release date is coming up fast — don’t forget that you can pre-order the game now! Those who pre-order at GameStop will receive the exclusive Headstart Pack, which unlocks over 900 items – karts, costumes, materials, and music – as soon as you boot up the game. This way, you can start creating and sharing amazing levels without having to collect every item. With a new 3D LittleBigPlanet Karting world, there will be no end to the unique content you can invent! Also for GameStop preorders, fans will receive a United Front Games General Costume and an Arcade Cabinet Kart. These pre-order items are in addition to the previously announced Kevin Butler Sackboy Costume and Executive Golf Kart – pretty cool!

LittleBigPlanet Karting on PS VitaLittleBigPlanet Karting on PS Vita

If you find yourself in Seattle for PAX this weekend, come visit the LittleBigPlanet section of the PlayStation Booth for some major Playing, Creating, and Karting! We will be showcasing new race and battle courses in LittleBigPlanet Karting, and our lucky and loyal fans can score a PAX-exclusive, fan-created, LBPK T-shirt chosen from last month’s PS.Blog contest. It’ll be a LittleBigParty weekend — you won’t want to miss out!

+ remanutd5 on August 30th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

How about releasing an online multiplayer patch for ModNation Racers Road Trip San Diego Studio?

+ IM_RICK_GRIMES on August 30th, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

will this game be sold on PSN ?

+ Ryumoau on August 30th, 2012 at 8:16 am said:

I was annoyed that they automatically downloaded the beta for this on my ps3 without my permission a couple weeks ago. i tried it and it wasn’t fun. Then again i have little interest in the LBP games and only a moderate interest in Kart Racing (specifically Mario Kart).

+ KazeEternal on August 30th, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

Really excited for this game. Did I hear create your own weapons in that video? OMG GENIUS!

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar

+ Michael Buffaloe on August 30th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

Weapons, Karts, Tracks, Arenas – the list goes on and on!

+ Jake_Indiman on August 30th, 2012 at 8:21 am said:

My kids are looking forward to it, they already destroyed Modnation Racers. By the way still playing Sleeping Dogs. AWESOME GAME! Looking forward to your next project UFG!

+ chavez1138 on August 30th, 2012 at 8:27 am said:

@Ryumoau you must have the automatic download for PS+ activated, it’s not the fault of the PS3 system that you check the box of automatic download for recomended games and media…

+ guitarded77 on August 30th, 2012 at 8:33 am said:

I want Kevin Butler back for another marketing campaign… that said, at lease we get to see him as a sackatar.

+ Ryumoau on August 30th, 2012 at 8:33 am said:

@6 its never downloaded a full game like that before. And quite frankly i find it insulting that they would ‘recommend’ this to me. Would rather have a beta of something actually interesting like All Stars.

+ Elvick_ on August 30th, 2012 at 8:44 am said:

@8: Then turn off that setting or shush. Complaining about something you can opt out of is the most pointless thing ever.

+ ninjamuppet12 on August 30th, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

Is the uk getting this stuff too because the arcade car looks awesome

+ joeyrpger on August 30th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

Now that’s more like it! Headstart Pack is one of best ideas to come out of the Wonderplane yet! Going to add more money to my preorder deposit at GameStop as soon as I get the email confirming my God of War Saga hold request!

+ Crazy_S on August 30th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

I’m glad the GameJam video turned out well. I had a blast at the GameJam and I can’t wait for the game to come out.

+ Teflon02 on August 30th, 2012 at 9:02 am said:

@1
Common, don’t you know? They are trying to kill the ModNation Racers Series they won’t add online because they want to make people forget the series smh. But als good news, if you like ModNation like I do, I assume you’d like games like CTR Crash Team Racing and Diddy Kong Racing. If so you’d like to buy the PS Vita Vesion of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, it’s running off the same engine as the PS3 and the game will have all the PS3 features on the Vita as well as 8 Player Online multiplayer. I just hope battle mode will be online also.

+ TwinDad on August 30th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

See you guys at PAX.

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar

+ Michael Buffaloe on August 30th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Looking forward to it! :)

+ boomstickbhg on August 30th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Hey.

You keep mentioning 3D in your post.

So this game is 3D TV compatable?

+ Ryumoau on August 30th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

@9 what are you babbling about now? It was a pointless Beta regardless. Give me something useful like All Stars.

+ ChrisH_901 on August 30th, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

can’t wait this will be one of the best kart games i have played yet

+ ChrisH_901 on August 30th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

will thier be a update so that we can play modnation racer road trip onine with order people.

+ remanutd5 on August 30th, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

@13 i was under the impression that Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed was not gonna support online on the psvita but if it does then its a must buy from me, 8 players online on the vita? oh my lord thats gonna be something if it does support them. Yea i knew they were not gonna add online multiplayer to ModNation, oh well what can you do? stop supporting them i guess.

+ UltraRazpacho on August 30th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

@16

What made the Karting beta pointless? You’re just complaining because you haven’t gotten into the PSASBR beta yet.

+ ASC2175 on August 30th, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

Damm, I needs to pre-order! I loved the beta and I just want my Vincent Hair flowing in the wind…flowwwwwing….

+ blakseed on August 30th, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

@ UltraRazpacho

Read some of that Ryu guys comments around the blog. He sounds like one of the most entitled, spoiled children to comment here, so him complaining about something that shouldn’t even be an issue is no surprise.

Anyway, I was in the beta and though it was ok, but I’m not really into cart racing myself, and I SUCK at designing levels in LBP.

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar

+ Michael Buffaloe on August 30th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

Don’t forget, the editor is capable of much more than just Karting tracks / arenas. We can definitely expect to see a ton of amazing Karting content, but the community will also come up with lots of stuff that doesn’t even involve Karting. And we’re very interested in supporting that kind of stuff going forward, as well. So you’ll definitely have a variety :)

+ macy113 on August 30th, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

What gives. United Front is developing the game. and there in Canada. so how come the pre-order bonuses arnt on GameStop.Ca/Ebgames.ca?

+ iiGeTMoNeY23 on August 30th, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

It’s way overdue that PlayStation gets a AAA kart game that’s literally from everyone, everyone can play, not always end up in the back, easy to learn, master, extremely easy to get addicted to and with enough depth for the most hardcore of them all, from the youngest and most casual, to the oldest and most hardcore. Modnation Racers was too difficult and complex for casuals and young people. This game needs to be all that.

Also, instead of making the game just from one franchise, in this case LittleBigPlanet, it should be a PlayStation franchise kart game with PlayStation characters, like PSABR. That will always be better than characters from just one franchise. And worse here, unless there are other known characters, the only known character in LBP is Sackboy. That has always been a dream for me and I know many other people as well, a PlayStation franchise kart game, golf game, four player party brawler game, etc.

And keep the Play. Creat. Share epicness so we can create anything we want as well.

+ KeefRiffards on August 30th, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

Ryumauo, you find it insulting that they sent you the beta? You were one of the lucky few who actually was chosen to participate in a beta for a game that A TON of people are psyched for, and you find it insulting? How pathetic! Mommy and daddy won’t buy it for you then, don’t worry. If you don’t like the game, and aren’t interested, don’t post about it. Not everyone (or anyone, for that matter) wants to hear your whining.

I, on the other hand, DO find it insulting when someone like you acts as if they are entitled to every little thing…From what I have seen of your posts, the only time you stop complaining is when you are asking for more. I received a beta key as well, and I found the game quite fun. LBP is a great franchise, and it’s games encourage creativity, team-work, and intelligence. It’s no surprise, then, that some people just don’t have the capacity to enjoy them…unlike most of today’s uninspired shooters and the like, LBP actually requires a brain.

+ KeefRiffards on August 30th, 2012 at 12:15 pm said:

I digress….Great work on the game Michael and Co.! I really loved the beta, and I am sure I will enjoy the full game ten times as much. Your team is one of the best in the industry, along with MediaMolecule, and I avidly await the release of LittleBigPlanet Karting! Already pre-ordered, but being as I work at a video game retailer that isn’t Gamestop, who knows if I will get the pre-order goodies. Any insight you could provide? Does it need to be Gamestop? I know it specifically mentions them, but I have seen that before for other games and still received the bonuses. Any help would be appreciated!

+ doctorSTRANG on August 30th, 2012 at 12:20 pm said:

Is the Modnation franchise still alive? Or now it will be only LBP Karting?

+ Teflon02 on August 30th, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

@19
Yup it definitely will have online multiplayer for 8 players. SEGA confirmed every version including the PS Vita and 3DS version will have online. Also that preorder bonuses for the game is on PS Vita, PS3 and 360 only so far. They also said all versions will have the same content. And all versions run on the new engine but the 3DS version which they had to make a modified engine for. Its a must have for anyone that wants online racing like this on the go.
But back on topic I can’t wat for this game so i can retire ModNation Racers & Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. I personally loved the beta, though the creating had SERIOUS issues. Creating shapes NEVER worked properly for me. If it’s just me, I hope someone can explain the differences I get so frustrated trying to make my own shapes it doesn’t allow me to make anything but like a small shape like a rectangular object. But I love the online in it, though of course the thing needs cleaning up of glitches and needs tweaks. People were skipping laps on every stage, which was tbe only way i was losing races.
Can’t wait til i can play CTR on my Vita also.

+ Teflon02 on August 30th, 2012 at 1:08 pm said:

I just wish we could get CTR: Crash Team Racing remade on PS3 and PS Vita with Online. I’d buy it no hesitation. I literally play CTR for hours every now and then since i got it in 2000. Have the original disc and bought it on psn also. Love it. This game looks like it’s the closest thing to challenging it. To me CTR and Diddy Kong Racing were the 2 best combat racing games and im getting 2 games this year that seem similar to them. this is awesome :)

+ Grouken on August 30th, 2012 at 1:14 pm said:

Can you share a pic of the fan-created LBPK T-shirts?

+ webbiken on August 30th, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

While this game looks like it will be epic I think I’m going to stay with modnation for a while seeing how it was one of the main reasons I wanted a PS3 along with Little Big Planet and Uncharted. I will get this game the second modnation takes it’s last breath.

+ xKakashi209x on August 30th, 2012 at 3:11 pm said:

I was wondering when will the LBP karting contest winner and runner ups be announced? Also, can’t wait for the game to come out!

+ shadysaiyanz on August 30th, 2012 at 3:22 pm said:

Will Probably be getting this since i bought all the LBP’s (though im not a super creator haha). I have one question though. Why exactly is this and Playstation All stars releasing at the same time (really close together)? That doesn’t seem very smart.

+ IcedDice777 on August 30th, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

The Day i feel insulted for being “INVITED” to participate on a Beta for the purpose of game feedback … that’s the day i quit the Hobby. Children say the darndest things. 8)

+ D34DL1N3R on August 30th, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

The beta sucked imo. I’m definitely not buying it if it was any indication of the crapiness of the game. But then again, I don’t like either LBP games either. I just cant stand the “floaty” feeling of the controls. ModNation is the superior game and there was absolutely no reason to create LBP Karting except to grab the cash from people who didn’t buy MNR.. hoping that the LBP name in itself would draw them in.

+ TJF588 on August 30th, 2012 at 6:10 pm said:

Meh, extend dat shizz to Amazon, eh?

+ AmaterasuOkami1 on August 30th, 2012 at 7:07 pm said:

Nice. I wish you guys did Cross Buy with Little Big Planet Karting though. That would be awesome. :(

+ DelicaGunz on August 30th, 2012 at 8:18 pm said:

SONY please just take my money!!

+ SWITCH_00599 on August 30th, 2012 at 9:47 pm said:

K.B. FTW I want a Kevin Butler Dynamic theme tho XD

+ D-Squad3 on August 30th, 2012 at 11:33 pm said:

So what is the winning T-Shirt design?

+ mini_schnauzer67 on August 31st, 2012 at 11:45 pm said:

@27:

Sadly the MNR franchise is pretty much dead now, it’s been completely ditched by all developers, but there’s still a decently sized and great community playing, on the PS3 version anyway.

The one thing I dislike about UFG is that the sell games that need patching. The main complaints for the original MNR were the difficulty (which, btw, as a pretty casual gamer had no problem with, challenge is good imo) and the load times. These were patched a couple of months later, but many people didn’t stick around that long. Then roadtrip for vita gets no online, and absolutely idiotic decision that led to the game getting basically no sales. If only UFG delayed the release for both games a month or 2, the MNR franchise might’ve been a huge success… But they didn’t, and so MNR is dead.

I didn’t mind the LBPK beta, and I’ll probably buy it, but it’ll nver replace MNR for me.

+ arian_ta on September 1st, 2012 at 2:22 pm said:

does anybody have a beta code of lbp karting i really want to play it and when the game comes ill buy it i cant really wait

+ Chris—Kristy on September 2nd, 2012 at 2:33 pm said:

@arian_ta
The LBP Karting Beta ended August 1st…

I’m in Canada and so as far as Gamestop goes since its EB Games up here will I still get the Headstart Pack by pre-order? When I go to the Canadian website it only says the Kevin Butler pre-order DLC but the American site shows the Headstart Pack and then lists Canadian store locations for pre-order pick up… This whole pre-order bonus stuff is confusing!

+ Chris—Kristy on September 2nd, 2012 at 2:39 pm said:

Also forgot about the Game Maker Pack… Is that only available to EU?