PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PlayStation All-Stars: Nariko and Sir Daniel Join The Fight

Daniel Maniago's Avatar + Posted by Daniel Maniago on Aug 31, 2012 // Community Manager, SuperBot Entertainment

The doors to the PAX convention center are officially open here in Seattle. The show is now in full swing, and so are our character reveals! We already unveiled Evil Cole and Raiden this week, and now we have two more characters that we’re announcing at the show today.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Nariko

Heavenly Sword’s Nariko has joined the cast of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale! Heavenly Sword’s cinematic experience and engaging gameplay dazzled gamers in 2007, an experience we wish to re-create for those playing as Nariko in PlayStation All-Stars. Nariko has proven to be a strong female lead, and was a prime candidate for inclusion in the roster.

During Nariko’s combo attacks, players can trigger different actions during key poses within her offense. This opens up defensive options such as dodging, jumping, or parrying mid-combo, or offensive options such as continued combo attacks or juggle starters. She also has several projectile attacks to harass opponents with from a distance. During her level 3 super, Nariko uses the full power of the Goddess to devastate the battlefield with attacks inspired from her Level 3 Super Style attacks from Heavenly Sword.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Sir Daniel

For all the old-school PlayStation fans out there, we’ve included Sir Daniel Fortesque in our roster! The older crowd might remember this skeletal knight from SCE Cambridge Studios’ MediEvil series, widely regarded as a PlayStation classic and praised for its quirky style and fun gameplay. It’s been 14 years since Sir Daniel’s video game debut, and he’s ready to shake the rust off his armor to do battle with the rest of the PlayStation All-Stars cast.

Sir Daniel is a crowd-control character who is able to build heavy amounts of AP while in the middle of the action. He brings several weapons to the battle including his axe, chicken drumstick, bow, and even his various skeletal appendages, all taken directly from the MediEvil series. He also has his trusty broadsword and shield, the latter which can be equipped during battle to absorb damage and strengthen his charge attacks. His super attacks are more magical in nature, summoning the power of his lightning orb, Golden Chalice, and even Zarok’s Anubis Stone to KO opponents.

We invite you all to stop by the PlayStation booth over the next few days to go hands-on with all four of our new characters. They will all be playable at the booth for the very first time. We’ll also have some cross-play PS3 / PS Vita matches happening, so you’ll want to check those out as well! SuperBot’s Creative Director, Omar Kendall, will be at PAX this weekend too, so if you see him around the show floor let him know what you think of the game! We always look forward to meeting you and hearing your feedback. Enjoy the show!

161 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

Great to see these characters in. Hopefully there are maybe a few more character reveals left.

+ RandomReduX on August 31st, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

Awesome, I was REALLY hoping Sir Daniel would make it, and now he has :D Brilliant!

+ pirateking1287 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

This is awesome! I wanted more sword characters so bad and we got them. So nay news about the story and other game modes in the game?

+ Xcaligamer1 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

after seeing this i am 100% sold on this game. Love how nariko comes off. still wish there was a chimera from resistance franchise in the game. DLC maybe? specials can be leapers, auger like abilities, and turning into that huge chimer (forgot what they’re called)

+ Sonic-Boom on August 31st, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

woooooooooooooow cooooool as always wish sonic comes in but woow guys there is no denying you are doing a great job
totally getting it thanks super bot
but i wanna ask the vita version does it run at 60 FPS or 30 FPS just asking

+ saintaqua on August 31st, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

I’m so happy to see Nariko! This game needs more female characters and she’s a great pick!
I’m hoping for some Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Legend of Dragoon characters as well.
Since I know you guys have been great about reading our requests it seems, I’ll make a list of my own of wanted characters. :)

Someone from Final Fantasy: Tidus, Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall, Tifa, Yuna, summons, chocobos
Amaterasu, the Dovahkiin, Dart or anyone else from LoD, Sora or Riku, and don’t forget some more villains.

+ DiogoLouro on August 31st, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

I can’t wait to play as Nariko! Thanks SuperBot, keep up the good work!

+ Wozman23 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

Now that all the leaked characters are formally announced, I can’t wait to see what’s next!

+ VinylSolution on August 31st, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

It’s great to see these characters once again! I imagine that the reveals for this game are far from over, though.

+ MarinoBrea on August 31st, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

Now you only need CRASH BANDICOOT and this will be a real PlayStation celebration. Lara Croft (which is getting a new game and should use some promoting) should also be in here, if only as DLC. Spyro the Dragon, maybe a Resident Evil character (RE6 upcoming), maybe Alucard from Castlevania (another game coming up, also in need of promotion), and of course we’re in the 25th Anniversary of Metal Gear so Solid Snake should join Raiden. Also a very long shot, knowing that Square-Enix doesn’t like money, but Cloud Strife would be great.

The Top 5 PlayStation characters of ALL time in my opinion are:

1-Crash Bandicoot
2-Cloud Strife
3-Solid Snake
4-Lara Croft
5-Kratos

These are the characters that made the PlayStation brand, and you’re missing 4 of them.

+ Xcaligamer1 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

I want DART from legend of sragoon

+ phzzt on August 31st, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

Great stuff! So nice getting to see all of those leaked characters in action. Put a smile on my face :)

+ FORMIK on August 31st, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

Insert requests here for Heavenly Sword trophies and MediEvil PS1 on the Vita.

I’m very excited to see Nariko! Heavenly Sword is an excellent game. There’s some awesome swords among those in the roster.

+ D-Squad3 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

This is all we’re getting for PAX?

+ IshimaruKenta on August 31st, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

>_< at the American pronunciation of Nariko. It's Na-ri-ko, but Nuh-riko.

+ XxNo0b_H8rxX on August 31st, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

Cool! Here are some suggestions I have for characters in the game:
Crash, Spyro, Ico, Wander, Emmet Graves, Ethan Mars, Oragami Killer, Sev, Nathan Hale, Chimera, Deadmund, Finn, Issac Clark, Ezio, Batman, The Joker, John Marston, and none other than Kevin Butler! Kevin Butler could use the move controller and accessories like the sword attachment and sharpshooter.

+ xX_SOULx3ATER_Xx on August 31st, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

Sora and Cloud thats all i ask for please

+ AnimeBloodShot69 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

I think either Sora and or Riku and or Roxas should be added to this game. So far I am liking the character list for this game!

+ Pukerat on August 31st, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

They are easily some of the best characters to be announced. They needed to give us something good after seeing Evil Cole and Raiden…

I’m still not holding my breath though. No Hot Shots Golf characters yet and if we get a Final Fantasy character, chances are it’ll end up being Lightning.

+ KazeEternal on August 31st, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

FINALLY NARIKO! Now if we can only get a Sequel to Heavenly Sword.

+ MadMeat001 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

TOMBA!
Can we play with our own music?

+ bernionline2 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

This is getting better and better!

Can you confirm if there is gonna be more characters?

+ jds07 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

YEEEEEEESSS! Now I get to see an epic battle (or team up) between Kratos and Nariko. This game is going to be great!

+ KeefRiffards on August 31st, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

I love the new choices! I sure hope there are more characters then the ones that have been announced or leaked already….WE NEED A FINAL FANTASY CHARACTER! Pretty please! I am begging, and I know more than a few other people would have expressed similar sentiments. When I think of Playstation, I don’t think of Big Daddy. I think of FF (or Kingdom Hearts, sure), Crash or Spyro, Wander from SoTC or Ico….Lara Croft….the possibilities are wide, and I hope to see at least some of them come to fruition. One of the reasons why people hold Smash Bros so dear is because it has a TON of characters. Please Superbot, give the big N a run for their money. Up the roster as much as possible with the delayed release. I realize that at this point any characters added would probably end up being DLC, being as we are mere months away, but I am trying to hold out hope that you guys have a few characters still secreted away. With that said, I can’t wait to play this game. Keep up the good work, and thank you for making a lot of Playstation gamer’s dreams come true. Here’s to hoping I can can get into the beta!

+ D-Squad3 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

Okay so all of the leaked characters are now revealed, I really hope we get at least 4 more!

And Nariko vs Kratos is just unreal! Imagine Nariko and Kratos teaming in 2v2! OMG

+ iZalman007 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

Pretty cool choices, SuperBot. When can we expect more character reveals? I’m SO hoping for Crash/Spyro/Lightning/Rayman/Wander.

+ uncleniccius on August 31st, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

As others have asked, any more announcements to come? Rayman would be my pick along with Crash!! Globox could be in too… you can probably see from my avatar that I am a fan.

+ cosmis_chaos on August 31st, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Superbot, I know you guys have had to listen to a whole bunch of crap a lot of it either idiotic, psychotic or obsessively fanboyish over Evil Cole, Raiden and Dante but I would just like to stop and thank you guys for Spike, Sir Dan, Parappa and all the rest of the characters. People are so obsessed with their long lists of characters they want and complaining about a few that they don’t they usually forget to thank you for the ones we have. I must be hard to constantly be hammered with negativity for things that are probably not your call or not be appreciated for your hard work or be accused of ‘copying’ and being unprofessional and everything else.I would especially like to thank you for Sir Dan as I only got to play Medievil not to long ago and now it is one of my favorite games ever. Don’t ever be discouraged by the nonsense people accuse you of and the whining and griping that goes on. People will nitpick this game a lot before and after it comes out but don’t worry. Us true gamers will give it the chance it deserves even though many are trying to bury it before it even comes out.I know what it is to be trying your hardest and people keep contradicting and criticizing every move you make no matter what you do.

Daniel Maniago's Avatar

+ Daniel Maniago on August 31st, 2012 at 2:33 pm said:

Thanks so much! I’m glad a lot of your favorites are playable in the game. You won’t be disappointed when it’s finally released!

+ D-Squad3 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

So the question is, is this the final roster?

+ IzoGray on August 31st, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

Do we really need ANOTHER regular character with a sword?

Please make your next character female and let it be Kat from Gravity Rush or Tifa from FFVII

+ Jrange378 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

They look awesome guys! Maybe you should think twice before letting certain websites get interviews with new characters….they made Sir Dan and Nariko look pretty terrible when thy leaked them yesterday….

Can’t wait to see who gets revealed next! All the characters from the initial leak are here, now we’re in the dark again!

+ blakseed on August 31st, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

I foresee a lot of crazy battles between Kratos and Nariko.

+ DarkHowl on August 31st, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

Very nice to see Sir Dan in. Pretty goofy and looks fun to play. Hopefully we get another small dose of PS1/PS2 era specific characters before the end of the reveals. Maybe some Crash and Tomba? :D

+ Teflon02 on August 31st, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

@5 Sonic-Boom
I’m assuming you started following this game recently, Good News to your PS Vita concerns. the PS Vita version was confirmed to be 60fps like the PS3, at E3 I believe

+ onslaughtree on August 31st, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

Seems like every single character that the fans have been asking for are being released. Only waiting for Crash and Spyro. Eventhough I think that Spyro will not be a good fit. But the fans seem to think otherwise. Great job SuperBot, the roster just keeps getting better and better. Im getting most all for the cross buy. ….Keep On Gaming.

+ braaaadley_ on August 31st, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

Very nice! All that’s left is to add is Crash, Spyro, and Lara Croft. :p

+ Teflon02 on August 31st, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

Kratos vs Nariko is my first match lol. God of War vs Goddess of Way :P
but loving all 8 of the recent reveals. Can’t wait for more. I know that you guys were getting all the leaks out first. Since the Beta was a early build, It wouldn’t contain all characters and stages and if it did, delay the game again cause that definitely would not be enough content to satisfy anyone. Can’t wait for mor info on other modes and story etc

+ insano_jaco on August 31st, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

Amazing!!
Superbot nailed with this trailer reveal, Nariko VS Kratos was EPIC!
Congrats!

Evil Cole
Raiden
Sir Daniel
Nariko

————

Now we need:

- some Street Fighter (Ryu)
- some Mortal Kombat (SubZero? Scorpion)
- some Castlevania (Alucard or Belmont)
- some Silent Hill (Pyramid Head?)
- Crash Bandicoot
- Solid Snake
- Kat from Gravity Rush!

And a question: there is a story mode, with ending for each character?

+ remanutd5 on August 31st, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

well this pretty much guaranteed my PSASBR purchase, i wanted Sir Daniel and Nariko to be on the game and they are in!!!! now sony i have 2 other requests to make:
1. I want a new MediEvil game on the psvita and ps3 with move support
2. Heavenly Sword sequel on psvita/ps3 thank you.

+ onslaughtree on August 31st, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

I think a Hot Shots character will be revealed next.

+ onslaughtree on August 31st, 2012 at 11:07 am said:

@38..I would stay away from the Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat Characters If I were developing this game. I luv them, but I dont think I want to see them in this game. Of your list, I like Alcard Pyramid head & Crash most. Nice choices.

+ boomstickbhg on August 31st, 2012 at 11:07 am said:

Sigh…

Heavenly sword, one of the worst games of this generation gets a character/roster spot. A game that isn’t even remotely a classic.

Can’t comment on the other character since I’ve never heard of him or his game(s).

All I know is that unless there’s 10-12 more characters to be revealed that are A) sony exlusive (new dante, raiden etc.. are not) and B) from actual Classic games/beloved characters then I won’t even bother with the demo for this game.

I was very excited when I first heard about this game. Almost every character reveal has diminished that to the point where I am now going out to re-buy a copy of the Wii Smash Bro’s since it’s very cheap right now and since this game is a clone of Smash bros with less recognizable/sensible characters.

I guess it’s ok if you want an inferior clone of a game series that’s been on another system for many years.

Or if you’ve heard of/like these odd/obscure/nonsene characters. (no I don’t hate them all, just the majority).

+ paladin_veltron on August 31st, 2012 at 11:17 am said:

Please get ALUCARD in there SuperBot. One of the best ps1 games symphony of the night, he belongs in this game. Im all about ALUCARD right now. Replaying symphony of the night on my VITA, effing awesome.

+ megacarlos on August 31st, 2012 at 11:21 am said:

Megaman x !!! Plz grant my dying wish

+ insano_jaco on August 31st, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

@41
I understand its a risk, but if it could be done RIGHT, we could expect some fights never seen before, the same way there is Nariko VS Kratos, could be a Ryu VS Subzero. And the possibility of this fight to happen could sell this game more than any other combat.

+ cosmis_chaos on August 31st, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

@ boomstickbhg. First of all Heavenly Sword wasn’t even close to the worst games of this gen. Second every PlayStation owner from before knows who Sir Dan is from Medievil. There were two sequels and a third one was in the works before it was cancelled. Check any PASBR wish list and he is in 80% of them. Third of all you are very narrow minded to think that it is simply a clone. And fourth you are trying to pass off your opinion as fact. Fifthly several of Nintendo characters are not recognizable by any modern gamer including Marth, Ness, Pitt, Mr Game and Watch, King Dee Dee Dee, Ice Climbers and ROB. No one cares if you want to go and play SSB. Just go do it and shut up about it.

+ Apeman24 on August 31st, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

Good reveals. There’s three months left before launch so I would think there would be more characters. There are still a few stages from the leak left. I think the next few would be at the Tokyo game show when the new Final Fantasy lightning announcement is made for a promotion probably Lightning even though I want Cloud more than anyone,and a metal gear solid: ground zeroes promotion, even though I would prefer classic Solid snake Big Boss is good. Why do you guys not show us more of our pre order alternate costumes, I want to know what I payed for.

+ onslaughtree on August 31st, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

Smash Bros Is a clone of an old Japanese game.

+ sekaniy on August 31st, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

@28
+100 agree. I’m happy they put the big 3 of platforms from PS2 Ratchet,Jak, Sly. Even if they are copying (which they aren’t completely) I’m glad they are. Cause all we would have to wait for is Smash Bro WiiU/3DS. And how long will that be. Sony has a dedicated fan base that are really excited to use their characters in a battle brawler with all unique plays. Superbot is doing a lot of research to get things right from 15-30 different characters, getting the voice actors, studying special move sets to the game etc.

They will never be able to satisfy everyone, but so far Im excited and satisfied with the roster so far.

+ TriForceElf on August 31st, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

Here’s still hoping for Crash, SPyro, Blasto, Jersey Devil, a Team Buddy, and Croc. Possibly Nathan Hale and or a Chimera..or just the whole slew of them xD
Hell, even Gex would be nice to have.
Or even better yet, Voldo from SC : D